View Full Version : siamese dream mystery

Cool As Ice Cream
02-09-2012, 04:49 AM
i'm not sure what to think of this, but when i was looking up the matrix codes of the siamese dream vinyl reissue (to add it to www.spfreaks.com), i thought they looked a bit weird. long story short, i found out that part of the matrix codes were hidden messages.

here are the matrix codes on the four sides:
5099967929016 Siamese Dream Disc 1 Side 1 A+R Dallas SPGII S-27899 RE-2 6.21.3.11 25.15.21
5099967928910 Siamese Dream Disc 1 Side 2 S-27900 RE-2 19.21.3.11 13.25 4.9.3.11
5099967929016 Siamese Dream Disc 2 Side 1 A+R Dallas SPGII S-27901 RE-2 12.9.3.11 13.25 16.21.19.19.25
5099967929115 SIAMESE DREAM DISC 2-SIDE 2-Re1 S-27902 RE-3 23.5 12.15.22.5 25.15.21

it's simple alphabet code. 1=a, 2=b, ...
this results in: "fuck you", "suck my dick", "lick my pussy", and "we love you".
i thought maybe some of you might find this interesting.

does anyone have any insight in who might be responsible for these little additions to the matrix codes?
do you think b0lly o'corrigan knows about these?

reprise85
02-09-2012, 05:00 AM
this is pretty rad

Cool As Ice Cream
02-09-2012, 02:48 PM
yep.

CrabbMan
02-09-2012, 02:52 PM
Is this true? If so, I approve!

Cool As Ice Cream
02-09-2012, 02:55 PM
oh yeah, this is real.
some other people with this reissue have checked their copy, and it has the same matrix codes.

Cool As Ice Cream
02-09-2012, 02:56 PM
where did the last couple of posts in this thread go to, by the way? i'm fairly certain both lala and rottenugly had posted.

Kahlo
02-09-2012, 03:10 PM
haha, fantastic. But why?

Cool As Ice Cream
02-09-2012, 03:13 PM
i have no idea.
someone must have thought this would be funny?
not that many people think "dick" or "pussy" is that funny, so it can't be too hard to find the person who did this.

scottytheoneand
02-09-2012, 03:21 PM
this is why Kerry was fired

Kahlo
02-09-2012, 03:25 PM
It's so inane, childish and crass.*

*posted on Netphoria.

slunken
02-09-2012, 04:59 PM
bram can you tell the story of how this code was cracked

Kahlo
02-09-2012, 05:06 PM
Also write it in the style of the Davinci code.

slunken
02-09-2012, 05:08 PM
or face the consequences

New Art Rioter
02-09-2012, 05:19 PM
Ha! It's like a schoolboy version of the Machina mystery. I'm guessing these must have been added by the person who cut the vinyl? Corgan would be pissed off knowing this. Can we have some pics?

Skradgee
02-09-2012, 05:51 PM
wtf

slunken
02-09-2012, 06:25 PM
oh yeah, this is real.
some other people with this reissue have checked their copy, and it has the same matrix codes.

why would the reissue have the same matrix codes? - it wasn't pressed from the same master

Slug
02-09-2012, 07:45 PM
..."fuck you", "suck my dick", "lick my pussy", and "we love you"...

do you think b0lly o'corrigan knows about these?

Something tells me it was his idea. He probably thought that these are "powerful" words.
What else can you expect from the guy who is lost somewhere between TGBK and wrestling?

croPUMPKINS
02-09-2012, 08:16 PM
I think we shall ask lala to dig that one for us

T&T
02-09-2012, 11:55 PM
pics and send billy a christmas card.

dustrock
02-10-2012, 12:32 AM
Good detective work

slunken
02-10-2012, 12:44 AM
pics and send billy a christmas card.

time to unseal one of those copies

Kahlo
02-10-2012, 03:08 AM
yes, would like to see pics of this.

Dan Bram - get on the case

Cool As Ice Cream
02-10-2012, 03:22 AM
here's one scan.
http://i40.tinypic.com/zy6gj7.jpg

the story isn't really that interesting.
someone had asked me to make scans of the vinyl labels and to write down the matrix codes, so they could add the gish and siamese dream vinyl reissue to www.spfreaks.com. (someone else was making pictures of his sealed copies.)
i was writing down the matrix codes from each side, and the matrix codes from siamese dream seemed a bit odd to me. too long. and those last numbers seemed inconsistent. if they had a matrix code meaning, i'd expect them all to have the same format. but instead, they seemed like random numbers with random dots and spaces in between them.
then i also noticed none of the numbers were larger than 26, so i thought, what if it's alphabet code?
and then i checked if it was, and to my surprise, it was.
the end.

ps, slunken: i am only discussing the 2011 vinyl reissues here.

Kahlo
02-10-2012, 03:42 AM
maybe Billy will give you a prize!!!

http://www.partydelights.co.uk/images/pinatas/PULLBURO_lg.JPG

fuzzyroes
02-10-2012, 03:43 AM
haha thats awesome. Probably a little inside joke that they figured no one would catch on to.

Cool As Ice Cream
02-10-2012, 03:45 AM
maybe Billy will give you a prize!!!

i don't think he'll be very happy when he finds out about this.
not that i have very much to do with it, but i doubt i'll get a prize.

fuzzyroes
02-10-2012, 03:52 AM
It was possibly Billys idea. Hence the last message being the "we love you" part.

Cool As Ice Cream
02-10-2012, 04:03 AM
apparently billy has now heard about these and is upset.

T&T
02-10-2012, 04:28 AM
^^^^ where'd you read that?

i guess if i cared it's probably on twitter or facebook right?

Cool As Ice Cream
02-10-2012, 04:40 AM
that's what the people at spfreaks.com told me. if i understand it correctly, they tried to contact billy or someone close to the band about it, via i-don't-know-who, and this is what they heard.
i don't think billy has tweeted about it or something. i believe he'd rather keep it quiet.

DiscoJon
02-10-2012, 05:43 AM
"fuck you" = Jamez
"suck my dick" = D'arcy
"lick my pussy" = Bolly
"we love you" = Jimmy C.

MACHINA MYSTERY SOLVED

T&T
02-10-2012, 10:18 AM
lets spread the word.

great poster
02-10-2012, 11:23 AM
"fuck you" = Jamez
"suck my dick" = D'arcy
"lick my pussy" = Bolly
"we love you" = Jimmy C.

MACHINA MYSTERY SOLVED

this is it holy shit looks like the case is closed

Cool As Ice Cream
02-10-2012, 12:27 PM
http://users.telenet.be/crush/images/machinamystery.jpg

great poster
02-10-2012, 12:38 PM
http://users.telenet.be/crush/images/machinamystery.jpg

FUCKAND EAT YOU CUNT SHITPIG/

Spira|_
02-10-2012, 12:50 PM
lol what weird stuff.. couldnt be coincidence!

whywontyoulistn
02-10-2012, 12:54 PM
"fuck you" = Jamez
"suck my dick" = D'arcy
"lick my pussy" = Bolly
"we love you" = Jimmy C.

It's more fun to imagine the current band members saying them.

Zerospaced
02-10-2012, 01:16 PM
Everyone seems to be trying to push this under the rug. None of the blogs want to touch it and other's say it's too "negative" or not newsworthy. Hidden messages of profanity on a very major album release seems to me like it should be reported. Positive or negative this is news. It seems most of these new sites are afraid to post anything that will upset Corgan. Just because the messages can be seen as negative or malicious does not mean a blog post reporting the incident is. I'm surprised HU has not posted about this.

great poster
02-10-2012, 01:52 PM
let's be honest at this point do you really think billy even gives a fuck

slunken
02-10-2012, 02:25 PM
ps, slunken: i am only discussing the 2011 vinyl reissues here.

oh wow i somehow missed that part. excuse me, then.

slunken
02-10-2012, 02:26 PM
somehow the fact that's it's on the reissue and not the originals makes it even weirder don't you think? anyone?

reprise85
02-10-2012, 02:37 PM
someones gonna get fired

slunken
02-10-2012, 02:49 PM
$50 sez this was billy's idea and it is backfiring on him

Cool As Ice Cream
02-10-2012, 02:50 PM
somehow the fact that's it's on the reissue and not the originals makes it even weirder don't you think? anyone?

i don't understand where you're coming from.
it's a completely new vinyl pressing, with a completely new matrix code, not in any way related to the original pressings. i don't see why you'd expect these hidden messages on the original pressings as well.

Cool As Ice Cream
02-10-2012, 02:51 PM
I'm surprised HU has not posted about this.

me too.

slunken
02-10-2012, 02:58 PM
i don't understand where you're coming from.
it's a completely new vinyl pressing, with a completely new matrix code, not in any way related to the original pressings. i don't see why you'd expect these hidden messages on the original pressings as well.

what i meant was, from my record collecting experience, this sort of thing would be found on original pressings and then removed on subsequent pressings. ie - it would be easier to get away with the first time around but would have to be justified the second time around (if anyone even remembered).

i guess my main question with these being found on the reissues is "why bother?"

the only logical reason i can come up with is that billy was in a bad mood about these reissues for some reason and snuck these snarky messages in. they were easily found and now he's going to have to justify it for some reason. that's just my speculation.

i thought the days of "guys playing practical jokes at the pressing plant" were long gone too so it doesn't add up to these not being put there because the band (billy) wanted it.

Cool As Ice Cream
02-10-2012, 03:02 PM
i seriously doubt billy is behind this.
and i can understand these messages getting out on the released records anyway, because they were coded. even if your job was to approve these matrix codes, you could very easily look over these, because they look just like random numbers.

regarding originals vs. reissues and where to most likely find these: if it's a practical joke from someone at the pressing plant, it can happen on both original and reissue. same chance, really. except that maybe these days the pumpkins are disliked a bit more than back in '93. dunno. that would be just my guess.

slunken
02-10-2012, 03:09 PM
i seriously doubt billy is behind this.
and i can understand these messages getting out on the released records anyway, because they were coded. even if your job was to approve these matrix codes, you could very easily look over these, because they look just like random numbers.

i've worked with pressing plants before and it's not about approving the matrix codes. there's only a certain amount of information that must be etched onto the outgroove. the rest of that information is provided by the band or someone working for the band on a form that is filled out with individual boxes etc you know the type.

so it's not about approving the numbers so much as it is who decided that they be put there. it is least likely someone at the plant took it upon themselves to do this that would be too risky.

the guys pressing really don't care what they're pressing on the grooves they just do what they're told. coded language or not.

Cool As Ice Cream
02-10-2012, 03:20 PM
hmmm... interesting. i have no idea how the whole pressing plant thing works.

now i really wonder who's behind this.
i've heard that billy was not amused when he heard about this. but that was only second-hand information.
i can understand that billy wouldn't admit to this if he was behind this himself. the messages are too immature. and i just find it hard to believe he would be behind such a thing.

this is why Kerry was fired
or maybe kerry did this because he knew he was getting fired?

Cool As Ice Cream
02-10-2012, 03:21 PM
if billy's not behind this, he probably feels personally attacked by this. and if he knows who's behind this and it's someone close to him, then he's probably right about that too.

Ball Sack Face
02-10-2012, 03:36 PM
This situation is the most interesting Pumpkins discussion since Jimmy left the band. Good find.

amoergosum
02-10-2012, 04:00 PM
it's simple alphabet code. 1=a, 2=b, ...
this results in: "fuck you", "suck my dick", "lick my pussy", and "we love you".

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cFods1KSWsQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

great poster
02-10-2012, 05:36 PM
damn this is actually pretty fascinating.

great poster
02-10-2012, 05:36 PM
well okay not fascinating but interesting.

Rider
02-10-2012, 05:52 PM
hmmm... interesting. i have no idea how the whole pressing plant thing works.

now i really wonder who's behind this.
i've heard that billy was not amused when he heard about this. but that was only second-hand information.
i can understand that billy wouldn't admit to this if he was behind this himself. the messages are too immature. and i just find it hard to believe he would be behind such a thing.

or maybe kerry did this because he knew he was getting fired?

I can guarantee that Kerry was never anywhere near or had any involvement with the pressing plates.

My guess is Billy pissed someone off big time. I have a feeling he drove who ever cut the lacquer nuts. Maybe he kept rejecting test pressings or something like that.

The fact that it is only on SD and not on Gish makes me think it's not Billy. If it was him it would have been some grand plan to do it on all the reissues before he got tired of it.

Rider
02-10-2012, 06:01 PM
Think of it like this. They master Gish, Billy makes them recut the lacquer twice for silly reasons. SD gets mastered Billy makes them recut SD, engineer get pissed hides a few extra numbers in the matrix.

This happened when they were cutting the lacquer it's the only thing that makes sense.

applepwnz
02-10-2012, 06:57 PM
Yeah, this is definitely the most interesting SP news I've seen in a while, good find!

(for the record I think it was probably b0lly himself who put the messages, he'll never admit to it though)

Rider
02-10-2012, 07:00 PM
Yeah, this is definitely the most interesting SP news I've seen in a while, good find!

(for the record I think it was probably b0lly himself who put the messages, he'll never admit to it though)

Billy hiding a message that says "Lick My Pussy"? No way is that him. He pissed off someone.

Catherine Wheel
02-10-2012, 07:39 PM
The drama and soap opera that surrounds the band is actually more interesting than the band itself. Since Siamese Dream the band has been a soap opera but at least back then you could overlook it because the music was so good.

redbreegull
02-10-2012, 07:58 PM
Billy hiding a message that says "Lick My Pussy"? No way is that him.

you're right, he's not known to commonly throw obscenities around in a provocative fashion

T&T
02-10-2012, 09:41 PM
Think of it like this. They master Gish, Billy makes them recut the lacquer twice for silly reasons. SD gets mastered Billy makes them recut SD, engineer get pissed hides a few extra numbers in the matrix.

This happened when they were cutting the lacquer it's the only thing that makes sense.
TWICE? no.
twice is not a big deal.
a dude like Billy Corgan probably had them cut it over a dozen times.
Billy Corgan probably personally bitched out the a guy with 40 years of experience and told him how to do his job.

Netphorian Gadabout
02-10-2012, 09:46 PM
Anybody got a pic of the matrix codes?

great poster
02-10-2012, 10:07 PM
damn he hasn't even tweeted about it you know it must be serious

Rider
02-10-2012, 10:22 PM
TWICE? no.
twice is not a big deal.
Billy Corgan probably personally bitched out the a guy with 40 years of experience and told him how to do his job.

Exactly, or maybe it was someone who had a grudge from somewhere In the past. There is very little doubt in my mind that this was done by someone fucking with Billy.

This is not Billy's style at all. We've all seen his weird writing, heard his rants, and seen the mysterious babble he loves to spew. Even when he is pissed he never get's crude like this.

This is the type of thing someone dose to vent and figures they will never get caught.

Zerospaced
02-10-2012, 10:33 PM
I'm still baffled by the fact that no one is mentioning it on any of the blogs. Someone should send it to a professional music blog maybe then it will get some attention. Pitchfork?

T&T
02-10-2012, 10:59 PM
do your part and post it to other music message boards.... :shurg:
I wanna see this on pitchfork on monday. it's gold.

billy is being tight lipped because he's lawyering up???!!!

slunken
02-10-2012, 11:51 PM
The fact that it is only on SD and not on Gish makes me think it's not Billy. If it was him it would have been some grand plan to do it on all the reissues before he got tired of it.

yea i'll admit the first thing i did was check my copy of reissue gish.

i like the theory about pissing off the cutter but why the we love you? it all seems too planned and not an angry act of revenge. bands often go through tons of test pressings before the final product is okayed so on a professional level i find it hard to believe.

if anything it was a half-baked scheme billy joked about and someone took it too seriously and actually did something similar to what he was suggesting. it happened and he's mad.

slunken
02-10-2012, 11:57 PM
We've all seen his weird writing, heard his rants, and seen the mysterious babble he loves to spew. Even when he is pissed he never get's crude like this.

see i think it has something to do with billy for these same reasons. i could be wrong though. interesting stuff no doubt.

stumpycat
02-11-2012, 03:13 AM
Seriously, aren't "suck my dick", "fuck you", etc. some of Billy's favorite phrases? At least they used to be back in the day.

The lyrics to Slunk: You suck dick like a chump, blah blah blah, we love you, weeeerrrrewerrrwahawahawow, etc.

Only "lick my pussy" is a new one for him.

New Art Rioter
02-11-2012, 06:33 AM
TWICE? no.
twice is not a big deal.

Bingo. You can imagine what Corgan's reaction to someone fucking with his masterpiece will be. He'll want the person responsible's bollocks served on a plate for this

ghost-mutt
02-11-2012, 06:44 AM
do your part and post it to other music message boards.... :shurg:
I wanna see this on pitchfork on monday. it's gold.

billy is being tight lipped because he's lawyering up???!!!

maybe he doesn't know :mrpimp:

SlingeroGuitaro
02-11-2012, 01:38 PM
So this is a big deal, why?

slunken
02-11-2012, 03:21 PM
have you ever found something you didn't necessarily lose?

slunken
02-11-2012, 03:22 PM
because it's like that

Lt_Beans_McGood
02-12-2012, 01:20 AM
TAHTS OUTRAGEOUS!

Venom
02-13-2012, 12:27 AM
It's not on Gish? Sounds like somebody at the label in charge of deciding the matrix codes decided to be creative.

Cool As Ice Cream
02-13-2012, 04:33 AM
Anybody got a pic of the matrix codes?

read the fucking thread: http://forums.netphoria.org/showpost.php?p=3826804&postcount=23

Cool As Ice Cream
02-13-2012, 05:14 AM
i've worked with pressing plants before and it's not about approving the matrix codes. there's only a certain amount of information that must be etched onto the outgroove. the rest of that information is provided by the band or someone working for the band on a form that is filled out with individual boxes etc you know the type.

so it's not about approving the numbers so much as it is who decided that they be put there. it is least likely someone at the plant took it upon themselves to do this that would be too risky.

the guys pressing really don't care what they're pressing on the grooves they just do what they're told. coded language or not.

apparently the news that billy was upset when he found out about these messages has now been reduced to an unconfirmed rumour. it's not even sure if he knows about these yet.

also, someone on spfreaks.com has been able to get in touch with the person who cut the master, and this person confirms he was asked to add these extra codes. he had no idea what they stood for.

so you might be right that o'corrigan is behind these. who knows.
"we love you" screams corgan. i'm not so sure about the other ones though.

Cool As Ice Cream
02-13-2012, 10:39 AM
http://i40.tinypic.com/da7aw.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/2nrpieh.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/bgo97c.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/2r2q6q9.jpg

Cool As Ice Cream
02-13-2012, 10:41 AM
note that there is a mistake on the last side. it says "2.3.5" (bce love you) instead of "23.5" (we love you).

Slurpee
02-13-2012, 10:43 AM
note that there is a mistake on the last side. it says "2.3.5" (bce love you) instead of "23.5" (we love you).

Mistake? Or a clever way Billy thought of to insert his initials into the code (since 2.3 is BC and 23 is W)?

Cool As Ice Cream
02-13-2012, 11:59 AM
what do you think?

myosis
02-13-2012, 12:29 PM
i thought someone could just twitter him the link to this thread... or he probably ignores anything netphoria?

reprise85
02-13-2012, 01:15 PM
it would give his computer AIDS and he'd hate netphoria even more

slunken
02-13-2012, 04:24 PM
also, someone on spfreaks.com has been able to get in touch with the person who cut the master, and this person confirms he was asked to add these extra codes. he had no idea what they stood for.

nice.

jammin
02-22-2012, 07:16 PM
has corgan addressed this yet?

Cool As Ice Cream
02-23-2012, 03:05 AM
not that i know of.

several people try to get in touch with him about it (via other people), and they all got the message that b-corg won't comment on this.

emilem
04-06-2012, 09:37 AM
it's billys message to fans stuck in the early 90s. you guys just paid corgan to insult you.

edit: not sure how i ended up in a 2 months old thread. weird.

jammin
04-06-2012, 10:44 AM
it is a pretty great thread

reprise85
04-06-2012, 10:53 AM
this is the best thing billy's done since zwan

Cool As Ice Cream
10-06-2014, 10:05 AM
i was wondering, has this ever been mentioned again? has anyone ever had the gut to mention this to bc? i had the impression nobody with "access" to belly dared to even ask, because they were afraid it would upset him, and they were afraid to lose access.

Araneae
10-06-2014, 10:35 AM
Someone could try asking him about it for his memorabilia Mondays thing he has going. Though, it seems weirdly personal so he might not answer it.

Shallowed
10-06-2014, 10:47 AM
apparently billy has now heard about these and is upset.

pumpkins camp is VERY UPSET

Shallowed
10-06-2014, 10:59 AM
I like that this is a mystery. If Billy had commented on it then we wouldn' still be wondering if Billy had requested those codes to be put there, or if he pissed someone off, if he doesn't know that it's been noticed, or if he does know and doesn't want to shed light on this.

Cool As Ice Cream
10-06-2014, 11:47 AM
I like that this is a mystery. If Billy had commented on it then we wouldn' still be wondering if Billy had requested those codes to be put there, or if he pissed someone off, if he doesn't know that it's been noticed, or if he does know and doesn't want to shed light on this.

i don't even know if anyone ever asked him.
as far as i know, everyone was too scared to mention it.

Tootles
10-06-2014, 11:55 AM
No one cares Vag.

houseofglass11
10-06-2014, 01:37 PM
My copy of the Adore vinyl reissue has this matrix:
3.15.15.12 1.19. 22.1.7 3.18.5.1.13

can anyone decipher that?

pavementtune
10-06-2014, 02:14 PM
And this one please - Machina matrix.

4.1.5.18.8.20. 15.20.5.20.14.15.13

killtrocity
10-06-2014, 02:18 PM
SUCKMYDUCKBITCH

Ram27
10-07-2014, 11:08 AM
It's one of Billy's alter egos

This explanation makes the most sense tho

"fuck you" = Jamez
"suck my dick" = D'arcy
"lick my pussy" = Bolly
"we love you" = Jimmy C.

MACHINA MYSTERY SOLVED

Elphenor
10-07-2014, 11:45 AM
can ya quack?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MHGLGhOYgGU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is amazing

bye june
10-07-2014, 12:02 PM
I just found out about these codes...pretty fuckin funny.

Cool As Ice Cream
08-06-2015, 07:11 AM
bumping thread with the conclusion: the matrix codes were intentional... it was Billy's idea... he thought it'd be fun to see if anyone would ever figure it out.... he said he was surprised when he realized people found about it within the first few months....
another album mystery solved.

Shallowed
08-06-2015, 07:37 AM
matrix, you're straaaaaaaaaange

dreams of glass
08-06-2015, 07:37 AM

acid_barrett
08-06-2015, 08:41 AM
fuck yeah, i solved that mystery... cost $300 + tickets but it kind of got balanced out when IRISH JUSTIN accidentally gave me four ADDITIONAL tickets for front row mother-fucking centre.... kind of an expensive mystery to solve lolol

acid_barrett
08-06-2015, 08:42 AM
can someone link me some super awesome unreleased gem? like in the arms of sheep or something equal to ALBERT0 quality stuff?

FoolofaTook
08-06-2015, 08:48 AM
Mistake? Or a clever way Billy thought of to insert his initials into the code (since 2.3 is BC and 23 is W)?

:warp:

Cool As Ice Cream
08-06-2015, 08:49 AM
maybe someone should ask him.

acid_barrett
08-06-2015, 10:50 AM
$400

Cool As Ice Cream
08-06-2015, 10:52 AM
lol

themadcaplaughs
08-06-2015, 05:36 PM
Dicks

http://audioinkradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/billy-corgan-3.jpg

Pussies

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/e5/43/e3/e543e33fdbea1b25d2cb6f0eccd5b924.jpg

Billy pls....

http://i.imgur.com/jc3oBq7.png