View Full Version : peter murphy - ninth

Astur
06-10-2011, 11:39 AM
any of you folks into murphy solo/bauhaus? new album is amazingly good after so many years of horseshit. seems to take where "deep" left off

MyOneAndOnly
06-10-2011, 01:45 PM
I didn't realize Ninth was out already... I thought recording had been delayed. I wasn't expecting much from him. Is it being streamed anywhere?

Deep was awesome. It would hard for anything to get close to that after 2 decades of drivel

Didn't he change is name to Mohammad something or other and move to Constantinople? I thought he only did muslin music now, like Cat Stevens .... who's also named mohammad something or other. And has a terrorist beard. and hates Natalie Merchant.

MyOneAndOnly
06-10-2011, 01:48 PM
Yeah, he is a terrorist.

Murphy is a vegan and Muslim who has lived in Turkey for the last 20 years.[15] He has two children, Hurihan and Adem, with his wife, Beyhan Murphy.

F-cking Vegans! First you're against the meats. Then it's the cheeses. Next thing you're callin' Jesus a false prophet and stuffin' bombs in yer shoes!

slunken
06-10-2011, 03:22 PM
did all terrorists used to be goth?

slunken
06-10-2011, 03:23 PM
man that sentence is something else.

Astur
06-10-2011, 03:51 PM
yeah yeah the man's batfuck insane. had an argument recently with Dead Can Dance over some weird shit and their tour was cancelled. you should check out the story behind "I Spit Roses" too:

“As I walked in, David, Kevin and Danny were in conference about the band. I thought, ‘Oh dear, here we go…’ The moment anyone speaks to me, my response is to spit roses in their face — and that’s what happened. Daniel said, ‘Peter, we need to talk about…’ Pwah! ‘That’s my answer.’ It caused them to think, ‘Look at him, he’s crazy!’ And I responded, ‘Look, it’s roses, don’t you get it? C’mon, let’s just work.’”

no wonder bauhaus broke up once again

Rider
06-10-2011, 04:14 PM
When you become muslim why are you forced to turn your back on your heritage and start giving your kids idiotic Arab names.

Mooney
06-10-2011, 04:45 PM
i haven't checked out any of peter murphy's solo stuff. should i start with deep and ninth?

MyOneAndOnly
06-10-2011, 05:33 PM
If you only bought one album, Deep is the one to buy. IMO it's a classic Alt record. As good as anything Love and Rockets ever did.

If you don't own any Bauhaus records, don't bother buying anything recorded after 1983. Bauhaus is the Black Sabbath of goth. But their reunion was shit.

Astur
06-10-2011, 05:55 PM
learning how to mquote again

Astur
06-10-2011, 05:57 PM
i haven't checked out any of peter murphy's solo stuff. should i start with deep and ninth?

Definitely Deep and Ninth, and the Wild Birds compilation is a nice album as well. Gives you the nice single songs from the shittier albums

If you only bought one album, Deep is the one to buy. IMO it's a classic Alt record. As good as anything Love and Rockets ever did.

If you don't own any Bauhaus records, don't bother buying anything recorded after 1983. Bauhaus is the Black Sabbath of goth. But their reunion was shit.

so what do you think about Go Away White? it was right what i expected, and although sure it wasn't mindblowing I found it to be a rather decent goodbye