View Full Version : Jeff interview

great poster
11-09-2011, 05:16 AM
http://iamkoream.com/november-issue-smashing-pumpkins-guitarist-jeff-schroeder-rocks-the-books/

Decent interview with Jeff, kind of inappropriate how they feel the need to bash James, though.

Extremis
11-09-2011, 09:23 AM
seems like oceania might have a chance...

subzero
11-09-2011, 10:05 AM
the article reads like its written by a middle school student:

For now, though, professorships will have to be on hold. The Pumpkins are back in full force, and they’re out to conquer a new decade.

starlightvideoproductions
11-09-2011, 10:09 AM
So Oceania is still part of Teargarden? I thought TBK was abandoned...

MyOneAndOnly
11-09-2011, 10:40 AM
So Oceania is still part of Teargarden? I thought TBK was abandoned...

go read monte's blog

Catherine Wheel
11-09-2011, 05:03 PM
Even Billy is saying that Jeff is a much better guitar player than James. It's not just fans of the band.

fuzzyroes
11-09-2011, 06:38 PM
I really personally haven't heard anything that leads me to believe that Jeff is a much better player than James. Not sure why everyones always proclaiming this.

Ihaguitar
11-09-2011, 07:22 PM
I didnt know he is half Korean.

Bit of an ass licking article though.

Ihaguitar
11-09-2011, 07:23 PM
I really personally haven't heard anything that leads me to believe that Jeff is a much better player than James. Not sure why everyones always proclaiming this.

Same here. James certainly had his own style. I'm not sure what Jeff's tallents are. Probably because I never get the inclination to listen to an SP2/3 song more than once.

fuzzyroes
11-09-2011, 07:54 PM
True. But James had a great atmospheric quality in his playing and managed to play all the lead parts well. He had a good guitar sound. Jeff always has this delay sorta U2 sounding effect on a lot of his parts. I mean hes undoubtedly a good player but so was James.

I just havent heard any evidence which suggests that there miles apart skill wise. If anything I prefer James' sound more.

lala
11-10-2011, 03:31 AM
True. But James had a great atmospheric quality in his playing and managed to play all the lead parts well. He had a good guitar sound. Jeff always has this delay sorta U2 sounding effect on a lot of his parts. I mean hes undoubtedly a good player but so was James.

I just havent heard any evidence which suggests that there miles apart skill wise. If anything I prefer James' sound more.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CNUNZP7O-lg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

yeah :banging:

fuzzyroes
11-10-2011, 04:14 AM
Well when it comes to all the SP footage and recordings I've seen and heard I dont hear anything about Jeff that jumps out as being any better than James.

Bremang
11-10-2011, 04:14 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CNUNZP7O-lg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

yeah :banging:

sorry but Iha crushes Jeff, I don't care if Jeff's technically more proficient, he's a nerd and doesn't sound cool like James.

And Jimmy is an ass for talking down to Iha and D'arcy here and on the Chris Issac show.

The interviewer in the article is dumb as shit.

fuzzyroes
11-10-2011, 04:16 AM
Even Billy is saying that Jeff is a much better guitar player than James. It's not just fans of the band.

Billys always slagging James in the media. Do you honestly believe he would say anything positive about him?

houseofglass11
11-10-2011, 05:23 AM
That article was godawful, and the Korean hatred towards the vastly superior Japanese was palpable in the intro to the article.

Iha > Jeff

Schroeder is a dork and belongs in a classroom, not on stage. Iha had style for miles and miles.

amoergosum
11-10-2011, 05:48 AM
And Jimmy is an ass for talking down to Iha and D'arcy here

...you have to keep in mind that he was talking about their first rehearsal/s.

lala
11-10-2011, 06:24 AM
Iha is better only in making a crappy solo album.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0owmk9m9aS8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

houseofglass11
11-10-2011, 04:22 PM
Nothing wrong with James' solo album. Country Girl is a great song so that doesn't really help your case there.

People that don't like it are ones that can't appreciate the AM radio 70's country/pop vibe he was going for. They're usually dumb overweight teenagers that like a litany of terrible bands and who just got into Smashing Pumpkins because they heard BWBW on the radio and like teh brootalz hevyness metals of it.

fuzzyroes
11-10-2011, 09:07 PM
No doubt. I really enjoyed James' album. I love the track no ones gonna hurt you. I dont know why people try to take away from the greatness of the old band just cause theres a bunch of new people.

And yeah Country Girls a fantastic song. You are a moron!

Bremang
11-11-2011, 02:56 AM
...you have to keep in mind that he was talking about their first rehearsal/s.

keep in mind he already said the same thing on the Chris Issak show in the context that Jimmy thought they couldn't play instruments in general. He's an ass for perpetuating this idea about them in the media.