View Full Version : ~!@#$%^&*()

spa ced
03-09-2003, 03:01 PM
Tell me your theory on life.

Toby
03-09-2003, 03:11 PM
You live, love and die and its an endless cycle over and over again.

spa ced
03-09-2003, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Toby
You live, love and die and its an endless cycle over and over again.

So you believe in reincarnation?
What is this purpose of this?
When are you *done*?
(looking for thorough explanation of the entire process)

Toby
03-09-2003, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by sp_aced

So you believe in reincarnation?
What is this purpose of this?
When are you *done*?
(looking for thorough explanation of the entire process)

Reincarnation is the idea that your soul continues forever. That you might be born a dog, but your next life you can be a human and so on and so on. The purpose...... religion........what is the purpose for any religion? Well being and spiritual comfort. Does the reincarnation end? I believe that earth is hell... and thru spiritual and religious sacifices that you progress to the next "level". Thus reincarnations might not ever end, But who knows if any religion is true or not.

yo soy el mejor
03-09-2003, 03:26 PM
i wish i had something smart to say. but my theory is just to live life to the fullest and then die. eesh. dying seems really scary to me.

spa ced
03-09-2003, 03:38 PM

Reincarnation is the idea that your soul continues forever. That you might be born a dog, but your next life you can be a human and so on and so on. The purpose...... religion........what is the purpose for any religion? Well being and spiritual comfort. Does the reincarnation end? I believe that earth is hell... and thru spiritual and religious sacifices that you progress to the next "level". Thus reincarnations might not ever end, But who knows if any religion is true or not.

What would you learn from being a dog or a cow or any animal?

spa ced
03-09-2003, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by yo soy el mejor
i wish i had something smart to say. but my theory is just to live life to the fullest and then die. eesh. dying seems really scary to me.

What do you believe happens after death?

SuckSuckStyle
03-09-2003, 03:53 PM
don't get me started

spa ced
03-09-2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by SuckSuckStyle
don't get me started

*revs your engine*
C'mon...spill it.

SuckSuckStyle
03-09-2003, 04:00 PM
dude, i could write a book..

are you familiar with buddhism?

here's my basic theory: whatever YOU believe is true. if you are christian and beleive you're going to heaven, then you are. if you're jewish and you believe you're one of the chosen, then you are. i think the 'theory' on life is in accordance to individual beleives and not one big true plan. it's up to the individual to decide what their theory is and ride it out. someone might be a devout catholic and pray and eventually go to heaven while I reincarnate over and over again until I reach my enlightenment. then it's over.

spa ced
03-09-2003, 04:05 PM

here's my basic theory: whatever YOU believe is true. if you are christian and beleive you're going to heaven, then you are. if you're jewish and you believe you're one of the chosen, then you are. i think the 'theory' on life is in accordance to individual beleives and not one big true plan. it's up to the individual to decide what their theory is and ride it out. someone might be a devout catholic and pray and eventually go to heaven while I reincarnate over and over again until I reach my enlightenment. then it's over.

Yep I'm familiar with buddhism.
Very open theory...cool...I've pondered that one myself...that's one reason I stay away from Catholicism, because if what I believe actually happens, then they believe homosexuals go to hell, and I can't have that happen.
(I don't believe in hell though, so...)

Toby
03-09-2003, 04:05 PM

how to chase cats or eat grass...j/k I don't know what you would learn as an animal, but there must be some reason for thier existance(sp) as well as ours

spa ced
03-09-2003, 04:07 PM

how to chase cats or eat grass...j/k I don't know what you would learn as an animal, but there must be some reason for thier existance(sp) as well as ours

I've heard a theory that we can't reincarnate into animals because where as we are three-dimensional (in spirit or some shit) they are only two...so you would gain nothing by becoming them...
But hey, no one knows the truth unless you're dead right so...

yo soy el mejor
03-09-2003, 04:20 PM

What do you believe happens after death?

i dont think anything happens. we're just lifeless bodies. thats what scares me... being alone and shit.

DeviousJ
03-09-2003, 05:12 PM

Humility probably. Being put in the position of other living creatures might be good for a few people.

Toby
03-09-2003, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by DeviousJ

Humility probably. Being put in the position of other living creatures might be good for a few people.
maybe for those who have bad souls, like crooks and whores

hereisnowhy
03-09-2003, 05:43 PM
I believe you must become the change you want to see in the world. I used to attribute that little nugget to Bono from U2 until someone told me it was actually Ghandi who said it. :o

MADpeace
03-09-2003, 06:41 PM
shut up all of you.

Eulogy
03-09-2003, 07:42 PM

Well what happens if you don't know what you believe in?

Elvis The Fat Years
03-10-2003, 08:57 AM

maybe for those who have bad souls, like crooks and whores

:rofl:

haven't you seen pretty woman?

Best Looking Boy
03-10-2003, 12:03 PM

here's my basic theory: whatever YOU believe is true. if you are christian and beleive you're going to heaven, then you are. if you're jewish and you believe you're one of the chosen, then you are. i think the 'theory' on life is in accordance to individual beleives and not one big true plan. it's up to the individual to decide what their theory is and ride it out. someone might be a devout catholic and pray and eventually go to heaven while I reincarnate over and over again until I reach my enlightenment. then it's over. That sounds all good and nice, but it's just a nice idea, it's nothing to believe in. It's like going to a Unitarian Church, sure it's nice because they accept everyone, but it ain't a church, it's like a town hall. You don't feel religious going to a Unitarian Church. Let's just pick the theories we think are cool and nice and believe in them right? :rolleyes:

Ketchup
03-10-2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Best Looking Boy
That sounds all good and nice, but it's just a nice idea, it's nothing to believe in. It's like going to a Unitarian Church, sure it's nice because they accept everyone, but it ain't a church, it's like a town hall. You don't feel religious going to a Unitarian Church. Let's just pick the theories we think are cool and nice and believe in them right? :rolleyes:

wow, for once we actually thought of the same thing? odd. :o

meow
03-10-2003, 06:06 PM
why do i get stomach cramps when i eat bacon???

Ketchup
03-10-2003, 06:09 PM
jeebus is punishing you! :(