View Full Version : MTV World Stage México

DeathCubeK
10-24-2010, 06:40 PM
PART 1
YouTube - Smashing Pumpkins MTV World Stage México Pt. 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjF-UxNHlDM)

PART 2.1
YouTube - Smashing Pumpkins MTV World Stage México Pt.2 .1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgsd4nOlMdI)

PART 2.2
YouTube - Smashing Pumpkins MTV World Stage México Pt.2 .2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CTHcachomU)

PART 3
YouTube - Smashing Pumpkins MTV World Stage México Pt. 3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdzLO4tXyDk)

Mediafire
Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/?z6xq4u5bk6v91)
Post it wherever you want, have fun.

Pizza Club
10-24-2010, 06:49 PM
Thank you!

lambert
10-24-2010, 08:14 PM
The part with the wrestlers during Disarm was pretty funny actually. Not as groan inducing as I thought it was going to be.

slunken
10-24-2010, 09:38 PM
This concert, this music, is trash!

DeathCubeK
10-24-2010, 10:36 PM
Believe me, it attended it. It was so fucking horrible.

It was so perfect to hear Disarm for the first time in Mexico ... and a stupid wrester fucked it up.

But later i read that it was Billy joke and he had a great time, so ... whatever. In one photo of Kristin Burns she had the mask of La Parka, the wrester with the suit of bones.

slunken
10-25-2010, 04:46 PM
the bad skit was the only saving grace in between laughable versions of disarm & zero.

RenewRevive
10-25-2010, 07:54 PM
nice, thanks for this man

T&T
10-26-2010, 01:27 AM
thanks for the share.

Astur
10-26-2010, 01:39 AM
Why does he sing so ...strangely? It's not another case of ommitting consonants... This time he just sounds strange and out of tune.

paranoid
10-26-2010, 11:37 AM
how can anyone watch that performance of zero and then say mike byrne is a good drummer? jesus fucking christ.

paranoid
10-26-2010, 12:34 PM
LOL wtf is happening at the end of zero? Billy turns around, yells at mike then throws something at him.

I'd like to have seen him try to throw something at Jimmy.

slunken
10-26-2010, 12:40 PM
weakest rock ending ever. good enough for mexico, i suppose.

btw it was just his guitar pick

paranoid
10-26-2010, 12:43 PM
what a pussy. throw something bigger.

also, what a horrible mess eye has become. people liked this? and nicole is the worst female backup singer he's ever had on stage with him. I'd rather listen to paz moan out of tune while pajo fucks her in the ass.

iPumpkin
10-26-2010, 01:09 PM
LOL wtf is happening at the end of zero? Billy turns around, yells at mike then throws something at him.

mike burne was asked to leave the smashing pumpkins straight after this concert

/youtube comment

Caine Walker
10-26-2010, 01:45 PM
Fiorentino's bass sounds like a juicy fart.

Deric
10-26-2010, 02:24 PM
Why does he sing so ...strangely? It's not another case of ommitting consonants... This time he just sounds strange and out of tune.

I find his singing nice... It remind me of his old way of singing...

Monet LSD
10-26-2010, 02:41 PM

haha, yeah, you have to wonder about this dynamic. going from a huge guy who could kick his ass, to the new kid.

Astur
10-26-2010, 02:54 PM
how can anyone watch that performance of zero and then say mike byrne is a good drummer? jesus fucking christ.

lol he plays it like a coked out lars ulrich

Esty
10-26-2010, 03:19 PM

Bill was too scared. You never know what kind of drug induced craze jim was capable of.

lucid_interval
10-26-2010, 03:22 PM
I think bill was expecting one final thrash as the song was going that way, yet mike up the tempo again and carried on completely out of place. Billy as so dumbstruck, as was I, that he couldnt even be bothered playing along and thought WTF?

Ihaguitar
10-26-2010, 03:36 PM
The drumming just doesnt sound like Jimmy.

samuel redman
10-26-2010, 03:37 PM
he's actually getting worse

samuel redman
10-26-2010, 03:39 PM
Billy isn't stupid. he's got to know he blows

DaveKShape
10-26-2010, 04:08 PM
the drums are so awful. it'll be hilarious to see what billy says in a few years (or months) after he ditches the kid.

soniclovenoize
10-26-2010, 04:24 PM
:eek: Wow, this cover band sure did get a singer that looks like Corgan.

DaveKShape
10-26-2010, 04:48 PM
byrne doesn't know how to hit the drums with any sort of dynamic touch. it sounds so stale with just the same hammering volume at all times.

cardiac
10-26-2010, 05:17 PM
Hahaa. 'Zero' was hilariously shit. What a trainwreck. I have a feeling your days are numbered, Mike.

soniclovenoize
10-26-2010, 07:06 PM
So I wonder, when Mike joined the band, did the thought enter his head that "HEY THIS GUY FIRES BAND MEMBERS LEFT AND RIGHT!?!?!?!?"

ilikeplanets
10-26-2010, 07:17 PM
Billy isn't stupid. he's got to know he blows

Are you sure?

paranoid
10-26-2010, 07:33 PM
he's the only drummer I've watched where I shout at the screen "Stop That!!"

I'm going to go watch some Glen Kotche drum solo videos to clense my soul now.

samuel redman
10-26-2010, 07:36 PM
as soon as mike leaves this band, it will have my attention again

soniclovenoize
10-26-2010, 07:45 PM
I'm going to go watch some Glen Kotche drum solo videos to clense my soul now.

lol wut

Astur
10-26-2010, 07:48 PM
once he fires him he'll be depicted as a hideous monster who cockteased and then destroyed one innocent boy's dream. his maniacal obsessions are out of control, one way or another we're gonna get fun stories to keep netphoria alive

samuel redman
10-26-2010, 07:51 PM
wait these videos are a few weeks old and byrne is still around

paranoid
10-26-2010, 08:31 PM
lol wut

watch and cleanse:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jkmGSABX1Sg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jkmGSABX1Sg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

and yeah, the mexico gig was a while back. they had been on tour for a while at that point, though.

I give him another year or two before he quits or bc fires him.

soniclovenoize
10-26-2010, 08:33 PM
I guess what I meant, is that you get the irony in panning Mike but then mentioning Glenn, right?

paranoid
10-26-2010, 08:43 PM
I guess what I meant, is that you get the irony in panning Mike but then mentioning Glenn, right?

no i don't know what you're getting at. please explain. i think mike sucks, and i want to experience better drumming. Glenn is a great drummer. wtf are you getting at here? you think kotche blows?

The Omega Concern
10-26-2010, 08:53 PM
I thought they were bigger awkward phases with Walker and Aronoff during their stints in the band. You guys picking on the drummer here is like saying the San Francisco 49ers problem is the QB. There's a lot more to it than that.

The issue for me with this band is the motive. What's the motive anymore? To not find aura's and spirits to balance the Pumpkin process, or to stay blind to that and keep with this formula?

Jeff being a good guitar player isn't enough for a band like this. His presence does not provide balance with Billy. The whole thing looks and feels off, despite fine chops and quality musicianship. And, she's a nice enough girl it seems, but, the current bassist is like a cardboard cutout and it's not her fault, its just kind of ended up that way.

Billy needs a new motive.

samuel redman
10-26-2010, 08:54 PM
you're looking too much into this. a bad drummer throws everybody and everything off. watch the videos

Elvis The Fat Years
10-26-2010, 08:55 PM
that guy is like the carrot top of drummers. break out some more props, fuckhead.

The Omega Concern
10-26-2010, 08:57 PM
i saw them live in Petaluma. I saw a band who was more comfortable with the new material as opposed to stepping through the older songs. My expectations of the drumming was in it's proper place, so what I saw and heard was fine for the evening. And as I recall, less disruptive of the song process for the band than Matt Walker's early period with SP and the entirety of Kenny Aranoff's reign.

soniclovenoize
10-26-2010, 08:59 PM
no i don't know what you're getting at. please explain. i think mike sucks, and i want to experience better drumming. Glenn is a great drummer. wtf are you getting at here? you think kotche blows?

No, I have nothing with Glenn, he's a cool drummer. I laugh because I used to be like WTF with this lineup (and Zwan for that matter) and the whole 'Smashing Pumpkins IS Billy Corgan ethos.' But then I was listening to Wilco, and realised "Oh shit, THIS is a completely different lineup than what they began with, and this is OK! So why am I hung up on the SP3?" Same with The Flaming Lips, only they had three major lineups, four depending on how you look at it. This is just something that happens to bands, for better or for worse (the later in the case of SP).

samuel redman
10-26-2010, 08:59 PM
he's just not interesting at all (his drumming)

The Omega Concern
10-26-2010, 09:00 PM
that I can see...which is my point with the guitarist and the bassist.

soniclovenoize
10-26-2010, 09:02 PM
he's just not interesting at all (his drumming)

WRONG

What you really mean is that he's crap compared to Jimmy Chamberlin who was the be-all-end-all of drummers for this band.

And that's the real issue here. Everyone blasts Mike of how bad of a drummer he is, when he isn't. He's actually quite a good drummer, EQUAL TO Matt Walker.

paranoid
10-26-2010, 09:04 PM
No, I have nothing with Glenn, he's a cool drummer. I laugh because I used to be like WTF with this lineup (and Zwan for that matter) and the whole 'Smashing Pumpkins IS Billy Corgan ethos.' But then I was listening to Wilco, and realised "Oh shit, THIS is a completely different lineup than what they began with, and this is OK! So why am I hung up on the SP3?" Same with The Flaming Lips, only they had three major lineups, four depending on how you look at it. This is just something that happens to bands, for better or for worse (the later in the case of SP).

right. agree. but you're missing my point. it has nothing to do with the bands. mike byrne is a shit drummer. glenn kotche is not a shit drummer, and I wasn't tying him to wilco, i said i was going to watch solo vids.

i may be up jimmy's ass, but if billy at least hired a decent drummer i wouldn't be bitching about sp3 as much. the wilco line up change? for the better. and like you said, with sp, for the worse.

anyway, after watching that full mexican concert with shit drumming, i need to view some drumming that is inspiring. i happened upon glenn.

soniclovenoize
10-26-2010, 09:05 PM
right. agree. but you're missing my point. it has nothing to do with the bands. mike byrne is a shit drummer. glenn kotche is not a shit drummer, and I wasn't tying him to wilco, i said i was going to watch solo vids.

i may be up jimmy's ass, but if billy at least hired a decent drummer i wouldn't be bitching about sp3 as much. the wilco line up change? for the better. and like you said, with sp, for the worse.

anyway, after watching that full mexican concert with shit drumming, i need to view some drumming that is inspiring. i happened upon glenn.

No, I got your point, but see my above post to redman. I dissagree. I think Mike is a great drummer, AS GOOD AS Walker. I think he's the WRONG CHOICE for this band, but people are so bitter, they're scapegoating Mike.

paranoid
10-26-2010, 09:07 PM
WRONG

What you really mean is that he's crap compared to Jimmy Chamberlin who was the be-all-end-all of drummers for this band.

And that's the real issue here. Everyone blasts Mike of how bad of a drummer he is, when he isn't. He's actually quite a good drummer, EQUAL TO Matt Walker.

I strongly disagree with this. have you heard his work with other bands? absolute amateur. he sounds like a school of rock summer camp student. no taste, creativity, no sense of dynamic or nuance, and terrible timing. he sucks.

samuel redman
10-26-2010, 09:07 PM
WRONG

this is really stupid

soniclovenoize
10-26-2010, 09:09 PM
I strongly disagree with this. have you heard his work with other bands? absolute amateur. he sounds like a school of rock summer camp student. no taste, creativity, no sense of dynamic or nuance, and terrible timing. he sucks.

How many drummers have you worked with?

paranoid
10-26-2010, 09:12 PM
No, I got your point, but see my above post to redman. I dissagree. I think Mike is a great drummer, AS GOOD AS Walker. I think he's the WRONG CHOICE for this band, but people are so bitter, they're scapegoating Mike.

when he was rumored to be the one billy was looking at, and we had that you tube video of him playing that terrible drum solo, i said to myself 'there is no way this is what billy is going to hire. he's got a long way to go as far as growing as a musician is concerned..' forget about catching up to the level that preceded him. Then he was hired. I never liked his drumming. And so far, he's a terrible match for this band.

I know several local drummers that can play better than this kid, and i also know several drummers that can play just like him.. there's nothing unique about him. he's no needle in a haystack. like i said, if billy had hired a drummer that could play, make the band sound good, etc, i wouldn't be harping on the current lineup as much.

soniclovenoize
10-26-2010, 09:14 PM

Yeah to actually answer your question...

No, I haven't. I'm judging him by just the videos I've seen (like the one in this thread!). And no, I think he's a pretty good drummer. And you said it, I think your head (and everyone elses too) is so far up Jimmy's ass, that you can't see he's a good drummer.

To me, he sounds like Mike Walker did in 1997. But I thought he was a terrible choice back then, and Mike, as I had said, not a great choice now. I think the reason this band is terrible now is not because of Mike being a shitty drummer, but because he's not Jimmy. Does this make sence?

paranoid
10-26-2010, 09:15 PM
How many drummers have you worked with?

off the top of my head, somewhere in the 25-30 range over the past 7 years.. via studio sessions, gigs, school performances, competitions, drummers i've been in bands with, students, etc etc. The drummer I am currently working and writing with is also 20 years old, ironically.

soniclovenoize
10-26-2010, 09:16 PM
when he was rumored to be the one billy was looking at, and we had that you tube video of him playing that terrible drum solo, i said to myself 'there is no way this is what billy is going to hire. he's got a long way to go as far as growing as a musician is concerned..' forget about catching up to the level that preceded him. Then he was hired. I never liked his drumming. And so far, he's a terrible match for this band.

I know several local drummers that can play better than this kid, and i also know several drummers that can play just like him.. there's nothing unique about him. he's no needle in a haystack. like i said, if billy had hired a drummer that could play, make the band sound good, etc, i wouldn't be harping on the current lineup as much.

Yeah see below...

I mean, agree with you to a point that Corgan should have gone with someone closer to Jimmy's style, rather than Mike's, well, average style. At least Aranoff could pull off a Chamberlin. Cameron probably could too.

soniclovenoize
10-26-2010, 09:17 PM
And for the record, no, I didn't see his drum audition nor any of his old bands. I'm only judging him by his current output. :p

soniclovenoize
10-26-2010, 09:18 PM
Well shit I just deleted a reply to you. That's dumb.

paranoid
10-26-2010, 09:19 PM
Yeah to actually answer your question...

No, I haven't. I'm judging him by just the videos I've seen (like the one in this thread!). And no, I think he's a pretty good drummer. And you said it, I think your head (and everyone elses too) is so far up Jimmy's ass, that you can't see he's a good drummer.

To me, he sounds like Mike Walker did in 1997. But I thought he was a terrible choice back then, and Mike, as I had said, not a great choice now. I think the reason this band is terrible now is not because of Mike being a shitty drummer, but because he's not Jimmy. Does this make sence?

yes it makes sense. but i've always thought walker was miles ahead of where mike is now, same with any other drummer bc has worked with. for example, the drumming on adore is perfect (the songs with live kit).. it really doesn't get much better than once in a while, annie dog, todapp, for martha, etc etc. and jimmy had nothing to do with those tunes. there isn't a single recording from tbk where i haven't cringed at some moment by some really awkward drumming moment. a good drummer is a good drummer, and if billy had hired one, i wouldn't be so adamant about complaining about what we're hearing here.

soniclovenoize
10-26-2010, 09:22 PM
Meh, I think it's more than the drumming that makes me cringe!

I think subconsciously you are more offended by your perceived audacity of Corgan to hire A FUCKING KID to replace THE Jimmy Chamberlin. :)

paranoid
Yeah see below...

I mean, agree with you to a point that Corgan should have gone with someone closer to Jimmy's style, rather than Mike's, well, average style. At least Aranoff could pull off a Chamberlin. Cameron probably could too.

you mean closer to jimmy's playing level? because this kid is trying his damndest to rip off his style, he just doesn't have the talent to pull that off. and like you said, at least cameron, aronoff, etc did have the talent to pull that style off in chamberlins absence. all acceptable in my book.. they all brought something to the table that was unique ad acceptable to smashing pumpkins 'drumming.' this kiddo just doesn't cut it.

Shallowed
Mike was a champ at the show I went to last week.

But yeah, he's not Jimmy, and that sucks a bit.

paranoid
10-26-2010, 09:24 PM
Meh, I think it's more than the drumming that makes me cringe!

I think subconsciously you are more offended by your perceived audacity of Corgan to hire A FUCKING KID to replace THE Jimmy Chamberlin. :)

well you're wrong. i'm pretty conscious of why i dislike his drumming, has nothing to do with his age.

soniclovenoize
10-26-2010, 09:26 PM
you mean closer to jimmy's playing level? because this kid is trying his damndest to rip off his style, he just doesn't have the talent to pull that off. and like you said, at least cameron, aronoff, etc did have the talent to pull that style off in chamberlins absence. all acceptable in my book.. they all brought something to the table that was unique ad acceptable to smashing pumpkins 'drumming.' this kiddo just doesn't cut it.

OK, well that's a good point: At least Walker didn't try to be Jimmy; Mike is still kinda trying to be Jimmy, but he can't. If he was just himself (if there even is one at this point) it could be better. But I think I almost got you to admit he wasn't a bad drummer! ;)

soniclovenoize
10-26-2010, 09:27 PM
well you're wrong. i'm pretty conscious of why i dislike his drumming, has nothing to do with his age.

Despite all his age, you're still just a... something something.

paranoid
10-26-2010, 09:28 PM
OK, well that's a good point: At least Walker didn't try to be Jimmy; Mike is still kinda trying to be Jimmy, but he can't. If he was just himself (if there even is one at this point) it could be better. But I think I almost got you to admit he wasn't a bad drummer! ;)

nope. did i not just say he doesn't cut it?

soniclovenoize
10-26-2010, 09:33 PM
No, you did. I read between the lines.

paranoid
10-26-2010, 09:38 PM
there are no lines here. he sucks.

soniclovenoize
10-26-2010, 09:40 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/Monkey_drummer.gif

paranoid
10-26-2010, 09:43 PM
at least the monkey has good timing.

slunken
10-26-2010, 09:46 PM
i can't get the audio to work.

soniclovenoize
10-26-2010, 09:48 PM
i can't get the audio to work.

I wish I could say the same for SP3.

soniclovenoize
10-26-2010, 09:50 PM
at least the monkey has good timing.

Yeah, he does, doesn't he? :eek: Impressive. Most imprissive.

I'd like him to play in my band. But also because HE'S A FUCKING MONKEY!!!!!!!!

Grant V
10-27-2010, 11:48 AM
According to the latest HU podcast, during one of the Austrailian soundchecks, the band was rehearsing tarantula, and at the end Mike accidentally hits one of his drum microphones. Billy turns around to him and says "Jimmy never hit a mic"

redbull
10-27-2010, 01:24 PM
holy shit, you actually listened to one of those?

samuel redman
10-27-2010, 01:36 PM
According to the latest HU podcast, during one of the Austrailian soundchecks, the band was rehearsing tarantula, and at the end Mike accidentally hits one of his drum microphones. Billy turns around to him and says "Jimmy never hit a mic"

ah this makes me feel good inside. i miss that man

Astur
10-27-2010, 02:07 PM
Billy turns around to him and says "Jimmy never hit a mic"

Sometimes you just have to appreciate Corgan's legendary fucking assholery

slunken
10-27-2010, 02:36 PM

I do when I'm extremely bored. It's no worse than half of what anybody watches on Youtube at any given moment.

Eulogy
10-27-2010, 02:51 PM
Bergman's minor works. And HipstersUnited podcasts.

slunken
10-27-2010, 03:12 PM
You're such a child.

paranoid
10-27-2010, 05:46 PM
Sometimes you just have to appreciate Corgan's legendary fucking assholery

I know. That's comedy fucking gold.

Grant V
10-27-2010, 06:33 PM

uh yeah man i'm like a total faggot.

Deric
10-27-2010, 07:28 PM
[...] i'm [...] a total faggot.

slunken
10-27-2010, 08:03 PM
My favorite TV show is The Cutlery Corner.

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kqquz1VkiP1qzm48lo1_500.png
http://img.youtube.com/vi/Mp5Nt2MUHms/0.jpg
https://www.cutlerycorner.net/images/tom.jpg

TEN DOT, BITCH!

slunken
10-27-2010, 08:04 PM
I felt compelled to let you all know.

slunken
10-27-2010, 08:21 PM
You may not believe it, but this is highly relevant to the topic at hand.

Eulogy
10-27-2010, 08:55 PM
You're such a child.

About God and existentialism.

slunken
10-27-2010, 09:14 PM
lol

slunken
10-27-2010, 09:18 PM
check out the tool fan giving me lip.

Eulogy
10-27-2010, 09:40 PM
check out the tool fan giving me lip.

you would do well to figure out how to laugh at yourself every once in a while

Eulogy
10-27-2010, 09:41 PM
check out the smashing pumpkins fan giving me lip lol!

slunken
10-28-2010, 01:12 AM
you would do well to figure out how to laugh at yourself every once in a while

TEN DOT, BITCH!

Spira|_
10-28-2010, 05:58 AM
Billy cant barely sing on the first songs, Today and Ava Adore.
Drums at the beginning of Eye are weird.
Wtf are those almost random tum tum tum tum in the middle of Zero?!
Billy wasnt happy for sure with the Mike's ending drum on Zero.

...and Nicole was hot as fuck.

stripes
10-28-2010, 08:25 AM
Those mexican wrestlers want the old line up back

stumpycat
10-28-2010, 09:47 PM
The old lineup didn't require the presence of wrestlers on stage to be "cool"...they had plenty of balls rocking out with a clown troupe on stage. :D

omoi
10-28-2010, 11:55 PM
Wrestling perfectly represents what billy's doing right now. Trying to look real, but everyone knows it's fake.

I actually felt bad for the kid with the way the show ended. How embarrassing for the front man to walk off the stage the way he did. Should have thrown his sticks at Billy for throwing the pick at him and then quit. Why take that kind of treatment from Bill, even if he messed up?

stumpycat
10-29-2010, 01:17 AM
Billy cant barely sing on the first songs, Today and Ava Adore.
Drums at the beginning of Eye are weird.
Wtf are those almost random tum tum tum tum in the middle of Zero?!
Billy wasnt happy for sure with the Mike's ending drum on Zero.

...and Nicole was hot as fuck.
Upon viewing this Zero performance myself, it doesn't actually appear that Billy is mad at the end...he's clearly aping Mike a little before that, and then they appear to be joking around with each other at the very end.

Also: it doesn't always seem that Mike is a bad drummer so much as just that the sounds which emanate from his kit sound absolutely fucking retarded. I know I've said this a couple of times before, but this performance cements that view for me. It makes him sound like shit. His tom tom runs have that quality of pressing the drum fill button on a cheap Casio.

Ihaguitar
10-29-2010, 06:26 AM
Upon viewing this Zero performance myself, it doesn't actually appear that Billy is mad at the end...he's clearly aping Mike a little before that, and then they appear to be joking around with each other at the very end.

Also: it doesn't always seem that Mike is a bad drummer so much as just that the sounds which emanate from his kit sound absolutely fucking retarded. I know I've said this a couple of times before, but this performance cements that view for me. It makes him sound like shit. His tom tom runs have that quality of pressing the drum fill button on a cheap Casio.

I agree with your first point, I actually think the ending was planned that way.

Regarding the drum sound I also agree to a certain extend but also will repeat what someone else said - that he lacks Jimmy's "touch" - he lacks dynamic subtlety.

nofix
10-29-2010, 04:09 PM
The entire performance seems forced. Fuck you billy you god loving queer.

amoergosum
10-30-2010, 03:04 AM

I agree. That was terrible.