View Full Version : Super HD Wrestling Boobs? Billy as James Cameron? What?

Josh
05-18-2011, 08:24 PM
http://entertainment.msn.co.nz/article.aspx?id=8248301&mch=snlink&cmp=art_8248301

First ever: Smashing Pumpkins apply Avatar technology in new music clip

The Smashing Pumpkins are set to make music video history by becoming the first act to shoot a promo featuring state-of-the-art Red Epic M cameras.
The group has teamed up with director Robby Starbuck for the short film to accompany new single Owata.

The video, featuring wrestlers Shelly Martinez, Cheerleader Melissa and Raven, will be shot using cutting edge film technology which is currently being used by Hollywood visionaries James Cameron for the Avatar sequel and Peter Jackson for The Hobbit.

"I'm really excited that we are coming at this aggressively with the newest technology that's out there. With the concept we have at hand, which is based on brutal Japanese style of women's wrestling, we'll need to get super clear close-ups to tell the story properly," Smashing Pumpkins frontman Billy Corgan says.

"To be on the forefront of the advancing technology in digital cinema is very special to me. These hand-crafted Red EPIC-M cameras are unbelievable in what they can do and we're beyond excited to play with the camera and give the world one of its first chances to see what this camera can do," Starbuck tells WENN.

"We cannot wait for this video to be done so we can let the extraordinary images speak for themselves. It's an amazing change in film when Peter Jackson, James Cameron and I are in the same sentence when it comes to available technology we're all using."

MyOneAndOnly
05-18-2011, 08:26 PM
wow, you found that online?

gold fucking star

FoolofaTook
05-18-2011, 08:28 PM
i found your mother online.

Trotskilicious
05-18-2011, 08:32 PM
man i was really disappointed when i googled Raven and instead of some gorgeous gothy model i got some nasty hairy beefy man :hurl:

stumpycat
05-18-2011, 11:22 PM
If only Billy poured this much passion into producing the music. :erm:
And if you're going to have a video with a brutal vibe, WTF is OWATA doing as the soundtrack?

LunchWithBilly
05-19-2011, 12:48 AM
This just gets worse and worse.. Owata is such a fucking awful song in the first place, especially the new over-produced piece of shit version that was just released.. So now we get a high definition video of middle-aged wrestling stars with Owata as the "soundtrack".. I'm thinking its gonna be real similar to this video, except the chicks won't be attractive. :(

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PATYReYWUTg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

killtrocity
05-19-2011, 04:06 AM
holy christ, HOW DOES IT KEEP GETTING WORSE

Cool As Ice Cream
05-19-2011, 04:27 AM
the music video for tarantula was a 3d one. were there any articles telling how innovative that was? i don't think i've seen any.

was it really innovative, or had others done that before?

i bet billy was hoping for a similar article as the one above, regarding the tarantula video clip. "billy corgan, absolutely groundbreaking."

Mablak
05-19-2011, 04:31 AM
Bahaha, it's almost impossible to read that article and think it's real. Imagine reading that even a few years ago, you'd just laugh it off. And just imagine how insanely terrible the juxtaposition is going to be: the most ball-less, mellow song ever set to... ferocious Japanese wrestling. He truly has the power to turn all things into suck.

vbshlofbvgos
05-19-2011, 10:46 AM
i love it that i absolutely hate everything about this

MyOneAndOnly
05-19-2011, 10:50 AM
i'm sure there is a creative way to use new technology to make a video that juxataposes utterly out of context non celebrities from sports-entertainment against a bright cheery pop tune who's lyrics having nothing to do with professional wrestling.

If it were Gorillaz, a strange Anime style cartoon might be really interesting. If it was Blur, anything could happen.

But this is SP circa 2011. This is the dude that last gave us Superchrist. This is GLOW 2.0.

FoolofaTook
05-19-2011, 11:03 AM
I don't understand all the complaining. I for one am quite content with this comedy.

dustrock
05-19-2011, 01:07 PM
Imagine if the video was actually for As Rome Byrnes

MyOneAndOnly
05-19-2011, 01:54 PM
Mike Byrne rocks

stumpycat
05-20-2011, 12:42 AM
Yes, the juxtaposition could be used as a chance to insert creative irony for comic effect...but the Pumpkins have never exactly been an ironic sort of band. I am surprised he even has money for this. Oh, wait...EMI.

ilikeplanets
05-20-2011, 12:43 AM
There is already a perfect video for Owata and it is My Little Ponies.

stumpycat
05-20-2011, 12:44 AM
Yes.