View Full Version : Sequence IV and Siamese Dream demos

bs1933
11-18-2010, 01:15 PM
I recently stumbled upon some mp3's on my hard drive, and I have no idea where they came from. I was wondering if anyone knew of better quality versions out there somewhere, as I have had them for a while and I know a lot of better sourced stuff has emerged over the years.

One is Sequence IV and the track list is exactly what you see on SPFC
http://www.spfc.org/songs-releases/boot.html?boot_id=189&boot_display=2|0||
The quality isn't very good, it's pretty muddy and quiet sounding.

The other is 5 tracks called Siamese Dream Demos - and when you put it into iTunes it says "alleged" after words. When you listen, it's definitely Billy singing and it's not QAOS because the vocals are different. The tracks I have are Cherub Rock, Disarm, Quiet, Rocket and Today.

Is there better quality of either of these, and can anyone verify what the SD demos are? Hoping this might ring some bells...

Thanks

Pizza Club
11-18-2010, 03:07 PM
There might be a lossless copy of Sequence IV, but it's from the same source so you are out of luck with that.

I don't know what you are talking about with Siamese Dream Demos. I remember there was a version of Rocket floating around that was labeled as demo but later determined to be a live recording. Maybe it's that?

stripes
11-18-2010, 03:12 PM
shut the fuck up

redbull
11-18-2010, 04:02 PM
siamese dream demos would be the five tracks I found on winmx in like 2003 and subsequently spread on the hub. I'm not sure there was ever a consensus reached on where they came from

Rider
11-18-2010, 04:12 PM
siamese dream demos would be the five tracks I found on winmx in like 2003 and subsequently spread on the hub. I'm not sure there was ever a consensus reached on where they came from

Are they the ones that are from UK radio performance or instore or something like that. Or is that just the Today demo that was floating around.

Rider
11-18-2010, 04:18 PM
Also if I remember correctly we figured out that Sequence IV had been messed with by someone, transcoded and had noise reduction. I remember someone admited to doing it, not sure if we ever got a clean copy in circulation.

Skradgee
11-18-2010, 07:11 PM
Oh man...WinMX. Memmmories.

redbull
11-18-2010, 10:10 PM
Are they the ones that are from UK radio performance or instore or something like that. Or is that just the Today demo that was floating around.

I don't think so -- not ringing any bells

and wasnt sequence 4 messed around with by courtney love's assistant or something

Rider
11-19-2010, 12:00 AM
I don't think so -- not ringing any bells

and wasnt sequence 4 messed around with by courtney love's assistant or something

Nah someone on the hub one day admitted it to it when we talking about. I was trying to figure out what was wrong with them and some just came out and said they had noise reduced them horribly. That's where all the digital artifacts came from, this is the version that was widely circulated.

Cool As Ice Cream
11-19-2010, 02:05 AM
those "siamese dream demos" are a mix of everything. they're not really demos, if i remember it correctly.

sequence 4: i don't think a cleaner copy ever circulated. it would be nice if it did.
(i always thought the tape was badly damaged and that a cleaner copy was hence impossible.)

Rider
11-19-2010, 10:26 AM
those "siamese dream demos" are a mix of everything. they're not really demos, if i remember it correctly.

sequence 4: i don't think a cleaner copy ever circulated. it would be nice if it did.
(i always thought the tape was badly damaged and that a cleaner copy was hence impossible.)

Well I'm not saying the original will be anything spectacular, but someone trying to clean up the master messed it up further.

Cool As Ice Cream
11-19-2010, 11:56 AM
i see.