View Full Version : Rolling dream log

Pages : [1] 2

Dogfighter28
10-25-2011, 01:12 AM
Goodnight, netphoria! Post your dreams here. I might have created this thread before but I want a clean slate. No sex stuff please.

TuralyonW3
10-25-2011, 01:12 AM
I dreamt I had sex with everyone forever

AndySlash
10-25-2011, 01:15 AM
the shit that just won't flush

TuralyonW3
10-25-2011, 01:18 AM
I seriously always dream of losing control of my vehicle, and I can't turn the wheel or hit the brakes because my limbs are all "dream-mushy" and I'm all like "please let this be a dream please let this be a dream" then I wreck violently and wake up with the amazing sense of relief that only comes upon waking from nightmares

The Jesus
10-25-2011, 01:36 AM
I dreamt that I climbed into Martine McCutcheon's vagina to shelter from a storm. Her vagina was made of Mock Tudor beams and cheap plasterboard.

kelsome
10-25-2011, 01:37 AM
I had a dream i was getting raped and my exboyfriend watched and liked it.

null123
10-25-2011, 01:58 AM
this is my thread

null123
10-25-2011, 01:58 AM
http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=172889

Banana
10-25-2011, 02:03 AM
I had a dream i was getting raped and my exboyfriend watched and liked it.

That's hot.

kelsome
10-25-2011, 02:17 AM
I think it means he loves me and will come back to me one day.

mxzombie
10-25-2011, 02:20 AM
i had a dream about rolling a dream log

yo soy el mejor
10-25-2011, 02:22 AM
i once had a dream about tim putting his arm around me.

bahnzah
10-25-2011, 02:39 AM
shoulda named this thread "Rolling dreams recently had thread"

Starla
10-25-2011, 04:08 AM
I had a nightmare that i saw the bush family at the cards vs rangers game, and the camera kept panning on laura's face.

teh b0lly!!1
10-25-2011, 05:40 AM
last night i dreamed that a couple of people and myself are getting caught dealing drugs. from here to there, i find myself in this weird classroom, except the tables are built into the ground and are made of solid, unpolished rock, with gas and brake pedals at the bottom... some kind of an awful dictator, i think it was Muamar Khadafi, is sweating intensely and is shouting and giving us a speech about how in this newfound Utopia that he's formed, we were given a warning at first offense, but now he'll fuck us up with great punishments. the dream keeps 'introducing' new characters, portrayed by rehashed actors from Lost and all sorts of tv shows... each time i recognize some actor i yell out their names from the back of the 'classroom' and hit the gas pedal all the way to a huge roaring sound, but of course the table doesn't move at all

Shallowed
10-25-2011, 05:57 AM
Dreamed I was in the trenches of WWI getting fucked up, like I would be if I was in that situation.

It made me want to tour them again.

slunken
10-25-2011, 06:19 AM
i've only had one war dream

slunken
10-25-2011, 06:22 AM
i think

Shallowed
10-25-2011, 06:33 AM
Had a dream where I was in the vicinity of a meteor crashing into Earth. Someone pointed off to the horizon, I looked up and there it was, a big-assed mountain of rock just casually falling out of the sky. Caused a nuclear-like explosion.

killtrocity
10-25-2011, 11:23 AM
running through the woods at night, lots of open grassland between the trees... there was a house up on a hill/cliff hidden behind the trees... went up there and it was like a boss fight from an rpg.... extremely haunted, I got killed

Dogfighter28
10-25-2011, 11:24 AM
Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me

reprise85
10-25-2011, 12:01 PM
I seriously always dream of losing control of my vehicle, and I can't turn the wheel or hit the brakes because my limbs are all "dream-mushy" and I'm all like "please let this be a dream please let this be a dream" then I wreck violently and wake up with the amazing sense of relief that only comes upon waking from nightmares

I have this dream too. Pretty much exactly the same except my limbs aren't "dream-mushy" it's just like I'm telling myself to hit the brake and I can't move my feet.

I get it 2-3 times per month.

Personally, symbolically (for me) I think it symbolizes rapid change and a feeling of the change being out of control... rings for me anyway. After all, cars get you from "here" to "there"

I love dream analysis.

reprise85
10-25-2011, 12:05 PM
Last night I was in a mental hospital (recurring theme, almost every night I dream of this) and the doctor told me I had HIV. I then escaped from the hospital and jumped off a bridge (a specific one near where I used to live). I didn't die, but I couldn't move. Woke up shortly after.

teh b0lly!!1
10-25-2011, 01:50 PM
when the doctor told you about the HIV, how come you didn't immediately go lol mental hospital doctors aren't qualified to run HIV tests

Order 66
10-25-2011, 01:55 PM
last week i had a dream i saw a headless christina hendricks walking around (i could tell it was her, wearing some mad men-style getup and dat ass). some guy walked past me and said "see, i was right about her". there was alot of other oddball shit going on but i forgot the specifics

weirdest dream in awhile

reprise85
10-25-2011, 01:58 PM
when the doctor told you about the HIV, how come you didn't immediately go lol mental hospital doctors aren't qualified to run HIV tests

Probably because one time I was in the hospital and requested an HIV test and they did it. This was like 2 years ago or more. I should have mentioned that huh. I had no specific reason really to request it, it just seemed convenient at the time and I'm always a bit paranoid about STDs

Nimrod's Son
10-25-2011, 04:50 PM
Last night I had a dream that I got a new dog from a shelter. Probably because it's been on my mind lately for when I have the time/more space for a second dog.

slunken
10-25-2011, 05:02 PM
I have this dream too. Pretty much exactly the same except my limbs aren't "dream-mushy" it's just like I'm telling myself to hit the brake and I can't move my feet.

I get it 2-3 times per month.

Personally, symbolically (for me) I think it symbolizes rapid change and a feeling of the change being out of control... rings for me anyway. After all, cars get you from "here" to "there"

I love dream analysis.

my driving dreams involve the car propelling rapidly through dangerous driving scenarios (really crowded 6 lane highway or really curvy dowhill switchback mountain paths) and all i can do is steer. no brakes or no stopping. i'm always going faster than i want to be (and seem to go faster and faster) and i can never stop. the further along the dream goes the more freaked out i get about how a crash is inevitable. also in these dreams i'm usually in the drivers seat but the steering wheel is in the middle of the dashboard so its like i'm trying to steer from the wrong seat.

control-freak?

reprise85
10-25-2011, 06:15 PM
i dunno it's hard to say...

is there anything significant in your life right now that seems inevitable? For example a relationship you know will not work out in the end? could be a ton of different things

do you ever crash in the dream? the fact that you brought up control-freak means it likely is about that in some way. i mean it's really all interpretation but it's about dream themes

slunken
10-25-2011, 06:18 PM
no never crashed. i've had this dream twice in the past year.

Gossamer
10-25-2011, 09:30 PM
The key to dream interpretation is being aware of what the current major conflicts/stressors are in your life AND being able to identify dream residue (things that you saw in your waking life earlier in the day that just happen to pop up in your dream) from actual meaningful symbols.

Trotskilicious
10-25-2011, 09:32 PM
once you identify dream residue can you smoke it

teh b0lly!!1
10-26-2011, 04:56 AM
nothing smokes better than broken dreams
except crack, maybe

killtrocity
10-26-2011, 09:47 AM
last night was fucked. had a dream that I accidentally killed my ex-girlfriend

reprise85
10-26-2011, 11:07 AM
i had dreams that i was having an asthma attack and then i woke up and puked and went back to sleep

yo soy el mejor
10-26-2011, 11:21 AM
i fell asleep on skype while laying in bed with the lights on; i was laying inside of a plastic cocoon and it kept getting tighter and tighter around my head until i couldn't breathe. i was startled awake and muttering 'help'. right away i was embarrassed but tim didn't even notice. :)

Shallowed
11-30-2011, 07:45 PM
I went to my friend's house to have a sesh. I haven't actually been to his house in real life. Eminem was with us. We were smoking in his room, lighting the joints with candles. I actually felt particularly high like I normally do when I smoke. Friend's mother walked in to tell him something, picked up a joint, had a hit, then stuck around while Eminem chatted to her. Friend left the room to go occupy himself with something else, I guess he was embarrassed by his mother's presence or something. Eminem suggested that we have a threesome while friend was gone. Friend's mother was open to the idea. I went to go throw up in the kitchen sink, coughing up blood and what looked like Bailey's, though I don't drink the stuff. I heard my friend's mother laughing her ass off in my friend's room, listening to El Scorcho by Weezer. After that I woke up.

barden
11-30-2011, 07:47 PM
i fell asleep on skype while laying in bed with the lights on; i was laying inside of a plastic cocoon and it kept getting tighter and tighter around my head until i couldn't breathe. i was startled awake and muttering 'help'. right away i was embarrassed but tim didn't even notice. :)

thats because tim understands its better to pretend he didn't notice than to tell you he watched you falling asleep while on skype. just staring. intently.

barden
11-30-2011, 07:50 PM
'help'.

identify the dream residue. what are the stressors in YOUR life. Ones that feel like plastic cocoons that keep getting tighter and tighter until you cant breathe.

Dead Frequency
11-30-2011, 08:10 PM
I had a dream that a small alien jet fighter shot lasers at my nads and it hurt real fucking bad. Then it shot me in the shoulder and I took off my coat, threw it over the small plane and slammed it on the ground, shattering it.

Duke1497
11-30-2011, 11:32 PM
Goodnight, netphoria! Post your dreams here. I might have created this thread before but I want a clean slate. No sex stuff please.

A while ago, I had a dream in which I murdered my douchebag ex-stepfather. It went like this:

I somehow run into him, and we were arguing about something. Then he said something that set me off, and I started to repetitively stab him with a plastic fork. It actually stabbed through bone and everything. I kept stabbing him, and al the while I was laughing psychotically. He kept screaming and there was blood everywhere.

What's the significance of this? I mean I know I hate the guy but why was the dream like this?

slunken
11-30-2011, 11:33 PM
you blame other people (specifically authority figures that really hold no significance) for your own problems/inactivity

Duke1497
11-30-2011, 11:36 PM
Last night I had a dream about the zombie apocalypse. My broth an I hijacked some old guys car and drove away. We found 2 alive guys chained in their yard, with their bodies half eaten, but still alive. One said something about loving his wife, but he didn't have the heart to kill her. I assumed that he meant she was a zombie. Then she came out and I ran away

slunken
11-30-2011, 11:37 PM
AGAIN YOU'RE LETTING OTHER PEOPLE DECIDE WHAT IS RIGHT AND WHAT IS WRONG FOR YOU

Duke1497
11-30-2011, 11:38 PM
you blame other people (specifically authority figures that really hold no significance) for your own problems/inactivity

That actually isn't true. I hate my ex stepfather because he put my family through five years of Hell. Screamed at my mom, ignored us when my father died and we were all hurting, and other crap I won't go into

Duke1497
11-30-2011, 11:40 PM
AGAIN YOU'RE LETTING OTHER PEOPLE DECIDE WHAT IS RIGHT AND WHAT IS WRONG FOR YOU

That isn't true either. I was raised to be independent, I learned to fend for myself at a young age

slunken
11-30-2011, 11:46 PM
playing the victim each and every time also goes hand in hand

Duke1497
11-30-2011, 11:53 PM
playing the victim each and every time also goes hand in hand

What do you exactly mean by "playing the victim?"

Dead Frequency
12-01-2011, 12:05 AM
Why do aliens want to shoot me in the nards slunken

teh b0lly!!1
12-01-2011, 03:15 AM
I went to my friend's house to have a sesh. I haven't actually been to his house in real life. Eminem was with us. We were smoking in his room, lighting the joints with candles. I actually felt particularly high like I normally do when I smoke. Friend's mother walked in to tell him something, picked up a joint, had a hit, then stuck around while Eminem chatted to her. Friend left the room to go occupy himself with something else, I guess he was embarrassed by his mother's presence or something. Eminem suggested that we have a threesome while friend was gone. Friend's mother was open to the idea. I went to go throw up in the kitchen sink, coughing up blood and what looked like Bailey's, though I don't drink the stuff. I heard my friend's mother laughing her ass off in my friend's room, listening to El Scorcho by Weezer. After that I woke up.

whats the matter wichoo

supermaid
12-01-2011, 06:53 PM
Now it's kind of strange, and kinda hard for me to talk about, but I thought maybe you could help...

ilikeplanets
12-01-2011, 07:10 PM
These melatonin pills make my dreams really fucked. Not adventurous like nicotine patches, but filled with overwhelming negative emotions. It's easy to shake off once I wake up though.

Duke1497
12-02-2011, 05:31 PM
These melatonin pills make my dreams really fucked. Not adventurous like nicotine patches, but filled with overwhelming negative emotions. It's easy to shake off once I wake up though.

My lexapro makes me have weird dreams that are really clear

Shallowed
12-07-2011, 02:49 AM
Had a dream where I was in the vicinity of a meteor crashing into Earth. Someone pointed off to the horizon, I looked up and there it was, a big-assed mountain of rock just casually falling out of the sky. Caused a nuclear-like explosion.

I had this dream again, except seen from the vantage point of the moon, which was terraformed (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terraforming).

Dogfighter28
07-12-2012, 10:30 AM
bump

killtrocity
07-12-2012, 10:52 AM
Had another dream about accidentally killing a former love interest. It was like an rpg and she was level 2 or something, but I didn't know it, and she went down pretty easy.

Then there was one where I was in this creepy bar, and then it turned into a courthouse, and the police locked it down and said some psycho kidnapped an infant and was holding it hostage. Then the baby fell from the balcony like way up high.

slunken
07-19-2012, 01:23 PM
had a conversation with my dead uncle in law a couple nights ago

redbreegull
07-19-2012, 01:38 PM
I am with my friend Larissa and her buddy Helya, at some apartment. They are having this issue that both of them are devolving into insects. Helya's transformation goes quicker and she turns into a shiny blue beetle to our dismay. The beetle then comes after us and in self-defense, I close my flip phone on it. I guess it lives though, because next it has devolved all the way into a big egg. Larissa cooks the egg and we break it open to eat it. I check thoroughly but can find no bug parts in it. Next I go to some odd corner of the apartment where it is dark and musty. I look up into the corner of the room near the ceiling, and realize the walls are covered in screen, like window screen, except that it is torn in some places. I push up on the ceiling and it open. Turns out the apartment is located beneath a beach. I hear the wind and the waves, and sand pours in to the passage I have just opened. As I pull the door in the ceiling closed, I realize a shit ton of these tiny black bugs have made it through because of the hole in the screen and are now eating away the apartment

Gossamer
07-19-2012, 06:15 PM
Had an awesome dream interpretation group session at my house with some of my psych friends/colleagues. Ridiculously fascinating and good time. Would recommend.

D.
07-20-2012, 03:40 PM
Last night I dreamt that I was at my house, having a party with some peeps. All of a sudden they start picking out people who they deemed "gay" and were beating them up. I rushed to stop the kerfuffle and was tazed by the guitarist from the indie pop band Tennis. It didn't hurt or stun me very much so I was able to tussle w him, eventually getting the tazer. I then tazed him repeatedly until he turned really blue and vein-y. I was terrified that i had killed him and also that it wasn't technically self-defense.

I woke up really relieved.

reprise85
08-03-2012, 03:09 PM
last night i witnessed a multiple homicide that took place in my old neighborhood and got pegged with it and ended up in some hardcore jail. people from Oz were there, and it was co-ed. i think i was some version of Beecher

i had an incompetent lawyer and there were like two factions of inmates that competed for food and stuff like that in little battles. everyone kept telling me they knew i was innocent. i realized it was a dream in it and kept telling everyone i knew it was only a dream and they were like "yeah"

the guards told me i was the smartest inmate there and for that they hated me (?)

then somehow i escaped to the moon but i kept going back because i didnt want to be a fugitive, especially because i was innocent

i kept trying to win other murderers over to my side so i didnt have to worry about being murdered in jail. like when i won the little battles i'd split the food with them anyway

i've had a few jail related dreams lately, but this one was interesting because i knew i was dreaming. but i usually feel like im dreaming in real life (derealization) so that wasn't much comfort

Trotskilicious
08-03-2012, 03:16 PM
i had a dream that i was married to robyn and we lived in switzerland and it was <i>amazing</I>

reprise85
08-03-2012, 03:18 PM
nice

Shallowed
08-03-2012, 04:14 PM
I had a dream that my penis was one of these

http://www.ganahl.info/5pict/pipe.gif

but it looked like one of these

http://www.wildernessclassroom.com/www/schoolhouse/rainforest_library/animal_images/toucan.jpg

everything was all psychedelic and bright colours and looked like it was animated Simpsons style. At some point a girl smoked my pipe.

Shallowed
08-03-2012, 04:24 PM
then somehow i escaped to the moon but i kept going back because i didnt want to be a fugitive, especially because i was innocent

This weirdly enough made me hold back a tear. Thinking about space like this makes me feel isolated, and a little existential.

reprise85
08-03-2012, 04:48 PM
i know what you mean though it is hard to explain :)

i've had a couple dreams lately about space travel to the moon. another other one involved me pricing antiques for my dad that were in my old house's closet - not sure where the moon came in... but at some point i also went back in time and was trying to explain the concept of space travel to colonial americans by pointing at the moon and trying to explain but it was like explaining the internet to cave men. totally incomprehensible to a society that doesn't even have regular flight

come to think of it i've had a ton of space/time travel dreams recently and also going back to previous points in my life.

Trotskilicious
08-03-2012, 04:51 PM
where's gossamer to analyze our gobs of sticky dream residue

Shallowed
08-03-2012, 05:23 PM
I've never had dreams where I'm in space, but if I did it'd probably be terrifying for me even though I have a mild interest in space and what's out there.

teh b0lly!!1
08-04-2012, 07:21 AM
man i've been having some fucked up dreams lately

reprise85
08-04-2012, 12:25 PM
i had a dream last night of some huge orgy at what was supposed to be my mom's house. it was right by the everglades and at some point i swam in it with some dudes and we saw an alligator

some neighbor didn't like the music and told us we had to stop the "skeet stuff"

there was this black chick named Veronica who was trying to pick me up and we almost had sex twice but it got interrupted both times (made up dream person)

then there was this girl i grew up with and a guy who i had sex with (apart from each other - real people i used to know)

and finally there were two guys who were radio personalities who wanted to have a threesome with me but my mom started banging on my door and it got interrupted

what the fuck

rottenugly
08-04-2012, 02:15 PM
two days ago i had a dream my ex died, sad dream

redbreegull
08-04-2012, 03:03 PM
I was surfing netphoria in the future and instead of viruses, there were digital ringwraiths who chased users around the board. Experienced boarders could hide from them easily, but if caught, the Nine would wipe your entire hard drive. One day I open my computer to find I have been slain by a fucking nazgul made of binary. everything on my computer has been lost. I am dismayed that I have lost all my pictures, music, etc. and I know my father is behind it, because he can't use Netphoria well enough to evade the black riders. He is dismissive of my anger and frustration and I woke up in a cold sweat

reprise85
08-15-2012, 08:51 AM
last night i revisited my childhood where i was playing street hockey with the neighbor kids and hurt my wrist. i was about 9-10, and it was basically just me replaying the memory.

then later i had a dream where i was trapped by a sexual predator and he got arrested but acquitted and then came after me again. this is kinda one of my fears as i had a similar experience IRL as a teenager (except he hasn't been arrested)

then i was back in the past and revisited his past, which of course i never actually saw, and saw him like torturing animals and fucking with people for the hell of it (like gaslighting stuff) and i tried to interfere but it was like i was a spirit and just went through all objects, but he could hear me and knew i was there and kept telling me how fucked i was that when he was older he'd destroy me.

ptsd dreams suck

yo soy el mejor
08-15-2012, 08:57 AM
last night i dreamt of having tons of storage space!

Luke de Spa
08-15-2012, 09:03 AM
i have this recurring dream about a piece of timber

Luke de Spa
08-15-2012, 09:03 AM
tumbling down an infinite mountain

Luke de Spa
08-15-2012, 09:04 AM
forever.

reprise85
09-04-2012, 07:00 PM
i had a dream where i went into my "past" and rewatched a performance of geek usa with myself on guitar and vocals, trots on guitar, graveflower on bass and slunken on drums. we were all like 12 years old and rockin' out and i couldn't believe how good we were

redbreegull
09-04-2012, 07:51 PM
tumbling down an infinite mountain

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VF3b0XaAWV8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ohnoitsbonnie
09-05-2012, 07:40 AM
My mom found out the cable guy liked bananas so she filled some baskets with bananas and placed them around the tv for him to find.

Had that dream while napping on the couch waiting for the cable guy to show up

ohnoitsbonnie
09-05-2012, 07:40 AM
I called my sister and told her that dream and another I had at the time but can't remember now.

Trotskilicious
09-05-2012, 07:50 AM
i had a dream that i was married to robyn and we lived in switzerland and it was <i>amazing</I>

seriously why can't i have re-runs

redbreegull
09-05-2012, 07:39 PM
I found out my old boss murdered someone for harassing her kids. The middle of the dream is fuzzy, but by the end, the killer had turned into Christian Bale who was my father, and we were sitting on a front porch swing in the dark with some people who were my siblings I think. Bale had just killed my grandmother and hidden her body wrapped in plastic under the swing.

Shallowed
09-08-2012, 10:28 PM
I keep having dreams involving taking various drugs. I've never really had a good dream involving drugs because they usually end up going a bit awry in some way or another. It's strange how suggestible the mind is when you're dreaming.

reprise85
09-08-2012, 10:46 PM
i dont have recurring dreams of taking hard drugs anymore (maybe a couple a month which i guess is recurring but i had one dream every single night for about a year for a while so every week or two doesnt seem like recurring to me) but do have a lot about smoking weed and almost every night i have one involving smoking cigs

when i first quit cigs at the beginning of the year i didnt have many. it seems like they are increasing which seems odd. when i first quit drugs i had drug dreams every night right away

now when i have drug dreams i usually realize they are dreams because it seems wrong and strange to me since im not in that mindset anymore. whereas with cigs i really wake up thinking i've smoked

reprise85
09-08-2012, 10:50 PM
dreams are really interesting, no doubt

Dogfighter28
09-09-2012, 12:26 AM
i had a dream that i was camping someplace very cold

eventually wound up in a really cool log cabin and yo soy el mejor was there

we had a great time hanging out and joking around etc and then she is all like "but deep down i know i still can't like you as a person"

lol

Order 66
09-09-2012, 12:43 AM
i was really hungover this morning so i kept trying to sleep it off and had all these death trip dreams.

the last one i remember is where i lived with my parents again but for some reason we were in a shitty apartment. i went to take a shower and all this gunk came out of the showerhead. the gunky water overflowed from the tub and started pouring out of the bathroom into the hallway. i thought 'ah fuck' so i chased the stream

i thought the carpet would be ruined and everything but i found the apartment was completely renovated. i kept running down the hallway and saw all this new furniture, the wall and ceiling had a new paintjob ect. i could feel the new carpet touching my feet so figured it couldnt be a dream. but eventually i ascended a final stairway to a tunnel of light so i figured 'yeah its a dream and im about to wake up'

i normally hate talking about my dreams but that was the weirdest one in awhile

D.
09-09-2012, 02:18 AM
Last night I dreamt that I saw some crazy airplanes/spaceships crossing in the sky right by my backyard. One crashed but it looked more like an American plane than an extraterrestrial. I wanted to grab a piece of the wreckage (a la Roswell), just in case, but I didn't.

I woke up to my brother fucking calling me at goddamn 2:30 in the morning, leaving me a voicemail about how his girlfriend hasn't seen a full episode of Seinfeld. Like, that's my favorite show of forever but seriously, 2 fucking 30?!

reprise85
09-09-2012, 09:40 AM
i had a dream just now where i was a dude with a big dick and i was around a bunch of people and had to pee a lot and someone challenged me to see how many beer bottles i could fill up with pee. the answer was 6. 7 was apparently the record.

Shallowed
09-09-2012, 06:22 PM
As a dude with a big dick, I can say with some authority that that kind of activity is not abnormal, in case you were worried.

reprise85
09-09-2012, 08:08 PM
6 bottles of beer worth of pee is a lot dont you think

i woke up and peed for a while but i doubt it was 64oz worth

reprise85
09-15-2012, 06:35 AM
i was with my parents and they hadn't gotten divorced and my dad was trying to move a mattress and i just watched him and didn't help. well it fell on three cats and two of them died and my dad said it was my fault and i got really upset. then my mom also said it was my fault. then i realized, fuck, i was supposed to have my first day of work today (also true IRL) and might have double booked with my doctor. i asked someone the date and it was oct 13 X.X

Trotskilicious
09-15-2012, 07:00 AM
As a dude with a big dick, I can say with some authority that that kind of activity is not abnormal, in case you were worried.

http://i.imgur.com/QbadS.png

reprise85
09-18-2012, 10:53 AM
okay, last night i was in a kind of virtual reality thing where you could do anything with unlimited money in the VR, for as long as you wanted, with no consequences. it was like in some kind of tropical climate and there was like some physical competitions and there was a war going on and netphorians were there and we were all soldiers in this virtual reality war. graveflower came over last in a yellow hummer that he was living in. it had a couch and a tv and little kitchen and everything.

and there was this cat as a part of the dream, that started off as white and the more you pet it it changed colors and could do different things. by the end it was basically like a servant that cooked meals and made phone calls and did all sorts of things. by that time i had pet it where it was a black cat.

i remember knowing in the dream that it was a dream and how cool it would be to have a cat that changed colors based on how much you pet it.

ohnoitsbonnie
09-18-2012, 11:20 AM
This is all I remember:
I was touring this mobile home that a few people lived in for some reason. Assessing the condition I guess. I remember making a joke about the dining being more like a bar than a formal place. There was this intricate cat doorknob and lock on the door to the rest of the kitchen, because the kitchen was in two parts. The person that let me in was making me feel uneasy and that feeling only got worse as time went on.
So next I hear about this body that was found, but it wasn't a typical body. It was this girl in a sailor moon outfit, and she had either been dead her entire life or was made of something else but no scientist could figure out why she took that form. Those were just the ideas that were flashing through my head as her body floated around in some murky water. When she would get closer, the light my eyes put out would reveal the awfulness. "She" wasn't decaying though.
The next part that happens is my bf and I are having sex, but he has a suit on. I say take the suit off. He says he can't. It rips a little. I keep asking him to take it off and he says "In time" and I know there is some reason he feels like he has to keep it on. I start to get uneasy.

I woke up from there because dreams are awful

Order 66
09-18-2012, 12:08 PM
i wish i had necropheliac salor moon cosplay dreams

ohnoitsbonnie
09-18-2012, 12:57 PM
That part reminded me of you

reprise85
09-18-2012, 01:08 PM
hahaha

porte peinte
09-18-2012, 02:28 PM
thread ranks high on personal list of things to never, ever read

porte peinte
09-18-2012, 02:34 PM
god dammit, reprise.

redbreegull
09-18-2012, 03:39 PM
Do you guys have more vivid dreams when someone shares your bed? I often have crazy dreams just when my dog climbs under the covers with me. Two nights ago I was with the girlfriend and had this shit happen in my mind:

I was in my apartment with my family and friends, and the apocalypse was forecast on the news. The sky turned black and the wind picked up, and I saw a long line of people I know from college walking up the road. They were being closely followed by a huge horde of the undead, but for some reason could not move any faster than regular walking pace. I held the door open for them and my heart beat faster and faster, anxious to see if they would make it in time. The last person made it inside my apartment just in time, and I slammed the door shut on the zombies. The sky opened and a storm was unleashed that blew away cars and trees, and seemingly lasted for hours. The checked on the zombies periodically through the peephole, and they hung around pressing on the door. Finally after several hours, I checked and they were gone, but just as I was feeling better, some nightmare creature threw its whole weight against the door, almost breaking the lock. My mother solemnly told me that the death toll was predicted to be catastrophic.

Some time passed and I found myself taking refuge with a few other people in the hull of a giant ship, like some cruise liner from the early 20th century, but it was sitting in a forest/swampy area. The rain continued. I stumbled upon a girl I was friends with in high school, who was living in some luxury suite inside the ship, but we couldn't go outside because apocalypse. Finally I was rescued by both David Tennant and Matt Smith as the 10th and 11th Doctors.

reprise85
10-19-2012, 09:29 PM
had a weird one last night

Okay so in the dream I wanted a baby and SuckSuckStyle was some kind of surrogate and had the baby for me and the dad was my friend Scott. He was going to have the baby and then all these mob-type people came in wanting to stop it, didn't like that SSS was a guy, and were threatening all of us. Meanwhile SSS was in a lot of pain and was having second thoughts and the doctor was like either way you're going through labor whether it's a miscarriage or not and stuff like that. And then SSS was having complications and in that moment I felt what it must be like to have a child, and want with all of your being for that child to live, and how if they don't you just will die. Obv it's not like the real thing but like I said, a glimpse.

So I "woke up" from the dream and was like oh it's a dream, and I was in my parent's old house and my mom was like "where's the baby?" and I'm like uuuuuhhhhh, that really happened? And I start freaking out like where is my baby

And people were asking me what the baby's name was before it was born and if it was a girl it was going to be Theresa and if it was a guy it was going to be Dennis. Not sure where those names came from.

I think my maternal clock is going off, ugghhh

I can probably never have kids because of PTSD bullshit and it's actually starting to upset me that I can't be around children. My brain is going nutso lately around this shit

Shallowed
10-19-2012, 10:27 PM
I hate dreaming that I wake up in my bed. It's even worse when weird but plausible shit still happens in your dream afterwards, like your parents asking you where your babby was.

reprise85
10-19-2012, 10:31 PM
yeah man, my dreams are really bothering me lately, all my friends are having kids and it's fucked up that it was ruined for me and i keep thinking about it. not that i'm in any position, financially, mentally, ANYTHING, but even if i was you know, it's goddamn fucked up and im feeling a little righteously angry i guess you'd call it

MusicMan4
10-19-2012, 10:57 PM
anyway like one of the few dreams i can have a fairly clear memory of was last night and it basically involved me and a young courtney love
we didn't fuck or something to make me be a pig or nothin' but i did hold her and comfort her

it was bizarre and didn't make sense because it was a dream and its all s urreal but it was definitely her and i can't come up with any reason why that would happen
we took a plane ride together
which lasted like 20 seconds in dream time but still

i fucking hate so much that humans can't remember entire dreams and that they don't make sense exactly even if you do

MusicMan4
10-19-2012, 10:59 PM
it was one of my dreams that comes after i wake up and drift back to sleep like 30 minutes before my alarm goes off
those are the only dreams i have memories of at all
its always i wake up and look at my phone and go goddammit and then i drift along in some state of what i guess might be semi-conciousness and then my alarm goes off and i go why the fuck is any of this in my mind what the hell

MusicMan4
10-19-2012, 10:59 PM
i wanna see movies of my dreams ♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪

reprise85
10-19-2012, 11:01 PM
of course i don't remember entire dreams, but i feel like i remember more than most people. if i wrote them down i'd remember them even better. you could try that... i think a lot of it is just random shit you saw during the day (dream residue... like I can imagine the "mob" thing in my dream was directly related to me watching the sopranos recently and the dennis thing maybe to dennis flemion?)... and then other things seem to be your brain working out stuff. and even if that's not true, the working out stuff, it certainly makes you think and that in and of itself can be a catalyst to working out stuff - you know what i mean?

i cant tell you how many dreams i have where i go "oh i've dreamed this before but now it's actually happening"

my dreams reference other dreams all the time. like almost every night. is that normal?

noyen
10-19-2012, 11:34 PM
what does it mean when every dream is a nightmare, doctors?

reprise85
10-19-2012, 11:43 PM
the difference between a normal dream and a nightmare is just your perspective, isn't it?

if something disturbs you it probably is related to something that is bothering you in waking life, i mean that's all i can thing of...?

i mean i have "nightmares" every single night, it's probably my most pervasive "symptom" however they mostly don't get to me because i'm just so used to it

noyen
10-19-2012, 11:49 PM
i guess i hate dreaming if thats the case. ive had dreams. but not lately. consitent nigtmares that destroy my reality. i neither want to sleep or wake up to deal with them after the fact. its defeating. if i could stay awake all the time i wouldnt have to deal with the consequences of the nightmares and vice versa.

MusicMan4
10-19-2012, 11:50 PM
my entire life is a nightmare

MusicMan4
10-19-2012, 11:51 PM
waity i should drop that since i did it better in the depression thread when i parodied styartlas post
whatever
i could have had an angle here
is anyone really analyzing dreams in here?

i just want to have fu n with them
like i never tell my therapist about my dreams even tho0ugh thank fuck shes not a dream analyzer type retard
but i mean i wanted to post my most recent one because it is just funny to me even without the context that i seriously had a dream where i comforted a young courtney love before and during a plane ride

noyen
10-19-2012, 11:53 PM
my entire life is a nightmare ...

reprise85
10-19-2012, 11:58 PM
im not really into analyzing them as such, but general themes are meaningful sometimes

reprise85
10-19-2012, 11:58 PM
my therapist doesnt do dream analysis, but if some dream is upsetting me for days i will tell her because it obviously is meaningful to me in some way, you get me?

null123
10-19-2012, 11:59 PM
I have so many fucked up dreams every night lately. Don't even want to sleep

reprise85
10-20-2012, 12:01 AM
sorry to hear you all are having sleep/dream problems

i just embrace the fucked-up-ness because it has been this way for like 4 years

noyen
10-20-2012, 12:01 AM
thats where im at. in the morning i struggle with what reality is and then im like oh, it is as shitty as my dreams and i have to sort out what is what before i stick the needle in my arm again.

MusicMan4
10-20-2012, 12:03 AM

U would not last fi ve moinutes in my world...

reprise85
10-20-2012, 12:03 AM
:-/

noyen
10-20-2012, 12:04 AM
U would not last fi ve moinutes in my world...

you wouldnt last a second in mine, bitch. something to think about, asshole.

MusicMan4
10-20-2012, 12:07 AM
i have lasted literally incalculable seconds in my own world which you could never comprehend...

MusicMan4
10-20-2012, 12:08 AM
noyren i'm sorry that's my last post on this area because i'm seriously too exhausted tyo even get into a bit with you

i think i could pull it off if nobody else was in on what i'm going into but i'm not even sure with that abnd most of the time i'm up for anything on here
it's not been my week

MusicMan4
10-20-2012, 12:10 AM
to get this back to logging dreams my life really has not hit a higher note than my 2010 lady gaga sex dream and like think of everybody's last couple of years and that is your high light
i'm on the edge

noyen
10-20-2012, 12:11 AM
really. cool.

noyen
10-20-2012, 12:12 AM
lay into me. i can dish it and take it. you dont have anything but your imagination. go for it, bro.

MusicMan4
10-20-2012, 12:13 AM
i mean no not really but that is the closest to sensical i can make my dreams that i remember in text form

and that is why u wouldnt last give minutes in my mind

MusicMan4
10-20-2012, 12:15 AM
wait what
i mean i said "bits" which means like we are fucking around and sometimes i just can't get into it
i should find the favorite phrases thread because seriously my favorite phrase to use ever might be when i would get into a big argument on here in like 2002 and just suddenly type to somebody that they wouldnt last "five minutes in my world" and even now as a comedcy expert making six figures every year i can't explain why that amuses me it just does it for me and i would know being an expert in comedy and what am i typing
god when i second guess every post on netphoria i really will have nothing

MusicMan4
10-20-2012, 12:15 AM
eric the ANNOYING midget

noyen
10-20-2012, 12:19 AM
only white hipster people would feel so self satisfied with their nightmares.

MusicMan4
10-20-2012, 12:26 AM
yeah but you dont know what a real nightmare is

i could show you but you wouldnt last five minutes

noyen
10-20-2012, 12:28 AM
no, only you know what one is. heard it before from other white trust fund babies.

noyen
10-20-2012, 12:31 AM
like watching 5 minutes of the view. i'll never understand. are you the barbara walters in this nightmare or whoopi?

MusicMan4
10-20-2012, 12:31 AM
thats only charmbag

MusicMan4
10-20-2012, 12:32 AM
i dont remember who else is on the view anymore because my king and God howard stern hasnt mentioned them in like over a year i think
isnt barbara walters dead

MusicMan4
10-20-2012, 12:33 AM
i should warn you now ecen though tyhis isnt the right thread that i'm like two drinks only away from drunk dialing everyone

noyen
10-20-2012, 12:34 AM
in my dreams her head is on a stick and a cute minature doberman is eating her eyeballs out eagerly while eulogy is fucking her mouth with her fat black swollen tongue hanging out the side, dripping dog saliva and pre-cum.

MusicMan4
10-20-2012, 12:36 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TQNoLE19j2I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

noyen
10-20-2012, 12:37 AM
clearly, love is real.

MusicMan4
10-20-2012, 12:38 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/z9OGfBGOCpk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

reprise85
10-20-2012, 12:17 PM
duovamp pressured me into having sex without a condom, finished in like five seconds and then refused to buy me the morning after pill the next day :( so i went to buy it myself and got a hard time from the pharmacist

null123
10-20-2012, 08:46 PM
Are you serious

reprise85
10-21-2012, 12:07 AM
yes that was my dream

reprise85
10-21-2012, 12:08 AM
i couldnt make that shit up

SuckSuckStyle
10-23-2012, 07:25 AM
oh man. i had a dream last night about this girl i used to see and just got back in touch with who i never got over.

in the dream all we were doing was making out and rolling around like we used to. it was so real it's haunted me all day. she's in SF and i miss her.

teh b0lly!!1
10-23-2012, 07:45 AM
i couldnt make that shit up

Now, I'm not a professional psychologist, but your disturbing dreams may have something to do with excessive boarding habits.

Dead Frequency
10-23-2012, 09:44 AM
I had dream wherein i was hauling trash to the dump on foot. Man it was fucked.

reprise85
10-29-2012, 12:48 PM
i was a guy and raped people. a lot of them. ughsodgndfndfbmfdoklm

redbreegull
10-29-2012, 03:22 PM
i was a guy and raped people. a lot of them. ughsodgndfndfbmfdoklm

that's weird, I had a dream last night that I was running from the cops in the 1940s because they thought I had been sexually assaulting women. I can't remember if I was guilty or not though

reprise85
10-30-2012, 12:58 AM
mine was like the entire process of it and then running from police

like i raped like 10 different people and came a bunch of times and everything, in the dream. but i was like why am i doing this at the same time. it was fucked up.

and another dream i was with my therapist at her office and another patient was there too and i was like 'this isn't really happening' because i know that would never happen, and she just was like 'yes it is, erica. you're here' and i was just like uuuuhhhh cause i knew i was dreaming, was pretty sure i was anyway

funny how an off situation like that and i know i'm dreaming but having a penis and raping people doesn't set off the i'm dreaming alarm

Shallowed
10-30-2012, 01:25 AM
What was it like having a dick?

reprise85
10-30-2012, 01:29 AM
i had no feeling in it but still wanted to orgasm anyway

Shallowed
10-30-2012, 01:35 AM
Penile paralysis :(

reprise85
10-30-2012, 01:40 AM
god damn it

butthurt
10-30-2012, 01:47 AM
I was trying to save a mini-sub that was taking on water. I was not successful.

reprise85
10-30-2012, 01:53 AM
did you drown

pavementtune
10-30-2012, 01:54 AM
I wonder how that works. To dream that you have a different gender I mean. I sometimes look a little different in my dreams, like more weight or different hair, also my age changes a lot, but that's it. Once I was a bird though, but I guess that wasn't an actual dream, more like passing out into a drug coma.

reprise85
10-30-2012, 01:58 AM
oh i dream i'm male pretty frequently, maybe once a month or so. and sometimes im not even in my dreams at all. sometimes i'm more than one person. sometimes it's third person or it switches from first to third and back.

there was a period of about a year where i had the same basic dream every single night

i probably wrote about it in this thread

it was fucking insane

butthurt
10-30-2012, 01:59 AM
did you drown

I wasn't inside the sub. The person who was inside drowned.

reprise85
10-30-2012, 02:05 AM
i had a dream just now where i was a dude with a big dick and i was around a bunch of people and had to pee a lot and someone challenged me to see how many beer bottles i could fill up with pee. the answer was 6. 7 was apparently the record.

lol i forgot about this dream. less than two months ago

pavementtune
10-30-2012, 02:13 AM
Wow. Is this somehow connected with this thing - derealization or what was it?
How do you know which one is you then? Do you wonder in your dream why you are suddenly a guy? Besides having a penis, do you look like yourself, do you have your face?

Hm. I guess I'd like to be a guy in a dream. Not the raping of course.

null123
10-30-2012, 02:23 AM
sad sad dreams

reprise85
10-30-2012, 02:35 AM
Wow. Is this somehow connected with this thing - derealization or what was it?

yeah i think it does have to do with my dissociative disorder stuff. only other people i've talked to that have it anywhere near as often as i do also have dissociative issues. i dont know of any research to connect this though

How do you know which one is you then? Do you wonder in your dream why you are suddenly a guy? Besides having a penis, do you look like yourself, do you have your face?

Hm. I guess I'd like to be a guy in a dream. Not the raping of course.

Sometimes I wonder but I usually don't. I have been having weird sort of illusions about a lot of things, including my gender, since I was a kid. I never think I'm a guy but I "feel" like one sometimes - that doesn't really make sense I guess - it's hard to explain. I hear a guy's voice in my head sometimes. Okay, frequently. I feel sort of, not genderless, but both genders at once. This isn't a sexuality issue, I don't think. My brain just had to adapt a lot in weird ways, I think. I don't know. It's always been this way.

Do I have my face - no... it's one of several faces I have in my dreams. There are... at least four others than 'my face' - they recur - as long as I am "one of these" faces, I don't seem to get alarmed

i guess that sounds kind of weird huh

i have identity issues as you can see. my shit is all compartmentalized

reprise85
10-30-2012, 02:37 AM
sad sad dreams

:(

that raping dream is seriously bothering me

Shallowed
10-30-2012, 02:50 AM
did you drown

I've started to enjoy dreams where I'm submerged in water. Usually I'll realise pretty quickly that I'm not going to drown and am therefore dreaming, so I can bask in the surreal floaty feelings. Once had a dream like that, it was all slow motion too and I could hear a song that reminded me of "Dreams Burn Down" by Ride. Probably feels even better than flying dreams.

reprise85
10-30-2012, 02:58 AM
that's pretty cool

i find myself realizing im dreaming very frequently lately, and continuing the dreaming without waking up

i could use a night of peaceful sleep though one of these days

pavementtune
10-30-2012, 03:02 AM
I started to have these floating dreams since I'm away from home. I dive and swim without any effort. I also kind of fly sometimes, a bit like in computer games. I just somehow zoom where I want to go. It's always the same: in the dream I need to go from A to B. I think " nah, walking there will take too long - let's zoom in/fly."

null123
10-30-2012, 03:11 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/A8JD0U_rhGI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Shallowed
10-30-2012, 03:25 AM
I started to have these floating dreams since I'm away from home. I dive and swim without any effort. I also kind of fly sometimes, a bit like in computer games. I just somehow zoom where I want to go. It's always the same: in the dream I need to go from A to B. I think " nah, walking there will take too long - let's zoom in/fly."

That sounds fun. It'd be cool if we could siamese dream.

reprise85
10-30-2012, 06:47 PM
had a drug dream dgjongjfdibnfjibkffkgfbgffdfbhfjhdrgfvc

never actually got the pills but i was trying to get them with an old friend who used to be addicted with me. i woke up with super cravings. not been this bad in a long time. i even friended an old "friend"/dealer on facebook but she's clean thank god

Kahlo
10-30-2012, 08:22 PM
I keep dreaming I'm on the bridge of some massive warship, and the weather is pretty shitty. The ship is rolling all over the place. Sometimes it capsizes. Pretty dull.

TuralyonW3
10-30-2012, 09:18 PM
I had a dream my life would be so different from this hell I'm living...so different now from what it seemed...now life has killed the dream I dreamed.

reprise85
10-31-2012, 03:05 PM
I was at some sort of movie showing that was in Russia. It was some weird movie and the ending involved some guy having all kinds of raunchy fucked up sex with the lead woman and it was horrible but when it was over the entire audience got up and clapped like crazy... my parents were with me as well as some other people I didn't know. It goes on forever and at the end I ask how long it was and someone tells me six hours.

During all of this I kept going in and out of the theater - there were other parts to the showing, involving other people and different events. I was very unsteady on my feet and kept bumping into things. One event was statues of bananas (?) and I knocked a couple down and asked the artist if he needed some money for them and he said $100. I didn't have the money on me but I told him I'd get it and come back. I offered to let him hold onto my phone as collateral but he didn't want to.

Then I find out we are actually in San Diego, which makes no sense because people are speaking Russian. I try to go into a restroom but the toilets are like trough-style with everyone peeing in the open and it's super awkward. There's two men observing all the women and one throws a book at me. The title is in Russian but I gather that it says something about "pussy" and I throw the book back at him, and the men both come after me and I run like crazy until I get to my family, which now includes my Uncle and his partner who tell the guys chasing me to fuck off. My family and I go out of the event and start telling me all of these things I did that I don't remember at all. It disturbs me. I can't find the banana guy to give him his money. My party tells me there is a girl Jessica who really likes me and I like her and I find her and pretend like I remember her. She was blonde. This is actually the point I find out we're in San Diego because my family is debating going to San Fransisco before heading home.

During this I am on and off suicidal and am looking for where I can jump out of the building to my death.

Oh and during this point somewhere I go back in time or we are back in time already, and somehow end up in a room with the members of Nirvana and we are watching TV and I'm like wow I'm back in time, how cool is this. It was 1993 and I tell my mom how cool it is to be able to talk to Kurt Cobain.

:think:

Shallowed
10-31-2012, 07:46 PM
Interesting dream. Do you keep a dream diary or was the dream vivid enough to remember it all?

Dead Frequency
10-31-2012, 07:57 PM
that's pretty cool

i find myself realizing im dreaming very frequently lately, and continuing the dreaming without waking up

i could use a night of peaceful sleep though one of these days
Have you tried nootropics? Also i thought that if you were dreaming you were in a pretty deep sleep?

reprise85
11-01-2012, 02:46 AM
Interesting dream. Do you keep a dream diary or was the dream vivid enough to remember it all?

i remember it all. i wrote those details about three hours after i woke up. dream diary is probably a good idea

there's so much sexual imagery in that dream, it's pretty wild huh

i remember thinking the banana statue price was ok and then later being like wtf it's just bananas how is that worth $100

reprise85
11-01-2012, 02:47 AM
Have you tried nootropics? Also i thought that if you were dreaming you were in a pretty deep sleep?

I know some people who are really into nootropics, but I've never tried them myself. As for dreaming being part of deep sleep - I think that is generally true, but I don't know a lot about it... but always in the past when I've realized I'm dreaming it's been a cue for me to either wake up or attempt to wake up and go into sleep paralysis.

Shallowed
11-01-2012, 05:00 AM
i remember it all. i wrote those details about three hours after i woke up. dream diary is probably a good idea

there's so much sexual imagery in that dream, it's pretty wild huh

i remember thinking the banana statue price was ok and then later being like wtf it's just bananas how is that worth $100

Three hours? Fuck, that almost never happens to me. Most of the time when I wake up, any memory of the dream I had goes down the drain, especially if it's a weird abstract dream that's difficult to explain and relate it to reality. Though in your dream, you had an idea of the location, which I find helps being able to at least recall some kind of context, even if you're being transported from place to place.

Dreaming about being at a band's show before they were famous is particularly awesome. I had one the other night that I was at a Velvet Underground show, and a few years ago I dreamed I was at a SP show circa 1989. Afterwards I met with Billy and he showed me their demo tape.

Dead Frequency
11-01-2012, 09:08 AM
HJ?

reprise85
11-01-2012, 11:28 AM
Three hours? Fuck, that almost never happens to me. Most of the time when I wake up, any memory of the dream I had goes down the drain, especially if it's a weird abstract dream that's difficult to explain and relate it to reality. Though in your dream, you had an idea of the location, which I find helps being able to at least recall some kind of context, even if you're being transported from place to place.

Dreaming about being at a band's show before they were famous is particularly awesome. I had one the other night that I was at a Velvet Underground show, and a few years ago I dreamed I was at a SP show circa 1989. Afterwards I met with Billy and he showed me their demo tape.

That's cool. I had a dream once where I had sex with all the members of REM. I dream about SP fairly regularly, a few times a month... shows how much it's ingrained in my psyche.

Last night I had a dream about SP. Corgan and co. were playing an insane amount of surprise dates in south FL. I was in college somewhere and kept missing them. My friends and I decided to send a message to Billy to ask him to play at the college. We talked about Billy and Jessica Simpson and I guess in the dream they were (still?) dating, and I said I bet they'll get married.

I have a recurring theme in my dreams where I am back in low grades (usually middle school), but I'm an adult - although not my age now, usually like 20-23. Like all the kids are the right age and I keep saying I've already graduated from HS but it's like some rehabilitation thing that involves me being in low grades... This didn't happen last night but it was referenced in the dream, with me saying something like "Finally, in college after all this time"

Woke up two hours ago

redbreegull
11-01-2012, 05:27 PM
I often have dreams where I feel, or "know" I am in college, but the setting is often my highschool or middle school, or my apartment or somewhere else. The characters in the dream are always from my college though

reprise85
11-11-2012, 02:56 PM
i was in some kind of hospital/jail awaiting trial. i didnt know what i was there for and the staff were all assholes. the place was run really poorly

then some people i was with got some crystal meth and i sniffed some and said 'this is like coke, only better!' and then proceeded to get all angry and self righteous at the staff and was asking to talk to a lawyer, or my mom, or my therapist

then someone comes with a guitar and it's like an ampatheater and he starts playing northern star by hole and i sing it, my voice is raspy but i can tell the audience/prisoners are really digging it and i put my all into it

then afterwards a patient into the area with a gun that shoots bolts and i put my hands in front of myself to shield my head and he shoots two bolts in each of my hands and i get really upset, thinking i'll never be able to play guitar again. he gets tackled by the staff

my mom comes and informs me my trial is on march 21st and i ask her what the date is now... and it's november, like IRL. she tells me i'm on trial for molesting a boy. i'm like wtffff and start bitching at the staff saying how am i supposed to prepare when i dont know when my hearings are, dont know my charges and dont have a lawyer?! the proceed to tell me they know i'm guilty and they hate me and i get very angry and start going off on them about the conditions of the hospital/jail and some of them soften up to me and agree to find me a lawyer and contact my therapist

duovamp
11-11-2012, 10:36 PM
Remembering dreams is so weird. I wake up remembering a dream like 2 times a year, and I forget them within 2 hours anyway. :confused:

reprise85
11-12-2012, 12:10 AM
yeah i have madd dream recall powers

i dont know enough about sleep to say this one way or another but i wonder if i just have poor sleep quality and thus wake up in deep sleep more than most people do, resulting in me remembering my dreams because i'm waking up during REM

duovamp
11-12-2012, 12:14 AM
I think I heard somewhere that it's related to when in your sleep cycle you awaken. But it might be that you spend more time at the REM stage than other people. Or just that your dreams are more vivid. Or that you just remember them well.

reprise85
11-12-2012, 12:15 AM
i wonder also if it has to do with dissociation (specifically derealization) because i feel like i am dreaming very often and even sometimes remember dreams better than waking life

reprise85
11-12-2012, 12:17 AM
it just boggles my mind when i read something... like just now some college student study and people remember there dreams about half the time. seriously, i remember them just about always. and for more than a year i had the same basic dream every single night, with dream continuity on a lot of things... for more than a year! thats some crazy shit

reprise85
11-12-2012, 12:18 AM
maybe i just think about my dreams more than other people

big questions

TuralyonW3
11-12-2012, 12:23 AM
I've been having fantastic dreams where i'm travelling in really cool made up places with really cool made up people, browsing for hours in really cool made up old bookshops and stuff. always kinda wistful when i wake up

duovamp
11-12-2012, 12:29 AM
it just boggles my mind when i read something... like just now some college student study and people remember there dreams about half the time. seriously, i remember them just about always. and for more than a year i had the same basic dream every single night, with dream continuity on a lot of things... for more than a year! thats some crazy shit

Half the time? That's fucking nuts even. I haven't remembered a dream in months and months.

reprise85
11-12-2012, 12:31 AM
that sounds really cool
@turdlion

reprise85
11-12-2012, 12:32 AM
Half the time? That's fucking nuts even. I haven't remembered a dream in months and months.

when i was a kid i never remembered my dreams and even argued with people about it because i seriously didnt even know what they were talking about, practically

and then all of a sudden i started to remember them and i have since... around 10 y/o

reprise85
11-13-2012, 12:43 PM
so last night i had some kind of dream where i was working, details seem unimportant, but during the course of it i met this cute girl who seemed to really like me

so we went back to some hotel room and were going to get it on, when she takes off her pants and... has a penis. i'm like, ok that's fine with me and then the penis transforms into this like black/dark grey monstrosity with flesh spikes and it's like two feet long and i'm like uhhhh holy fuck nevermind and she starts reaching for me and then i woke up

killtrocity
11-13-2012, 12:55 PM

Yeah seriously, remembering a dream is a huge event... for a while I would write down any dream that I remembered vividly.

And this is purely anecdotal but I definitely feel that waking up during deep sleep allows you to remember dreams more vividly. The brain is kind of forced to bridge a gap between two distinct areas of consciousness, the subtle level of awareness being partitioned, really, from conscious thought.

Any brain people up in here, yo

slunken
11-13-2012, 01:01 PM
yea dog brains 4 life

reprise85
11-13-2012, 01:12 PM
Yeah seriously, remembering a dream is a huge event... for a while I would write down any dream that I remembered vividly.

And this is purely anecdotal but I definitely feel that waking up during deep sleep allows you to remember dreams more vividly. The brain is kind of forced to bridge a gap between two distinct areas of consciousness, the subtle level of awareness being partitioned, really, from conscious thought.

Any brain people up in here, yo

usually what i post is the dream i remembered when i woke up, but i sometimes remember dreams from earlier in the night, esp if i wake up during the night which i usually do about 4-5x a night. makes me wonder if i almost always wake up at the end of REM sleep

i remember really detailed old dreams as well, pretty much constantly get reminded throughout the day.

Order 66
11-13-2012, 01:24 PM
the other day i had a dream a black mamba was loose in my apartment. so i waited outside in the freezing cold

when i woke up i was still afraid of it for like five minutes until i realized okay this is stupid it was just a dream

ohnoitsbonnie
11-13-2012, 11:23 PM
I had a dream that a tornado was happening. It was terrible.

yo soy el mejor
11-13-2012, 11:40 PM
i have a dream

Order 66
11-22-2012, 12:06 AM
i normally don't talk about my dreams but i just woke up from a nap and i wanted to somewhere to write it down before i forget.

anyway.. (after a drawn-out episode i already forget the details of) i found myself in a psych ward, and i didn't know if i was there as a worker or patient. there were a bunch of hicks there in hospital smocks. the only IRL person i remember there was my friend's mom. bitch is cray, so that fits.

some patient with a handlebar mustache ran into the lobby saying 'turn on the news. billy corgan just died...' from what i gathered it seemed he died of natural causes. people were pretending they always liked him and MCIS era clips were playing on tv.

i don't know if it was related to the news or not but i had the urge to go home and chill over beer and xbox or whatever. i was going to tell the patients bye but everybody was running around busy with something so i left. this is where it gets weird... turns out i was in some court house/hospital hybrid the whole time. all the rooms were apparently law offices but there were still patients holding counseling sessions which were moderated by secretarial looking black ladies. one of them looked at me and said something like "he escaped. get him"

so i ran to the bottom floor, which seemed to be the courtroom lobby. it was a clusterfuck with lawyers and reporters and paralegals. there was some big case going on. i think the crooked governer from Oz was the defendant's lawyer in some OJ type case. and i was tangentially involved in some way

so i finally found my way to the exit. it was somewhere easy to get to and i felt stupid for not just going straight there. it was really musty outside and it looked like it had just rained. there were these headstones everywhere and i couldn't tell if they were graves or landscape markers. the ground was littered with tennis balls which some people were throwing around. i kicked one into a puddle and some guy said "watch it, you're getting it soggy". it was already soggy.

so i reached a stone wall i thought to be the 'exit'. i thought, for whatever reason, that if i threw a ball at one of the headstones a hand would come out of the ground and catch it and a door would appear. so i throw one of the balls and it just ricochets off the stone. everybody looked at me like i was retarded. i explained why i did what i did and some guy in a pilot uniform said "you don't what the fuck you're talking about. this is the Smithsonian. show some respect"

one of the more bizarre ones lately

cocksure
11-22-2012, 05:37 AM
i had a dream where i was in a cooking contest and all i had for materials was a bun and a wiener. i think i won.

reprise85
11-22-2012, 07:43 AM
nice one, order 66

last night i was trying to win some contest that micheal ian black was holding and i was like almost stalking him to get him to pick me and it seemed to work. i dont remember more details but sometimes i remember later.

Dead Frequency
11-22-2012, 08:58 AM
At my security job at the motel I work at there is an older man that rides through property toward the apartments next door. Initially i tried stopping him and speaking to him about how I couldn't have him on property and he would sort of just pedal harder and quickly leave me behind. After some time I decided to smile and wave as he rolls through, going so far as to advise others to let him be.

But I had a dream recently wherein he found me at work rolled up and said 'Thank you'

But I guess it's mostly weird because I haven't seen him since, really.

hnibos
11-22-2012, 12:34 PM
He had an unfortunate accident riding through that property when you weren't there. If only you had stopped him from riding though, ya big jerk.

redbreegull
11-23-2012, 01:02 PM
Remembering dreams is so weird. I wake up remembering a dream like 2 times a year, and I forget them within 2 hours anyway. :confused:

yeah i have madd dream recall powers

i dont know enough about sleep to say this one way or another but i wonder if i just have poor sleep quality and thus wake up in deep sleep more than most people do, resulting in me remembering my dreams because i'm waking up during REM

I think I heard somewhere that it's related to when in your sleep cycle you awaken. But it might be that you spend more time at the REM stage than other people. Or just that your dreams are more vivid. Or that you just remember them well.

dream recall can easily be strengthened through practice. If you want to remember your dreams, keep a journal of them and write them down always. I used to never remember my dreams... maybe once every few months I would have a dream vivid enough to really remember. My friend told me this would change if I kept a dream journal, and sure enough within maybe two weeks of keeping the journal, I was able to recall dreams most nights. I don't think it has to do with when in your sleep cycle you wake up, but waking up during REM sure makes me tired.

A few nights ago I had a dream that I was climbing a mountain with my two best friends from high school. It was Sugarloaf Mountain, which is about 45 minutes from my house, but the actual places there did not look like the real Sugarloaf. We walked around, smoking mad weed at different points during the hike.

Last night my girlfriend was visiting, and I always have more vivid dreams when there is another body in the bed (this goes for when the dog gets in bed with me also). I dreamt that I went to see the Pumpkins play a show in their early days, but instead of b0lly, my girlfriend was the lead singer/guitarist. The rest of the band was the original lineup, and she was playing the bat sticker guitar. I was in the front row and I was crying because I was so happy.

reprise85
11-23-2012, 07:56 PM
i had a weird fucking dream where i was like a kid sent to some kind of wilderness training or something you know, for bad kids, and we were all split up into like missions... there were nine kids. myself, my friend scott, and one random were some kind of "knights" or something (the good guys), and there were three neutral kids which i forget the name but it their kind of "symbol" was piglet (from winnie the pooh). the "bad/evil" team... i dont remember. they were like witches or something.

so basically the left us all with weapons and we would go through different towns and do stuff and run into adults that would be friendly or unfriendly and sometime other people from the "teams"... it was gorey melee like i killed a bunch of people and so anyway when it was all over the "knights" and the "evil people" we were apparently supposed to kill each other but we made a pact to stand up to the adults (parents) and tell them how fucked up the thing was.

so we went back to the like "starting area" and find out the whole thing was a simulation and some lady starts talking about "how we did" and i say hey lady this was fucked up, and I go "have you ever been raped?" and she goes "yes" and i go so after that, doesn't all sex kinda remind you of rape? and i was trying to show her how the "fake simulated violence" would have a similar reaction in one who has been there before and all of the parents who were there and had sent their kids all got behind that and i was like lady, i'm just some kid, this should have been an obvious bad idea to you. and my parents try to tell me how sorry they are and i say forget it and refuse to talk to them and in my head decide i will never talk to them again

Shallowed
12-19-2012, 05:07 PM
I had a foursome with Bilinda Butcher, Toni Halliday and Rachel Goswell.

noyen
12-19-2012, 05:20 PM
I said I want to meet you
I said I want to fuck you all the time
I said I want to fuck you
I said I want to meet you all the time
I said I want to fuck you all the time

Fuck-fucking on sandy beaches
Kissy-kissing all over your faces
Smack-smacking on my own round races
Suck-sucking where there are no traces

Gee this girl, this girl is swell

You're saying you're better than you look
That would be impossible
For you to look better than the face of God
On a sunny day

Sometimes I feel like I'm on a mission
I'm on a mission to kill myself

Yes, she is my skinhead girl
I'm gonna take her for a whirl
Yes, she is my skinhead girl
Yes, she is whiter than a pearl

redbreegull
12-19-2012, 05:36 PM
In my dream, I wake up in my bed and my mom and dad are talking in the next room about a traumatic experience I have been through. I realize that I only have vague memories of the last few days, and listen as my mother tells my father the tale: Our family was in some other house for some reason and I began to get sick. Something was slowly destroying my immune system, but also was psychologically terrorizing me. After a few days of this deteriorating condition, I got a hunch that my bane was located inside my closet. I open the closet and there discover a dead deer which someone has decapitated and hid there. The carcass has been there for some time and is partially dessicated/mummified. The shock and horror gives me an instant heart attack and I pass out. I am just now awaking from this coma. Feeling better now that I am removed from the deer's evil influence, I am suddenly in my grandparent's backyard in Jersey, swimming in their pool. I am talking animatedly to two girls I knew from college (one who I had a huge crush on) about my recent ordeal. They are very interested. Then I go to shave but somehow all the hair I shave off my face keeps ending up in my mouth.

reprise85
12-19-2012, 06:50 PM
i went back to the trailer i used to live in with my abusive boyfriend and somehow it was still in my name... proposition joe from the wire was trying to force my hand and make me sign it over to him (in real life i signed it over to the boyfriend, just let him have it, and left with nothing but the clothes on my back - literally). then i met all of the bf's old family and stuff. i forgot a lot of details. been weird dreams lately.

oh i also dreamed that my other grandmother died... the one that died when i was 8. like she was alive and died last night. odd.

applepwnz
12-19-2012, 07:22 PM
I dreamt that I was fishing in a man made canal (it was basically a concrete moat around the area where I was standing, about the size of a city block and square in shape). I could see that there weren't any fish in the canal, but I kept fishing anyways, the fast current ended up pulling my line around three corners of the canal, so it became caught when I tried to reel the line in and the whole fishing pole basically fell apart in my hands. I realized that a pretty girl (college student type, I'd rate her a 9 or so) was standing next to me at this point, so I shrugged it off and told her that I was going to have a few beers and asked if she wanted to join me (I was really smooth at this point) and she seemed like she was really feeling me and she said sure. Then I woke up.

reprise85
12-19-2012, 07:30 PM
In my dream, I wake up in my bed and my mom and dad are talking in the next room about a traumatic experience I have been through. I realize that I only have vague memories of the last few days, and listen as my mother tells my father the tale: Our family was in some other house for some reason and I began to get sick. Something was slowly destroying my immune system, but also was psychologically terrorizing me. After a few days of this deteriorating condition, I got a hunch that my bane was located inside my closet. I open the closet and there discover a dead deer which someone has decapitated and hid there. The carcass has been there for some time and is partially dessicated/mummified. The shock and horror gives me an instant heart attack and I pass out. I am just now awaking from this coma. Feeling better now that I am removed from the deer's evil influence, I am suddenly in my grandparent's backyard in Jersey, swimming in their pool. I am talking animatedly to two girls I knew from college (one who I had a huge crush on) about my recent ordeal. They are very interested. Then I go to shave but somehow all the hair I shave off my face keeps ending up in my mouth.

wow

if i were Gossamer i'd have a field day interpreting this dream

but instead i'll just say wow

cocksure
12-20-2012, 06:05 PM
i had a dream this afternoon about two goats smearing my shirt with dirt. then i had to defeat a giant by feeding him a disgusting looking sausage.

slunken
12-20-2012, 11:18 PM
then i had to defeat a giant by feeding him a disgusting looking sausage. :erm:

yo soy el mejor
12-21-2012, 04:17 AM
the other night i dreamed a goat was attempting to walk over me and its little hooves were tickling/hurting me. i was trying to grab onto it's front legs with one hand to stop it. i woke up to realize it was just elsa trying to lay down on me.

yo soy el mejor
12-21-2012, 04:22 AM
and last night i dreamed i was walking at night and a big scary man snatched me and threw me under his arm like a rolled up rug. i was kicking and screaming and even tried to get in the way of an oncoming truck i thought could help me. my kidnapper was almost completely onto the sidewalk at that point and i woke up when the tire of said truck was coming towards my face.

i went back to bed and had a bunch of odd dreams about eating donuts on a schoolbus, sitting in the back of the van thinking about all the room i had to avoid injury lest we wrecked, sitting at a table in a cabin with reprise eating candy canes, peeing in a toilet that was in the middle of a kitchen, and hanging out with some guy in a brown shirt who was kinda sassy, but i think he liked me- through a window i had just seen him killed outside but didn't have the nerve to tell him.

reprise85
12-21-2012, 05:12 AM
mmm candy canes

cocksure
12-21-2012, 09:38 AM
:erm:
i had another dream last night where i'm in this wicker man-like northern german village and this religious loonie woman tries to marry me and there's only one train back to berlin and i keep missing it every day

cocksure
12-21-2012, 09:40 AM
also all of a sudden it was my birthday, we had a party and my grandpa kept shouting at me

slunken
12-21-2012, 12:22 PM
its like the parable of david and goliath only with more anal sex

cocksure
12-21-2012, 01:11 PM
wouldn't call that a parable. also there was no anal sex in my dream. if it was about anything i think it's my subconscious dealing with my vegetarianism

Shallowed
01-14-2013, 11:24 PM
Tonight for dinner, along with minced beef and pasta I have prepared a cheese sauce containing edam, mild, mozzarella, parmesan, brie and feta.

null123
01-15-2013, 01:25 AM
I thought I had deleted all the Skinny Puppy tracks from my Spotify library, something I've been meaning to do for a while, but they're still there and then I realized I actually dreamt that

noyen
01-15-2013, 01:36 AM
why would you want to do that? skinny puppy is like... my favorite thing. :(

null123
01-15-2013, 01:43 AM
I use shuffle play a lot and for the past 6 months or so, every time a Skinny Puppy song comes on I feel soooo irritated and terrible. I used to love them too

slunken
01-15-2013, 01:48 AM
i had a dream that my brother was leading me up this tree, instructing me to climb it. so i did. when i reached the top i saw my brother sitting in a wheelchair and then i fell off the top of the tree. when i hit the ground is when i woke up but when i awoke i realized i had the dream through the eyes of a friend ie - i was not me in the dream

TuralyonW3
01-15-2013, 01:51 AM
i had a creepy dream about a baby...whenever you got close to it's face, its eyes and mouth became reflective discs with blurry edges...vibrating quickly and shifting in and out of reality...woke up in a cold sweat *_*

pavementtune
01-15-2013, 01:56 AM
Are you thinking about starting a family?

Shallowed
01-15-2013, 02:00 AM
i had a creepy dream about a baby...whenever you got close to it's face, its eyes and mouth became reflective discs with blurry edges...vibrating quickly and shifting in and out of reality...woke up in a cold sweat *_*

adjkfbalsdkhas eyes in dreams are weird. I had one the other night where everyone's eyes were the size of ping pong balls, were entirely transluscent brown, and had long and narrow pupils. Strangely it wasn't scary at the time but when I think about it it creeps me the fuck out. At least my dream didn't have any babbys in it.

TuralyonW3
01-15-2013, 02:11 AM
Are you thinking about starting a family?

plan to in a couple years, but the dream was inspired by a short horror story I read last night concerning toddlers (Dan Chaon's "The Bees"...amazing story actually)

http://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/the-bees

Shallowed
01-15-2013, 02:26 AM
Sitting on the face of a hill,
we rolled caffeine tablets
into cigarettes to stay alert.

Listening to Skinny Puppy,
we paint our ceilings black
and tile our bathrooms with mirror shards

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TZO5P9lBuDc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

noyen
01-15-2013, 02:28 AM
i need a cure to nightmares.

noyen
01-15-2013, 02:29 AM
dream catchers are nightmare dealers

Shallowed
01-15-2013, 02:57 AM
I'd do it even if I knew it could only have a placebo effect.

TuralyonW3
01-15-2013, 03:13 AM
I like nightmares, they're like horror movies

Shallowed
01-15-2013, 03:24 AM
I think I'd prefer a horror movie

null123
01-15-2013, 06:38 AM
I got in a car wreck tonight. When I was trying to regain control of the car and saw a concrete wall in front of me I felt like I was dreaming because I usually die like that in my dreams and I thought for sure I was about to die.

reprise85
01-15-2013, 07:04 AM
oh no. are you ok?!

null123
01-15-2013, 06:30 PM
yeah I hit my head and it hurts but no concussion,nothing broken

reprise85
01-16-2013, 05:06 PM
hope you feel better soon, glad you're not hurt

Shallowed
01-16-2013, 05:08 PM
CTR style Go-Karting at my first primary school. Walked to my old neighbours house, smoked weed and ate shrooms with her, and had trippy cuddles.

reprise85
01-16-2013, 05:17 PM
last night i had a dream where it was me, and i was like a 10 year old boy and i had a 10 year old friend who had a chain tied to his leg connected to a huge rock, like the kid could still move by dragging it, but only very slowly. the chain was like, maybe 8 feet long, and painted yellow.

so, we're in this cave, and it's the early 1900s. in the cave there's like my house, and then up several flights (yeah i know that doesn't make sense in a cave but whatever) there's the other kid's house. we go above his house and details are fuzzy but some guy is chasing us and in the midst of it his mom gets alerted somehow and they end up having a collision in cars (yeah i know this doesn't make sense either) and they both die. so we both freak out

then i just decide, well obviously the kid has to live with my mom and me now. so i go down the stairs and talk to my mom wall the kid is taking forever to come downstairs because of the rock chained to his leg. so as i'm trying to explain the kid gets there and just says hey my mom is dead and so we don't even discuss it, he's just part of my family now.

so now i AM the kid, it's been several weeks, and i'm assimilating to the family. there's this soda machine thing (fuzzy syrupy water) and i become thoughtful and talk about how "i bet in a few hundreds of years there will be hundreds of flavors of this fizzy water"... the mom figures out how to cut off the chained rock and so i'm now free of that.

so forward in time a little, we come out of our cave and it's the 1940s and it's WWII and we're in europe i guess because it's the front line. me and the other kid are now like 15 and we're part of the army. every time we see older/higher ranked soldiers we have to stop and salute them.

so there's this ship leaving, and i'm trying to catch it. there's a time limit and out of my whole platoon or whatever, i'm running the slowest (because i'm not used to running because of the stone). there's like a stopwatch now on the "screen" of my dream and the ship that's leaving has a countdown and i keep getting slowed down because i keep running into higher ranked soldiers and having to stop and salute them.

so the ship somehow calculates that i won't make it in time, and locks up. my entire platoon, including the other kid that took me in after my mom died in the car accident, is on there. i DO make it in time, but it doesn't matter, and i just look at the locked doors and know i am finally alone, there is no other mom to take me in. and that's the end of the dream

Shallowed
01-16-2013, 06:34 PM
That was an interesting read.

reprise85
01-16-2013, 08:18 PM
:)

i also had a groundhog day one where i kept reliving the same day over and over and at first i was like 'yo i'm just dreaming' and then after the 6th or 7th time i want to talk about it with the first person i see but i know that will only make her think i'm crazy and then i start thinking "well maybe i am crazy". the day starts with some woman waking me up... opening the door to the room I'm sleeping in and saying some phrase... and i just want to freak out on her

Shallowed
01-16-2013, 08:29 PM
"yo I'm just dreaming"

:rofl:

yo soy el mejor
01-16-2013, 08:33 PM
the other week i had a dream i was leaving out of the country but realized my new passport had my name wrong and a picture of a man in it.

slunken
01-17-2013, 01:04 PM
haha

Order 66
01-17-2013, 01:37 PM
my dreams this past week have this 'feature' where it gives me a warning if i'm sleeping past 7am. like this morning i almost overslept dreaming i was playing with a bunch of cats and some text scrolled by INSUFFICIENT FUNDS STOP NOW and woke up. i think this is the first week i did a solid 40 hrs of work because i came in on time for once