View Full Version : James is officially in APC

russian iha
09-13-2010, 10:45 AM
Twitter / A Perfect Circle: MJK, Billy, Josh Freese, J ... (http://twitter.com/aperfectcircle/status/24387578280)

MJK, Billy, Josh Freese, James Iha, Matt McJunkins (Ashes Divide, Puscifer).

cork_soaker
09-13-2010, 11:02 AM
a$h<sub>y</sub>z div<sub>y</sub>de

paranoid
09-13-2010, 11:15 AM
ahahaha i hope they play bigger venues than current SP

russian iha
09-13-2010, 12:02 PM
Yeah, it would be hilarious if the album (which is ready according to MJK, and it is rumored that they will showcase first single by the end of october) goes platinum. I wonder what BC would say.

exactlythesame
09-13-2010, 12:03 PM
ought to be better than the previous bubblegum pop effort

Astur
09-13-2010, 12:25 PM
FUCK YOU BILLY

pale_princess
09-13-2010, 12:48 PM
barf.

Mo
09-13-2010, 12:57 PM
MJK, Billy, Josh Freese, James Iha, Matt McJunkins

This line-up is about three million times more awesome than anything BC puts on stage nowadays. :noway:

cork_soaker
09-13-2010, 01:18 PM
was unaware people cared about this band at all, ever

sjpaterra
09-13-2010, 01:27 PM
...I don't know, I've been collecting music for a long-ass time... I've listened to A LOT of music and please dont let the fact that im a pumpkins fan get in the way of what im about to say, but, APC just isn't that interesting at all. Pretty boring music, overall. They just have that really bad "sound" and their songs are way too pretentious. I'd rather listen to Tool and coming from me that says a lot.

But whatever, my oppinion doesn't matter. I believe we're all thinking the same thing: "Thank [god] james is in a band that isn't as gay as Tinted Windows"

samuel redman
09-13-2010, 01:38 PM
this band really sucks though

samuel redman
09-13-2010, 01:38 PM
Josh Freese? sweet

Astur
09-13-2010, 02:06 PM
"Thank [god] james is in a band that isn't as gay as SP3.14"

ñ

paranoid
09-13-2010, 02:11 PM
yeah, this band does blow, but still people go out and buy it's records/concert tickets. i hope it outsells pumpkins.

samuel redman
09-13-2010, 02:17 PM
im looking at Bills twitter page, has he lost his mind

samuel redman
09-13-2010, 02:19 PM
he cant handle the truth

Kahlo
09-13-2010, 02:21 PM
All your silly words can't kill the Love in SP. This band is going to win and you can't stand it: Mikey, Nicole, Jeff, and BC are HERE

1 minute ago.

samuel redman
09-13-2010, 02:22 PM
jeez...

np: Christmastime

samuel redman
09-13-2010, 02:22 PM
id like to see Jimmy take a shit all over Mikey

samuel redman
09-13-2010, 02:23 PM
"Actually, to be honest, 3/4 of SP are in Portland. I am in the woods, in front of a fire cooking up a lovely, earthen brew. Time is coming.. "

samuel redman
09-13-2010, 02:26 PM
Bill is gonna fire the new band soon, i can feel it

Astur
09-13-2010, 02:36 PM
Not EVERY PERSON ON THE PLANET SHOULD BE IN A BAND (caps for f'n emphasis LOL) my LOL for the irony challenged
Sat Sep 11 2010 23:41:32 (Hora de verano romance) vía txt

Esty
09-13-2010, 02:36 PM
Looks like that solo album is going to be delayed.

samuel redman
09-13-2010, 02:44 PM
"Old SP: Dead. Buried. Gone. New SP: Alive. Free. Dangerous. God: The Best! Absolute. Unconditional. Radical"

samuel redman
09-13-2010, 02:45 PM
he's just fucking with us

russian iha
09-13-2010, 03:06 PM
They just have that really bad "sound" and their songs are way too pretentious.

I suppose that's because they don't use Roland 808 and ironic handclaps as a rhythm section?

soniclovenoize
09-13-2010, 03:20 PM
APC is like the Tool that's alright for your little sister to listen to.

Slurpee
09-13-2010, 03:48 PM
I'm trying to find the article he's talking about... probably some lolz inside.

Slurpee
09-13-2010, 03:57 PM
Haha this is definitely it:
Music & nightlife | Smashing Pumpkins: These 'dinosaurs' can still rock | Seattle Times Newspaper (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/musicnightlife/2012881172_smashing13.html)

Note: If you want Billy to get mad at you, compare his band to Hole.

Eulogy
09-13-2010, 04:20 PM
Josh Freese? sweet

uhhh he's been in the band since it started.

APC hate is lame. Mer de Noms is awesome and about half of Thirteenth Step is awesome. eMotive was lame but I don't think much effort went into that.

i hope they leave the west coast at some point.

samuel redman
09-13-2010, 04:26 PM
wouldnt waste my time listening to them Eulogys

Eulogy
09-13-2010, 04:44 PM
I saw them at the metro way back when (before the release of thirteenth step) and it was one of my favorite shows ever.

I mean I was like 14 or something but still. it was awesome.

Astur
09-13-2010, 04:44 PM
APC hate is lame. Mer de Noms is awesome and about half of Thirteenth Step is awesome. eMotive was lame but I don't think much effort went into that.

^

slunken
09-13-2010, 04:50 PM
I liked Tool all right in high school and thought the Mer de Noms was kind of neat but I outgrew all that stuff very quickly.

Astur
09-13-2010, 05:05 PM
I liked Tool all right in high school and thought the Mer de Noms was kind of neat but I outgrew all that stuff very quickly.

May I ask how do you exactly outgrow music?

duovamp
09-13-2010, 05:17 PM
Who's the chick in the background?

pepper666
09-13-2010, 05:24 PM
Billy Corgan is genius and even if i like James as part of the SP history, APC is not that interesting for me..

soniclovenoize
09-13-2010, 05:27 PM

Puberty

stripes
09-13-2010, 05:37 PM
LOL at the people on the third night that have to watch Emotive

Catherine Wheel
09-13-2010, 07:35 PM
I kind of outgrew Tool. But I still listen to APC from time to time.

brendo_91
09-13-2010, 08:09 PM
Josh Freese? sweet

freese has been in apc right from the start. i think the only track he didnt play on was the hollow, and he's been on all tours..

russian iha
09-13-2010, 09:02 PM

I said this in the previous APC thread, Thirteenth Step was probably the last great overproduced blockbuster rock record. Can't remember any since. I remember 2003 and it was the year when that garage/60's wave broke out, and there was an assload of cliche White Stripes kids who all of a sudden plugged their Gibson Nighthawks in bass combos, recorded it on vintage 4-tape and then encoded them in 128kbps mp3's with Macbooks.

And Thirteenth Step sounded like a fresh oceanic wave with its sparse arrangements, airy bass, inventive drumming and epic dramatic songwriting. And I love the album in whole, it's brilliant, except maybe for The Package, which doesn't fit whole melodramatic image.

And it's weird how people underrate Emotive. There are probably four or five sub-par (on APC standards) tracks, but their renditions of Mitchell, Led Zeppelin, Marvin Gaye are mesmerizing.

eyesofruby32
09-13-2010, 09:11 PM
Off the subject, but are you guys into Mars Volta?

Catherine Wheel
09-13-2010, 09:27 PM
Thirteenth Step is more beautiful and mature than Mer de Noms. It's less alternative metal sounding than their first one. It reminds me a lot of the Cure.

russian iha
09-13-2010, 09:27 PM
Off the subject, but are you guys into Mars Volta?

It's not off subject, I've already mentioned hipsters.

soniclovenoize
09-13-2010, 09:34 PM
I said this in the previous APC thread, Thirteenth Step was probably the last great overproduced blockbuster rock record. Can't remember any since. I remember 2003 and it was the year when that garage/60's wave broke out, and there was an assload of cliche White Stripes kids who all of a sudden plugged their Gibson Nighthawks in bass combos, recorded it on vintage 4-tape and then encoded them in 128kbps mp3's with Macbooks.

And Thirteenth Step sounded like a fresh oceanic wave with its sparse arrangements, airy bass, inventive drumming and epic dramatic songwriting. And I love the album in whole, it's brilliant, except maybe for The Package, which doesn't fit whole melodramatic image.

And it's weird how people underrate Emotive. There are probably four or five sub-par (on APC standards) tracks, but their renditions of Mitchell, Led Zeppelin, Marvin Gaye are mesmerizing.

http://serve.mysmiley.net/adult/handjob.gif

stumpycat
09-13-2010, 11:42 PM
Haha this is definitely it:
Music & nightlife | Smashing Pumpkins: These 'dinosaurs' can still rock | Seattle Times Newspaper (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/musicnightlife/2012881172_smashing13.html)

Note: If you want Billy to get mad at you, compare his band to Hole.

For the most part (except that Freak sounds like "old" Pumpkins) that is an extremely accurate article!

russian iha
09-13-2010, 11:45 PM
And Spangle isn't beautiful.

FlspnutIsCool
09-13-2010, 11:47 PM
he's just fucking with us

that would be a pretty good joke

redbull
09-14-2010, 12:01 AM
It's not off subject, I've already mentioned hipsters.

hipsters HATE tmv. the term you're looking for is "scene kids"

rudi
09-14-2010, 01:23 AM

You outgrow songs like 3 Libras, but not songs with lyrics like "Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage"? :eek:

Patuquitos
09-14-2010, 05:55 PM
"Old SP: Dead. Buried. Gone. New SP: Alive. Free. Dangerous. God: The Best! Absolute. Unconditional. Radical"

I feel the urge to comment on how extremely inadequate looks the world 'Dangerous' applied to Smashing Pumpkins 2010. :erm:

Ihaguitar
09-14-2010, 05:58 PM

Billy Corgan: Twat. Fruitcake. Spanner. Deluded.

Kahlo
09-14-2010, 05:59 PM
Spanner is a pretty good insult.

Why does BC keep saying the new SP is dangerous? - this makes me laugh.

LunchWithBilly
09-14-2010, 06:11 PM
Yeah, it would be hilarious if the album (which is ready according to MJK, and it is rumored that they will showcase first single by the end of october) goes platinum. I wonder what BC would say.

"BC" wouldn't say a goddamn thing you stupid asshole. If you know anything about the Perfect Circle clan, you should know Billy Howerdel writes and composes all that music. That new APC record is already complete I'm sure and James is just a nice puppet to use for another bald guy to play precisely the guitar parts he is instructed to.. When James first joined 2 weeks before the 13th step tour, Billy Howerdel sent James videos of himself playing each part that James would play during the tour just to ensure he would have his shit down..Bottom line- BC wouldn't give a fuck if they went platinum because its not like James wrote any of that shit..Besides, APC will tour again for maybe a year and then disappear until 3 or 4 years AFTER we see another Tool record.. The saga continues..

Josh Freese? sweet

Exactly! :banging:

slunken
09-14-2010, 08:37 PM

Well for example I don't think Ray Stevens is as funny as when I was a child. Mississippi Squirrel Revival just doesn't have the same impact on me as when I was 7.

You outgrow songs like 3 Libras, but not songs with lyrics like "Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage"? :eek:

Yea, okay. You caught me. I totally get off on that song. I cry when I hear Disarm, too. :erm: But srsly I prolly liked the song 3 Libras best off that album but I find it pretty cringe-worthy nowadays. I don't think I have the ability to be take myself that seriously or be that self-indulgent anymore.

russian iha
09-14-2010, 08:43 PM
"BC" wouldn't say a goddamn thing you stupid asshole. If you know anything about the Perfect Circle clan, you should know Billy Howerdel writes and composes all that music.

Except for being associated with Iha, APC is also a project with a quite similar purpose and approach to music as SP1. Quiet-loud dynamics, lush production, mixture of prog/metal/pop/psych/classic rock, multi-platinum ambitions (and a few other similarities like being released under Virgin/EMI, girl bass player, drummer with mad skills, etc.).

If the album sells, I'm pretty sure BC will see this as an example of what could've been to him.

applepwnz
09-14-2010, 09:27 PM
Spanner is a pretty good insult.

Why does BC keep saying the new SP is dangerous? - this makes me laugh.

Well there was that show in CA where the venue was dangerously overfilled.

slunken
09-14-2010, 11:19 PM
Yea but old SP has a fricking body count.

TuralyonW3
09-14-2010, 11:45 PM
APC is like the Tool that's alright for your little sister to listen to.

except where the guy screams fuck your christ a few times.

TuralyonW3
09-14-2010, 11:47 PM
Perfect Circle was great live.

A post-record-labels-and-cds-era version of them has the potential to be really fucking cool.

soniclovenoize
09-15-2010, 07:44 AM
except where the guy screams fuck your christ a few times.

I bet lots of 14 years creamed their pants at that one. http://serve.mysmiley.net/adult/handjob.gif

Mike Byrne
09-15-2010, 01:21 PM
Awesome news. I loved APC when James was involved!

russian iha
09-15-2010, 01:40 PM
I bet lots of 14 years creamed their pants at that one. http://serve.mysmiley.net/adult/handjob.gif

I thought 14 years couldn't get past "Rose".

And I never thought myself doing this, but:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_Tmr_sAnv60?fs=1&amp;hl=ru_RU"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_Tmr_sAnv60?fs=1&amp;hl=ru_RU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I mean, really, come on.

soniclovenoize
09-15-2010, 02:59 PM
I thought 14 years couldn't get past "Rose".

And I never thought myself doing this, but:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_Tmr_sAnv60?fs=1&amp;hl=ru_RU"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_Tmr_sAnv60?fs=1&amp;hl=ru_RU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I mean, really, come on.

Yeah, I guess if they're not playing a huge stadium it must be crap, right?

Seriously, do have something against music not on a major label? Based on that first post I handjobbed, you seemed bitter that something like The White Stripes could tear down "blockbuster rock albums." Is that what you look for? You don't think the ethos of the "blockbuster rock album" is a bit contrived by now, that there aren't other valid ways of making music?

BTW Circulatory System is WAY more layered than APC, but you have't given it a chance past some random live youtube video I posted. Is that what most APC fans are, closed-minded elitists who only take what's spoonfed?

Astur
09-15-2010, 03:11 PM
loooooooooooool

Eulogy
09-15-2010, 04:08 PM
Yea, okay. You caught me. I totally get off on that song. I cry when I hear Disarm, too. :erm: But srsly I prolly liked the song 3 Libras best off that album but I find it pretty cringe-worthy nowadays. I don't think I have the ability to be take myself that seriously or be that self-indulgent anymore.

See, I think your inability to enjoy a song like 3 Libras (or anything else on that album, really) is that you're taking yourself entirely too seriously.

dean_r_koontz
09-15-2010, 05:00 PM
He wouldn't want to take himself too seriously.

slunken
09-15-2010, 05:52 PM
See, I think your inability to enjoy a song like 3 Libras (or anything else on that album, really) is that you're taking yourself entirely too seriously.

No see I said I used to like it. It's just not my cup of tea anymore. But even if I never liked it, does this mean I would have to be in a jokey mood to enjoy it?

"Ha ha oh man nobody sees him I feel like that sometimes nobody sees me either haha that's awesome lol"

Eulogy
09-15-2010, 06:56 PM
No see I said I used to like it. It's just not my cup of tea anymore. But even if I never liked it, does this mean I would have to be in a jokey mood to enjoy it?

"Ha ha oh man nobody sees him I feel like that sometimes nobody sees me either haha that's awesome lol"

No? All I'm saying is that acting enjoying 3 Libras requires taking yourself seriously seems to imply that you're taking yourself too seriously. Just on a different level.

Hard to articulate, i dunno.

exactlythesame
09-15-2010, 07:10 PM
Yeah, I guess if they're not playing a huge stadium it must be crap, right?

Seriously, do have something against music not on a major label? Based on that first post I handjobbed, you seemed bitter that something like The White Stripes could tear down "blockbuster rock albums." Is that what you look for? You don't think the ethos of the "blockbuster rock album" is a bit contrived by now, that there aren't other valid ways of making music?

BTW Circulatory System is WAY more layered than APC, but you have't given it a chance past some random live youtube video I posted. Is that what most APC fans are, closed-minded elitists who only take what's spoonfed?

too easy

Ihaguitar
09-15-2010, 07:12 PM
Anyone got a good example of Iha's guitar work in APC?

soniclovenoize
09-15-2010, 10:22 PM
too easy

Hey it ain't easy being cheesy.