View Full Version : Breaking Bad is the greatest show on television.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Byelashes
09-15-2011, 07:15 PM
There should be a thread for this. Why is there no thread for this?

I've been following this show since the first season, but I've really stuck by Walt... until this season. WHAT IS HE THINKING. Oh, wait, he isn't.
I just want to hold Jesse Pinkman and never let go.

Mooney
09-15-2011, 07:20 PM
walter feigning a fugue state while walking naked through a supermarket to avoid an argument with his bitch of a wife was pretty great. silly walter. :)

reprise85
09-15-2011, 07:35 PM
Theory: Walt and/or Jesse or the police kill Gus and become the new meth kingpins.

Banana
09-15-2011, 07:44 PM
First three seasons were fantastic. This current season has kinda sucked though. I've yet to see the latest episode.

Trotskilicious
09-15-2011, 07:57 PM
not as good as entourage huh

The Omega Concern
09-15-2011, 07:57 PM
Walt and Jesse got in a huge brawl in Jesse's house. Epic young kid old man fight where Jesse pulled a decent pro wrestling cheap shot move and ended up pounding him out. But Walt got up and walked out, barely. And that's how the episode ended.

originally posted by reprise85:

Theory: Walt and/or Jesse or the police kill Gus and become the new meth kingpins.

You're prolly right, but I'd like to see an angle where they could have Walt and Gus team up against the cartel first, then have a showdown between the DEA brother-in-law and Gus with Walt stuck in the middle and Jesse a wild card.

Banana
09-15-2011, 07:58 PM
not as good as entourage huh

It's better than Entourage. Entourage was a fun show to watch.

But it's not better than Mad Men.

Trotskilicious
09-15-2011, 08:00 PM
that one girl in that show shore am purty

mxzombie
09-15-2011, 08:01 PM
this show will be ending after the fifth season. i think it was probably a good decision

Trotskilicious
09-15-2011, 08:02 PM
the wire has five seasons

and it's the best show of AWL TIME

mxzombie
09-15-2011, 08:03 PM
omg connection

wHATcOLOR
09-15-2011, 08:28 PM
i watched the first season last weekend. i liked it a lot, waiting for season 2 to arrive

Order 66
09-15-2011, 09:38 PM
if not for mad men or the wire i would say it is hands down the best show of its era or decade or whatever. the storytelling is more akin to a novel than a tv show or miniseries. i notice a few contrivances here and there but the quality overshadows most if not all of my gripes

Order 66
09-15-2011, 09:51 PM
since breaking bad was brought up i feel the need to post this. gets me every time

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CtZpo89mmJo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

PkPhuoko
09-15-2011, 10:25 PM
the wire is on a level we need to stop using as a comparison. It will be another decade before anything touches the wire.

Back to breaking bad... I've felt for most of this season that Jesse is going to be killed by Walt at some point.

The easy line to connect over the course of the show is the Vic Mackey ending where Walt loses his family and is alone and miserable and forced to live shit out with absolutely no control... ie hell on earth for him.

He's gotta end up dead or in prison just how he gets there. At the hands of the cartel? At the hands of his brother in law? Is he the only one not to 'break bad' and stays honest and arrests walt?

redbull
09-15-2011, 10:37 PM
how great would it be if walt dies of cancer at the end of season 5

Byelashes
09-16-2011, 06:05 AM
Walt will die; Vince Gilligan already said so.

scottytheoneand
09-16-2011, 07:22 AM
banana, you watch so much TV you must be one of those 800 lb people who can't leave his welfare hotel room. Either that, or you watch two or three shows simultaneously. What shows do you NOT watch?

killtrocity
09-16-2011, 07:27 AM
I've felt for most of this season that Jesse is going to be killed by Walt at some point.

I could see this happening. Walt has been a total bitch for the entire season and it's time for his character to take the next step.

Order 66
09-16-2011, 08:24 AM
i think when you whittle it all down the show is about jesse and walt's relationship. so when either of them goes down it will be the end of the show imo

Byelashes
09-16-2011, 06:34 PM
Walt has been a total bitch for the entire season and it's time for his character to take the next step.
Yeah, I'm waiting for this.

And, as much as I really love this show, I am also glad it is only going to be 5 seasons. I'm glad the writers knew it would end before it started. That means it won't disappoint (like fucking Lost). But I disagree that this season sucks. I think this season is pretty intense. I cannot imagine or even begin to guess what they are going to do as a season finale. It's probably different for someone who's been there since the beginning, though.

The last season of Mad Men annoyed the shit out of me. And the next season needs to be here already. AMC does good things, I agree. AMC has my seal of approval.

PkPhuoko
09-16-2011, 06:52 PM
i think when you whittle it all down the show is about jesse and walt's relationship. so when either of them goes down it will be the end of the show imo

well they already said next season is the last season.

They will finish the summer/fall session (3 episdoes left i think) and then when they come back there will be 16 more episodes. So i think that means we've got just around 20 episodes remaining in the series.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/08/14/breaking-bad-final-season/

Breaking Bad is getting its renewal — for a final season.

AMC has picked up 16 episodes to conclude series. That will bring the award-winning show to a close sometime either next year or in 2013 — depending on how the network and AMC and Sony decide to divvy up the final hours, whether they split them into two more shortened seasons or one (Bad usually runs 13 episodes per season).

“It’s a funny irony — I’d hate to know the date of my own last day on earth, but I’m delighted to know what Walter White’s will be (episodically speaking),” Vince Gilligan said. “This is a great gift to me and to my wonderful writers. It’s knowledge which will allow us to properly build our story to a satisfying conclusion.” Gilligan then added:

“Now, if we don’t manage to pull that off, we’ve got no one to blame but ourselves. Breaking Bad has been a dream job these past four years. Working with the best cast and crew in television has no doubt spoiled me for future projects. I’m lucky to get to work with them on sixteen more episodes, and I will always be grateful to both AMC and Sony Television, who from the beginning, believed in our show and supported me creatively and professionally. We have been able to take risks with ‘Breaking Bad’ which would not have been possible on other networks.”

The deal comes after S0ny shopped around the Breaking Bad to other networks during a tough negotiation period. Breaking Bad and AMC’S breakout hit The Walking Dead have faced some belt tightening in recent months despite strong ratings, with some industry insiders accusing the network’s deal with the showrunner and cast of the acclaimed Mad Men as having zapped the coffers. At any rate, this deal keeps Breaking Bad on AMC, plus gives creator Vince Gilligan plenty of time to give what many consider to be the best drama on TV a creatively satisfying finale.

killtrocity
09-17-2011, 12:45 AM
Yeah, I'm waiting for this.

And, as much as I really love this show, I am also glad it is only going to be 5 seasons. I'm glad the writers knew it would end before it started. That means it won't disappoint (like fucking Lost). agreed... all I think when people talk about Weeds and Dexter and even It's Always Sunny at this point is "that's still on?" although Weeds has always been a piece of shit and I hate when I try to talk about BB and the other person says "ohh have you seen Weeds or Dexter?". Yeah I've seen them both and I'm not at all interested

But I disagree that this season sucks. I think this season is pretty intense. I cannot imagine or even begin to guess what they are going to do as a season finale. It's probably different for someone who's been there since the beginning, though.
I was just talking with a friend about this... depending on how this season closes out (and with 4 episodes to go that's plenty of time) this could be my favorite season yet.

My friend thinks season 3 and 4 have been boring -- he likes ATM head crushing, walt blowing shit up, tuco, etc.. which was awesome, but what's really become the main point of the story is the character development,

the impact of Skyler telling Walt "someone has to protect this family from the man who protects this family"... of Walt buying a gun and preparing to shoot a man in the face, although it is awkward and embarrassingly futile...

in regards to Walt's character progression, that he is willing to shoot a man in the face is momentous when you look at Walt's character five episodes prior in season 3, as he sits impotently, submissively across a table from Jesse as Gus berates him for planning to poison his child-killing employee...

Walt tearing down Jesse for "not having the guts" to kill someone when he's spent all 9 episodes of this season trying to recover from what happened to him the last time he had the guts to do what Walt told him to do

which is of course what it all comes back to, the relationship between Jesse and Walt. Jesse just wants some shred of approval or positive reinforcement (he never got any from his own parents) from his mentor / father figure which becomes less and less likely as Walt becomes increasingly self absorbed and fixated on his own survival (his focus has become less and less on his family and more on himself... in season 3 "I fear for my family".... in season 4 "It's all about me")

and of course Gus realizes this, he realizes that Jesse "does what Walt tells him to", that beneath the father/son relationship there has always been a power differential in which Walt is the corrupting factor, the one convincing Jesse to pull the trigger, to do badder and badder shit because it serves Walt's interests.

Gus sees the resentment in Jesse, he sees Jesse second guessing himself, struggling with where his life with Walt has led him, knowing that he should be running away screaming from this guy, but he never runs away because he so desperately wants that fatherly approval...

and Gus manipulates them both, scaring the shit out of Walter by spilling Victor's blood all over him, placing cameras where he knows Walter can see them, bringing Jesse into his inner circle as Walt is left alone and paranoid with his own thoughts of the homicidal Gus and mistrust of everyone around him... it brings out the worst in Walt. who has already brought out the worst in Jesse by making him kill an innocent man.

so yeah, this season is fucking awesome, coming from someone who's been there from season 1

Banana
09-17-2011, 01:26 AM
i watched the first season last weekend. i liked it a lot, waiting for season 2 to arrive

2nd season is fantastic. I love the girl that's introduced in the 2nd season.

Byelashes
09-17-2011, 07:24 AM
"Someone has to protect this family from the man who protects this family," was the greatest moment in Skyler history. She has totally redeemed herself for me.

The character development in this show is what keeps me watching. I mean, there's still a fuckton of violence and action (that guy getting fucking sniped right in front of Jesse, and Gus walking into all those bullets?!), but that's not the focus of the show and I'd argue that it's never been. For me, it's always been, "How far would a man go when he realises he's dying," to, "What does he do when he doesn't die?" And that's intense and it's going to have to reveal a lot about Walt and the people in his life as everything plays out pretty much exactly the opposite of what he expected.

I'm in love with this show.

Mooney
09-17-2011, 07:59 AM
skylar is easily the worst part of the show. not necessarily the character, either. the actress.

killtrocity
09-18-2011, 11:15 PM
banana, there is no way you didn't like tonight's episode

pale blue eyes
09-19-2011, 07:17 AM
skylar is easily the worst part of the show. not necessarily the character, either. the actress.

I have never been able to get past the name to be honest. Sounds like a name that nobody over their teens should have.

Last night's episode was awesome. About time Gus lost his cool.

reprise85
09-19-2011, 09:00 AM
Yeah, great episode.

Eulogy
09-19-2011, 09:08 AM
i think skyler gets more shit than she deserves. yeah she was annoying for a while but now that she's basically made the turn with walt i think she's a much better character. her ploy to get the car wash was pretty coll i thought.

redbull
09-19-2011, 12:37 PM
yeah last night was AWESOME

Banana
09-19-2011, 12:39 PM
banana, there is no way you didn't like tonight's episode

Yeah, last nights episode was pretty epic.

And yes, Skyler is god awful. I hope she's killed off before the show ends. And Eulogy is completely wrong because Skyler just keeps getting worse and worse.

reprise85
09-19-2011, 12:45 PM
So can we post spoilers in this thread?

PkPhuoko
09-19-2011, 12:56 PM
Dexter:Rita
BB:Skylar

cannot stand that bitch and i fast forward anytime i see her dumb fucking face on the screen

Jesse Pinkman is a don.... badman

Banana
09-19-2011, 12:58 PM
LOL @ Rita being the bad one in Dexter. Debra is one of the all time worst characters. I think it's mostly the actress though. Always, every god damn scene, acts like she's on the brink of tears. So god damn annoying, just a terrible actress and a terrible character.

reprise85
09-19-2011, 01:10 PM
Debra and Rita are both terrible. So is almost everyone besides Dexter and some of the bad guys.

Skylar is not nearly as shitty but still weak.

Gossamer
09-19-2011, 03:25 PM
last nights episode redeemed the season for me, it had really started to lose it imo.

The Omega Concern
09-19-2011, 05:08 PM
They ate the worm didn't they.

killtrocity
09-19-2011, 07:58 PM
still cannot get over the irony of

spoilers

Gus poisoning himself after Walt has been trying to get Jesse to poison him for 5 episodes

redbull
09-19-2011, 10:51 PM
skylar is finally turning into an interesting character as of this season, you dolts

killtrocity
09-20-2011, 12:04 AM
yeah I agree dude.. especially the whole ted storyline. you know that is not going to end well

lala
09-20-2011, 12:44 AM
skylar is OK, she is not as bad as the chick from boardwalk empire. that chick sucks

http://mafialifeblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/boardwalk-empire.jpg

Order 66
09-20-2011, 12:45 AM
hate to go off topic too much but i have to say dexter's debra is truly terrible. terribly acted. terrible character. i feel horrible for her poor sap 'romantic interests' they shoehorn into every season. what a trainwreck

skyler was horrible at first but now she's not so bad. its hank's wife that's horrible. my friend asked me the other day if this was the last season of breaking bad and i told him yeah but they're making a spinoff based on hank's wife. he thought i was being serious. the look on his face... oh man

PkPhuoko
09-20-2011, 07:28 AM
I cheered when Rita died.... at least debras character is involved in the portions of dexter we care about.

Rita was like throwing up an emergency brake every time she showed up on screen.

lala
09-20-2011, 08:31 AM
i like all the cast members. saul gets my vote for the best one

reprise85
09-25-2011, 10:03 PM
what the fuuck

Eulogy
09-25-2011, 10:04 PM
holy shit

this is getting insane

i have NO idea how there is going to be a season 5 at this point

Ol' Couch Ass
09-25-2011, 10:30 PM
Jesus Walt seems to have lost his mind. How much money do we estimate that he's made to this point? Most of it wrapped up in the car wash (other than the IRS cash)?

killtrocity
09-25-2011, 11:17 PM
so the deal was 15 mil a year.. half of that is Jesse's..

7.5 mil a year.. and it's been like a few months since that deal maybe? I believe he said like 267,000 every 2 weeks..

so that's like a few million?

800k for the car wash (+ whatever they had to pay saul to arrange that whole thing)

Hank's therapy and medical bills.. no idea how much that is but it is a shit load

the Charger Walt blew up and however much Saul charged him to get rid of it was like 60k +

600k for Ted..

not to mention daily expenses, whatever Walt payed for his place, cancer screenings/treatment, jr's PT cruiser... I suppose they really would be down to less than 500k at this point

oh and also they are losing money on the car wash, not even turning a profit so that probably adds up real quick

Order 66
09-26-2011, 12:38 AM
i would've tapped out at 500k. ah drug dealer movies/shows always have me thinking that

anyway, hank is pretty much a goner imo. or at least his wife is.

wake me up till next june or whenever season 5 starts. *goes into coma

Banana
09-26-2011, 01:03 AM
skylar is OK, she is not as bad as the chick from boardwalk empire. that chick sucks

http://mafialifeblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/boardwalk-empire.jpg

What the fuck are you talking about? She is awesome on boardwalk empire.

Anyway, great new episode. Hopefully skylar ends up getting killed.

lala
09-26-2011, 06:24 AM
oh yeah baby

Eulogy
09-26-2011, 06:44 AM
yeah I agree dude.. especially the whole ted storyline. you know that is not going to end well

heh heh heh heh

reprise85
09-26-2011, 09:08 AM
holy shit

this is getting insane

i have NO idea how there is going to be a season 5 at this point

Maybe season 5 will consist of everyone Walt's ever been close to being murdered.

Seriously I dunno how he gets out of this to be the main focus of season 5.

reprise85
09-26-2011, 09:10 AM
This season has completely redeemed itself with the last two or three episodes.

yo soy el mejor
09-26-2011, 10:11 AM
i saw one episode with tim but i don't remember much. @_@

i asked lots of questions.

PkPhuoko
09-26-2011, 10:52 AM
you guys do realize there are 2 more episodes left in this season? Some of you talking like last night was season finale.

Order 66
09-26-2011, 11:07 AM
really? hrmm

well thats good news i guess

Eulogy
09-26-2011, 11:22 AM
you guys do realize there are 2 more episodes left in this season? Some of you talking like last night was season finale.

yeah i know that

but i'm saying... there has to be a place to go in these last two episodes. and once they get there.... how is there a season's worth of stuff to get through?

i'm excited to find out

pale blue eyes
09-26-2011, 11:42 AM
I loved how at the end everything seemed to go to crap at once and then with Walt just cackling over it all. Holy shit. This is one of the only shows that I sometimes have no idea what to expect and I love that.

Netphorian Gadabout
09-26-2011, 12:36 PM
I still think Jesse is poisoning someone to death before the end of the season. We haven't seen the lucky cigarette in a few episodes, which is just enough to make its reemergence "surprising." That thing is like the proverbial "gun in the first act," its a stone cold lock its fired by the middle of the third act.

Banana
09-26-2011, 01:29 PM
Hanks dead, that is happening.

I also hope Skyler gets the ax, that would be amazing. She really deserves it.

redbull
09-26-2011, 01:33 PM
hank is clearly dead -- he wears a lot of orange (godfather), and keeps referencing movies where the cop dies at the end (french connection etc)

killtrocity
09-26-2011, 04:10 PM
I hope Hank finds out before he dies..

so did Ted seriously kill himself by running into a wall? hahaha

and what's up with this vacuum cleaner guy, is he a character we have seen already?

redbull
09-26-2011, 04:44 PM
and what's up with this vacuum cleaner guy, is he a character we have seen already?
don't think so

probably one of mike's contacts

paranoid
09-26-2011, 04:50 PM
I hope Hank finds out before he dies..

There was an episode last season where Saul was telling Walter that in case of emergent situations, he had a guy who could act as a hit man, or a guy that could make Walter 'disappear.' This vacuum dude is that guy.

also i lold at ted's death.

reprise85
09-26-2011, 05:04 PM
I still think Jesse is poisoning someone to death before the end of the season. We haven't seen the lucky cigarette in a few episodes, which is just enough to make its reemergence "surprising." That thing is like the proverbial "gun in the first act," its a stone cold lock its fired by the middle of the third act.

good point.

reprise85
09-26-2011, 05:07 PM
I loved how at the end everything seemed to go to crap at once and then with Walt just cackling over it all. Holy shit. This is one of the only shows that I sometimes have no idea what to expect and I love that.

This season started off slow but they did really build it up for a great second half.

killtrocity
09-26-2011, 05:25 PM
don't think so

probably one of mike's contacts

I was thinking it might be someone in the police department or DEA, maybe even the same person who changed Gustavo's identity after he left Chile

hnibos
09-26-2011, 05:26 PM
omgomgomgomgomgomg

Netphorian Gadabout
09-26-2011, 05:29 PM

Stolen from Twin Peaks lol.

Eulogy
09-26-2011, 05:38 PM
anyone think Walt's only move is to kill Jesse now?

reprise85
09-26-2011, 05:57 PM
it's too late imo

Eulogy
09-26-2011, 06:04 PM
how? if he does it quick enough, there's still no one else to cook.

but at this point i'm not sure gus wouldn't just kill him anyway and find someone else.

Dead Frequency
09-26-2011, 06:09 PM
I'm late to the party. I just saw the first episode. Seems pretty cool

Eulogy
09-26-2011, 06:22 PM
dude don't read this thread then

PkPhuoko
09-26-2011, 06:27 PM
still think gus dies this season. Maybe mike does it out of loyalty to jesse or some shit?

Or jesse finally poisons him after he finds out Gus is going after walt because of the dea thing

reprise85
09-26-2011, 06:38 PM
how? if he does it quick enough, there's still no one else to cook.

but at this point i'm not sure gus wouldn't just kill him anyway and find someone else.

You just answered your own question.

Order 66
09-26-2011, 06:39 PM
my uncle works at amc and he says all of the characters die off except sklyar and hank's wife and season 5 will be all about them

reprise85
09-26-2011, 06:46 PM
do they become lesbian lovers?

Order 66
09-26-2011, 06:51 PM
no its still kind of scandalous. it starts to become about shoplifting. skylar gets into that too. and theres this subplot about ted. he survives but with extensive nerve damage and he needs to learn to walk again. and walt jr.'s PT cruiser plays a role somehow i'm not sure how exactly

i know alot of people will bitch but i think its a fresh direction for the show

PkPhuoko
09-26-2011, 08:03 PM
http://www.kylehilton.com/GusFringBB.jpg

Netphorian Gadabout
09-26-2011, 08:12 PM
my uncle works at amc and he says all of the characters die off except sklyar and hank's wife and season 5 will be all about them

no its still kind of scandalous. it starts to become about shoplifting. skylar gets into that too. and theres this subplot about ted. he survives but with extensive nerve damage and he needs to learn to walk again. and walt jr.'s PT cruiser plays a role somehow i'm not sure how exactly

i know alot of people will bitch but i think its a fresh direction for the show

I literally lol'ed at this. Well played.

Gossamer
09-26-2011, 08:13 PM
so incredible

Dead Frequency
09-26-2011, 09:53 PM
dude don't read this thread then

Lol, too late! I will say that after watching the pilot episode I want to get up to date as soon as possible. I can't stop thinking about it. That scene when his boy is getting clowned on and he leaves, comes back and busters the dude out ... I was like "fuck yeah!" The acting is pretty solid, for sure.

MusicMan4
09-28-2011, 02:09 PM
just finished the third season
i like it a ton but the characters are getting too frustrating
the plane crash was one of the dumbest plots i can think of and the teddy bear being the only thing in color during those openings was awful, it sucked in schindlers list and filmmakers need to never do that again
tucos cousins were stupid and shouldnt have been in this show at all
thats not really what i was looking for in this show
some terminator caricatures
of course they walk away from an explosion and don't flinch
saul goodman is the best part of the show whenever hes on
these are my free flowing thoughts

killtrocity
09-28-2011, 04:19 PM
I kind of agree with everything except the plane crash, that was absolutely brilliant on so many levels. Season 3 was definitely my least favorite...

The thing about the plane crash is that it's been built up for the entire season, and I don't know about you but when I see a pink teddy bear I am thinking of a small child, probably a little girl. And the fact that this occurs at Walt's house draws a correlation between a burnt pink teddy bear and Walt's family. The bear is a symbol for an innocent life being damaged or lost. So the entire season, I was thinking "something awful is going to happen to Walt's family, probably his baby girl" (at least after she's born, but that's the beauty of the writing is that your expectations are intentionally pushed in the wrong direction as the season progresses).

It's only in the final moments of the season that you realize you've missed the entire point and in fact have been thinking exactly the same way as Walter: "Walter's family and their safety are all that matter". The consequences of his actions suddenly become clear and the point of the whole season is brilliant illustrated: Walt has been trying desperately to get what he wants, to protect his own family, to secure their well-being after he is gone, and in doing so he has neglected the well being of everybody negatively affected by his actions - Jesse, Hank, Jane and her father, but most importantly demonstrated by the plane crash are the people he has never even met- the meth heads whose addiction is fueled by Walter's actions, and of course the victims of the plane crash.

The plane crash is both a symbolic and literal reminder of all the pain Walt has caused to those around him. The eye from the teddy bear that has appeared in season 3 and 4 is a reminder of the innocent blood spilled by Walter's actions, blood that has yet to be repaid...

MusicMan4
09-29-2011, 07:18 AM
i'm not looking for symbolism if it involves that many coincidences and leaps of faith
two planes guided by the father of of the girl walt lets die crash right over his house
i mean for some reason i didnt have a problem with danny trejos decapitated head being on top of a turtle with a bomb wired to it but i like this show a lot more when it appears to be taking place in the same universe i live in
plus i mean it was his goddamn house everyone would have been assuming the bear was his girls either without making it pink or not making everything else black and white

killtrocity
09-29-2011, 10:36 AM
I know it's a pretty unrealistic plot point...
but the colors in the show are consciously chosen by the creators for specific reasons, and pink is a pretty blatant one

Eulogy
10-02-2011, 08:52 PM
8 minutes! ahh!

killtrocity
10-02-2011, 11:17 PM
Once again and possibly for the last time, Gus underestimates the father-son bond between Walter and Jesse

Order 66
10-03-2011, 01:52 AM
glad to see they're fading this show out at a nice pace. problem with most shows is they try and cram too many plotlines into the last season and there's no breathing room for character development to come full circle. but here it seems there's not many more directions to go, so there should be enough time for everything to be wrapped up nicely.

Eulogy
10-03-2011, 06:43 AM
is there any explanation at all for gus not walking to his car?

smashingjj
10-03-2011, 09:19 AM
he must have seen sum'n suspicious.

Order 66
10-03-2011, 11:14 AM
he's gus. he knows these things

reprise85
10-03-2011, 11:26 AM
I think Walt poisoned the kid (or someone else besides Gus), and the reason Gus stopped is because Jesse inadvertently tipped him off that he thought Gus did it (mentioning poisoning), and he smelled something fishy.

Would be a great scheme for Walt to get Jesse back on his side.

Maybe?

reprise85
10-03-2011, 11:40 AM
It's kinda far fetched that ANYONE took it out of his pack, so I hope there's a good explanation as to how.

Banana
10-03-2011, 11:44 AM
Last nights episode was just silly. 2 great episodes have been followed by one that goes a little over board with the ridiculous conclusions that the characters are supposed to leap to.

reprise85
10-03-2011, 11:44 AM
Plus maybe the kid just took it from his pack and tried to smoke it? There must be some obvious explanation how this isn't possible because it seems like the most obvious answer.

Banana
10-03-2011, 11:46 AM
I think the obvious explanation would be that it was in a glass vial so the kid smoking the cigarette with it in there wouldn't do anything since it was inside glass.

reprise85
10-03-2011, 12:07 PM
Oh, I guess I forgot it was in glass - I don't remember that. I thought it was just wrapped up or something, my bad.

Netphorian Gadabout
10-03-2011, 12:47 PM
I really didn't care for last nights episode. The whole how-the-kid-got-poisoned thing seemed ridiculous. If they go with any possibility any character floated, then its a ridiculous plot twist, which is not what Breaking Bad's about. Hopefully we get an explanation in the finale, and its some as-to-yet not thrown out there explanation.

Also, neither Walt nor Jesse acted at all within their character. I don't want to get into three pages about it, but no one's responses were at all in line with what we've been taught to believe they'd act like over 3++ seasons. And Gus magically knowing there was something up with the car also seems contrived, unless its explained better. For the first time in the history of the show, it felt like wild plot twists that seemed unlikely were thrown against the wall to see what sticks. If they come back in the finale and explain some things, well then ok, all is forgiven except Jesse's wildly out-of-character actions, but I have a bad feeling we're supposed to just accept all that at face value which is kinda :erm:

reprise85
10-03-2011, 03:22 PM
Did anyone official (doctor/nurse) even confirm he was poisoned? Don't you think the FBI and shit would be there if they suspected or confirmed ricin poisoning?

killtrocity
10-03-2011, 04:07 PM
As soon as Andrea said Brock had "gotten the flu" and was getting worse, I thought Gus had poisoned him...

the more I think about it though, I really think Walt might have done it... the ultimate result was to turn Jesse against Gus, and he is way too smart to try something stupid like this. Killing kids is what started all of this animosity... Gus knows it and Walt knows it. Jesse was already quite close to allowing Walt to die.

Scenario B, which at first seems flat out stupid: Walt poisoned Brock. Walt knows he can easily make it seem like Gus did it, thus turning Jesse back to his side. My reaction at first was that Walt could never poison a child and Jesse is jumping to stupid conclusions. Imagine when we learn that Walter is not only as cold and calculating as Gus, but now equally ruthless.

If Gus actually poisoned Brock I will be fairly disappointed in the writers for once. Walter is not a good man. He is a murderer.

killtrocity
10-03-2011, 04:47 PM
Gus did not know what the hell was going on with Brock. When Jesse confronts him, his eyes don't flutter like they always do when he's taken aback or confronted directly. Gus is genuinely in the dark. He figures Walt is behind it when he's in the garage.

killtrocity
10-03-2011, 05:13 PM
http://i52.tinypic.com/2lkbgnc.png

This plant is called "White Monkshood" and it's poisonous

Also, watch the scene where Huell pats down Jesse. He touches his breast pocket (the place where most people store their smokes) and then immediately goes into Jesse's pockets about 5 times and then PUTS SOMETHING IN HIS POCKET

Order 66
10-03-2011, 05:18 PM
i dunno, i walked away from the episode thinking gus just showed a good poker face and he really did it. but if not then i guess brock just got into the poison by accident .

the only gripe i have is i think gus wouldve killed at least one of walt, jesse or hank by now. that would've fit his M.O. better.

killtrocity
10-03-2011, 07:43 PM
same dude, read this though:
http://blogs.amctv.com/breaking-bad/talk/2011/10/chekhovs-gun-po-1.php

Netphorian Gadabout
10-03-2011, 08:26 PM
^^ Whoa. Hugely informative, but I kinda wish I hadn't read that because if that theory is true (which seems likely) then I think the season finale just got spoiled for me.

Eulogy
10-03-2011, 08:37 PM
I mean it makes plenty of sense. I had entertained the idea, then thought they wouldn't make Walt sink to that level yet, then thought maybe they would based on Gus maybe figuring something was up in the parking garage.... then figured i'd just roll with it and see what happened.

but the whole point of the show is to make us turn on walt. but this does seem a little early. although it might be kinda fun to have a whole season of a show with a main character that repulses us.

iiiii dunno.

Banana
10-03-2011, 08:38 PM
same dude, read this though:
http://blogs.amctv.com/breaking-bad/talk/2011/10/chekhovs-gun-po-1.php

What disappoints me with this is the what I like to call the Lost effect. It used to be the Matrix effect because the same thing happened with that but much more so with Lost than the Matrix so I now call it the Lost effect. Basically it's where a theory is presented that is good and actually is a good result of some shady things that lead to these theories when in fact when it's all said and down what actually happens is a very much weaker and incoherent idea in comparison to the theories.

I'll be extremely disappointed if Gus ended up poisoning the kid instead of Walt.

And if Walt did do it then I think it's clear that Jesse will then eventually find out and kill Walt in the final episode of the series next season as Jesse comes full circle as finally transforming in a quality person, in as much of a sense of that definition as it can be for someone who has killed and produced meth, by taking out Walt who will at that point become an out of control drug lord.

Dead Frequency
10-03-2011, 09:00 PM
Man, I started watching this show from season 1 last week and am currently mostly through with season 2. That being said this show seems to be terrible things piling up on terrible things. Jesus, crack a joke every once in a while. TALK ABOUT SOMBER

Netphorian Gadabout
10-03-2011, 09:02 PM
The funny thing about the whole Walts Gun is a Chekov's Gun idea, is I directly mentioned the idea of a Chekov's Gun last week on here...

...and I still completely missed the symbolism in the latest episode until killtrocity's link. :beatup:

Netphorian Gadabout
10-03-2011, 09:04 PM
but the whole point of the show is to make us turn on walt. but this does seem a little early. although it might be kinda fun to have a whole season of a show with a main character that repulses us.

Walt hasn't started to repulse you by now? I've been there awhile.

Banana
10-03-2011, 09:15 PM
The only thing repulsive about Walt is that he hasn't gone about the route of completely screwing over Skyler. When she was fucking her boss he should have just started making cold hearted moves to take her out of the picture and set up son and daughter up for a financially safe life. Instead he kept her around and she fucked them over like that annoying character was destined to do. Otherwise Walt is just doing what anyone else would do in survival mode.

killtrocity
10-03-2011, 09:36 PM
The funny thing about the whole Walts Gun is a Chekov's Gun idea, is I directly mentioned the idea of a Chekov's Gun last week on here...

...and I still completely missed the symbolism in the latest episode until killtrocity's link. :beatup:

heh, I knew that concept sounded familiar. Nice call :cool:

What disappoints me with this is the what I like to call the Lost effect. It used to be the Matrix effect because the same thing happened with that but much more so with Lost than the Matrix so I now call it the Lost effect. Basically it's where a theory is presented that is good and actually is a good result of some shady things that lead to these theories when in fact when it's all said and down what actually happens is a very much weaker and incoherent idea in comparison to the theories.

I'll be extremely disappointed if Gus ended up poisoning the kid instead of Walt.

And if Walt did do it then I think it's clear that Jesse will then eventually find out and kill Walt in the final episode of the series next season as Jesse comes full circle as finally transforming in a quality person, in as much of a sense of that definition as it can be for someone who has killed and produced meth, by taking out Walt who will at that point become an out of control drug lord.

I actually agree with you, dude. And honestly I think Vince Gilligan is a better writer than Larry and Andy Wachowski (Revolutions was the most disappointing film I have ever seen)

Giancarlo Esposito's comments on the parking garage scene are very interesting:
<param name="movie" value="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" /><param name="flashVars" value="videoId=1196039672001&linkBaseURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amctv.com%2Fbreaking-bad%2Fvideos%2Finside-breaking-bad-episode-412-end-times&playerID=83327935001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAAAuyCbQ~,-gfAmfm8njJ8S-9E4q2UfzG931rvkxuP&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" /><param name="base" value="http://admin.brightcove.com" /><param name="seamlesstabbing" value="false" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="swLiveConnect" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=1196039672001&linkBaseURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amctv.com%2Fbreaking-bad%2Fvideos%2Finside-breaking-bad-episode-412-end-times&playerID=83327935001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAAAuyCbQ~,-gfAmfm8njJ8S-9E4q2UfzG931rvkxuP&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="456" height="388" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" swLiveConnect="true" allowScriptAccess="always" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object>
Ambiguous so as not to give anything away, but he seems to suggest that Gus did not know anything about the poisoning.

Eulogy
10-03-2011, 09:38 PM
Walt hasn't started to repulse you by now? I've been there awhile.

I mean I guess Jane and Gale's deaths were bad.... but I'm still mostly rooting for him to find a way out. And really, with Gale, he had no other option aside from being killed himself and I mean... y'know.

I think I'll end up having to jump ship pretty soon though.

Order 66
10-03-2011, 09:54 PM
as low as walt's gone i don't think he's going to start poisoning kids or anything. he may even end up killing jesse but i think it will be out of necessity like with gale. the writers try to fuck with you but i don't think walt or jesse will ever be truly 'evil' at their core. that's just not a trigger i think they could pull

Eulogy
10-03-2011, 09:55 PM
as low as walt's gone i don't think he's going to start poisoning kids or anything. he may even end up killing jesse but i think it will be out of necessity like with gale. the writers try to fuck with you but i don't think walt or jesse will ever be truly 'evil' at their core. that's just not a trigger i think they could pull

the creator has already said that that's what's going to happen with walt

Netphorian Gadabout
10-03-2011, 09:58 PM
he may even end up killing jesse but i think it will be out of necessity like with gale. the writers try to fuck with you but i don't think walt or jesse will ever be truly 'evil' at their core.

WUT? Have you even been watching this show? :erm:

Order 66
10-03-2011, 10:18 PM
WUT? Have you even been watching this show? :erm:

the show is in the archetype of a protagonist who makes a faustian deal. his morals were compromised but in the end walt and jesse did what they did based on their best intentions for each other and for the people they care about. i admit gale is kind of a stretch because walt was saving his own ass but you could argue he wasn't ready to leave his family on their own yet

as low and pathetic and desperate as they've gone i don't see them reaching gus-level diabolism, and if they did i'd be kind of pissed because i'd find it inconsistent with their core personalities. but hey, who knows. and at the end of the day, its just a tv show so whatevs

killtrocity
10-03-2011, 10:41 PM
That's the thing, I think Walt has to surpass Gus's level of diabolism... and what exactly is Walter's core personality? The dude standing in the road in his underwear? The guy who executes gangbangers? The guy who makes his brother in law believe that his wife is mortally injured? This is also a show about how far people will go under the right circumstances... I can see Walt killing a kid to protect his own kids. Jane was someone's kid. Walt is the one who knocks...

edit: one last thing folks, Vince Gilligan himself directed both End Times and the final episode which adds a sense of deliberation to scenes which might otherwise seem ambiguous
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/End_Times_%28Breaking_Bad%29

edit #2:http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/index.php?showtopic=3208719&pid=14386557&st=285&#entry14386557
The only thing I would add that I don't think anyone has mentioned yet is VG's comments in interviews regarding narrative. I've seen/read/heard at least a couple of interviews (or maybe it was in the podcasts, sorry about how vague this is) that he enjoys the fact that for long stretches of episodes Walt will be a step behind the audience in knowing what's going on, ie we know more than he does, and that there'll then be a turn in the narrative where suddenly Walt knows more than us. It's useful as a way of positioning Walt in the food chain of the show.

It seems to me that they've been doing this all season. From episode two or three when the camera in the lab was introduced it was obvious that this was going to be a season where Walt was continually taken down a notch after having his awesome Heisenberg moment in the season three finale. Walt knew nothing about the cartel, didn't know what Jesse was taken out to the desert for, etc etc. So there was going to come a time in these last few episodes where the tables turned.

The explanation that Gus did it is the most bothersome to me. It doesn't make sense, it made me dislike the episode on first viewing, and Giancarlo Esposito's comments seem to contradict it. The idea that Walt did it is also bothersome to a lesser extent, and so too is the idea that it's all a coincidence.

He seemed deflated and ready to accept his fate at the pool, then he changed his mind for some reason. We don't know what happened with him between those two scenes.

I think that this is the moment when Walt is ahead of the audience in knowing what's going on. I think he has the epiphany that in order to beat Gus he has to think like him. We know from earlier in the season that Saul and Huell know about Brock and have access to him. Brock seems to like Saul and so would probably accept something off him. This doesn't really sit right with me or sound that convincing either, but at this point no solution does.

I hope the writers have thought of something else entirely that none of us have been able to predict, but at the moment "Walt did it" is what I believe. I know some people think that it's a cop out if all of this stuff happened off screen, but it's an example of Walt knowing more than us (and Gus) and therefore being in a position of power for the first time this season.

PkPhuoko
10-03-2011, 11:01 PM
the more i see of this show the more I think we're heading for a vin mackey ending

also mikes been gone 2 episodes now. There is no way the season ends without either mike dying or mike killing someone

Dead Frequency
10-04-2011, 05:50 AM
Man, I started watching this show from season 1 last week and am currently mostly through with season 2. That being said this show seems to be terrible things piling up on terrible things. Jesus, crack a joke every once in a while. TALK ABOUT SOMBER

This I take back. Lol! Fucking Bob Odenkirk, man.

reprise85
10-04-2011, 06:02 AM
s'all good man!

Dead Frequency
10-06-2011, 03:38 AM
Starting season 3 tonight. Should I expect some heavy shit?

Banana
10-06-2011, 12:46 PM
No, not until midway-to the end of the season.

samuel redman
10-06-2011, 10:59 PM
didnt care about this untill i realized VINCE GILLIGAN and bryan cranston were involved

Trotskilicious
10-06-2011, 11:13 PM
how fucking late are you

Dead Frequency
10-06-2011, 11:32 PM
I'm pretty late because I'm of the opinion that tv generally sucks. It's also good to wait because then you can watch the majority of it in lumps instead of having to wait for the individual releasing of episodes.

samuel redman
10-07-2011, 11:03 AM
how fucking late are you

didnt know about this till a few days ago

netflix

killtrocity
10-08-2011, 03:47 PM
http://www.movieweb.com/news/vince-gilligan-talks-breaking-bad-season-4-finale

no spoilers, don't worry

Are we going to be left to draw our own conclusions as to how the ricin got to the kid or will that be spelled out for us?

Vince Gilligan: You have to wait until Sunday, but I think your questions will be answered, yes.
I think you've described this season both in your interviews and actually in the season sort of between Walt and Gus as a chess match and obviously the finale being called Face Off and sometimes the titles on the show are pretty literal. So what tease can I squeeze out of you about maybe this showdown that we should be expecting for the finale this week?

Vince Gilligan: Gee, if I ruin anything for you you'd be bummed. Let me think, what can I say? What coy thing can I say that doesn't ruin anything? The title, Face Off, is strangely appropriate and that's about all I can say. I'm really looking forward to everybody seeing the last episode. I came out really well and I think - I'm hoping, as I said a littler earlier I'm hoping, the main thing people say when it's all over is wow.cIt's the culmination of a lot of, as you said, a lot of chess playing, a lot of gamesmanship over the course of not just 13 episodes of Season 4 but gamesmanship that occurred between Walt and Gus prior to Season 4.
When you guys are writing and you get to the point where you have to poison a little kid like Brock, what goes through your minds? Like are we going to kill him off? Are we going to kill him alive? What sort of things are you guys thinking about when you get to that point?

Vince Gilligan: We're asking ourselves all those questions and more. The writer's room is a confounding place to be in and a fun place as well. I always liken it to being on a sequestered jury that never ends. But essentially it's six writers and myself sitting around a big table and discussing ad nauseum every possibility that we could think of story wise. And yes, so anything is fair game. Anything is on the table. The most horrible thoughts we can conceive of as humans are there to be put forth and discussed and examined and usually ultimately discarded but I mean we do some pretty wild things on the show which is clear from watching it. And the only way you get to those kind of points in the script stage is to be kind of free and easy and courageous with your ideas no matter how stupid or ill-advised they may be in the writer's room. It's important to have a safe writer's room in that regard. I don't ever want a writer's room where my writers are afraid to throw out an idea because it may be too weird or too evil or dark or too stupid. You know, you don't want to berate anyone for their ideas.

Order 66
10-08-2011, 06:22 PM
can't wait for tomorrow. i actually regret not getting into this late so i could just see it all at once on dvd or netflix or whatever. hopefully it doesn't end on some killer cliffhanger.

Trotskilicious
10-08-2011, 07:43 PM
didnt know about this till a few days ago

netflix

seriously how out of touch are you with your gin blossoms tapes. and you're not even an old person

teh b0lly!!1
10-09-2011, 01:46 PM
this thread is seriously tempting for me to read, as i'm one of those people who completely missed breaking bad and am now halfway into season 2... MAN this show is fucking unbelievable.
brian cranston, who would have known, jesus!

Order 66
10-09-2011, 01:49 PM
in season 3 he wakes up and it was all a dream

dean_r_koontz
10-09-2011, 01:53 PM
this series seem shitty. i watched the first season and it was nothink special. grow up ppl.

killtrocity
10-09-2011, 05:21 PM
do you watch TV at all though? what is your idea of a quality TV show?

reprise85
10-09-2011, 05:22 PM
i thought BB was pretty good but didn't get all the love... until like the second half of the 3rd season. now it's just amazing.

Dead Frequency
10-09-2011, 06:32 PM
I like the outstanding character development. Particularly Hank. Also, Skylar is a bitch.

hnibos
10-09-2011, 08:10 PM
omg, 50 minutes away.

Eulogy
10-09-2011, 09:19 PM
ugh. mods.

Eulogy
10-09-2011, 09:49 PM
o

m

g

Netphorian Gadabout
10-09-2011, 09:49 PM
HOLY FUCK

Eulogy
10-09-2011, 09:50 PM
best tv death ever? that fucking face! i will see that in my nightmares.

Eulogy
10-09-2011, 09:52 PM
also, the title

Face Off. durrr

Netphorian Gadabout
10-09-2011, 09:53 PM
best tv death ever? that fucking face! i will see that in my nightmares.

I thought, in the moment, he jumped up and got away. Then the camera rotated. I really don't believe someone with half their head blown off can get up, walk out of a room, and adjust their tie before crumpling in a heap, but wow.

PkPhuoko
10-09-2011, 09:54 PM
QQQQ~~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Netphorian Gadabout
10-09-2011, 10:06 PM
That was awesome, but I don't really see where the show goes from here. That felt more like a series finale then a season finale.

neopryn
10-09-2011, 10:07 PM
http://i52.tinypic.com/2lkbgnc.png

nice call

Eulogy
10-09-2011, 10:08 PM
I thought, in the moment, he jumped up and got away. Then the camera rotated. I really don't believe someone with half their head blown off can get up, walk out of a room, and adjust their tie before crumpling in a heap, but wow.

i don't care how unrealistic it was because it was awesome.

Eulogy
10-09-2011, 10:26 PM
uhhhh spoiler alert

http://www.thedailybeast.com/content/dailybeast/articles/2011/10/09/breaking-bad-season-finale-gus-fring-and-walter-white-s-final-battle/_jcr_content/body/inlineimage_1.img.jpg/1318165294700.jpg

reprise85
10-09-2011, 11:16 PM
honestly, i didn't think this episode was that great. i am disappoint

reprise85
10-09-2011, 11:17 PM
it was okay I mean but it kind of happened exactly how i thought it would... i mean... besides the old man

reprise85
10-09-2011, 11:18 PM
I think Walt poisoned the kid (or someone else besides Gus), and the reason Gus stopped is because Jesse inadvertently tipped him off that he thought Gus did it (mentioning poisoning), and he smelled something fishy.

Would be a great scheme for Walt to get Jesse back on his side.

Maybe?

:embarass:

killtrocity
10-09-2011, 11:23 PM
That was awesome, but I don't really see where the show goes from here. That felt more like a series finale then a season finale.

this. the writing is just so gad damn good

i don't care how unrealistic it was because it was awesome.

also this :)

It is so so nice to not have a cliffhanger ending for once. Where will it go next season though?

Netphorian Gadabout
10-10-2011, 12:37 AM
After a few hours of sipping whisky and reflecting, I think the final season ends up with Hank basically chasing at threads until he tracks down Walt. Walt kills Hank to protect what he's built. Maybe they both shooT each other. Walt finishes his transformation from season one by killing a family member, the thing he obstinsibly was doing all this for. Who knows. I'm probably way off, but I just have a gut feeling walt v Hank is where this ends, not walt v Jesse like so many have predicted.

Trotskilicious
10-10-2011, 12:37 AM
After a few hours of sipping whisky and reflecting

LOL WHAT THE FUCK

reprise85
10-10-2011, 12:41 AM
Walt killing a family member? I think that's a bit far out.

I could see a Hank vs Walt thing. You guys think they're going to keep making meth? How to distribute it? Who takes Gus' place? The cartel that bought the stuff from Gus gone as well (poisoned), so the supply chain is completely fucked. Or was that not who he sold it to to distribute?

redbull
10-10-2011, 12:42 AM
WHY is there not a single download for this, RARGHGLSJGk;s

Byelashes
10-10-2011, 01:23 AM
WHAT THE CHINESE FUCK.
Knowing what I know (wishing that I didn't), I cannot WAIT to see this episode. I may cry. Realistic tears.

reprise85
10-10-2011, 01:25 AM
I'd love to see it just all fall apart and there be a huge trial with Walt and Jesse... Saul, Skylar, everyone involved on 'their side'. And then everyone goes to jail. The end.

Byelashes
10-10-2011, 01:28 AM
uhhhh spoiler alert

http://www.thedailybeast.com/content/dailybeast/articles/2011/10/09/breaking-bad-season-finale-gus-fring-and-walter-white-s-final-battle/_jcr_content/body/inlineimage_1.img.jpg/1318165294700.jpg
http://images.wikia.com/dcmovies/images/7/78/Two-Face.jpg

Favourite villains?

teh b0lly!!1
10-10-2011, 04:55 AM
just lettin' you guys know im not reading this thread at all.
though i did catch a glimpse of order66 trying to throw a spoiler my way so feel free to die of excess douchebaggery, order66

Byelashes
10-10-2011, 07:22 AM
FUCK. ME.

Byelashes
10-10-2011, 07:32 AM
I am going to despise Walt as a villain. A good villain reaches a point where he has nothing left to lose and reacts accordingly. Walt hasn't lost anything. I can see him mistaking the willingness to throw anyone into the path of danger to save his own ass as invincibility. That's going to make him a frustrating character. The fucking smugness. "I won." What did he win?!

But I should have more faith in the writers. They've brought him this far.

Eulogy
10-10-2011, 08:54 AM
"I won" was the best line ever. And since Brock didn't die I feel like I can still root for Walt a tiny bit. : x

neopryn
10-10-2011, 05:09 PM
fuck that. i hope jesse and hank each put a bullet in one of his eyes. i don't understand how walt desrves anything good to happen to him.

Gossamer
10-10-2011, 05:17 PM
Walt has become more and more unlikable as the series has gone on. What he did was really fucked up but I think the whole point of the show is to see how far the average person will go under certain circumstances. Seeing a person's breaking (bad) point.

Eulogy
10-10-2011, 05:54 PM
fuck that. i hope jesse and hank each put a bullet in one of his eyes. i don't understand how walt desrves anything good to happen to him.

he doesn't.

but neither did gus and i bet part of you rooted for him on at least one level because he was such a badass villain. just like people find themselves rooting for hannibal lecter or whatever.

the best villains are the best because they inspire support even though they do all sorts of horrible things. that's how i see it anyway.

Byelashes
10-10-2011, 05:56 PM
Hell yeah, favourite villain!

I was sad Gus died. But I was glad Gus died the way he did.

Byelashes
10-10-2011, 05:57 PM
You guys... how upset would you be if Gilligan didn't give us another season? [pouts] I don't even want to think about that.

Eulogy
10-10-2011, 05:59 PM
You guys... how upset would you be if Gilligan didn't give us another season? [pouts] I don't even want to think about that.

uhhh they're starting to write it in november. 16 episodes. then it's done. already solidified the deal.

Byelashes
10-10-2011, 06:03 PM
I know I know I know. But, like, in my worst nightmares, they'd be like, "Fuck it," because this season finale could stand as a series finale. But, like, even though it is my favourite season finale of any show I've yet to see, it would be the worst series finale in the history of television. This is just me being paranoid. [chokes on tears] I would probably die if that happened. I'm already going to be pretty dead inside for the next year.

Eulogy
10-10-2011, 06:20 PM
Gilligan said they weren't sure they were gonna get a 5th season from AMC, so they made the finale so it could theoretically stand as the series finale. But they're going forward with the 5th.

neopryn
10-10-2011, 06:57 PM
he doesn't.

but neither did gus and i bet part of you rooted for him on at least one level because he was such a badass villain. just like people find themselves rooting for hannibal lecter or whatever.

the best villains are the best because they inspire support even though they do all sorts of horrible things. that's how i see it anyway.yeah that is fair i guess. you are right that part of me rooted for gus but for some reason walt lost my last shred of sympathy last night. i want to see him bite it hard.

if hank never connects the dots and jesse never finds out about jane i'm gonna be pissed.

Eulogy
10-10-2011, 07:09 PM
i think hank will connect the dots. and that's gonna be CRAZY.

Gossamer
10-10-2011, 07:17 PM
Hank is such a dick to his wife... also the lawyer is the best character in the show. I hope the series ends with him driving off into the sunset with some hot babes in a convertible with money flying out the back seat.

killtrocity
10-10-2011, 08:13 PM
haha ^

reminds me of reservoir dogs...

Hank kills Walt when he finds out he's H-berg then Jesse shoots Hank because he hates him, then the cops shoot Jesse for killing Hank, and Saul gets away with the cash...

and yeah I agree guys Hank has got to find out. That is really the most interesting story point that is left to be explored

Idk if they can top season 4...

Netphorian Gadabout
10-10-2011, 09:12 PM
I feel season 3 was superior to season 4. And yes, Hank must find out. (And must die, in my estimation.)

Mooney
10-10-2011, 09:27 PM
FUCK. ME.

gladly. :blush:

Order 66
10-10-2011, 11:17 PM
i finally got to see it. i knew with the episode title what would happen. i knew it'd be gruesome so i was really on edge throughout the whole episode because i wasn;t too sure whom the "face off" would happen to, but i had a good idea.

so i was totally wrong about walt not poisoning that kid. my bad. though i have to say that was an obtusely calculated decision on walt's part. couldnt he just convince jesse to take out gus in another way? oh well tv lol

not really sure where they go from here. i just hope it doesn't end up like big love's final season. its a totally different show but its a good example of one that blows its load too early. the whole last season was a dreary and drawn out epilogue

Eulogy
10-10-2011, 11:20 PM
video is on youtube

http://youtu.be/Pyam5ajZE-0

:rockon:

hnibos
10-10-2011, 11:28 PM
i finally got to see it. i knew with the episode title what would happen. i knew it'd be gruesome so i was really on edge throughout the whole episode because i wasn;t too sure whom the "face off" would happen to, but i had a good idea.

so i was totally wrong about walt not poisoning that kid. my bad. though i have to say that was an obtusely calculated decision on walt's part. couldnt he just convince jesse to take out gus in another way? oh well tv lol

not really sure where they go from here. i just hope it doesn't end up like big love's final season. its a totally different show but its a good example of one that blows its load too early. the whole last season was a dreary and drawn out epilogue

The last scene (I think it was the last scene) showed that flower or whatever that poisoned Brock in Walt's backyard. Obviously, that isn't the only flower of it's kind in the world, but I thought maybe it sort of insinuated that Walt may have poisoned the kid or whatever. Not that the truth would come out, but maybe hinting that Walt really ain't that good of a guy.

reprise85
10-10-2011, 11:46 PM
so where'd the ricin cig go?

Order 66
10-10-2011, 11:52 PM
heres an interview with vince gilligan. seems to clear up alot of stuff http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-alan-watching/posts/interview-breaking-bad-creator-vince-gilligan-post-mortems-season-4

killtrocity
10-11-2011, 12:08 AM
^ was looking for that, thanks
*actually I never saw that one, awesome

http://tunedin.blogs.time.com/2011/10/10/interview-vince-gilligan-on-breaking-bads-finale-season-four-and-the-future/
You know, the whole ending whodunit about Brock's poisoning faked me out on a number of levels. And I realized in retrospect one thing that kind of cleverly helped confuse me was that I ruled out the possibility that Walt had done it because it was Jesse's theory. I think I ruled out that Jesse could have gotten it right, which he largely did.

Vince: That's exactly what we hoped for, I'm so glad to hear it. Jesse, God bless him, he's not, even a broken clock is right twice a day, you know? I think he came in with a theory, I think the motive that he ascribed to Walt doing it was wrong. But other than that, I think in the second to last episode, everything he said to Walt is correct, even as to, perhaps even as to how Walt was able to get the cigarette off him, you know, Saul's bodyguard, Huell. If you look very closely actually, if you look very closely, Huell, after he passed him down, is seen putting something into his left pocket. It's very subtle, it's right at the bottom right corner of the frame, but it is there.

It is amazing going back and watching episode 12 after the finale. I've actually seen a couple of people in the comment sections on some of the blogs having picked up on things like the gun stopping, pointing at the plant. Which was entirely lost on me, but that was intentional, I assume?

Vince: It's definitely intentional. It's tricky because the audience is, you know, audiences are very savvy. And so you want to give just enough of that but not too much, I wouldn't be too surprised if somebody, somewhere out there in the internet figures out, you know, I don't know if they'll figure out the lily of the valley, maybe they will, maybe there's a botanist out there who will figure this whole thing out before this final episode airs. I guess in that sense it's probably just as well we've only got one more week to wait. But it's tricky--it's fair game to mislead the audience, but it's not fair game to confuse them or to give them patently false information.

Elvis The Fat Years
10-11-2011, 09:42 PM
who was in the car?

Eulogy
10-11-2011, 09:43 PM
what car?

Elvis The Fat Years
10-11-2011, 09:47 PM
when walt was driving away at the end. he stopped and looked at someone in a car. or did he just notice the polo loco thing hanging on the rear view mirror?

Eulogy
10-11-2011, 09:50 PM
when walt was driving away at the end. he stopped and looked at someone in a car. or did he just notice the polo loco thing hanging on the rear view mirror?

i assumed it was gus's empty volvo with the pollos hermanos mirror thing.

redbull
10-11-2011, 09:52 PM
i assumed it was gus's empty volvo with the pollos hermanos mirror thing.

i thought this might have been mike

Eulogy
10-11-2011, 09:53 PM
i thought this might have been mike

why?

they were on top of the hospital parking garage, where gus's volvo was.

Netphorian Gadabout
10-11-2011, 10:04 PM
Clearly Gus' abandoned car.

killtrocity
10-11-2011, 10:59 PM
yeah it's Gus's car

Elvis The Fat Years
10-11-2011, 11:07 PM
i think it was spiderman.

Byelashes
10-12-2011, 08:09 PM
Mike is going to be pretty unhappy next season...

Eulogy
10-12-2011, 08:11 PM
i don't see why mike would care that much. he cared about money, not gus. he'd probably be just as willing to work with walt.

right?

Byelashes
10-12-2011, 08:37 PM
Well, that's the thing... you'd think he only cared about money, but he DID kick Walt's ass for asking him to help kill Gus. And it's only a matter of time before they figure out how Brock was poisoned... Walt's going to have a lot of people against him next season.

I think Skyler is going to move away.

bee
10-12-2011, 08:43 PM
I really hope she moves far away

Order 66
10-12-2011, 09:10 PM
who was in the car?

i was thinking there may have been a camera in it since there was a shot of walt and jesse shaking hands from inside of it. maybe thats how gus knew it walt rigged it

killtrocity
10-12-2011, 10:58 PM
Can we all agree that Walt is going to start his own superlab under the carwash? As VG says, every time Walt has had the chance to walk away, he has gone further down the wrong path. and with that neat-o conclusion I see no better opportunity to call it quits

Order 66
10-13-2011, 02:12 AM
from the perspective of it being a tv show i can see walt and jesse going back to business as usual and digging their hole further. but from a critical standpoint, i look at things like, were there cameras in the old folks home? did workers at the lab/washateria detail walt and jesse to feds? did the FBI profile and monitor walt at the hospital? if so i would think the whole next season would be them evading the law because their figurative and literal fingerprints are over everything. but then again, its not real, so those things may not bite them in the ass until the end

killtrocity
10-13-2011, 03:06 AM
you know what, that is the best idea I've heard so far as to where the final season will go. You know that Walt is going to end up getting caught, and I can think of no better motivation for him to progress down the path of evil than evading jail time...

In fact, that was a big part of Gus's character... being ruthless, cold and calculating in order to avoid detection

OH and then there's the fact that Hank is about half a micrometer away from figuring it out

it also adds back the tension that evaporated when Gus blew up - constant threat of being caught from multiple angles, as you say

reprise85
10-13-2011, 07:52 AM
I'd be cool to see Walt tried for meth manufacturing and all the murders he's committed. Are we at like 10 now? I'd love to see ALL his lies come undone.

Eulogy
10-13-2011, 08:10 AM
were there cameras in the old folks home?

i mean we're already being asked to suspend disbelief for that whole thread.

nursing homes don't just let people wander in an out of people's rooms like that... do they? the few i've been to didn't.

Netphorian Gadabout
10-13-2011, 08:36 AM
nursing homes don't just let people wander in an out of people's rooms like that... do they? the few i've been to didn't.

Crappy ones do. Of the many holes in logic the season 4 finale brings up, nursing home security is probably one of the easiest explained.

Eulogy
10-13-2011, 08:39 AM
heh ok

that's awful though!

reprise85
10-13-2011, 09:13 AM
Crappy ones do. Of the many holes in logic the season 4 finale brings up, nursing home security is probably one of the easiest explained.

totally. even when my grandmother was dying i just could have signed any name and gotten in.

Ol' Couch Ass
10-13-2011, 05:32 PM
i mean we're already being asked to suspend disbelief for that whole thread.

If you look professional and calm like Gus, yes. If you look bloodied and disheveled like Walter, no. Especially at nursing homes that provide more comprehensive care.

teh b0lly!!1
11-01-2011, 11:23 AM
i just finished watching the fourth season
i need to talk to somebody about this

Eulogy
11-01-2011, 11:26 AM

HEY

pretty fuckin' awesome, no?

lala
11-01-2011, 11:27 AM

YES :apopcorn:

teh b0lly!!1
11-01-2011, 11:32 AM
i was kinda disappointed with this entire season tbh. it's still very solid television but i felt it kind of went too far in terms of being cartoonish and less bleedingly realistic like it was on the first two seasons. it started to almost feel like Dexter, in that it was fairly obvious they'd save Gus's murder for the last episode of the season, and the way hank was closing in on Walt, while making some fairly dubious leaps of faith and just sticking with them without a solid reason... still, Walt's nervous breakdown as he goes from screaming to crying to laughing like a lunatic was worth this entire season alone. best scene i've seen from any actor ever. bryan cranston is just ridiculously talented as an actor.

i don't know about you guys but i saw the entire finale coming from a mile away, i knew right off the bat that Walt would finish off Gus through Tio, it became pretty obvious early on that Walt's behind the kid's poisoning (again, fine acting by cranston, because he acted a man lying to somebody else with everything he's got in order to be convincing, and nailed it, but you could still see he's lying)... burning the entire lab JUST BEFORE hank shredded it feels kind of dexter-ish too. too many things coming together too neatly. a mega complicated situation that seemed unsolveable two episodes back, suddenly works itself out a little too conveniently.
it's all nitpicking in the end though, tremendously enjoyable show and surely one of the all time best on tv. god i cant wait till next season now

Eulogy
11-01-2011, 11:49 AM
dexter does not hold a candle in any way, shape, or form to this show, imo (except for portions of the lithgow season).

i understand your complaints but for the most part don't share them. i don't really see it as a problem if you can see things coming if the execution is good. i'd rather have that than some bullshit m night shyamalan twist.

teh b0lly!!1
11-01-2011, 12:05 PM
dexter doesn't even touch breaking bad. not even the same league. i just meant the 'feel' of things, what gets emphasized, what doesn't, the way things work out, etc.
i guess you're right about forced twists just ruining stuff sometimes, but what i meant to say was, the way this show had of always having me on edge, pretty much never really knowing what's going to happen next, was its best trait. i mean, the first 3 seasons, you constantly guess what's going to happen, based on past experience with television\film 'rules' of sorts, etc. breaking bad's storytelling has always been so different than that, really off the wall, always taking a turn where you didn't expect it. i loved that.
the execution this season was as excellent as ever, but the writing could be just a little bit sharper i guess.

and although gus' death was fairly awesome, what's up with that? that really was cartoonish. especially with the way he walks out, fiddles with his tie, and collapses, while half his skull is blown up

Eulogy
11-01-2011, 12:19 PM
eh in season 1 they liquefied a dude in a bath tub and he fell through the roof onto the first floor.

there has always been an element of that sort of thing. a decapitated head on a turtle? c'mon.

i thought it was a perfect way for gus to go out. i've also read a few people argue that that sort of reaction is possible because the body goes into shock or something and just carries on its usual business. but that could be total bullshit. i have no idea.

teh b0lly!!1
11-01-2011, 12:41 PM
yeah the head on the turtle was contrived. could happen with psycho mexican druglords though, you never know. but the liquified corpse on season 1? that shit was brilliant.
i always get the feeling that on television\film, its always just a little bit too convenient and easy to murder someone\dispose of corpses, etc. it just sort of happens and life goes on. thats why i loved the first season so much - its relentlessly real. of course the idea of dissolving a corpse with acid is out there, but the guy's a chemist, so its at least probable. the point is it's a crazy hassle that you have to deal with, and if you don't you're in a world of shit (also i loved how krazy 8 didn't die and they had to kill him cold, when they were still two 'normal people'). it's gone from that, to walt running over two people, shooting one of them in the head from point blank, completely public place, and two episodes later it's poof - gone.

this aside, man im gonna miss gus. what a great character. i watched some youtube interviews with the actor and he's the absolute opposite of the character he plays. amazing. he's all loud-laughing, cheery dude.
turns out he had a small role in trading places
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vOAYURCY2RM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Eulogy
11-01-2011, 12:49 PM
a few weeks ago i saw a guy that looked like gus on the train and it was terrifying. he was also just completely stoic and put together and everything.

killtrocity
11-01-2011, 02:11 PM
of course the idea of dissolving a corpse with acid is out there, but the guy's a chemist, so its at least probable.

That's not out there at all. You and I could do it. Mercury fulminate, on the other hand, is out there.

Good breakdown/critique, though. I generally agree with everything you said although I had not articulated it or organized the thoughts so concisely yet.

I think the pivot point of the series is really the plane crash. After that, it strays away from a generally totally plausible story (save the freaky tortuga moments) towards men with axes and total insanity. Which is awesome in my opinion but it absolutely represents a shift in narrative. Seasons 1-2 are Walt kind of stumbling through this new world he's gotten himself into and 3-4 just hold nothing back. 2 and 4 are my favorites.

Banana
11-01-2011, 04:43 PM
I blame Breaking Bad for this plot happening.

http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/3f8a145283e24658b296130797f02568/GA--Militia-Plot/

killtrocity
12-12-2011, 05:02 PM
New York, The New Yorker, Stephen King Name Breaking Bad 2011's Top TV Series

http://blogs.amctv.com/breaking-bad/2011/12/press-roundup-1209.php

with all the TV show threads, I just had to remind everyone which one is king

Elvis The Fat Years
12-12-2011, 05:11 PM
http://i.imgur.com/789qw.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/JeRyf.jpg

killtrocity
04-07-2012, 10:26 AM
'Breaking Bad': Vince Gilligan talks the final episodes

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/s166/breaking-bad/interviews/a374047/breaking-bad-vince-gilligan-talks-the-final-episodes.html

How is work going on the final two seasons of Breaking Bad?
"Work is going very well. We are working away on the last 16 episodes and we just finished breaking episode five yesterday. We're starting today on episode six. And we started shooting the first of the episodes two days ago, in Albuquerque, and I was there for the first day - that was a lot of fun. It's just very frantic and very exciting and we're looking forward to doing the best job we can do on the last 16 and ending the series in a satisfying manner, in the right way."

Do you know how the show will end, and if so how long have you had that ending in mind?
"I have had, for a couple of seasons now, hopes and dreams for the characters. I've had very broad-stroke ideas of how I want individual characters to end up. Having said that, I've had no hard and fast ideas about how things should end until this season, with the help of my six excellent writers.

"The seven of us, putting our heads together for the past several months, have indeed come up with how we think the show's gonna end. That's what we're working towards, but we're still somewhat in the early days - we've outlined about the first third of the last 16 episodes.

"As such, these ideas that we have for the endgame of our series become more and more defined, and more and more a reality. But there's still room at this point to change things up if we get a better idea of how to end things! But as it stands, we have a pretty good idea of where it's all going to end up."

The show's featured flashback scenes in the past - can we expect more of those?
"I'm trying very hard not to give anything away, but I can tell you for sure that we have talked for many hours about doing just that. Looking back at Walt's 'Grey Matter' days - when he helped found the company 'Grey Matter' - and worked with Gretchen and Elliott.

"At the risk of sounding a bit coy, I don't want to say whether or not we did much more than talk about it. But we try to never forget about characters' pasts on the show. We try to remember details, no matter how small, and bring them back in current episodes.

"We have a great deal of fun doing that, so we do indeed love those flashback scenes. We use 'every bit of the Buffalo' on this show - we mine those moments from the past as much as we can, because they make the show feel more real and have a resonance. So yeah, look for more of those kind of moments as the series progresses."

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/s166/breaking-bad/news/a368078/breaking-bad-exec-on-final-two-seasons-theres-crazy-st-coming.html

"I hope we're going to end this thing in as satisfying a manner as possible and stay as true as we can to the extent of the show from day one," said Gilligan. "We've just got some crazy s**t coming up!"

'Breaking Bad's final season to be split in two, says Bryan Cranston

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/s166/breaking-bad/news/a375263/breaking-bads-final-season-to-be-split-in-two-says-bryan-cranston.html

AMC is preparing to wrap the journey of Cranston's character Walter White in the show's fifth and final season with 16 new episodes.

Cranston revealed to Entertainment Weekly: "We're splitting it. We're going to shoot the first eight, then take a four-month production break, then the rest will air next year."

On the fifth season's opener, the actor revealed that it will pick up "right where [they] left off".

"We're cleaning up the pieces from last season's huge ordeal where Gus Fring was forced to meet his maker," Cranston added. "It's not as easy as Walter thought.

"And as we've discovered over the years, you don't really know who Walter White is. I'm still discovering who he is and I'm trying to allow myself to be open to him going darker and darker.

"There's physical danger to himself and his family, plus there's the emotional danger due to his anger and hubris. It's about the evil that men do and where that takes him."

Order 66
04-07-2012, 10:43 AM
i wonder if the last season is going to be more or less an epilogue or more cartel carnage. hard to see where else it could go without having at least two more seasons to set up a post-gus villain. kinda wary about where they'll go from here but i have faith in vince at the end of the day

Eulogy
04-07-2012, 11:07 AM
walt is the villain now

killtrocity
04-07-2012, 01:59 PM
^

MusicMan4
04-07-2012, 02:01 PM
fascinating new insight there

MusicMan4
04-07-2012, 02:02 PM
that still doesn't answer the question of where exactly they're going with the show
he's still the main character and needs an adversary and we don't know who that is

killtrocity
04-07-2012, 02:16 PM
obvious adversary
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/shakespeares_sister/shakes3/breakingbad43.jpg

possible adversary
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_msb7eQA-RFY/TUmnTslIcCI/AAAAAAAACiQ/gqqcYnS-e40/s1600/breaking-bad-full-measure-mike-the-cleaner-477x271.jpg

MusicMan4
04-07-2012, 02:35 PM
well yes we know hank and the DEA will be investigating but i somehow doubt this show will not go for more fireworks than that

also wouldn't jesse be a more likely adversary than mike? despite his loyalty to gus mike doesn't seem to be the type to do revenge killings to me. it would be a shame not to have him involved because he's awesome though. i don't know. who knows what they're gonna do. i'll watch the whole thing anyway

MusicMan4
04-07-2012, 02:36 PM
there's no way jesse doesn't find out about brock and jane this season and he is definitely up for revenge killings

edit: "there's no way"
ugh i'm contradicting my whole who knows/who cares/just watch already. i mean there's a strong chance he won't and the tease from the fly episode is the closest it'll ever get. i feel they'll find some way to turn them against each other.

killtrocity
04-07-2012, 02:51 PM
Yeah, I think you are right. Two things need to happen before the series ends: Hank needs to find out everything, and Jesse needs to find out everything.

And Mike is too pragmatic for revenge, like you say.

from the perspective of it being a tv show i can see walt and jesse going back to business as usual and digging their hole further. but from a critical standpoint, i look at things like, were there cameras in the old folks home? did workers at the lab/washateria detail walt and jesse to feds? did the FBI profile and monitor walt at the hospital? if so i would think the whole next season would be them evading the law because their figurative and literal fingerprints are over everything. but then again, its not real, so those things may not bite them in the ass until the end
Mike has a lot of work to do, but even he can't clean all of this shit up

As for more fireworks, I bet it will have something to do with Gustavo's past in Chile and the Pinochet government. The cartel was afraid to kill him for some reason

MusicMan4
04-07-2012, 03:04 PM
there's also the huge multinational corporation that was bankrolling gus' operation

killtrocity
05-03-2012, 07:17 PM
apparently some crazy shit is going on at the Schrader residence

<param name="movie" value="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" /><param name="flashVars" value="videoId=1618053474001&linkBaseURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amctv.com%2Fbreaking-bad%2Fvideos%2Fon-the-season-5-set-with-bryan-cranston-and-aaron-paul-breaking-bad&playerID=83327935001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAAAuyCbQ~,-gfAmfm8njJ8S-9E4q2UfzG931rvkxuP&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" /><param name="base" value="http://admin.brightcove.com" /><param name="seamlesstabbing" value="false" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="swLiveConnect" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=1618053474001&linkBaseURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amctv.com%2Fbreaking-bad%2Fvideos%2Fon-the-season-5-set-with-bryan-cranston-and-aaron-paul-breaking-bad&playerID=83327935001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAAAuyCbQ~,-gfAmfm8njJ8S-9E4q2UfzG931rvkxuP&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="456" height="388" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" swLiveConnect="true" allowScriptAccess="always" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object>

reprise85
05-03-2012, 07:35 PM
so ready for this to start again

killtrocity
05-23-2012, 10:50 AM
http://tvline.com/2012/05/16/breaking-bad-jesse-plemons/

http://pmctvline2.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/jplemons_300111110122955.jpg

My guess is either A. Federal agent, or more likely B. German dude from that corporation

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2081647/

Rest of cast listed alphabetically:
James Martinez ... Max Arsiniega

Ryan Schaefer ... Madrigal Suit
Flashback with Gus and his partner (Max), and graveflower you're right, that corporation (Madrigal Electromotive) is gonna play a role

BumbleBeeMouth
05-25-2012, 05:11 PM
hopefully i'll have caught up in time for this, currently in season three. its fucking awesome!!

killtrocity
05-25-2012, 05:14 PM
What part of season 3?

BumbleBeeMouth
05-25-2012, 05:18 PM
i just finished watching fly, stupid episode really... its one of those duologs that they likes to do.

killtrocity
05-25-2012, 05:34 PM
lol. at least you don't have to wait another week.

BumbleBeeMouth
05-25-2012, 05:43 PM
yeah i know, im like that with game of thrones, so annoying having to wait all the time.

im also watching it on american syndicate and you guys are an episode ahead of us here in the uk (outrage)

killtrocity
05-25-2012, 05:58 PM
Do you guys have a lot of commercials, though? Comedy Central and ESPN America have zero commercials in ND and I am extremely jealous

BumbleBeeMouth
05-25-2012, 06:59 PM
i am a filthy pirate so i wouldnt know, sorry. but normally about 10 minutes per hour,.

reprise85
05-25-2012, 07:10 PM
did you read this thread and spoil everything for yourself?

null123
05-25-2012, 07:48 PM
this is the only TV show I like

killtrocity
06-04-2012, 10:56 AM
http://pixel.nymag.com/imgs/daily/vulture/2012/06/04/04_berakingbad.o.jpg/a_560x0.jpg

reprise85
06-04-2012, 01:02 PM
awwwwww yeah

killtrocity
06-11-2012, 12:19 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/A_jphULKZ4E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Upcoming episode titles for season 5

Episode 5.01: Live free or Die.
Episode 5.02: Madrigal.
Episode 5.03: Hazard Pay

"I do know this. Season 5 takes up right where we left off," Giancarlo Esposito, who played restaurant owner and meth kingpin Fring, told TheWrap. "Literally, right after Gus's death."

reprise85
06-11-2012, 12:30 AM
that's quite a teaser