View Full Version : Billy Corgan > Rockline Interview (2010)

amoergosum
11-03-2010, 04:41 PM
You can listen to the complete interview here:
Rockline Radio - Interviews and music from classic rockers and cutting edge superstars! (http://www.rocklineradio.com/replay/replay.php)

"On Rockline last night Billy Corgan finally revealed the reason that he fired original Smashing Pumpkins drummer Jimmy Chamberlin last year.
Billy said that he has always been the one to choose the direction of the band, even if others disagreed. He said that he and Jimmy had a disagreement about the future of the band. He said that the disagreement had been long standing, and Billy said it was nothing he was going to fight over. He said “not all band members live in reality” but he lives in today’s music world reality. He said he’s determined to move the Smashing Pumpkins forward with new music. He also said he doesn’t want to be an oldies band taking money to pay his bills, he wants to be an artist to be an artist. He said Jimmy wanted to shut things down and make things simpler, and become an oldies act."

Source:
GrungeReport.net » Blog Archive » BILLY CORGAN REVEALS WHY HE FIRED SMASHING PUMPKINS DRUMMER JIMMY CHAMBERLIN (http://grungereport.net/?p=801)

soniclovenoize
11-03-2010, 05:41 PM
http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad123/soniclovenoize/CorganIrony.jpg

stumpycat
11-03-2010, 09:49 PM
"On Rockline last night Billy Corgan finally revealed the reason that he fired original Smashing Pumpkins drummer Jimmy Chamberlin last year.
Billy said that he has always been the one to choose the direction of the band, even if others disagreed. He said that he and Jimmy had a disagreement about the future of the band. He said that the disagreement had been long standing, and Billy said it was nothing he was going to fight over.

Billy is finally being truthful about this. Something WE insisted was the case all along (not the unhealthy human being, druggie BS.)

He said “not all band members live in reality” but he lives in today’s music world reality.

ohhh my god. This is just too rich.

He said he’s determined to move <strike> the Smashing Pumpkins</strike> forward with new music. He also said he doesn’t want to be an oldies band taking money to pay his bills, he wants to be an artist to be an artist. He said <strike>Jimmy</strike> Billy wanted to shut things down and make things simpler, and become an oldies act."

Fixed for truth.

Trotskilicious
11-03-2010, 10:07 PM
well if billy wants to do new stuff he should probably drop this whole pumpkins bullshit altogether but i guess he lives in today's music reality or whatever

Trotskilicious
11-03-2010, 10:08 PM
man this guy

Monet LSD
11-03-2010, 10:16 PM
*sigh*

paranoid
11-04-2010, 12:18 AM
so of the two men, which is currently touring on set lists that are half greatest hits? fuck all mighty.

and as i heard it, JC wanted to do a tour that contained mostly hits and fan favorites (like Ruby, Geek, etc etc) to win the back the love of the fan base, or least get some positivity brewing again.. and this was all his reaction to the 20th tour not going over so well as far as audience reactions go.

just put yourself in jimmy's shoes. you do two night shows at about 2.5-3 hours each. you sit behind the kit, wanting to play music, but instead your band leader spends a chunk of that time throwing sarcastic insults at how the audience doesn't ''get it.'' as a result, you are met with boos or general apathy. to top it off, you have to get out from behind the kit at the end of the show and play a kazoo fest in which your leader continues to berate the audience and then walk off of stage all miserable. he then calls it art. oh, and hey, you get to play the same two damn set lists at another city!! wahoo! yeah, after traveling the country on that bullshit for 3 months straight i'd want to get back to basics and play some shit that the crowd would be excited about.

for the record i loved that tour. but i was just one fan who went to one show. a lot of people HATED that tour.

ilikeplanets
11-04-2010, 12:32 AM
http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad123/soniclovenoize/CorganIrony.jpg

Oh god that one's bad

Luke de Spa
11-04-2010, 04:14 AM
today’s music world reality

Mablak
11-04-2010, 04:29 AM
Yeah, I'm guessing if there's any truth to this statement, it's because Jimmy saw playing the hits as the only way to avoid playing Billy's shitastic new material without directly telling him how much it sucked.

vbshlofbvgos
11-04-2010, 05:48 AM
so billy disagreed with jimmy about touring as an oldies act and fired him and did it anyway

vbshlofbvgos
11-04-2010, 05:55 AM
oh wait but he came out with teargarden on top of it
that shows what you know jimmy c!!!!

Reyngel
11-04-2010, 06:42 AM
This is all very consistent with what most of us thought was the real truth. I'm even more convinced now that Jimmy was sick of Billy forcing uncomfortable vibes onto the band, such as nights of insults at crowds who didn't care for a lot of his newer material, and a switch to music that less and less fans could emotionally relate or connect to.

Jimmy knew what we've known all along, too: after the Zeitgeist album and 2007 rivival, nothing Billy's put out since has had the lyrical, emotional or sonic quality to move people.

I bet Jimmy bought into the idea of reviving the band with Billy because Billy explained a vision of bringing back what made the Pumpkins great. So Jimmy puts his heart and soul into recording Zeitgeist and touring with a GOOD mix of old and new back in 2007, and it was actually a pretty decent start. But then Billy threw all of that away. Countless nights of hurling insults at fans at shows, whoring out Pumpkins music to Visa, Hyundai and Guitar Hero, and shallow, less-inspired song writing, such as Widow Wake My Mind and Spangled.

The difference between 7 Shades of Black and anything off of Teargarden, aside from MAYBE Song For a Son, in terms of lyrical and structural defintion, is crazy. Zeitgeist may not have had as huge an impact as anything from 2000 and prior, but it definitely had a lot more depth in its lyrical and sonic quality than Teargarden.

It's like, as soon as Jimmy signed up to what he thought was going to be a great mix of the past and a new, inspired take on the present and future, Billy pulled the rug out from underneath him, exclaiming, "GOTCHA SUCKER. HERE, learn this kazoo medley! This will REALLY piss off all those fans who paid a shitload of money to hear nostalgic music at an anniversary show! Idiots!" Jimmy got fed up with Billy throwing logical fan expectations back in their faces each night, got fed up with shallow songwriting that was not at all like what Billy was going for with Zeitgeist or with the 2000 and prior stint... he told Billy, Billy got insulted by Jimmy not agreeing with him, and they went separate ways.

The ONLY past songs Billy plays at shows now are the radio hits. It's almost comical to think that Billy was upset with Jimmy wanting to play more of the hits, when the only back-catalog material Billy plays now are the songs that radio stations still whore out. What a fucking hypocrite. And, there are many interviews where Jimmy's talked about how excited he was to play a mix of the past and the present, so long as there was a focus on making good music. It's ridiculous of Billy to claim now that Jimmy never felt that way.

And it's fucking insulting that Billy said that bullshit before about Jimmy being ousted because of him not being a healthy person who makes healthy decisions, and now he's saying it's because Jimmy wanted to play more older music. Ridiculous.

Luke de Spa
11-04-2010, 07:13 AM
Jimmy Billy

Jimmy Billy's

Jimmy Billy Billy the Pumpkins Jimmy Billy Pumpkins

Jimmy Billy Jimmy Billy Billy Billy, Billy Jimmy

Billy Billy Jimmy Billy Jimmy's Billy Jimmy

Billy Jimmy Jimmy. Ridiculous.
mommy daddy stop fighting

Luke de Spa
11-04-2010, 07:13 AM
today’s music world reality

Pizza Club
11-04-2010, 09:24 AM
so of the two men, which is currently touring on set lists that are half greatest hits? fuck all mighty.

and as i heard it, JC wanted to do a tour that contained mostly hits and fan favorites (like Ruby, Geek, etc etc) to win the back the love of the fan base, or least get some positivity brewing again.. and this was all his reaction to the 20th tour not going over so well as far as audience reactions go.

just put yourself in jimmy's shoes. you do two night shows at about 2.5-3 hours each. you sit behind the kit, wanting to play music, but instead your band leader spends a chunk of that time throwing sarcastic insults at how the audience doesn't ''get it.'' as a result, you are met with boos or general apathy. to top it off, you have to get out from behind the kit at the end of the show and play a kazoo fest in which your leader continues to berate the audience and then walk off of stage all miserable. he then calls it art. oh, and hey, you get to play the same two damn set lists at another city!! wahoo! yeah, after traveling the country on that bullshit for 3 months straight i'd want to get back to basics and play some shit that the crowd would be excited about.

for the record i loved that tour. but i was just one fan who went to one show. a lot of people HATED that tour.

you nailed it exactly. it drives me absolutely fucking nuts that billy can't think rationally about this...or about ANYTHING lately (conspiracy theories, new age bullshit, being an "artist"). the guy is fairly intelligent but has his head up his own ass so much people that LOVED what he has done in the past go out of their way to dump on him. billy needs to have some kind of traumatic life-changing experience that will allow him to step back and look at things objectively and say "what the fuck am i thinking".

i also enjoyed that tour and i saw 5 shows.

Morlock
11-04-2010, 10:02 AM
Later in the interview Billy admits that Monte freaks him out. Hilarious.

DaveKShape
11-04-2010, 11:57 AM
corgan is so full of shit. "it's hard to tour in the U.S. because not a lot of people have money." yeah... uh huh. that's why people aren't coming out in the thousands. oh, also, you charged $65 for the 20th anniversary tour and yelled at the crowd. money well spent.

june_soma
11-04-2010, 01:39 PM

Yeah, what's that about? He tweeted that too. I mean, I get why, but in what context did this come up? I can't be bothered listening to the whole interview now.

davidrf
11-04-2010, 01:54 PM
I think he should put an end to the Pumpkins and move on...

samuel redman
11-04-2010, 03:40 PM
2008 shows were great

now im looking at the setlists. they areb't radio friendly at all

samuel redman
11-04-2010, 03:41 PM
i dont understand anything anymore

samuel redman
11-04-2010, 03:42 PM
"see, they love it when i am dark and spooky! gaining again...i'm gonna write sad songs and sell my soul...follow me grrr"

he missed the point. nobody cares about dark and spooky/sad songs

wHATcOLOR
11-04-2010, 04:00 PM

do you know where, specifically? would like to hear this, don't want to listen to the whole thing

slunken
11-04-2010, 04:02 PM
"see, they love it when i am dark and spooky! gaining again...i'm gonna write sad songs and sell my soul...follow me grrr"

he missed the point. nobody cares about dark and spooky/sad songs

I like sad songs.

slunken
11-04-2010, 04:03 PM
Sometimes I put on a Patsy Cline record, stretch out in the middle of the kitchen floor and sob uncontrollably.

slunken
11-04-2010, 06:30 PM
LOL @ the title being consistently mispronounced.

june_soma
11-04-2010, 06:41 PM
Ok, I caved and listened to it. The Monte-bit is in the last clip.

"Let's just put it this way, Monte is there for every holiday". BC

Ha ha!

wHATcOLOR
11-04-2010, 06:54 PM

Ha ha!

thanks. that was fantastically awkward.

Caine Walker
11-04-2010, 07:20 PM
"i learned my lesson with the internet."

no, i don't think you have.

Esty
11-04-2010, 07:30 PM
How anyone can still support this guy is amazing.

Caine Walker
11-04-2010, 07:39 PM

Ha ha!

it's not even a "bit". the fucker was able to get through the phone lines for a question.

"monte, you're scaring me."

croPUMPKINS
11-04-2010, 07:43 PM
This is all very consistent with what most of us thought was the real truth. I'm even more convinced now that Jimmy was sick of Billy forcing uncomfortable vibes onto the band, such as nights of insults at crowds who didn't care for a lot of his newer material, and a switch to music that less and less fans could emotionally relate or connect to.

Jimmy knew what we've known all along, too: after the Zeitgeist album and 2007 rivival, nothing Billy's put out since has had the lyrical, emotional or sonic quality to move people.

I bet Jimmy bought into the idea of reviving the band with Billy because Billy explained a vision of bringing back what made the Pumpkins great. So Jimmy puts his heart and soul into recording Zeitgeist and touring with a GOOD mix of old and new back in 2007, and it was actually a pretty decent start. But then Billy threw all of that away. Countless nights of hurling insults at fans at shows, whoring out Pumpkins music to Visa, Hyundai and Guitar Hero, and shallow, less-inspired song writing, such as Widow Wake My Mind and Spangled.

The difference between 7 Shades of Black and anything off of Teargarden, aside from MAYBE Song For a Son, in terms of lyrical and structural defintion, is crazy. Zeitgeist may not have had as huge an impact as anything from 2000 and prior, but it definitely had a lot more depth in its lyrical and sonic quality than Teargarden.

It's like, as soon as Jimmy signed up to what he thought was going to be a great mix of the past and a new, inspired take on the present and future, Billy pulled the rug out from underneath him, exclaiming, "GOTCHA SUCKER. HERE, learn this kazoo medley! This will REALLY piss off all those fans who paid a shitload of money to hear nostalgic music at an anniversary show! Idiots!" Jimmy got fed up with Billy throwing logical fan expectations back in their faces each night, got fed up with shallow songwriting that was not at all like what Billy was going for with Zeitgeist or with the 2000 and prior stint... he told Billy, Billy got insulted by Jimmy not agreeing with him, and they went separate ways.

The ONLY past songs Billy plays at shows now are the radio hits. It's almost comical to think that Billy was upset with Jimmy wanting to play more of the hits, when the only back-catalog material Billy plays now are the songs that radio stations still whore out. What a fucking hypocrite. And, there are many interviews where Jimmy's talked about how excited he was to play a mix of the past and the present, so long as there was a focus on making good music. It's ridiculous of Billy to claim now that Jimmy never felt that way.

And it's fucking insulting that Billy said that bullshit before about Jimmy being ousted because of him not being a healthy person who makes healthy decisions, and now he's saying it's because Jimmy wanted to play more older music. Ridiculous.

honestly, when they first announced comeback, I wanted to see the original line up above all, but I found Zeitgeist to be rather good (better than Machina for one) and always thought all the bashing was rather unfair.

If SC and Gossamer where on it, it would probably be my fav SP album ever.

Even so, after MCIS and Adore, there is a race for my 3rd fav SP album and ZG is not doing bad at all.

slunken
11-04-2010, 07:44 PM
monte asked the best question. fuck you guys.

Corganist
11-04-2010, 08:30 PM
So wait a minute. You guys rail on Billy for months and months about playing hits and not really moving forward, and that if only he'd move on and write some new good music everything would be okay. But then it comes out that Jimmy was pushing for an even more regressive "cash in on the past" kind of direction for the band, and somehow Billy's still the asshole and Jimmy's still the hero? I make no bones about being biased towards Billy in the whole he said/he said he and Jimmy have going on, but at least I'm fucking consistent about it.

I don't see how stuff like this along with all the other shit we've heard from Jimmy since he left about his attitude towards recording and the like doesn't burn people up. The simplest answer for what's gone down isn't that Jimmy was taking some noble stand against Billy and his tyranny. It's that Jimmy wanted to slow down, not tour as much, not record as much, not learn new songs...etc. It's because Jimmy wasn't 100 percent committed to SP and/or music in general anymore. That's why he has barely been seen in public in the past couple years. It's why he hasn't toured. It's why we've waited 2 years to hear the This album only to find that it's only 6 songs with a measly 26 minutes of music. Face it, the guy is all but semi-retired now. But somehow, Billy is the one who is the main culprit behind his absence from SP?? Bullshit. If Jimmy could barely get off his ass and get passionate about his own music in these past couple years, how the hell was Billy supposed to get him passionate enough about SP to do the kind of touring and recording he's done in that same time?

I don't hold it against Jimmy that he wanted to slow down. The guy has had a great career and he certainly doesn't owe it to me or anyone else to continue chasing old glories with Billy if his heart isn't into it. The guy's got a family and is on his way to pushing 50 years old. I can't blame him if he didn't want to tour the world and spend hours in the studio recording stuff with Billy anymore. But I'm not going to fucking kid myself and pretend that somehow his desire to scale things back and take the easy way out even more than Billy is doing right now was somehow going to lead to anything worth anything.

Trotskilicious
11-04-2010, 08:33 PM
he's not making new music it's like he's covering old bullshit nobody liked to begin with man. ok? god damn you're fuckin stupid.

Trotskilicious
11-04-2010, 08:34 PM
it's not even a "bit". the fucker was able to get through the phone lines for a question.

"monte, you're scaring me."

This needs to be expanded upon greatly.

SpFission
11-04-2010, 08:51 PM
he's not making new music it's like he's covering old bullshit nobody liked to begin with man.

huh?

slunken
11-04-2010, 08:51 PM
@ corganist - i was thinking about that too. I think there's a discrepancy between what either of them (or the fans for that matter) means by "hits".

One version of hits could mean just the radio-friendly tunes and the other version could mean songs like geek and ruby.

Trotskilicious
11-04-2010, 09:13 PM
my thing is that the new music is terrible and he's a jackass, so.

paranoid
11-04-2010, 09:58 PM
Corganist, you're a fucking moron.

Morlock
11-05-2010, 12:32 AM
I listened to This.

It's decent. The lyrics are too clichéd, and the vocals generally not great, but the instrumentation is cool, and I also like the lush production.

While Life Begins Again sounded like music played around the drums, GC has Jimmy accompanying the songs.

I like No One Can Tell, Great Civilizations and Sad Reasons. The rest is alright. Not really the kind of music I am into, but it has some interesting bits.

As for Billy's reasons to part with Jimmy, the new explanation is at least comprehensible, as opposed to the vague talk about destructive personalities.

So now we have about as many Teargarden Songs released as we have This songs? Which ones do you like more?

DaveKShape
11-05-2010, 12:35 AM
So wait a minute. You guys rail on Billy for months and months about playing hits and not really moving forward, and that if only he'd move on and write some new good music everything would be okay. But then it comes out that Jimmy was pushing for an even more regressive "cash in on the past" kind of direction for the band, and somehow Billy's still the asshole and Jimmy's still the hero? I make no bones about being biased towards Billy in the whole he said/he said he and Jimmy have going on, but at least I'm fucking consistent about it.

I don't see how stuff like this along with all the other shit we've heard from Jimmy since he left about his attitude towards recording and the like doesn't burn people up. The simplest answer for what's gone down isn't that Jimmy was taking some noble stand against Billy and his tyranny. It's that Jimmy wanted to slow down, not tour as much, not record as much, not learn new songs...etc. It's because Jimmy wasn't 100 percent committed to SP and/or music in general anymore. That's why he has barely been seen in public in the past couple years. It's why he hasn't toured. It's why we've waited 2 years to hear the This album only to find that it's only 6 songs with a measly 26 minutes of music. Face it, the guy is all but semi-retired now. But somehow, Billy is the one who is the main culprit behind his absence from SP?? Bullshit. If Jimmy could barely get off his ass and get passionate about his own music in these past couple years, how the hell was Billy supposed to get him passionate enough about SP to do the kind of touring and recording he's done in that same time?

I don't hold it against Jimmy that he wanted to slow down. The guy has had a great career and he certainly doesn't owe it to me or anyone else to continue chasing old glories with Billy if his heart isn't into it. The guy's got a family and is on his way to pushing 50 years old. I can't blame him if he didn't want to tour the world and spend hours in the studio recording stuff with Billy anymore. But I'm not going to fucking kid myself and pretend that somehow his desire to scale things back and take the easy way out even more than Billy is doing right now was somehow going to lead to anything worth anything.

what the fuck are you even talking about? nowhere in this thread did anyone say that jimmy thought it would be cool to "slow down". corgan didn't say it in the interview, nobody in this thread said it. jimmy never said it either. you're completely speculating that jimmy wanted to slow down, not tour as much, not learn new songs, etc. how the fuck does your brain even work?

what 95% of people in this thread (the other 5% being you) are suggesting is that jimmy was upset about the fact that the 20th anniversary tour came off as this big "fuck you" to the fans, and that jimmy wanted to make amends by going out and playing songs that the die-hard, core fans actually wanted to hear. in fact, he actually wanted to TOUR (despite the fact that you claim he wanted to "slow down") to make things right again.

you can't deny it - the 20th anniversary tour went on sale for weeks, and then right before the tour, after tons of fans had already spent their $65 - $130 bucks, billy sent up some fucked up message like, "some people think this will be us playing our old catalogue - BUT IT'S A CELEBRATION OF WHAT WE ARE NOW!!!" which apparently means occasional yelling at fans, some old obscure songs, the omnipresent radio hits (even though billy isn't a slave to his old songs!!!), and 50% of the set list being new shit that was either hit or miss (usually miss).

i don't blame jimmy for bailing, or getting fired for still having a destructive streak, or, was it that he wanted to be an oldies band, or was it that he didn't want to "cash the check"... i guess it's whatever excuse is convenient to corgan's fucked up mind/ego. who the fuck cares.

jimmy's not the one out there talking shit about the whole situation. is it cause he's really the one whose heart wasn't in the music!?!?!?! no. of course not. it's because a mature, sane, rational human being has the ability to say "this is fucked." and walk away with class. the end.

Corganist
11-05-2010, 01:12 AM
what the fuck are you even talking about? nowhere in this thread did anyone say that jimmy thought it would be cool to "slow down". corgan didn't say it in the interview, nobody in this thread said it. jimmy never said it either. you're completely speculating that jimmy wanted to slow down, not tour as much, not learn new songs, etc. how the fuck does your brain even work?

So the fact that he has slowed down, has not toured, and now has a whopping six songs to show for two years of work is just a complete and total coincidence? You can't pretend like this is some left field theory here. Sure, I'm speculating just as much as anyone else here, but my take has been consistent. I've been saying Jimmy left or was forced out because he lost his mojo ever since I first saw his comments in the infamous Rolling Stone interview, and the facts have done a pretty good job of backing me up subsequent to that. It's not a coincidence that his musical output has dropped off significantly since he left SP.

what 95% of people in this thread (the other 5% being you) are suggesting is that jimmy was upset about the fact that the 20th anniversary tour came off as this big "fuck you" to the fans, and that jimmy wanted to make amends by going out and playing songs that the die-hard, core fans actually wanted to hear. in fact, he actually wanted to TOUR (despite the fact that you claim he wanted to "slow down") to make things right again.

you can't deny it - the 20th anniversary tour went on sale for weeks, and then right before the tour, after tons of fans had already spent their $65 - $130 bucks, billy sent up some fucked up message like, "some people think this will be us playing our old catalogue - BUT IT'S A CELEBRATION OF WHAT WE ARE NOW!!!" which apparently means occasional yelling at fans, some old obscure songs, the omnipresent radio hits (even though billy isn't a slave to his old songs!!!), and 50% of the set list being new shit that was either hit or miss (usually miss).

But again, why is Jimmy the shining knight coming to defend the honor of jilted fans when he wants to play songs "fans want to hear," and yet Billy has been called every name in the book this year for playing hit-heavy sets? Why the double standard? There's absolutely no reason to think that Jimmy's idea of what fans wanted to hear would have been any more on target than Billy's has been. And come on, if Billy toured SP solely on old songs with absolutely no new material whatsoever, he'd be fucking crucified here (rightfully, I might add) for finally taking the last step towards being an irredeemable sellout. But Jimmy suggests it, and suddenly it's a great idea and a missed opportunity. Give me a fucking break. There's never been any part of Billy's career where he's not played new stuff on tour, so for Jimmy to suggest such a radical move is significant, and it shouldn't be hard to understand why Billy balked at it.

i don't blame jimmy for bailing, or getting fired for still having a destructive streak, or, was it that he wanted to be an oldies band, or was it that he didn't want to "cash the check"... i guess it's whatever excuse is convenient to corgan's fucked up mind/ego. who the fuck cares.

jimmy's not the one out there talking shit about the whole situation. is it cause he's really the one whose heart wasn't in the music!?!?!?! no. of course not. it's because a mature, sane, rational human being has the ability to say "this is fucked." and walk away with class. the end.
See? Where the fuck do you guys get this "walking away with class" garbage? That's a complete fucking fantasy based on absolutely nothing. There's not one single iota of evidence that even begins to suggest that Jimmy walked away at all. I just don't understand why you guys have to make Jimmy out to be some saint who somehow fell on his sword for the Smashing Pumpkins and then act like it's somehow insane to think that maybe he's just a regular middle aged guy who just got burned out on being a rock star.

Mariner
11-05-2010, 01:18 AM
corganist's brain should be studied

ilikeplanets
11-05-2010, 01:23 AM
Corganist, you're a fucking moron.

SQUAWK SQUAWK

Esty
11-05-2010, 03:30 AM
There's absolutely no reason to think that Jimmy's idea of what fans wanted to hear would have been any more on target than Billy's has been.

Yet we do know that bills idea of what fans want to hear has failed. God forbid bill allow someone else to have an idea.

if Billy toured SP solely on old songs with absolutely no new material whatsoever, he'd be fucking crucified here (rightfully, I might add) for finally taking the last step towards being an irredeemable sellout.

He took that step a long long fucking time ago.

But Jimmy suggests it, and suddenly it's a great idea and a missed opportunity. Give me a fucking break. There's never been any part of Billy's career where he's not played new stuff on tour, so for Jimmy to suggest such a radical move is significant, and it shouldn't be hard to understand why Billy balked at it.

Jim suggested playing more fan favs instead of old radio hits. Bill consistently says he plays what he wants to play yet he plays the radio hits for the morons who just want to hear the radio hits and only came for the radio hits. I'm sure if he didn't play today, disarm, bullet, and added, um, a 20 minute XYU. That concert would be more welcomed by everyone here instantly.

See? Where the fuck do you guys get this "walking away with class" garbage? That's a complete fucking fantasy based on absolutely nothing. There's not one single iota of evidence that even begins to suggest that Jimmy walked away at all. I just don't understand why you guys have to make Jimmy out to be some saint who somehow fell on his sword for the Smashing Pumpkins and then act like it's somehow insane to think that maybe he's just a regular middle aged guy who just got burned out on being a rock star.

I agree here. Jims helped kill SP these last years. Not that this was SP. Walking away with class after sticking around while bill played god, and pissed off his fanbase was not possible. I can't wait until the day Bill gives in. Its going to happen one day.

Oh, and go fuck yourself corganist. I hate your fucking guts and hope you die a horrible fucking death.

MonteLDS
11-05-2010, 11:15 AM
for those who want to hear my Q its on part 5, I am the 1st caller.

samuel redman
11-05-2010, 11:20 AM
you do know tha Billy doesn't like you, respect you, etc

vbshlofbvgos
11-05-2010, 11:35 AM
he doesn't care. he likes the attention.

Reyngel
11-05-2010, 12:21 PM
I think it's interesting that 99% of everyone I've ever seen post on the board is always in complete disagreement with Corganist.

You'd think that if he had such an objective mind, he'd at least acknowledge that he may, in fact, be dead wrong about his assumptions.

It's usually not a coincidence when everyone thinks you're wrong but you.

ilikeplanets
11-05-2010, 12:43 PM

aww how lame. sammy wants bill's affection. :love:

The Jesus
11-05-2010, 12:44 PM
Cockline

ilikeplanets
11-05-2010, 12:46 PM
Hey Monte, next time ask Billy if he will give a shout out to Samuel Redman. He's too afraid to ask you, but it will really make him happy.

MonteLDS
11-05-2010, 01:14 PM

Right- that is why he invited me into a few soundchecks and has talked to me before shows for long periods of time. sure sounds like a guy who doesn't like me or respect me.

as for the post by Corganist, he has it right in a lot of ways.. but his post are always so long I don't read them completely.

samuel redman
11-05-2010, 01:17 PM
he's famous, he has to talk to braindead fans

MonteLDS
11-05-2010, 01:20 PM
he's famous, he has to talk to braindead fans

and invite them into soundchecks?

he doesn't have to talk to anyone he doesn't want to the same as anyone else

samuel redman
11-05-2010, 01:22 PM
he invited a bunch of people into soundchecks before shows, so im sure you were first in line.

plus he knows that if he didn't let you in, you'd make a stink/stalk him even more because you're confused as to why Billy wouldn't want to talk to you

ilikeplanets
11-05-2010, 02:22 PM
Monte, like does not equal respect.

Mablak
11-05-2010, 03:24 PM
Monte, tolerate does not equal like.

Trotskilicious
11-05-2010, 04:13 PM
Monte, giving you a chance doesn't mean he doesn't think you're a creeper and an idiot now that he knows you.

I can't believe you're proud of getting into a soundcheck, it's really fucking pathetic. OOOOoooOOOo you got to see Birry Corgan do a soundcheck at some minor club oooOOoOoOOOOOoooo

soniclovenoize
11-05-2010, 04:15 PM
Wow, 3 pages already? I should probably listen to this, huh?

soniclovenoize
11-05-2010, 04:23 PM
*ugh* I have to sit through Freak? If they play Song For A Son, that's it, I'm done.

Trotskilicious
11-05-2010, 04:26 PM
no we're making fun of monte and corganist nobody cares about the interview anymore

soniclovenoize
11-05-2010, 04:27 PM
I fully approve of this thread!

samuel redman
11-05-2010, 04:40 PM
i feel like we are now 1980's white street thugs shouting/throwing things at some sort of creepy cult corganist and monte are in

Corganist
11-05-2010, 05:25 PM
I think it's interesting that 99% of everyone I've ever seen post on the board is always in complete disagreement with Corganist.

You'd think that if he had such an objective mind, he'd at least acknowledge that he may, in fact, be dead wrong about his assumptions.

It's usually not a coincidence when everyone thinks you're wrong but you.

99 percent of the people on this board would say the sky isn't blue if it meant that it would somehow discredit Billy.

And at any rate, I've already said in this thread that I'm speculating just as much as anyone else here. Nobody here knows what's really gone down between Billy and Jimmy. But the difference here is that I'm one of the only ones here who actually A) acknowledges that I'm biased, and B) can explain why. I've never claimed to be objective. All I've said is that the facts typically line up with my subjective view of things a lot more easily than the fantasyland scenarios you guys dream up and then treat as gospel.

killtrocity
11-05-2010, 05:58 PM
99 percent of the people on this board would say the sky isn't blue if it meant that it would somehow discredit Billy.

come on dude, you know that's not true and you're making up statistics for no reason

Ihaguitar
11-05-2010, 06:12 PM
I reckon Jimmy wanted to get back to writing killer songs and cut the crap and Billy took offence. The whole Teargarden concept is anal in the extreme. The Zeitgeist "different edition for each supermarket" concept was as well.

Trotskilicious
11-05-2010, 06:39 PM
1% of the people on this board (i.e. Corganist) would say the sky isn't blue if it meant that it would somehow credit Billy.

whorebucket
11-05-2010, 06:41 PM
monte is the definition of a sycophant

june_soma
11-05-2010, 06:59 PM
Monte, tolerate does not equal like.

^

Trotskilicious
11-05-2010, 07:23 PM
more like a psychophant m i rite

Esty
11-05-2010, 07:42 PM
I think bill just doesn't want to hurt montes feelings because monte might hurt bill, himself, or others.

samuel redman
11-05-2010, 07:53 PM
monte is probably autistic, come to think of it

hnibos
11-05-2010, 08:03 PM
monte is probably autistic, come to think of it

i think all of netphoria is autistic

hnibos
11-05-2010, 08:05 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs794.snc4/67420_484701945049_690265049_7393926_972431_n.jpg

AndySlash
11-05-2010, 08:22 PM
"I try to scare you each time we meet!"

jesus monte

Future Boy
11-05-2010, 08:34 PM
for those who want to hear my Q its on part 5, I am the 1st caller.

Right- that is why he invited me into a few soundchecks and has talked to me before shows for long periods of time. sure sounds like a guy who doesn't like me or respect me.

as for the post by Corganist, he has it right in a lot of ways.. but his post are always so long I don't read them completely.

and invite them into soundchecks?

he doesn't have to talk to anyone he doesn't want to the same as anyone else

three posts in a row that dont need deciphering, are we sure this is Monte?

Eulogy
11-05-2010, 08:44 PM
my god monte is so fucking pathetic

Eulogy
11-05-2010, 08:45 PM
i mean how empty must your life be to follow around an aging rock star in the unbelievably creepy way that monte does it? what the fuck does his wife think?

the world makes no sense at all.

MonteLDS
11-05-2010, 09:29 PM
he invited a bunch of people into soundchecks before shows, so im sure you were first in line.

plus he knows that if he didn't let you in, you'd make a stink/stalk him even more because you're confused as to why Billy wouldn't want to talk to you

the first in line thing was not done on the west coast, b/c it was too much work on BC voice.
On the east coast they did a soundcheck and they also did like a mini concert.

He invited me into 3 checks (Petaluma, Reno, and SLC). no need to be jealous

and by now i hope a majority have realized that i don't care what you think of me.

samuel redman
11-05-2010, 09:39 PM
what on earth?

"i dont care what you think of me"

most people would say this a lot because they really do, but i think in your case, you don't. that is frightening

Starla
11-05-2010, 09:53 PM
He said Jimmy wanted to shut things down and make things simpler, and become an oldies act."

This doesn't make sense and is totally opposite of Jimmy. On most interviews leading up to Z and after, Jimmy seemed to be supportive of taking the band in new directions. How many concerts did he stand up on stage and play kazoo with billy, mocking fans who wanted "just an oldies band"? Maybe that changed for Jimmy but I think Billy is not being 100 % honest about this...

Starla
11-05-2010, 10:01 PM
He said “not all band members live in reality” but he lives in today’s music world reality.

I don't think Billy's been in touch with the music world reality or real world reality since Zwan.

Dogfighter28
11-05-2010, 10:47 PM
Corganist:

Corgan doesn't suck

Petrino isn't a slimeball

What's next? Bush wasn't... oh...

WoahtotheHorse
11-05-2010, 11:50 PM
It's funny how you people trash on Monte for being an avid fan...and then all of you are active members of a Pumpkins message-board for literally decades. Double standard.

I happen to know that Monte's a good guy. Stop trashing him and grow up, people...go sailing or something.

I agree with many of Corganist's points, btw...

Esty
11-06-2010, 12:01 AM
what the fuck does his wife think?

If you've seen her pic you should know that thinking isn't something she would do often.

WoahtotheHorse
11-06-2010, 12:13 AM
If you've seen her pic you should know that thinking isn't something she would do often.

Dude, you are such a cock. Little pussies like you would never say something like that face to face because you'd get your ass kicked, so you hide in the anonymity of the internet.

You need to get a girlfriend so you don't have to be so bitter and masturbate to picture of the nasty ugly chick on your profile.

Esty
11-06-2010, 12:18 AM
First off, i'd be more afraid of montes wife than monte himself so i would tell him that.

Second, watch your mouth what you say about brady. She's not that ugly.

WoahtotheHorse
11-06-2010, 12:29 AM
First off, i'd be more afraid of montes wife than monte himself so i would tell him that.

Monte's wife is one of the nicest and most normal people I've ever met.

He'd kick your ass if you manned up and said that to his face. And so would I, you cock.

Starla
11-06-2010, 12:43 AM
I tend to disagree with monte on a multitude of things, from his LDS beliefs to his anti gay marriage stance. And I know that I've said alot about that.. but all in all, I think he's alright. I think I've encountered far worse in people in my lifetime...

Esty
11-06-2010, 03:34 AM
Monte's wife is one of the nicest and most normal people I've ever met.

I'm amazed you were able to understand her grunts.

Ihaguitar
11-06-2010, 04:14 AM
I'm amazed you were able to understand her grunts.

You dont need to understand the grunts when you're taking her from behind.

Monet LSD
11-06-2010, 04:30 AM
and masturbate to picture of

Monte?

MonteLDS
11-06-2010, 01:05 PM
Just for posting fun

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1-aP7RnZPsU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1-aP7RnZPsU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

ilikeplanets
11-06-2010, 02:03 PM
THANK YOU FOR MAKING MY DAY WITH THAT!

Seriously. ROFL

Trotskilicious
11-06-2010, 09:29 PM
It's funny how you people trash on Monte for being an avid fan...and then all of you are active members of a Pumpkins message-board for literally decades. Double standard.

I happen to know that Monte's a good guy. Stop trashing him and grow up, people...go sailing or something.

I agree with many of Corganist's points, btw...

So you're trolling

samuel redman
11-06-2010, 11:38 PM
Monte's wife is one of the most normal people I've ever met.

quick to point that out, huh

Astur
11-07-2010, 04:32 AM
Munneh

paranoid
11-07-2010, 10:12 AM
I don't understand why people are ragging on monte and saying corgan doesn't really like him. Corgan's a crazy twat and so is monte. They are truly meant for each other as idol and fan. Perfect match, really.

EyesOfAJackal
11-07-2010, 10:49 AM
So you're trolling

Netphoria is like Inception with the levels upon levels of trolling that go on here

samuel redman
11-07-2010, 01:33 PM
I don't understand why people are ragging on monte and saying corgan doesn't really like him. Corgan's a crazy twat and so is monte. They are truly meant for each other as idol and fan. Perfect match, really.

ehhh. im sure billy has some limits

redbull
11-07-2010, 03:48 PM
Netphoria is like Inception with the levels upon levels of trolling that go on here

seriously, catherine wheel is like that first level that nobody is sure exists or not

Caine Walker
11-08-2010, 03:54 PM
who i find myself missing, by the way...

zero machine
11-09-2010, 07:01 PM
Hey Monte..

don't worry about these guys.

keep on the good work.....

Starla
11-09-2010, 10:27 PM
People are obviously jealous of monte and his connections with Billy.

Trotskilicious
11-10-2010, 12:59 AM
seriously, catherine wheel is like that first level that nobody is sure exists or not

i miss him so much