View Full Version : ~PET PEEVES~

???
09-20-2011, 07:37 PM
this is the internet

talk about people/things that piss you off which we can all agree on.

1. "conversation sponges". people who might have a lot in common with you and do not necessarily have an ego, who for all intents and purposes seem like reasonable human beings and who have every reason to reciprocate interest in you, and who are happy to engage in conversation with you, so long as that involves them only responding to your observations/questions about them and never making any in return, even a polite "how about you?/what do you think?" or even trying to keep the conversation alive. these people go straight on my "vacuous cunt" list. it may or may not be a coincidence that these people are usually girls, hipsters, or both.

if you can't feel me on that one, then you are almost certainly one of those people.

your turn, netphoria.

agenda suicide
09-20-2011, 07:55 PM
You sure are posting a lot lately.

exactlythesame
09-20-2011, 07:57 PM
this is the internet

1. "conversation sponges". people who might have a lot in common with you and do not necessarily have an ego, who for all intents and purposes seem like reasonable human beings and who have every reason to reciprocate interest in you, and who are happy to engage in conversation with you, so long as that involves them only responding to your observations/questions about them and never making any in return, even a polite "how about you?/what do you think?" or even trying to keep the conversation alive. these people go straight on my "vacuous cunt" list. it may or may not be a coincidence that these people are usually girls, hipsters, or both.

if you can't feel me on that one, then you are almost certainly one of those people.

your turn, netphoria.

we all enjoy being asked questions about ourselves, but really are you that interesting

Dogfighter28
09-20-2011, 07:58 PM
when you're driving, and people wave you to turn at a stop sign or a green light when you're turning left, or at the mall when they are entering the lot and they dont have a stop sign, and they wave you to go even though they clearly have the right of way and are slowing everyones fucking roll because of their ignorance and misplaced kindness

Dead Frequency
09-20-2011, 07:58 PM
Detractors. Those whom detract from an otherwise positive experience. Take your negative bullshit, write it on a piece of paper and throw that shit away.

And I'm talking like a captain buzzkill, or Debbie downer here. It bothers me when people go out of their way to ruin everyone else's good time.

???
09-20-2011, 08:06 PM
we all enjoy being asked questions about ourselves, but really are you that interesting

apparently not!

???
09-20-2011, 08:12 PM
when you're driving, and people wave you to turn at a stop sign or a green light when you're turning left, or at the mall when they are entering the lot and they dont have a stop sign, and they wave you to go even though they clearly have the right of way and are slowing everyones fucking roll because of their ignorance and misplaced kindness

i know people who've failed their tests for doing that. could be worse though. simple fails for simple folk.

???
09-20-2011, 08:14 PM
You sure are posting a lot lately.

yeah, i know. i haven't consciously decided that i'm "back", but a topic like this seems more appropriate away from facebook, if you know what i mean. i'll add you again if it makes me seem like less of a hypocrite?

agenda suicide
09-20-2011, 08:48 PM
yeah, i know. i haven't consciously decided that i'm "back", but a topic like this seems more appropriate away from facebook, if you know what i mean. i'll add you again if it makes me seem like less of a hypocrite?
You don't know how many hours I spent crying after you deleted me.

Luke de Spa
09-20-2011, 08:53 PM
it was twelve hours. we counted.

???
09-20-2011, 08:53 PM
You don't know how many hours I spent crying after you deleted me.

this thread has helped me put things into perspective. seeing as you are obviously not the kind of person i started this thread to gripe about, i see no reason not to add you again. is this karma?

agenda suicide
09-20-2011, 08:56 PM
Internets karma?

Shallowed
09-21-2011, 02:24 AM
Haterz.

Cool As Ice Cream
09-21-2011, 02:36 AM
thread titles that start and end with a tilde seriously piss me off.

Starla
09-21-2011, 04:25 AM
I dont like it when they don't put a sleeve on my coffee, then i have take an extra step to ask for one, and put it on myself. I dont like having to do it...so it pisses me off when the sleeve isnt on there for me. Also- i dont like it when someone tailgates my ass down the road. But i do enjoy tapping my brakes just to play around with them a little...then i speed up and slow down till they go around me...flipping one another off in the wind as they pass by.

I Ate My Hamster
09-21-2011, 04:58 AM
When women close their eyes right before I cum on their face. I mean, come on, take it like a man,.. or I'll find one.

rottenugly
09-21-2011, 04:59 AM
thread titles that start and end with a tilde seriously piss me off.

rage more, ice cream boy.

Cool As Ice Cream
09-21-2011, 05:04 AM
is it really a pet peeve if everyone agrees on it?
like the one you mentioned, that's a very good reason to get annoyed with people. a bit like saying "i hate it when someone hits me over the head with a hammer". everyone will understand and agree.
aren't pet peeves more quirky typically?

Cool As Ice Cream
09-21-2011, 05:05 AM
rage more, ice cream boy.

***GOD FUCKING DAMMIT WHATS WITH THE TILDES I FUCKING HATE IT***

rottenugly
09-21-2011, 05:06 AM
***GOD FUCKING DAMMIT WHATS WITH THE TILDES I FUCKING HATE IT***

thats it vanilla ice
ninja ninja rap
GO GO GO GO

teh b0lly!!1
09-21-2011, 05:11 AM
it really pisses me off that so few and select people manage to be decent waiters.
whenever i go to a restaurant, 99 percent of the time, the waiters are dorks, talk too much with the obvious guideline of 'hey i'll be your best bud for this evening, please tip me like im an orphaned', come in from out of nowhere to ask you if everything's alright JUST in the middle of a bite, and are nowhere to be found when you want to pick up the check.
it's not that fucking hard to get a natural flow on with people, just a small, friendly conversation with professional overtones. seriously so many waiters get it so fucking wrong.

teh b0lly!!1
09-21-2011, 05:15 AM
OH and don't even get me fucking started on waiters when there's a baby at the table.
it's like they see a 100 dollar bill in a diaper

I Ate My Hamster
09-21-2011, 05:15 AM
it really pisses me off that so few and select people manage to be decent waiters.
whenever i go to a restaurant, 99 percent of the time, the waiters are dorks, talk too much with the obvious guideline of 'hey i'll be your best bud for this evening, please tip me like im an orphaned', come in from out of nowhere to ask you if everything's alright JUST in the middle of a bite, and are nowhere to be found when you want to pick up the check.
it's not that fucking hard to get a natural flow on with people, just a small, friendly conversation with professional overtones. seriously so many waiters get it so fucking wrong.

Reward them appropriately. That's what the system is made to encourage. If they fuck up. Fuck em. You are in control of the situation. Not really a pet peeve.

I Ate My Hamster
09-21-2011, 05:16 AM
OH and don't even get me fucking started on waiters when there's a baby at the table.
it's like they see a 100 dollar bill in a diaper

I believe it's exactly the opposite.

teh b0lly!!1
09-21-2011, 05:21 AM
while that's true, the situation doesn't always allow you to do exactly what you think is right.
tipping nowadays is almost mandatory, and not a token of goodwill for a job well done. most times the people you're dining with won't feel comfortable leaving no tip, regardless of the waiter's performance.

besides, nobody said they have to drop a fucking glass on me in order for it to be considered that 'they fucked up'. the point of my post was that even when they're trying to be nice, its so fake it stinks of greed. very few waiters actually have a way of making you feel comfortable.

I Ate My Hamster
09-21-2011, 05:31 AM
while that's true, the situation doesn't always allow you to do exactly what you think is right.
tipping nowadays is almost mandatory, and not a token of goodwill for a job well done. most times the people you're dining with won't feel comfortable leaving no tip, regardless of the waiter's performance.

besides, nobody said they have to drop a fucking glass on me in order for it to be considered that 'they fucked up'. the point of my post was that even when they're trying to be nice, its so fake it stinks of greed. very few waiters actually have a way of making you feel comfortable.

The only point I have is that you have other options. If you are eating at applebee's, you are going to deal with 19 year old crack whores that have no personal skills what so ever. If they fuck up, they don't deserve a tip. Of course, there is room to cut them slack, yes, they are basically a slave for an hour or two on your dime, so try to be fair with them, but if they can't cut it, lower the tip, then they make no money, and have to find a new job that suites them.. Darwin and free market capitalism all in one!

Dead Frequency
09-21-2011, 05:36 AM
19 year old crackwhores, you say?

I Ate My Hamster
09-21-2011, 05:39 AM
Absolutely.

Dead Frequency
09-21-2011, 05:48 AM
Come on, dude. Crackheads can't keep a job.

agenda suicide
09-21-2011, 11:49 AM
I hate when trucks dart in and out of traffic like they're a tiny smart car. I did that shot when I was in high school and had a truck. It's no surprise when teenagers are shitty drivers, but I grew out of that. What's your excuse, shitty truck driver?

reprise85
09-21-2011, 11:55 AM
Come on, dude. Crackheads can't keep a job.

Sure they can, as long as they only smoke crack afterwards.

Dead Frequency
09-22-2011, 08:23 PM
When you show up to a party late, everyone is wasted, you're stone cold sober and and everyone is hassling you for your beer.. FUCK YOU YOU'VE HAD YOURS LET ME DO A BIT OF CATCH UP AND THEN I WILL CONSIDER IT

Dead Frequency
09-22-2011, 08:27 PM
when people get mad at you because you make fun of Michael Jackson for being a pedo. but he can dance, Ross. FUCK YOU

???
09-22-2011, 08:34 PM
you have weird friends.

Dead Frequency
09-22-2011, 08:37 PM
When people pretend that they have better friends than you THIS ISN'T A FRIENDSHIP CONTEST

???
09-22-2011, 08:56 PM
pfft, this whole forum is a friendship contest.

and i wasn't competing with you btw. i have no friends.

Dead Frequency
09-22-2011, 09:22 PM
It's all good, my friends are a bunch of weird fuckers. Assholes, too.

agenda suicide
09-22-2011, 09:27 PM
pfft, this whole forum is a friendship contest.

and i wasn't competing with you btw. i have no friends.

With your beautiful, long, golden locks? Blasphemy!