View Full Version : Flaming Lips - Fight Test EP

Mason R Butler
03-11-2003, 04:50 AM
Holy gawd! This is the word (and words) from Mr. George Particle regarding the new Fight Test EP, release date unknown.

1 FIGHT TEST 4:14
2 CAN’T GET YOU OUT OF MY HEAD (KEXP VERSION) 4:06
3 THE GOLDEN AGE (CD101 VERSION) 3:12
4 KNIVES OUT (KCRW VERSION) 4:21
5 DO YOU REALIZE?? (SCOTT HARDKISS FLOATING IN SPACE MIX)* 9:06
6 THE STRANGE DESIGN OF CONSCIENCE 4:31
7 THANK YOU JACK WHITE (FOR THE FIBER-OPTIC JESUS THAT YOU GAVE ME)
3:40

THE STRANGE DESIGN OF CONSCIENCE
Given the hopeless nature of our times – and how it would change things – and given the circumstances of our lives – you’d have done the same thing – you’d have done the same thing – you’d have done the same – so if we’re talking about forgiveness – well don’t put me up above you – ’cause in the strange design of conscience – we are controlled by our desires that can never be realized – that can never be realized – that can never be real...

THANK YOU JACK WHITE
(FOR THE FIBER-OPTIC JESUS THAT YOU GAVE ME)
Backstage in Detroit and the room is full of smoke and apprehension – we’ve been playin’ shows as the warm-up and the band for Beck Hanson – in walks Jack says “How’d ya do?” then he handed me this wonderful statue – and I said “thank you Jack White for the fiber-optic Jesus that you gave me” – it shined so bright that I couldn’t help believin’ it would save me – when I finally got it home my whole neighborhood was aglow – and I said “thank you Jack White for the fiber-optic Jesus that you gave me” – Jack and Meg are funny they’ve got a modern, backwards, liberal family code – brother and sister playin’ rock’n’roll and doin’ it on the road – I bet that van begin ta stink – but then I wonder oh what Christ would think – and I said “thank you Jack White for the fiber-optic Jesus that you gave me” – it shined so bright that I couldn’t help believin’ it would save me – when I finally got it home my whole neighborhood was aglow – and I said “thank you Jack White for the fiber-optic Jesus that you gave me”

This audio CD also *******s bonus multimedia–
the “Fight Test” video and the trailer for the band’s movie
“Christmas On Mars.”

Cactuar
03-11-2003, 06:30 AM
woah, fucking awesome

cap'n jazz
03-11-2003, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by I Hate Music

4 KNIVES OUT (KCRW VERSION) 4:21

Oh, that's so good.

sawdust restaurants
03-11-2003, 12:08 PM
Holy crap. Where'd you get that from?

Jesse Miller
03-11-2003, 12:24 PM
Wow! So much for Yoshimi Wins...

Injektilo
03-11-2003, 01:18 PM
thats great! I've never heard of either of those songs even in rumor, must be pretty new.

Injektilo
03-11-2003, 01:20 PM
I heard a release date of April 22nd.... i guess we'll see how accurate that is.

Boycott Graceland
03-12-2003, 01:32 AM
nice.