View Full Version : This is bullshit.

Elvis The Fat Years
11-01-2011, 09:00 PM
I should be watching D. Rose dunking over Dirk and his championship ring right now while Boozer screams his head off after getting an uncontested rebound.

Eulogy
11-01-2011, 09:02 PM
Do you see any people fleeing into the arms of the NHL over this?

Three years ago I wouldn't have cared but with a good Bulls squad I'd like to see it start sooner rather than later. : /

Elvis The Fat Years
11-01-2011, 09:08 PM
After the Hawks won the cup a few of my friends watch hockey now and I'll watch it if nothing else is on. I was kind of looking forward to avoiding family on xmas day and watching bears v. packers and bulls v. lakers on xmas day.

teh b0lly!!1
11-02-2011, 04:27 AM
i really hope the players don't win this. what a bunch of greedy fucks.

Dead Frequency
11-02-2011, 04:29 AM
Fuck basketball. Fuck the Sonics.

These two statements are interconnected.

teh b0lly!!1
11-02-2011, 04:34 AM
dude it must be so sad being a sonics fan.
when you brought up the name i realized i barely even hear about them anymore cause they barely matter enough for their recaps to be in the newspapers, and their last significant player was like, gary payton.

Dead Frequency
11-02-2011, 04:42 AM
You heard about them bailing out of Seattle, right? But I've never been a big Sonics fan, really. They were fun to watch but they stopped winning, like, ever because of bogus basketball political thumb-assery. My team was the Charlotte Hornets. Then they dispersed and I moved onto the Spurs. Great team. Primarily a team of technical ability and less showmanship, but a great ball team no less.

teh b0lly!!1
11-02-2011, 04:50 AM
yeah, they're the most european-esque team on the nba. they play decent ball.
i dunno, everybody used to suck tim duncan's dick for like a decade, i never cared for him. i mean, his numbers were great, which in the end of the day is all the matter, right? but he's so cumbersome in his movement, got no style whatsoever. pure efficiency and that's it.
tony parker on the other hand is a brilliant player. quick as lightning, penetrates and scores over the best of them despite his height, great jump shot.
i used to be a philly fan back in the iverson days but these days no particular team draws my interest tbh

Eulogy
11-02-2011, 07:35 AM
i really hope the players don't win this. what a bunch of greedy fucks.

so you'd rather have the owners win? who are.... greedier fucks?

teh b0lly!!1
11-02-2011, 08:04 AM
i waited for that. http://forums.netphoria.org/wwwboard/icons/icon10.gif

yeah, it's like that southpark episode, its a giant douche vs. a turd sandwich.
both sides are gruesomely greedy and disgusting, but the continuous rise in players' paychecks is really getting ridiculous. i have also read that some franchises actually get through the season with barely any income, not to say losses. and they still make 43% while players continue the festival. add to that the fact that even lowest rate nba players, make much more than any other basketball league or players in the world. it's just out of hand.
and with all that money comes great power, too. last season i remember this one play, lebron scored a big basket or something and then spolstra called a timeout, and lebron walked arrogantly towards the bench and literally rammed his own coach, shoulder to shoulder. total display of power. back in the 90's, not to say 80's, shit like that would kill a player's career. today it's all "THE DECISION" this, "get this coach fucking fired or i'll play for another team" that, etc.
something needs to go down to even things out a little, it's gotten totally out of hand.

Eulogy
11-02-2011, 08:40 AM
whoa whoa wait

i waited for that. http://forums.netphoria.org/wwwboard/icons/icon10.gif

yeah, it's like that southpark episode, its a giant douche vs. a turd sandwich.
both sides are gruesomely greedy and disgusting, but the continuous rise in players' paychecks is really getting ridiculous.

uhh check out the net worth of the owners?

i have also read that some franchises actually get through the season with barely any income, not to say losses. and they still make 43% while players continue the festival.

what? is it really terrible that the people responsible for bringing in the money keep 57% of it? there are a lot more players than owners. and yes, i realize more people are needed to run a team than an owner and the players but i think my point can stand.

add to that the fact that even lowest rate nba players, make much more than any other basketball league or players in the world. it's just out of hand.

why would any player in a different basketball league have any reason to come close? in what other basketball league is there revenue within a million miles of the NBA's?

and with all that money comes great power, too. last season i remember this one play, lebron scored a big basket or something and then spolstra called a timeout, and lebron walked arrogantly towards the bench and literally rammed his own coach, shoulder to shoulder. total display of power.

this has a lot more to do with spoelstra being a worthless figurehead and lebron being the "best basketball player on the planet."

back in the 90's, not to say 80's, shit like that would kill a player's career. today it's all "THE DECISION" this, "get this coach fucking fired or i'll play for another team" that, etc.

This would still happen if the players took 50% as a group. or 40% or 30%. NBA coaches are the least important of any in the major sports. Would you rather have Kobe Bryant on your team or have Phil Jackson coaching it? And don't lie.

something needs to go down to even things out a little, it's gotten totally out of hand.

even things out with what?

teh b0lly!!1
11-02-2011, 09:00 AM
what? is it really terrible that the people responsible for bringing in the money keep 57% of it? there are a lot more players than owners. and yes, i realize more people are needed to run a team than an owner and the players but i think my point can stand.

not really. it's not completely off, but still, think about it. there is a shitstorm of money that needs to be spent in order to run an nba team. the court, the maintenance, the flights, the hotels, all that stuff costs enormous amounts of money.

why would any player in a different basketball league have any reason to come close? in what other basketball league is there revenue within a million miles of the NBA's?

it barely has anything to do with that. Virtus Bologna offered Bryant like a zillion dollars just for him to gracefully come play basketball for like a month.
sure, the nba is still one of the most profitable organizations on the planet, but players' salaries, and players' expectations of salaries, really are getting ridiculous. it's at least fair that the people who maintain this entire platform those players are standing on, playing on and gain worldwide recognition from, make the same percentage of the overall amount of money being earned.
in the end of the day, the mere skill and talent involved, makes people forget that these people make ludicrous amounts of money for PLAYING BASKETBALL. im not saying they're not worthy of being wealthy for their unique skills, but i think they flat out make too much money.

this has a lot more to do with spoelstra being a worthless figurehead and lebron being the "best basketball player on the planet."

doesn't matter, my point was that basketball totally changed. the heirarchy changed. players barely respect coaches, and the system for that matter, anymore. the unreasonable amount of money they're being paid only amplifies their own self importance and pushes this situation even further, continuously.

This would still happen if the players took 50% as a group. or 40% or 30%. NBA coaches are the least important of any in the major sports. Would you rather have Kobe Bryant on your team or have Phil Jackson coaching it? And don't lie.

you know, i almost agree with you on this, but then again i don't. of course i'd rather have bryant on my team than jackson, but keep in mind that good coaching is seamless. the coach is at his best when you feel like he's not there. take michael jordan and his 90's chicago. a player might have all the raw talent in the world but a good coach who instills him with discipline, team play, etc is invaluable. phil jackson is still a lucky cunt though :)

Eulogy
11-02-2011, 09:17 AM
they get played a lot of money for PLAYING BASKETBALL because they are irreplaceable. they have a right to make the money that wouldn't exist but for them. owners are replaceable. GMs and coaches are replaceable. the players as a singular unit are not replaceable. that's why all pro athletes make the money they make.

and how does their salaries in relation to other basketball leagues not have anything to do with the revenue in the other basketball leagues (with vastly inferior players)? there is no way to separate the two things.

the average salary is pretty high, but the number of players is substantially lower than in, say, the NFL.

i just don't get how you can lay this at the foot of millionaire players who are responsible for the success of the league while siding with billionaire owners who aren't directly responsible for much revenue if any at all.

killtrocity
11-02-2011, 09:44 AM
i just don't get how you can lay this at the foot of millionaire players who are responsible for the success of the league while siding with billionaire owners who aren't directly responsible for much revenue if any at all.

well said

JokeyLoki
11-02-2011, 09:57 AM
They should keep fighting so none of them get any money. Fuck 'em all.

sppunk
11-02-2011, 11:28 AM
They need to pull an NHL on this, the NBA's not a sustainable business in its current form. You can't have half of your teams losing money hand-over-fist and remain relevant in the long run.

Nimrod's Son
11-02-2011, 11:34 AM
basketball is littered with stupid useless thugs who don't deserve our respect or attention

Tchocky
11-02-2011, 11:47 AM

http://growingup516.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/curry-post.jpg

Tchocky
11-02-2011, 11:50 AM
Admittedly though, giving Curry a ridiculous contract wasn't his fault, so whatevs.

Nimrod's Son
11-02-2011, 12:47 PM
uhh check out the net worth of the owners?

this is fucking retarded. the "net worth" of the owners is irrelevant. what does someone's "net worth" mena when attempting to divide profits?

you realize the "owners share" isn't just for the owners. it goes to <i>all other employees</i>.

Eulogy
11-02-2011, 12:48 PM
this is fucking retarded. the "net worth" of the owners is irrelevant. what does someone's "net worth" mena when attempting to divide profits?

because his point was that the players are greedy and already have lots of money?

you realize the "owners share" isn't just for the owners. it goes to <i>all other employees</i>.

yes. if you could read you would see that i acknowledged that. i mean jesus it's in the part of my post you quoted.

Eulogy
11-02-2011, 12:52 PM
nimrod siding against workers in a labor dispute?

SHOCKING!!

MyOneAndOnly
11-02-2011, 12:53 PM
basketball is littered with stupid useless thugs who don't deserve our respect or attention

you mean "blacks" right?

Nimrod's Son
11-02-2011, 12:56 PM
you mean "blacks" right?

leave it to you to make everything a racial issue. the nfl has quite a few as well, though not nearly as many.

MyOneAndOnly
11-02-2011, 02:52 PM
leave it to you to make everything a racial issue. the nfl has quite a few as well, though not nearly as many.

so they're all thugs that just happen to be black?

I've never heard a bunch of white players referred to as "thugs" so I'm just wondering where you're coming up with your terminology. It seems like at the very least you're relying on mildly bigotted language.... even if you don't realize it.

maybe if you didn't use the language of racism you wouldn't be accused of racism.

Tchocky
11-02-2011, 02:56 PM

http://offsideswithfletcher.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/white-chocolate.jpg

Toast
11-02-2011, 05:05 PM
maybe if you didn't use the language of racism you wouldn't be accused of racism.

Maybe if these negroes wern't busy eating fried chicken and watermelon while smoking crack and fucking fat white women they could work out a deal.

Nimrod's Son
11-02-2011, 05:08 PM

I've never heard a bunch of white players referred to as "thugs" so I'm just wondering where you're coming up with your terminology. It seems like at the very least you're relying on mildly bigotted language.... even if you don't realize it.

what language of racism? ben rothlisberger? thug. pacman jones? thug. but go ahead, make a racial issue here.