View Full Version : Billy, the problem is we liked the other guys

Ihaguitar
09-15-2010, 09:02 AM
Jimmy - great drummer, really added something to the music, pushed you further than you would otherwise have reached

James - down to earth foil for Billy's ego, added a relaxed vibe to the music

Darcy - girl on bass, nothing fancy but didnt do much wrong musically.

Cutting those people out of the band and replacing them with what seems like your take on god's children has turned you from a creative force into a rather weak and watery Christian band on the fringes of sanity.

mickyshambles
09-15-2010, 09:13 AM
for someone called ihaguitar, you seem to know fuck all about james iha.

he wasn't cut out of the band, he doesn't want anything to do with the band.

Pizza Club
09-15-2010, 09:25 AM
oh okay another one of these threads

Ihaguitar
09-15-2010, 09:26 AM
for someone called ihaguitar, you seem to know fuck all about james iha.

he wasn't cut out of the band, he doesn't want anything to do with the band.

Because of Billy really.

soniclovenoize
09-15-2010, 09:29 AM
You like guys?

mickyshambles
09-15-2010, 09:50 AM
Do you like guys?

hnibos
09-15-2010, 09:59 AM
interesting posting going on in this thread

Ihaguitar
09-15-2010, 10:16 AM
I do like guys, but I dont like guys.

cjs42079
09-15-2010, 10:33 AM
and for somebody called ihaguitar, you really have no idea just how bad james sucked on guitar. I cringe when listening to live recordings with james. His playing was sloppy, his technique was poor, and overall he couldn't quite keep up with what Billy had laid down in the studio.

his "relaxed vibe" translated into his playing and it wasn't at the same caliber as billy and jimmy

Ihaguitar
09-15-2010, 10:55 AM
and for somebody called ihaguitar, you really have no idea just how bad james sucked on guitar. I cringe when listening to live recordings with james. His playing was sloppy, his technique was poor, and overall he couldn't quite keep up with what Billy had laid down in the studio.

his "relaxed vibe" translated into his playing and it wasn't at the same caliber as billy and jimmy

Well he added something great to the Disarm on Vieuphoria, and his solo album is pretty nice if you ask me.

stripes
09-15-2010, 10:56 AM

apologize you unbelievable fucking asshole

cjs42079
09-15-2010, 10:57 AM
apologize you unbelievable fucking asshole

Never!!!! Dude just said Let It Come down was a pretty good album :think:

Ihaguitar
09-15-2010, 10:59 AM

It is, it's a good listen when you're in that relaxed time is irrelevant mood.

stripes
09-15-2010, 11:00 AM

make a thread and apologize

Astur
09-15-2010, 11:11 AM
is this a special season of the year for people to write these threads for billy or something

Astur
09-15-2010, 11:17 AM
Jimmy - great drummer, really added something to the music, pushed you further than you would otherwise have reached

James - down to earth foil for Billy's ego, added a relaxed vibe to the music

Darcy - girl on bass, nothing fancy but didnt do much wrong musically.

Cutting those people out of the band and replacing them with what seems like your take on god's children has turned you from a creative force into a rather weak and watery Christian band on the fringes of sanity.

I said it once, I'll say it twice: I don't give a fucking damn who the hell is in the band as long as it sounds good and I like the damn songs, regardless of whatever path or style he chooses to go. If he chooses Byrne, Jeff and this other girl and fuck producers and one song at a time and stupid and faggy spirituality, ok, really, I don't care about it, but I just don't like the fucking songs. That is the problem.

It's not even a problem, it's just what it is IMHO

cjs42079
09-15-2010, 12:33 PM
I said it once, I'll say it twice: I don't give a fucking damn who the hell is in the band as long as it sounds good and I like the damn songs, regardless of whatever path or style he chooses to go. If he chooses Byrne, Jeff and this other girl and fuck producers and one song at a time and stupid and faggy spirituality, ok, really, I don't care about it, but I just don't like the fucking songs. That is the problem.

It's not even a problem, it's just what it is IMHO

Apologize as a consumer for wanting a good product!!! How dare you!!

wHATcOLOR
09-15-2010, 12:47 PM
if i had to pick one problem, it woudln't be this. it would be that the songs all suck

soniclovenoize
09-15-2010, 12:49 PM
Do you like guys?

Only if they also have a sniz.

Dogfighter28
09-15-2010, 12:52 PM
All the songs suck

Catherine Wheel
09-15-2010, 05:01 PM
James and Jimmy both had a distinctive style that made the group what it is. Darcy didn't really bring anything to the table. Although considering how sensitive and effeminate the music was at times I think having a female in the band was a good choice.

slunken
09-15-2010, 05:48 PM
Everything sucks all the time and we're all dying.

EyesOfAJackal
09-16-2010, 01:13 AM
D'arcy's a guy?

redbreegull
09-16-2010, 01:15 AM
Ihaguitar hates muslims

samuel redman
09-16-2010, 01:32 AM
im pretty sure darcy was a little bit retarded

slunken
09-16-2010, 01:47 AM
I still get really confused when I watch her sing back-up vocals from the Adore era.

Astur
09-16-2010, 02:04 AM
yes it's like you want her to be cool and sing nice back up but in the depth of your heart you know it sounds awful

vbshlofbvgos
09-16-2010, 02:38 AM
she doesn't sound too bad. its just that constipated look on her face that kind of puzzles you.

aztec litany service
09-16-2010, 03:50 AM
it's a comboproblem, lotsa little things add up to one shit-spangled whole
but that's how everything is
you want to believe in heroes and good and evil and stuff
it's just random crap that keeps happening, things bounce off each other and make new things, the whirlpool of the universe spinning around like a toilet mixing up whatever happens to fall in

applepwnz
09-16-2010, 02:22 PM
im pretty sure darcy was a little bit retarded

this

plus I always thought it was kindof cool how James looked bored when playing, it kindof gave the impression of him being a robot sent to rock. And don't forget the ending of Silverfuck/Jackboot on Vieuphoria, that was fucking awesome!

Ihaguitar
09-16-2010, 05:05 PM
Darcy claims to have suffered from stage fright at every show.