View Full Version : Billy talks like a 14-year-old girl

dustrock
09-13-2010, 04:59 PM
# Thank you thank you thank you to the Smashing Pumpkins fans who have stuck with us. We appreciate you! Gonna rock you Spokane! 8 minutes ago via txt

# The Smashing Pumpkins are back. And we a'int going fucking anywhere but UP ha ha fucking hardy har har...what a beautiful day to LOVE+HONOR 9 minutes ago via txt

# Thank you to the indie retailers who honor the long history of SP and our place in alternative culture. Don't you get it yet? 11 minutes ago via txt

# SP continues to expose the wires to the farce that is the mu-sick biz-ness...thank you to the radio stations that support us as independents 12 minutes ago via txt

# How did the world get so upside down that the people who write about music see themselves as more valuable than the artists themselves? 13 minutes ago via txt

# Show me a band or a music artist with a problem and I will at least bow to them doing *some-thing* in this world, ego or not... 15 minutes ago via txt

# Hipsters and blog fascists beware because SP exposes that your game isn't real, integral, fair, or even about music. It is about YOU 16 minutes ago via txt

# You know those horror movies where there is the *thing* that won't die? That is SP. We a'int gonna make that mistake again. Hipsters beware! 17 minutes ago via txt

The Jesus
09-13-2010, 05:43 PM
Describe this 14-year old girl for us. What kind of underwear is she wearing?

bardy
09-13-2010, 05:56 PM
it doesnt even make sense?? What is he talking about? Can I get a translation

samuel redman
09-13-2010, 05:59 PM
bill is probably going to try to rip out Geek USA to prove the "old pumpkins" are dead, haha

Caine Walker
09-13-2010, 06:07 PM
i thought the hipsters were supposed to unite. and come alive for the big fight to rock.

dustrock
09-13-2010, 06:39 PM
I was going to say "or a professional wrestler".

wHATcOLOR
09-13-2010, 06:45 PM
yes, more about this girl... does she have an older sister?

CrabbMan
09-13-2010, 06:48 PM
Does she have a younger sister?

wHATcOLOR
09-13-2010, 06:55 PM
for the love of god, tell us about her sisters!!!!!

Rickpat12
09-13-2010, 08:43 PM
I heard her mom is decent looking.

soniclovenoize
09-13-2010, 08:57 PM
I heard her mom is decent looking.

God, you're a fucking perv.

...Unless she's got one in the oven...

paranoid
09-13-2010, 09:42 PM
holy fuck he can not take any sort of criticism, huh? he keeps going and going, too.

dustrock
09-13-2010, 10:31 PM
ah yes, the old saw: if you can't play music, you cannot critique music.

vbshlofbvgos
09-13-2010, 10:59 PM
i really hate twitter

Starla
09-13-2010, 11:16 PM
# Hipsters and blog fascists beware because SP exposes that your game isn't real, integral, fair, or even about music. It is about YOU 16 minutes ago via txt

wtf is a blog fascist? why does he put so much emphasis on what people say online. and what is a hipster?

Starla
09-13-2010, 11:19 PM
what is the difference between indie and hipster

samuel redman
09-13-2010, 11:21 PM
none

Rider
09-13-2010, 11:22 PM
"integral" amazing how he still hides little new age code words into messages. That bullshit actually made sense to him to the point where it's part of his internal monologue and he thinks everyone will know what the fuck he is talking about.

Rider
09-13-2010, 11:27 PM
ROCK AND OR ROLL MOTHERFUCKERS!!!

YouTube - IntegralNaked's Channel (http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=IntegralNaked)

Yeah fuck them hipster bloggers!

stumpycat
09-13-2010, 11:35 PM
wtf is a blog fascist? why does he put so much emphasis on what people say online. and what is a hipster?

Pitchfork?

Rider
09-13-2010, 11:41 PM
YouTube - On Relationships (with Diane Musho Hamilton) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J95i1abVuQQ)

Starla
09-13-2010, 11:48 PM
why do people read pitchfork? their shit means nothing.

Rider
09-13-2010, 11:53 PM
why do people read pitchfork? their shit means nothing.

That's the type of thing a hipster would say.

redbull
09-14-2010, 12:03 AM
i really don't see why everybody shits their pants about pitchfork dissing a band. it isn't like you don't have a MILLION other avenues by which to read about them.

Starla
09-14-2010, 12:45 AM
I am not a hipster.

applepwnz
09-14-2010, 12:46 AM
i really don't see why everybody shits their pants about pitchfork dissing a band. it isn't like you don't have a MILLION other avenues by which to read about them.

Seriously, but that's why pitchfork is popular, it tells the kids what they do or don't like

paranoid
09-14-2010, 12:57 AM
Seriously, but that's why pitchfork is popular, it tells the kids what they do or don't like

people that believe that other people are really that stupid, are stupid.

pitchfork telling you what to like and not to like is not different than billy telling you to dislike indie/hipsters. but luckily *most* people can think for themselves.

Musica
09-14-2010, 01:12 AM
http://ny-image3.etsy.com/il_430xN.165779199.jpg

paranoid
09-14-2010, 01:23 AM
here is the article that sent him into a tizzy:

MUSIC - Billy Corgan brings smashed pumpkins to Spokane (http://www.inlander.com/spokane/article-15569-drama-king.html)

samuel redman
09-14-2010, 01:28 AM
The Smashing Pumpkins exclusive song release through Sweet Relief Musician's Fund (http://sweetrelief.org/)

new song Spangled

samuel redman
09-14-2010, 01:31 AM
more classic Mike

samuel redman
09-14-2010, 01:34 AM
i dunno anymore

paranoid
09-14-2010, 01:35 AM
more classic Mike

haha.. what do you mean?

samuel redman
09-14-2010, 01:37 AM
light airy drumming. nothing too different from anything he's played before

paranoid
09-14-2010, 01:38 AM
figured as much.

Rider
09-14-2010, 01:40 AM
I am not a hipster.

Never met a hipster that would admit they were one.

Rider
09-14-2010, 01:42 AM
here is the article that sent him into a tizzy:

MUSIC - Billy Corgan brings smashed pumpkins to Spokane (http://www.inlander.com/spokane/article-15569-drama-king.html)

What a horrible article.

paranoid
09-14-2010, 01:43 AM
What a horrible article.

i know.. it amazes me billy even acknowledged it.

Ball Sack Face
09-14-2010, 02:02 AM
it's pretty sad that's all it takes to make him so defensive these days

Trotskilicious
09-14-2010, 02:07 AM
Never met a hipster that would admit they were one.

i'm a hipster

slunken
09-14-2010, 02:20 AM
BILLY TWEETS ABOUT HIPSTERS - HOW UNCOMMON

Rider
09-14-2010, 02:29 AM
i'm a hipster

We all know you are not a hipster.

Cool As Ice Cream
09-14-2010, 02:38 AM
i'm a hipster

that is such a hipster thing to say.

Starla
09-14-2010, 03:51 AM
i am the complete antithesis of all things hipster and i have proof of it!

Starla
09-14-2010, 03:54 AM
# RT @lindastrawberry: @billy if any of those hipster blog fools knew anything real about music they'd be MAKING IT not whining and posing ... about 2 hours ago via txt

lol they really hate those hipsters. BUT NEXT WEEK WE WILL HAVE POSTS ABOUT LOVING ONE ANOTHER AND SHIT LIKE THAT

Cool As Ice Cream
09-14-2010, 03:58 AM
'cause everyone knows that mindy KNOWS something REAL about music, right? and she isn't the one to be ever whining or posing, right?

LOL cunt

Slurpee
09-14-2010, 09:34 AM
I am not a hipster.

Are you sure? Are you wearing skinny jeans?

Cool As Ice Cream
09-14-2010, 09:58 AM
http://forums.netphoria.org/profile.php?do=addlist&userlist=ignore&u=22199

bardy
09-14-2010, 12:20 PM
"I am drawing the magic circle with LOVE to protect all within"

I hope he read that thread about how shitty his concerts are

Catherine Wheel
09-14-2010, 04:59 PM
what is the difference between indie and hipster

Hipsters are trendy types. They just follow whatever is popular at the time. Indie just means underground stuff or bands on independent record labels/ films pushed by independent companies.

Ihaguitar
09-14-2010, 05:07 PM
Pitchfork?

So he's pissed that 1979 came 21st?

Ihaguitar
09-14-2010, 05:13 PM
Because now, with his partner Chamberlin gone, he’s by himself. Smashing Pumpkins is finally, truly only Billy Corgan. And whether or not 97 percent of the time Smashing Pumpkins has always been Corgan, that 3 percent of the time that he let those other members in were the times that made the band.

And those were the times that made Corgan the star he is today.

Is that hipster talk or just someone giving an honest opinion?

slunken
09-14-2010, 08:43 PM
Indie just means underground stuff or bands on independent record labels/ films pushed by independent companies.

No. Indie is now a genre, just like alternative was in the 90s.

Ihaguitar
09-15-2010, 04:06 AM
No. Indie is now a genre, just like alternative was in the 90s.

Indie was a genre in the 90s

slunken
09-15-2010, 05:58 PM
Not in the way it is now.

wHATcOLOR
09-15-2010, 06:45 PM
do we have any deets on the girl and her sister(s) yet??

wHATcOLOR
09-15-2010, 06:48 PM
and yeah, that article was weak. im surprised he acknowledged it too. you'd think after his 20 years in the business, which he keeps emphasizing, his skin would be a little thicker

CrabbMan
09-15-2010, 07:14 PM
Like, what age are the sisters? Are they fatties? Cuz I don't need no fatties.

Catherine Wheel
09-15-2010, 07:44 PM
Indie isn't really a genre in the sense that indie bands sound similar. I mean Interpol and Vampire Weekend are both indie bands and they sound nothing like Pavement or Modest Mouse or each other. Indie doesn't really fit the definition of a genre.

wHATcOLOR
09-15-2010, 07:49 PM
Catherine Wheel, do you know anything about these girls? trying to get some info here!

slunken
09-15-2010, 08:08 PM
Indie isn't really a genre in the sense that indie bands sound similar. I mean Interpol and Vampire Weekend are both indie bands and they sound nothing like Pavement or Modest Mouse or each other. Indie doesn't really fit the definition of a genre.

Because the last two bands you mentioned were indie when it truly meant independent of a major label yet the first two are more indicative of what indie means as a type of sound. Not sure about how Interpol would be classified as indie in either of those senses though.

I already know this conversation/debate is useless, fwiw.

Catherine Wheel
09-15-2010, 08:15 PM
Because the last two bands you mentioned were indie when it truly meant independent of a major label yet the first two are more indicative of what indie means as a type of sound. Not sure about how Interpol would be classified as indie in either of those senses though.

Interpol have been on an independent label for most of their career. 3 out of 4 albums.

slunken
09-15-2010, 08:18 PM
Matador records is not an indie label.

Catherine Wheel
09-15-2010, 08:30 PM
Yeah it is. And the point is those 4 bands have nothing in common with each other stylistically. It's a just way to describe bands that for the most part are on indie record labels or at some point during their careers were on indie record labels. Vampire Weekend sound like Paul Simon, the Police and synth pop acts. They aren't even alternative sounding anymore. They couldn't be any farther in sound from Interpol than they are now.

redbull
09-15-2010, 08:51 PM
way to completely ignore the fact that bands who group together on labels tend to sound alike and tend to get named things with the word indie in them? (indie pop, etc)

slunken
09-15-2010, 09:07 PM
Yeah it is.

I must be imagining that Matador has been in cahoots with Atlantic & Capitol Records since the early 90s then.

Here's another bubble-burster for you: Nothing Records, Hut & Caroline are not indie either. Those 3 labels probably showcase bands you may be more familiar with.

soniclovenoize
09-15-2010, 10:21 PM
Fucking rich kids with connections, ripping off Afropop.

Rider
09-15-2010, 10:27 PM

There haven't really been genres of Music for 30 years. Most Genres since punk have described either a physical location or a social movement and not really the music. Punk, No Wave, New Wave, Grunge, Alternative, Emo... They all more aptly describe a culture and don't describe a unique musical style very well.

If I name 50's and 60's genres a distinct style of of music instantly pops into your head Rockabilly, Surf Music, Motown, Skiffle... There are a few modern genres that do this but they are the minority Shoegaze, Hardcore Punk...

Rider
09-15-2010, 10:32 PM
I must be imagining that Matador has been in cahoots with Atlantic & Capitol Records since the early 90s then.

Here's another bubble-burster for you: Nothing Records, Hut & Caroline are not indie either. Those 3 labels probably showcase bands you may be more familiar with.

There is no such thing as indies anymore. All the indie labels have used the same larger distributors for 20 years. The 90's indies grew to be the new wave of majors, Merge consistently outsells the majors now. It's like the ending to the Wal-Mart episode of South Park.

Catherine Wheel
09-15-2010, 10:39 PM
Punk and new wave both have a distinct sound. Punk is jagged and noisy. New Wave tends to incorporate synthesizers. Grunge is diverse in the sense that a lot of it is either classic rock / hard rock influenced or Nirvana / Pixies influenced. but that's a far cry from indie rock which really isn't classifiable at all. post punk comes the closest to what you're talking about as the music being so diverse that its hard to classify. But other than post-punk I think genres still very much exist and can be defined by a sound.

soniclovenoize
09-15-2010, 10:47 PM
Quick! Check wikipedia!

Catherine Wheel
09-15-2010, 10:54 PM
I wouldn't really call post-punk a genre as much as a movement that started in the late 70s in response to the limitations of punk rock.

Rider
09-15-2010, 11:05 PM
Punk and new wave both have a distinct sound. Punk is jagged and noisy. New Wave tends to incorporate synthesizers. Grunge is diverse in the sense that a lot of it is either classic rock / hard rock influenced or Nirvana / Pixies influenced. but that's a far cry from indie rock which really isn't classifiable at all. post punk comes the closest to what you're talking about as the music being so diverse that its hard to classify. But other than post-punk I think genres still very much exist and can be defined by a sound.

Yeah see this is the problem everyone tries to rewrite history and define the genre on there own. Punk is a term that describe a cultural movement that includes bands that have nothing musically in common. The Ramones sound nothing like the Talking Heads, I know the new trend is to sub divide things into punk, post punk, proto-punk. Hell I know a few people who are trying to call 60's garage rock the first generation of punk, what's funny is though they then refer to the Velvet Underground and MC% as proto-punk which makes no sense once you change 1976 into the start of the second generation of punk.

Trying to shoe horn these cultural movements into musical style fails miserably. You are never going to be able to redefine things to explain on a totally musical level how Patty Smith, The Ramones, The Talking Heads and Television are all the same type of music.

If we are really going to talk in terms of music genres you would have to group The Ramones on a path developing from Phil Spector and they would really have no relation at all to the other CBGB's bands. But that's not the way people want to see it, most people want to lump everything into this idolized and romanticized musical movements, where all these bands were influencing each other and there was this great scene happening. The true answer is they all developed their sound independently and played at a club in a shitty neighborhood that would let anything on stage.

Trust me I know way to much on this subject.

russian iha
09-15-2010, 11:12 PM
I think that the common place for indie is a low-to-mid-level distortion gain. All the bands mentioned in this thread strum Tele's with the same guitar tone, almost indistinguishable from each other. Also most of indie tracks feature flat 4/4 rhythm with hi-hat on second (no matter if it's ironic disco-punk, or ironic deadpan post-punk, or Pavement-style balladery).

Rider
09-15-2010, 11:15 PM
I think that the common place for indie is a low-to-mid-level distortion gain. All the bands mentioned in this thread strum Tele's with the same guitar tone, almost indistinguishable from each other. Also most of indie tracks feature flat 4/4 rhythm with hi-hat on second (no matter if it's ironic disco-punk, or ironic deadpan post-punk, or Pavement-style balladery).

See here we go everyone has there own definition.

slunken
09-15-2010, 11:23 PM

For posterity.

Catherine Wheel
09-15-2010, 11:23 PM
Talking Heads are as punk as the Smashing Pumpkins are grunge. Sometimes you'll find that bands get lumped into a genre that they don't belong to because it's convenient for the media or music critics. People also called Blondie punk and that is completely wrong. You cant always go by what other people say with stuff like this.

Trotskilicious
09-15-2010, 11:44 PM
<h1>CATHERINE WHEEL YOU KNOW ABSOLUTELY FUCK ALL ABOUT MUSIC STOP ARGUING WITH PEOPLE WHO DO THANK YOU</h1>

Catherine Wheel
09-15-2010, 11:47 PM
Was the caps really necessary?

Trotskilicious
09-15-2010, 11:49 PM
yes because you won't shut up like you're an expert

Catherine Wheel
09-15-2010, 11:51 PM
I never claimed to be an expert. I'm not talking like an expert. I just don't believe that genres have really moved away from being about a sound as he says. You're obnoxiousness is uncalled for.

Catherine Wheel
09-15-2010, 11:58 PM
I'm not going to stoop to your level and have it out with you. I'm not an argumentative person. I just wish you would leave me alone.

vbshlofbvgos
09-15-2010, 11:58 PM
most uncalled for sir, most uncalled for

hnibos
09-16-2010, 12:20 AM
# Thank you thank you thank you to the Smashing Pumpkins fans who have stuck with us. We appreciate you! Gonna rock you Spokane! 8 minutes ago via txt

# The Smashing Pumpkins are back. And we a'int going fucking anywhere but UP ha ha fucking hardy har har...what a beautiful day to LOVE+HONOR 9 minutes ago via txt

# Thank you to the indie retailers who honor the long history of SP and our place in alternative culture. Don't you get it yet? 11 minutes ago via txt

# SP continues to expose the wires to the farce that is the mu-sick biz-ness...thank you to the radio stations that support us as independents 12 minutes ago via txt

# How did the world get so upside down that the people who write about music see themselves as more valuable than the artists themselves? 13 minutes ago via txt

# Show me a band or a music artist with a problem and I will at least bow to them doing *some-thing* in this world, ego or not... 15 minutes ago via txt

# You know those horror movies where there is the *thing* that won't die? That is SP. We a'int gonna make that mistake again. Hipsters beware! 17 minutes ago via txt

wow

FlspnutIsCool
09-16-2010, 01:04 AM
I'm not going to stoop to your level and have it out with you. I'm not an argumentative person. I just wish you would leave me alone.

faggot

wHATcOLOR
09-16-2010, 01:10 AM
guys guys guys. i think we're losing sight of what's important here. we want to know more about this girl and her sister(s). back on topic!

soniclovenoize
09-16-2010, 07:25 AM

Are you 14 years old? I mean seriously? It's OK, I mean, that's cool if you are, but I just have to know.

Kahlo
09-16-2010, 07:57 AM
Eugh. Stop trying to hook up with underaged posters.

russian iha
09-16-2010, 10:57 AM
Are you 14 years old? I mean seriously? It's OK, I mean, that's cool if you are, but I just have to know.

Not 14 yet, but I had a rather cool bar mitzvah half a year ago.

bardy
09-16-2010, 11:38 AM
did he post this after he read our thread?

"Lord, help me understand! RT @Jessicaveronica: Oh god. I just used the word sweetieface #youknowyourinlovewhen"

wHATcOLOR
09-16-2010, 01:11 PM
this is almost sweet, a twitter fanboy flirtation btwn bill and shawn michaels:

SM I heard Billy Corgan(smashing pumpkins)is a wrestling fan. That so? Can u all help me find him. That's neat if true.

BC @ShawnMichaels_ if you are looking for me, i'm right here. but my mind is blown at the moment if you are!

SM @Billy. Shawn Michaels here. Just wanted 2 say thx 4 all the support 2 our industry. Big of ya!

BC @ShawnMichaels_ no, thank you sir! i was 4th row last WM, match w/ "Taker was a work of art. very honored to hear from u

SM @Billy. Very much appreciated my friend. Hope 2 have the chance 2 meet u personally. Take care.

BC *jerks off furiously*

Cool As Ice Cream
09-16-2010, 01:19 PM
lol

Trotskilicious
09-16-2010, 09:45 PM
Not 14 yet, but I had a rather cool bar mitzvah half a year ago.

oh that explains your dumbness

Cool As Ice Cream
09-17-2010, 02:22 AM
how come the bar mitzvah was only rather cool?
are you satisfied with that, or are you a bit disappointed?
did anything go wrong?
were you expecting more from it? do you have any examples of things you were expecting, but that didn't happen in the end?

russian iha
09-17-2010, 03:18 AM
Are you asking me or anyone in general?

russian iha
09-17-2010, 03:19 AM
oh that explains your dumbness

Yeah, and what explains yours?

Cool As Ice Cream
09-17-2010, 03:45 AM
Are you asking me or anyone in general?

i'm asking you. (how could i ask that to anyone in general? you're the one who had a "rather cool" bar mitzvah.)

russian iha
09-17-2010, 04:41 AM
i'm asking you. (how could i ask that to anyone in general? you're the one who had a "rather cool" bar mitzvah.)

Are you sure that I was the only one?

Cool As Ice Cream
09-17-2010, 04:58 AM
does it matter?

answer the fucking questions.

soniclovenoize
09-17-2010, 07:40 AM
My grandfather and my great-uncle were extras in the bar mitzvah scene in A Serious Man.

Just sayin.

Trotskilicious
09-18-2010, 01:32 AM
Yeah, and what explains yours?

Weed.

Trotskilicious
09-18-2010, 01:32 AM
teenagers are always LOL

russian iha
09-18-2010, 01:20 PM
Weed.

Wow, you smoke weed, you're a pure rebel, free minded and fighting against the system.

Trotskilicious
09-18-2010, 03:26 PM
no i like drugs

russian iha
09-18-2010, 04:07 PM
Weed is a drug omg lol.

Trotskilicious
09-18-2010, 04:25 PM
you're a pure rebel, free minded and fighting against the system.