View Full Version : no lala thread: lets be honest, mike byrne sucks

MusicMan4
12-25-2011, 06:09 AM
every recording, every studio vid
he blows
he thinks hes the karate kid
he's the pudgy kid

if he was a bands boxing match he might be able to knock someone out as a like butterbean when his tit flies into the opponents face and he drops to the ground
nothing worse than getting knocked out by a mail dude

MusicMan4
12-25-2011, 06:12 AM
like do you think he could play the bongos even

MusicMan4
12-25-2011, 06:13 AM
he could get a good heavy drum sound by banging his big ass on the drums
forget the stucks
i'm talking revolution

MusicMan4
12-25-2011, 06:16 AM
why wear a bandana after tghe 60s unless youre hanging a blue flag out the crip side like snoop

MusicMan4
12-25-2011, 06:18 AM
he plays the piano in for martha but he can only place the start
then i think he just fucks up cause james and billy can cover it

then he goes back to the drums and plays some boring attempt to sound jazzy and its like they had a trained jazz drummer in heroin boy and couldnt even bring him in for some freakinf song

lala
12-25-2011, 12:01 PM
how many mikey threads do you need? he is a solid drummer, not nearly as good as Jimmy but still solid.

p.s.

lady gaga is a generic pop turd/attention whore

dean_r_koontz
12-25-2011, 12:37 PM
but billy is a generic alt rock turd attention whore.

lala
12-25-2011, 12:50 PM
but billy is a generic alt rock turd attention whore.

yeah ok dude if you say so. last time i checked billy wasn't making creed/STP type of music

dean_r_koontz
12-25-2011, 12:57 PM
waaat? he made zeitgeist didn't he?

lala
12-25-2011, 01:05 PM
waaat? he made zeitgeist didn't he?

stellar, ma belle, united states, bring the light, tarantula, zeitgeist, death from above, etc. are not generic songs by any means

dean_r_koontz
12-25-2011, 01:12 PM
sounds like crap. try listening to burial - in mcdonalds.

redbull
12-25-2011, 01:48 PM
bill put himself into the alt rock / shitty post grunge category when he released doomsday clock as a radio single and marketed agressively to "active rock" radio, and started playing radio-sponsored shows with evanescence

lala
12-25-2011, 02:09 PM
bill put himself into the alt rock / shitty post grunge category when he released doomsday clock as a radio single and marketed agressively to "active rock" radio, and started playing radio-sponsored shows with evanescence

how can he be post grunge if he was active way before grunge and during the grunge era he wasn't grunge?

smashingjj
12-25-2011, 04:07 PM
stellar, ma belle, united states, bring the light, tarantula, zeitgeist, death from above, etc. are not generic songs by any means

LOL

lala
12-25-2011, 04:12 PM
LOL

lol at lol

TuralyonW3
12-25-2011, 04:19 PM
He totally misses the drumhead when he swings his drumstick! He only hits the air!!

redbull
12-25-2011, 04:21 PM
how can he be post grunge if he was active way before grunge and during the grunge era he wasn't grunge?

because he's making shitty derivative music like astral planes and doomsday clock...after the grunge era

btw, didn't you leave?

lala
12-25-2011, 04:22 PM
btw, didn't you leave?

never

houseofglass11
12-25-2011, 04:43 PM
Comparing STP to Creed? What a douche. STP were on the best grunge era bands, and "Purple" is one of the best albums of the 90's...as good as any Pumpkins album.

redbull
12-25-2011, 04:45 PM
STP are one of the worst bands ever

houseofglass11
12-25-2011, 05:01 PM
Yeah every band that isn't SP is the worst band ever, right? I know it's hard for you guys to dislodge Siamese Dream from your CD player after 20 years.

lala
12-25-2011, 05:07 PM
Comparing STP to Creed? What a douche. STP were on the best grunge era bands, and "Purple" is one of the best albums of the 90's...as good as any Pumpkins album.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha STP good? fuck you. they are CHEAP Pearl Jam copycats. FUCK YOU

reprise85
12-25-2011, 05:07 PM
not really, stp just sucks

i mean they are good for a few tunes and they have a certain feel

but you know, interstate love song is the only song i really ever need to hear from them again

lala
12-25-2011, 05:12 PM
Yeah every band that isn't SP is the worst band ever, right? I know it's hard for you guys to dislodge Siamese Dream from your CD player after 20 years.

i have something for you in my pants and it is not candy STP boy

houseofglass11
12-25-2011, 05:20 PM
Sounds great lala, just let me know when you're done using it on your mom.

lala
12-25-2011, 05:24 PM
Sounds great lala, just let me know when you're done using it on my dad.

yeah.

Shallowed
12-25-2011, 06:11 PM
Ooooooooh, you better run yourself under cold water house of glass, you just got BURNED!!!

houseofglass11
12-25-2011, 07:59 PM
Oh yeah he really got me with a quote edit of something I never said.

It's a shame that serial killer hasn't finished the job yet Muppet Pasta.

reprise85
12-25-2011, 08:41 PM
huh

MyOneAndOnly
12-25-2011, 09:20 PM

LOL at "STP were on the best grunge era bands" :rofl:

poseurs. stole ever riff they ever recorded. nobody had any respect for those turds.

houseofglass11
12-25-2011, 09:47 PM
I never got the whole STP ripped off Pearl Jam thing. Maybe a bit on the first album. But Core was heavier sounding than Pearl Jam and if anything there was more of an Alice In Chains influence.

On 'Purple' they really came into their own sound. I can listen to album much more than I can any Pearl Jam album. STP used some complex jazz type chords and progressions that a lot of other bands didn't. Some really great and inventive guitar playing on that album. STP sounds much more like Led Zeppelin than they do Pearl Jam. Listen to that acoustic breakdown on "Lounge Fly". That's total Zeppelin 3. Too bad you listen with your biases and not your ears.

You could say the same thing about SP ripping off of other bands if you want to be an asshole. Utilizing your kind of backwards logic they ripped of Jane's Addiction, the Cult, and Guns N' Roses on Gish. They ripped off My Bloody Valentine, Queen, and Black Sabbath on Siamese Dream. They ripped off the Beatles and Judas Priest on MCIS. They ripped off the Cure, Depeche Mode, and New Order on Adore. And so on...

This is same type of snooty closed minded attitude that your beloved BC railed against in Cherub Rock...which by the way, since we're talking about rip offs, has its opening riff blatantly ripped off of the middle breakdown on Rush's Bytor and the Snowdog

http://www.avclub.com/articles/stone-temple-pilots-theyre-actually-good-really,9494/

MyOneAndOnly
12-25-2011, 10:03 PM
the problem with STP back in the day was people who gave a shit about so many great bands saw them as poseurs. I'm not just talking about how too many of their songs sounded too familiar. I'm talking about the fact that they were just not cool. It wasn't cool to listen to them. STP was the band that was liked by people who didn't know shit about good music. they were the "top 40" lover's grunge band.

redbull
12-26-2011, 12:40 AM

if you'd paid any attention to anything I've posted on this forum, you would know that I mostly listen to music other than SP

redbull
12-26-2011, 12:41 AM
also: all music being derivative doesn't make STP any less shitty

Netphorian Gadabout
12-26-2011, 12:46 AM
I never got the whole STP ripped off Pearl Jam thing. Maybe a bit on the first album. But Core was heavier sounding than Pearl Jam and if anything there was more of an Alice In Chains influence.

This. I'm not an STP-fan, but I never got the Pearl Jam comparison. Especially not after the first album.

houseofglass11
12-26-2011, 01:21 AM
also: all music being derivative doesn't make STP any less shitty

In your humble opinion right? Or are you one of those people who considers their opinions fact? And I don't follow your posts as I could care less who you are.

exactlythesame
12-26-2011, 02:25 AM
the problem with STP back in the day was people who gave a shit about so many great bands saw them as poseurs. I'm not just talking about how too many of their songs sounded too familiar. I'm talking about the fact that they were just not cool. It wasn't cool to listen to them. STP was the band that was liked by people who didn't know shit about good music. they were the "top 40" lover's grunge band.

but that simply wasn't true, it was just a bunch of scenefags trying to sound smart about grunge.

STP had the most musically mature sound of all the grunge bands. if you'd listen to "tiny music . . ." then you'd understand what i'm talking about

houseofglass11
12-26-2011, 02:30 AM
but that simply wasn't true, it was just a bunch of scenefags trying to sound smart about grunge.

STP had the most musically mature sound of all the grunge bands. if you'd listen to "tiny music . . ." then you'd understand what i'm talking about

This x 1000

And how ironic that 20 years later it's still a bunch of scenefags spouting off here about the same old unfounded BS

lala
12-26-2011, 02:55 AM

On 'Purple' they really came into their own sound. I can listen to album much more than I can any Pearl Jam album. STP used some complex jazz type chords and progressions that a lot of other bands didn't. Some really great and inventive guitar playing on that album. STP sounds much more like Led Zeppelin than they do Pearl Jam. Listen to that acoustic breakdown on "Lounge Fly". That's total Zeppelin 3. Too bad you listen with your biases and not your ears.

You could say the same thing about SP ripping off of other bands if you want to be an asshole. Utilizing your kind of backwards logic they ripped of Jane's Addiction, the Cult, and Guns N' Roses on Gish. They ripped off My Bloody Valentine, Queen, and Black Sabbath on Siamese Dream. They ripped off the Beatles and Judas Priest on MCIS. They ripped off the Cure, Depeche Mode, and New Order on Adore. And so on...

This is same type of snooty closed minded attitude that your beloved BC railed against in Cherub Rock...which by the way, since we're talking about rip offs, has its opening riff blatantly ripped off of the middle breakdown on Rush's Bytor and the Snowdog

http://www.avclub.com/articles/stone-temple-pilots-theyre-actually-good-really,9494/

STP = Creed = Limp Bizkit

Eat shit STP boy.

One of the worst and most insulting things about "grunge" was the cock rock STP and yes they copied AIC also.

THIS
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rQdHvvGphlQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He even tried to copy Layne's voice.

FUCK STP AND FUCK YOU

houseofglass11
12-26-2011, 03:05 AM
^

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bipolar_disorder

lala
12-26-2011, 03:15 AM
^

^

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delusional_disorder

dean_r_koontz
12-26-2011, 03:25 AM
i guess if you compare after 95 smashing pumpkins to all these abominations of bands smashing pumpkins are bound to look good. expand your musical horizons a lil bit lala. listen to burial - in mcdonalds.

lala
12-26-2011, 03:46 AM
i guess if you compare after 95 smashing pumpkins to all these abominations of bands smashing pumpkins are bound to look good. expand your musical horizons a lil bit lala. listen to burial - in mcdonalds.

yor are talking about this?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DOw62EREnCg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:erm:

sounds like a interlude and not a real song

dean_r_koontz
12-26-2011, 04:02 AM
can't you just imagine the chicken mcnuggin's going into your mouth when you listen to that? and it is telling when a minor interlude song is better than Corgans entire post 95 output.

Shallowed
12-26-2011, 04:08 AM
Recent studies show that 94% of teenagers have moved onto rap. Like this if you're part of the 6% that stayed true to rock!

lala
12-26-2011, 04:10 AM
can't you just imagine the chicken mcnuggin's going into your mouth when you listen to that? and it is telling when a minor interlude song is better than Corgans entire post 95 output.

what? :rofl:

is this your band? you have much to learn boy

For Martha is the best Corgan song EVER

lala
12-26-2011, 04:12 AM
Recent studies show that 94% of teenagers have moved onto rap. Like this if you're part of the 6% that stayed true to rock!

Teens can go fuck themselfs with their fake gansta rap records, there Gaga generic pop songs and their teen idol Bieber. fuck them

dean_r_koontz
12-26-2011, 04:20 AM
what? :rofl:

is this your band? you have much to learn boy

For Martha is the best Corgan song EVER

so it's my song, so what? it's better than corgans shitty shit songs.

lala
12-26-2011, 04:26 AM
so it's my song, so what? it's better than corgans shitty shit songs.

your song is OK. but you are not even close to the worse Corgan song (which is Because You Are).

here is a lesson how to write a great song

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yg9b7IvRYJE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

fuzzyroes
12-26-2011, 04:59 AM
STP = Creed = Limp Bizkit

Eat shit STP boy.

One of the worst and most insulting things about "grunge" was the cock rock STP and yes they copied AIC also.

THIS
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rQdHvvGphlQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He even tried to copy Layne's voice.

FUCK STP AND FUCK YOU

STP definitely has their strong tracks. Yes Weiland sorta copied Veders vocal techniques on songs like plush and stuff which is why they got labeled as Pearl Jam rip offs... Even so theres a few great songs on Core and Purples an all around solid album...

Weiland may have took from Vedar to a certain extent but I'd still way rather listen to Core/Purple than Ten/Vs. .. With that said I hate all the STP after Purple while Pearl Jam evolved with some cool shit after.

fuzzyroes
12-26-2011, 05:02 AM
All that matters to me is if a songs great. It really doesn't bother me who may have inspired the song or what not.

MyOneAndOnly
12-26-2011, 08:31 AM

yeah, I know. you're probably right. I've listened to all their albums.

I gotta let that old shit go. It was 20 years ago. time to stop complaining about Scott Weiland (who's interview with howard stern this year was pretty good btw.) A lot more honest than any BC interview from the past year.

MyOneAndOnly
12-26-2011, 08:32 AM
^

shit! I was hoping this was a link to a detailed explanation and history of "scenefags"

ghost-mutt
12-26-2011, 08:55 AM
lala has infiltrated the no lala thread

how does he/she do it?

reprise85
12-26-2011, 11:15 AM

the last modern rock station in south florida changed formats about a month ago

NOW 103.1 "All the hits without the rap"

exactlythesame
12-26-2011, 02:07 PM

I gotta let that old shit go. It was 20 years ago. time to stop complaining about Scott Weiland (who's interview with howard stern this year was pretty good btw.) A lot more honest than any BC interview from the past year.

that was quite a refreshing response. 8/10. would read again

Shallowed
12-26-2011, 04:55 PM
the last modern rock station in south florida changed formats about a month ago

NOW 103.1 "All the hits without the rap"

Rap is just short for crap AMIRITE??

stumpycat
12-26-2011, 11:56 PM
I never particularly liked STP (they bored me somewhat) but I've never had anything against them, either. They don't really sound like either AiC or Pearl Jam, either--they were just one of many variations of that "grunge" sound.

slunken
12-27-2011, 12:04 AM

link?

MyOneAndOnly
12-27-2011, 10:14 AM
total interview is about an hour long

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bwKGExRDn-w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

hafsteinn
12-27-2011, 10:20 AM
The actual content of the interviw is about 10 minutes when you cut out all the "uhmmms.." by Weiland.

MyOneAndOnly
12-27-2011, 10:23 AM
The actual content of the interviw is about 10 minutes when you cut out all the "uhmmms.." by Weiland.

:rofl:

he is hard to listen to at times. howard does a good job keeping him talking, though.

$60k a month in alimony! that's fucked up. His ex has more money than he does.

lala
12-27-2011, 10:50 AM

he is hard to listen to at times. howard does a good job keeping him talking, though.

Scott Weiland and Wife Trash Hotel Room in Bloody Fight

Velvet Revolver frontman Scott Weiland and his wife trashed a Burbank hotel room during a rockstar-caliber rampage last weekend, and now the hotel is pressing charges against the Weilands for the damage they caused.

Sources tell TMZ that Weiland and his wife Mary ripped alarm clocks and phones from their sockets and threw them, made “dents and gauges” in the walls, and that there was even blood found on some of the linens afterward. (A picture taken at the scene shows a note attached to a trash bag that says, in Spanish, “with blood.”)

The trouble started when Mary arrived at the hotel Saturday, whereupon the couple got into “a huge argument” witnessed by their two young children, who had to be taken away by Weiland’s assistant. Weiland himself then left, leaving behind Mary, who could be heard throwing things in the room. The police were called, and the hotel is pressing charges for the damage caused. There’s no word whether either Weiland or his wife were injured in the spat.

Weiland pleaded guilty to domestic violence charges against Mary in December 2001 and was sentenced to probation and forced to pay a fine.

http://allwomenstalk.com/scott-weila...-bloody-fight/

fuzzyroes
12-28-2011, 12:13 AM

fucking brutal! Poor Weiland ... Ah well the guys still doing a lot better than all of us at least.

croPUMPKINS
12-28-2011, 08:31 PM

Slash, still in VR days, mentioned how Scott had this thing about 'leaning' on someone else' stuff, not only cause they had to deal with suits during Contraband...

On their last album I was really surprised how each time a track begins I went 'hold on, that is...'.

Sad for a band I respect more than Pearl Jam. Interstate, Creep, Trippin', Dead and bloated, Lady picture show..., they had a lot of good songs.

Damn... If that's true, he'd better come up with something better than the last record! ...or make up with her.

fuzzyroes
12-30-2011, 01:25 AM
Yeah the last album kinda sucked