07-12-2011, 03:46 AM
http://www.dangerthieves.com/07-10-11-live-the-hawthorne-theater/

Sonic Johnny
07-12-2011, 03:51 AM
didn't have this thread last week?

Space Girl 1979
07-12-2011, 03:52 AM
didn't have this thread last week?

That was an acoustic radio gig. If you actually clicked on the links you'd know that. :hanging:

Sonic Johnny
07-12-2011, 03:52 AM
also: this thread here (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=168713) is the one you want.

Space Girl 1979
07-12-2011, 03:53 AM
also: this thread here (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=168713) is the one you want.

Thanks. I'll be sure to ignore that the next time I post as well. :love:

Sonic Johnny
07-12-2011, 03:54 AM
That was an acoustic radio gig. If you actually clicked on the links you'd know that. :hanging:

That doesn't quite address the issue of why you need to start a new thread every time your band plays live when we have a thread for the sole purpose of posting stuff like this in.

Space Girl 1979
07-12-2011, 05:11 AM
That doesn't quite address the issue of why you need to start a new thread every time your band plays live when we have a thread for the sole purpose of posting stuff like this in.

Ban me.

Sonic Johnny
07-12-2011, 05:27 AM
You know I don't have the power to do that, and I'm honestly not bothered enough to go bitching to the mods about it. But how about you just show a little bit of respect for your fellow boarders by not clogging up the boards with self-promotional crap while the rest of us quietly go about our musical undertakings without needing to wave a giant red arrow at ourselves every ten seconds?

When your band releases an album then that's probably a good excuse for making a thread. But until then, nobody here who is going to enjoy your music hasn't already seen one of your ten other threads, so please, spare us. I get the desire to promote your music, really I do, but your time would be better spent promoting it to people in your town who will come to your shows, and then you can build up a fanbase, and develop a reputation for the quality of your output, like hardworking musicians all over the globe do every single day.

Space Girl 1979
07-12-2011, 07:28 AM
You know I don't have the power to do that, and I'm honestly not bothered enough to go bitching to the mods about it. But how about you just show a little bit of respect for your fellow boarders by not clogging up the boards with self-promotional crap while the rest of us quietly go about our musical undertakings without needing to wave a giant red arrow at ourselves every ten seconds?

When your band releases an album then that's probably a good excuse for making a thread. But until then, nobody here who is going to enjoy your music hasn't already seen one of your ten other threads, so please, spare us. I get the desire to promote your music, really I do, but your time would be better spent promoting it to people in your town who will come to your shows, and then you can build up a fanbase, and develop a reputation for the quality of your output, like hardworking musicians all over the globe do every single day.

I hear smoking marijuana can help with anxiety.

So can daily exercise and eating right.

Just some suggestions of my own. *hugs*

Sonic Johnny
07-12-2011, 07:39 AM
Yeah i'm not even going to engage with that cause you're just taking potshots in the dark here rather than admitting that I made a good point.

Space Girl 1979
07-12-2011, 08:23 AM
Yeah i'm not even going to engage with that cause you're just taking potshots in the dark here rather than admitting that I made a good point.

It's ok. I'm not mad that you don't like me. I still like you. :love:

Sonic Johnny
07-12-2011, 08:37 AM
I never said I didn't like you. I'm sure we'd get along just great in real life. I just take exception to the way you feel the need to have people here talk about everything your band does - and please don't tell me that's not your motivation, cause otherwise you wouldn't make new threads - while everybody else has managed to forge some kind of etiquette in regards to musical self-promotion and stick to it. It's really pretty rude.

Anyway, if you had any legitimate counter-arguments to anything i've presented to you in this thread, you would have made them rather than changing the subject, so I'm guessing you've gotten the point. Please, if you feel that i've misinterpreted your intentions in making multiple threads, feel free to illustrate my error of judgement, but otherwise, i'd thank you to consider what i've said and maybe think twice before making a new thread in this forum.

Space Girl 1979
07-12-2011, 09:01 AM
My favorite part of this is still the fact you didn't listen to either of the links I posted. :hanging:

Sonic Johnny
07-12-2011, 09:39 AM
No, I didn't. Because I listened to your band the first time you posted their material - another thread again, the one with your music video - and decided it wasn't for me.I checked your band out the same as I listen to the music anybody else here posts - I give it a listen, and if it interests me, I listen further. Just because you've made more threads doesn't mean i'm going to give your band more attention. Now unless you're going to engage with any of the points i've made in this thread, I really have nothing further to say to you on the subject.

Space Girl 1979
07-12-2011, 11:11 AM
I really have nothing further to say to you on the subject.

http://i.imgur.com/sZIWO.jpg

slunken
07-12-2011, 04:47 PM
SON-IC JOHN-NY

Trotskilicious
07-12-2011, 09:01 PM
space girl you're losing badly in this thread and since we already have a thread that says post your own music and i tend to hate people who are too vain, self-important, and more specifically <i>self-delusional</i> to play by the rules. I would not have minded had you bumped your self serving thread on general.

Basically the concept you're not getting is that you generally consistently promote yourself constantly and have nothing or very little to add that doesn't have to do with you or what you're doing. That is the definition of a boring, shallow person. Mooneyesque, even. If you are not this person, and I suspect genuinely that you aren't you just feel like you're supposed to because society's really fucked up right now, then please stop. Otherwise this thread is closed and will be deleted tomorrow.