View Full Version : how do you think you'll react if billy dies

Grox
03-20-2011, 04:53 PM
?

id be completely devastated for a long time

paranoid
03-20-2011, 05:09 PM
I wouldn't be shocked but I would be sad.

Order 66
03-20-2011, 05:11 PM
not gonna lie i'd be pretty upset

Gish08
03-20-2011, 05:16 PM
He's a tard now, but I'd still be really sad.

I think part of the reason why Billy makes such stupid decisions these days is because he never got credit for what he did in the 90's and even early 2000's. The man was a visionary and there was no one else like him. He got trashed for no good reason, yeah I know he had a big ego but so what.

He's a joke now, more or less. But I don't think it's entirely his fault.

ilikeplanets
03-20-2011, 05:24 PM
I'd feel robbed. There's so much more he can do! It would definitely affect me...I'd be really hopeless for a while and completely unable to listen to music.

Dogfighter28
03-20-2011, 05:47 PM
i honestly would be indifferent to it at this point

Shallowed
03-20-2011, 06:38 PM
With utmost glee.

I don't know if I've expressed it on these forums, but I think the best thing that could happen to SP musically is if Billy died. No more terrible new music, and old archived shit would finally be released in troves.

stripes
03-20-2011, 07:27 PM
you fags act like billy has actually done something to harm you irl. lol

The Jesus
03-20-2011, 08:46 PM
@Billy RIP

Banana
03-20-2011, 08:55 PM
it's not really a question of if but when.

everyone dies.

vbshlofbvgos
03-20-2011, 08:57 PM
i'd wonder if james would show up for the funeral

Catherine Wheel
03-20-2011, 09:01 PM
it's not really a question of if but when.

everyone dies.

No shit, Sherlock. It's Captain Obvious to the rescue.

redbreegull
03-20-2011, 10:03 PM
doesn't matter if he never releases another song I liked, I would be totally devastated if b0lly died

Trotskilicious
03-21-2011, 12:43 AM
I'd feel robbed. There's so much more he can do! It would definitely affect me...I'd be really hopeless for a while and completely unable to listen to music.

jesus christ you need to listen to something else

Trotskilicious
03-21-2011, 12:44 AM
if he dropped dead now it would be like raul julia dropping dead with his last movie being street fighter

basically, even though julia was cool and billy's a bit of a fucker still kind of sucks to go out on the bottom.

Esty
03-21-2011, 03:08 AM
I'm not going to kill myself like monte or try and eat my ass into a diabetic coma like davin.

I won't be upset, but I'll sad for his passing. Bill once was a great man to me. He wrote a good amount of the songs that touched my life and for that, he deserves my respect. I'll always hate how he went about all this "SP" nonsense at the end, but when he dies, it won't really matter anymore. So i'm not gonna cry, or feel too sad about it. I'll just put my ipod on shuffle for "REAL SP SONGS" and think "Bill, wherever you are, Thanks".

FoolofaTook
03-21-2011, 04:42 AM
I think part of the reason why Billy makes such stupid decisions these days is because he never got credit for what he did in the 90's and even early 2000's. The man was a visionary and there was no one else like him.

You don't consider millions of dollars, thousands of fans, and Siamese Dream making it near the top of most critic's lists credit?

Visionary? Are you shiting me? Do you listen to music other than mainstream grunge from the 90s?

Morlock
03-21-2011, 06:38 AM
Legacy-wise, his death would not be good. He's done too much mediocre and even bad music since 2000 to be remembered as a tragic genius. Instead, he would be remembered as a have-been who fist lost his inspiration and then his life, like so many before him.

Billy's past the point of no return. The only way he can save his band's legacy, unlikely as it seems today, is to create really great and inspiring music.

FoolofaTook
03-21-2011, 06:50 AM
what if he builds a time machine, goes back, and does things right?

did u think of that?

what if he builds a memory erasing machine like in mib and delete's the shit from our minds?

did you think about that?

shun absolutes, son.

Spira|_
03-21-2011, 08:57 AM
I'll be sad and probably cry.
Billy gave me energies through his music that no othe musician can do until now.
In same way I believe he influenced my life and my soul with his music. Sometimes it helped me and sometimes would be better I dont even had listen his music maybe but it was ALWAYS good.
He deserves to be in my memory forever.

JokeyLoki
03-21-2011, 09:30 AM
I'd be sad, but in that way that you're sad for an old person who's not really themselves anymore when they die. 'cause I'll always remember Bill the way he was in the 90's, not the shell that he has become.

Mo
03-21-2011, 10:00 AM
Maybe we should just put him out of our misery

killtrocity
03-21-2011, 12:18 PM
would be very sad, hopefully he redeems his name before he dies..

◘┼◘
03-21-2011, 01:25 PM
He died a long long time ago in many of our hearts, I think most of us let go a while ago- between disbelief and sadness, think covers how id feel. But I kind of feel that way already

◘┼◘

◘┼◘
03-21-2011, 01:27 PM
Heh, I was thinking about it. When the time comes, all id hear in my head is 'you know im not dead'. I think that would drive anyone insane...

◘┼◘

stumpycat
03-21-2011, 09:06 PM
Would it be kind of like Syd Barrett , who disappeared into his own hidden world of insanity for years and actually only died recently but will always be remembered for his excellent work with Pink Floyd?

Order 66
03-21-2011, 09:08 PM
nah darcy would be an analogue to barrett, if anybody

even at his most apeshit billy has no problem finding his way into the spotlight

vbshlofbvgos
03-21-2011, 09:10 PM
◘┼◘◘┼◘◘┼◘◘┼◘◘┼◘◘┼◘◘┼◘◘┼◘◘┼◘◘┼◘◘┼◘◘┼◘◘┼◘◘┼◘◘┼◘◘┼◘◘┼ ◘◘┼◘◘┼◘◘┼◘◘┼◘◘┼◘◘┼◘◘┼◘◘┼◘◘┼◘◘┼◘◘┼◘◘┼◘◘┼◘◘┼◘◘┼◘◘┼◘◘ ┼◘◘┼◘◘┼◘◘┼◘◘┼◘◘┼◘◘┼◘◘┼◘◘┼◘◘┼◘◘┼◘

muzzled4life
03-21-2011, 09:23 PM
I'd be depressed...losing someone on this planet who I felt a strong connection with. Jupiters lament on repeat.

Starla
03-22-2011, 09:42 AM
billy won't die, his mental illness will progress to the point where he will live out his days in a mental unit, on 7 different kinds of meds. in 20 years, grunge will make a come back as nugrunge and a reporter from rolling stone will dust off siamese dream and play it as he smiles and wonders what the first grunge era was like. then later he will try to contact billy to ask him if he can interview him about smashing pumpkins, and billy will say he has no idea who sp is and calls him an asshole, then hangs up on him. then a nurse comes into the room and says "time for your injection mr corgan, and by the way i really liked tgbk no matter what other people said... " the end :(

scottytheoneand
03-22-2011, 10:51 AM
He's a tard now, but I'd still be really sad.

I think part of the reason why Billy makes such stupid decisions these days is because he never got credit for what he did in the 90's and even early 2000's. The man was a visionary and there was no one else like him. He got trashed for no good reason, yeah I know he had a big ego but so what.

He's a joke now, more or less. But I don't think it's entirely his fault.

It's funny how few people at the time "gave him credit" for anything after MCIS. I can remember a lot of people I know (some of them even reviewers and music journalists) hating on SP because Billy didn't release 4 more versions of Siamese Dream. Now, it's all historical revisionism.

The same thing will happen with the newer SP material. People hating on it now will act in 10 years as if they liked it all along.

Trotskilicious
03-22-2011, 11:11 AM
never mind the fact that everything after MCIS is not as good as the previous albums, (i.e. Adore > Machina > Zwan (I guess) > Birry Solo > Zeitgeist > The New Embarrassment).

Fact is it's not about releasing SD over and over again. You know I didn't really care all that much for Machina, I never listened to Zwan or the solo stuff. Zeitgeist is fucking horrible. What's funny is you'll find rational defenders of all projects before Zeitgeist and the reason for that is perhaps they were more genuine and more inspired. Hell, I hated Machina and still do but he was very inspired (but the rest of the band was like eh...and he's never been able to get over it). Right now he's just throwing bullshit out there to pretend he's relevant I guess.

Douchebag Billysuckers like you don't seem to understand these arguments because it's probably the only thing you listen to so it doesn't nearly sounds so uninspired and bland to you. That's really the only way I can explain it.

Your claim about 10 years from now people will recognize genius is likewise bullshit; Adore is less popular now in the SP community than it was (I'm not the only person who thinks it has aged badly) and I don't think there are many people singing the praises of Machina that weren't before, either. Get a fucking clue, it's been over a decade since both of those albums were released and nobody's pretending they were genius (that didn't before). You are a fucking dinosaur.

Eulogy
03-22-2011, 11:36 AM
never mind the fact that everything after MCIS is not as good as the previous albums, (i.e. Adore > Machina > Zwan (I guess) > Birry Solo > Zeitgeist > The New Embarrassment).

I love Aodre and Machina and like Zwan and half of TFE but this is absolutely correct and kind of terrifying.

I will say though... I listened to the first eight tracks of Zeitgest + Stellar the other day. I enjoyed myself. : x

scottytheoneand
03-22-2011, 11:36 AM
blah billy blah blah blah blah blah blah billy blah blah billy billy blah blah blah blah blah blah blah billy blah blah blah blah billy blah blah blah blah blah blah billy blah blah billy billy blah blah blah blah blah blah blah billy blah blah blah blah billy blah blah blah blah blah blah billy blah blah billy billy blah blah blah blah blah blah blah billy blah blah blah blah billy blah blah blah blah blah blah billy blah blah billy billy blah blah blah blah blah blah blah billy blah blah blah blah billy blah blah blah blah blah blah billy blah blah billy billy blah blah blah blah blah blah blah billy blah blah blah

blah billy blah blah blah blah blah blah billy blah blah billy billy blah blah blah blah blah blah blah billy blah blah blah blah billy blah blah blah blah blah blah billy blah blah billy billy blah blah blah blah blah blah blah billy blah blah blah blah billy blah blah blah blah blah blah billy blah blah billy billy blah blah blah blah blah blah blah billy blah blah blah blah billy blah blah blah blah blah blah billy blah blah billy billy blah blah blah blah blah blah blah billy blah blah blah

yeah, OK. you're angry. Mommy didn't hug you enough and Billy makes you sad. but you shouldn't go off your meds like this. :noway:

Trotskilicious
03-22-2011, 12:15 PM
yeah that's it.

jammin
03-23-2011, 11:21 PM
trots man your birry asian shit fucking kills me every time.

great stuff.

if 'birry' died, i'd probably weep for like three minutes, then i'd listen to some ol' sp for the rest of the day, then i'd go to bed.......wake up......eat some cheerios........listen to some radiohead.

fuck yeah

Woody
03-28-2013, 06:05 PM
I'd be sad, the guy is a character and he wrote, sang, performed some of the defining music in many people's lives.
But I'd also be kind of relieved that his legacy wouldn't be dragged further into the mud by the things he says or does these days.

The sad thing about Machina is that there's a hit album in there somewhere. The production and tracklist killed it. All the pop singles were on Machina II and that sounds like it was overdubbed with rolling farts.

T&T
03-29-2013, 12:46 AM
wow if only back then we had known how soon billy would be dead.
damn.

RIP billy.

pavementtune
03-29-2013, 01:07 AM
For fuck's sake, could you shut up with this RIP nonsense already? Write him a butthurt poem - I loved you and now you suck - signed T&T and be done with it.

Sonic Johnny
03-29-2013, 01:28 AM
I'll go collect my hit money off Johnny Greenwood.

Trotskilicious
03-29-2013, 03:41 AM
i didn't even remember coining "douchebag billysuckers"

T&T
03-30-2013, 07:44 AM
For fuck's sake, could you shut up with this RIP nonsense already? Write him a butthurt poem - I loved you and now you suck - signed T&T and be done with it.
i'm not the one who bumped the thread, so chill.

dreams of glass
01-14-2016, 08:59 AM
indeed

T&T
01-14-2016, 09:08 AM
RIP in peace B∅lly Corgan

&
>i'm not the one who bumped the thread, so chill.

bobliefeld
01-14-2016, 09:38 AM
It's funny how few people at the time "gave him credit" for anything after MCIS. I can remember a lot of people I know (some of them even reviewers and music journalists) hating on SP because Billy didn't release 4 more versions of Siamese Dream. Now, it's all historical revisionism.

The same thing will happen with the newer SP material. People hating on it now will act in 10 years as if they liked it all along.

STARTING NEXT YEAR - Zeitgeist wont be complete shit anymore! I can't wait :)

TheAeroplane
01-14-2016, 09:27 PM
I would commit suicide on the spot. I just can't stomach living in a world without billy corgan.

wHATcOLOR
01-14-2016, 11:48 PM
"if"? it's "when", maaaan

Cool As Ice Cream
01-15-2016, 01:26 AM
i'd contact the police and tell them everything i know about monty.

Fonzie
01-15-2016, 01:40 AM
I thought Trots was back.

And then 2011.

Titty Boi
01-15-2016, 01:54 AM
i'd smoke a cigarette, kick a pebble down the street.

bobliefeld
01-15-2016, 04:35 AM
I will post 1000 words of complete guff on Facebook about how Billy Corgan was my inspiration, role model and dreamboat. He "got me through some tough times" etc. I'll end it with "and for the first time heaven is insane because heaven is to blame for taking u away x". My pals will all laugh at me and I'll never live it down.

Big Truck05
01-15-2016, 01:59 PM
Very sad. I've actually thought about it, but like anything Pumpkins related, I won;t be letting anyone know how upset I am except for my wife. Kinda hard not to, we live together.

RenewRevive
01-15-2016, 05:22 PM
A man with a big truck should choke down his grief.

redbreegull
01-15-2016, 06:10 PM

more or less. When I first entered the SP fan community, people talked about Machina basically the same way people talk about Teargarden now, that it is a terrible embarrassing album which ruined the band's legacy.

NovaFritz
01-15-2016, 06:11 PM
He already did die, digitally.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9nzt87l5h9g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

enthusaroo
01-15-2016, 06:15 PM
Some would argue that Billy already died many years ago.. like around the year 1999.

crabshack
01-15-2016, 10:02 PM
He already did die, digitally.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9nzt87l5h9g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What the fuck am i Listening to

FoolofaTook
01-16-2016, 09:21 AM
what if he builds a time machine, goes back, and does things right?

did u think of that?

what if he builds a memory erasing machine like in mib and delete's the shit from our minds?

did you think about that?

shun absolutes, son.

what a totally righteous post! :rockon:

I love myself.

ButterflyBullet
01-16-2016, 10:58 AM
If he dies before the Machina reissue comes out i'm gonna fucking kill him

ButterflyBullet
01-16-2016, 10:58 AM
oh wait

cork_soaker
01-16-2016, 12:50 PM
wishing you safe passage and farewell, samuel aquarian

blessed be

toase
01-16-2016, 01:57 PM
but machina is still bad bad album, isn't it

I'm not talking about machina 2

redbreegull
01-16-2016, 02:40 PM
Not really.

not really what? Machina was widely reviled in the early 2000s. It wasn't really until Z came out that the endemic Machina hate dissipated. But generally each album since Adore has been characterized as "the worst one yet"

edit: and I'm not necessarily saying this isn't true, just that it is true that this is the attitude the fans have

enthusaroo
01-16-2016, 03:05 PM
RIP Billy