View Full Version : Why does Billy hate his fans?

Billy'sBigEgo
08-19-2010, 04:44 AM
I don't understand his tirades against us! Especially when we continue to buy his albums,attend his concerts and help pay for his multi-million dollar mansion, fancy sports cars and rock star lifestyle.I'm sensing a little Bi-Polar disorder here. :confused:

Catherine Wheel
08-19-2010, 05:06 AM
I stopped trying to understand and justify Billy's behavior a long time ago.

DiscoJon
08-19-2010, 06:23 AM
If I had "fans" like Corganist, I'd hate 'em too.

lucid_interval
08-19-2010, 10:18 AM
I don't understand his tirades against us! Especially when we continue to buy his albums,attend his concerts and help pay for his multi-million dollar mansion, fancy sports cars and rock star lifestyle.I'm sensing a little Bi-Polar disorder here. :confused:

everything you have written is conjecture, and while some of it may be true, you dont know so i suggest you fuck off

RockLobster
08-19-2010, 10:20 AM
billy just thinks his fans are all suckers. he knows he's producing garbage and he's laughing at you.

DaveKShape
08-19-2010, 10:40 AM
short answer: he's delusional.

long answer: he's completely batshit crazy and prays to yaweh or some shit, and that's the reason why he writes garbage now. and all that awesome music he wrote in the past has been labeled "negative", so therefore anyone who loves that old music is "not down with god" and "probably is the reason for chemtrails" or some bullshit.

Kahlo
08-19-2010, 10:45 AM
Monte.

eyesofruby32
08-19-2010, 06:34 PM
Maybe he should have just tried to put together a typical album, without all kinds of stupid alternate releases (like Zeitgeist Best Buy editions, etc.) and elaborate, elongated release plans (Teargarden). It is annoying being a music consumer, because besides CD's, we have lifeless digital downloads. I always prefer the physical album, and generally despise having to deal with iTunes. Teargarden is geared towards the digital age, which really sucks; if you want it physically, pony up $30 to $50 for the box, depending on where you buy it. Ludicrous. At least the downloads are free. I bought the box ($42 with shipping) for my brother's upcoming 30th birthday; he's another old-time SP fan.

samuel redman
08-19-2010, 06:48 PM
Monte.

i know

soniclovenoize
08-19-2010, 07:32 PM
Maybe he should have just tried to put together a typical album, without all kinds of stupid alternate releases (like Zeitgeist Best Buy editions, etc.) and elaborate, elongated release plans (Teargarden). It is annoying being a music consumer, because besides CD's, we have lifeless digital downloads. I always prefer the physical album, and generally despise having to deal with iTunes. Teargarden is geared towards the digital age, which really sucks; if you want it physically, pony up $30 to $50 for the box, depending on where you buy it. Ludicrous. At least the downloads are free. I bought the box ($42 with shipping) for my brother's upcoming 30th birthday; he's another old-time SP fan.

Well, just outsmart him! You're looking into the torrenting situation from that other thread, right? If soundquality is what you're after, just download the FLAC rips of it, and make your own single 14-15 song album when he has enough (good) material out. That's what I'm gonna do; honestly, I'm sure 14 out of the 44 tracks will be at least Machina-worthy (har har) and wouldn't be a bad record. Not great, but at least listenable. Time will tell...

I will say, and I think I'm the only one here, is I kinda do like what Corgan's doing with the one-song-at-a-time gig. It's true, the industry is shifting away from marketing album-oriented-rock and more to pushing singles, as it was in the 1950s and early 1960s. It's a smart move, I know other bands are doing the same (the Modest Mouse EPs, Radiohead claimed just EPs now on, even though they backed out of that claim...). I almost did this with my own band--instead of putting out a record, make it three EPs--but wussed out, because I/we are eternally enamoured with the concept of "the album." There's always gonna be people like you and I who do want the physical item and a cohesive 45-minute listening experience. Someday the shift will go back to albums--every action has a reaction... But as of right now, there's more consumers who are interested in one single song to cue up on their iPod or to use as a ringtone (they may be idiots, but they're still consumers). Corgan's betting on that, and it's a smart move. If anything, I can see how it would be refreshing from an the artist's standpoint to focus on just one song instead of a collection of them. Now, if only he could put out better songs... :p

Trotskilicious
08-19-2010, 10:31 PM
y'all niggas postin in a troll thread

Starla
08-19-2010, 10:33 PM
don't NAACP us

soniclovenoize
08-20-2010, 02:39 PM
y'all niggas postin in a troll thread

Hey! I was talking to her!

IEatMyFeces
08-20-2010, 10:33 PM
Reading his most recent interviews, it really seems he has his mind in the right place and seems at peace with himself. I think part of the reason people get upset is that they want to have the same emotions when they first heard the pumpkins. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that, and it's understandable, but you're setting yourself up for disappointment if you expect him to go out there and play stuff like Geek or Kitty Kat. Everybody knows that he's not out there to tend to your needs but rather to express his art. I would be super annoyed as well if people kept bothering me to play songs I've been playing for 15 years instead of hearing new music (whether it's good or bad).

This guy has constantly been putting out music for the past 20 years and now he's started to release his new music for free? How could you put down a guy like that? "He sold out, etc" Even fucking Zappa "sold out" so he could have the type of artistic freedom he had for most of his career.

End point being - how can you not be happy for this guy?

I know someone is going to break down my post in bullet points criticize it to hell, so save yourself the time.

aomb1979
08-21-2010, 12:36 AM
Reading his most recent interviews, it really seems he has his mind in the right place and seems at peace with himself. I think part of the reason people get upset is that they want to have the same emotions when they first heard the pumpkins. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that, and it's understandable, but you're setting yourself up for disappointment if you expect him to go out there and play stuff like Geek or Kitty Kat. Everybody knows that he's not out there to tend to your needs but rather to express his art. I would be super annoyed as well if people kept bothering me to play songs I've been playing for 15 years instead of hearing new music (whether it's good or bad).

This guy has constantly been putting out music for the past 20 years and now he's started to release his new music for free? How could you put down a guy like that? "He sold out, etc" Even fucking Zappa "sold out" so he could have the type of artistic freedom he had for most of his career.

I know someone is going to break down my post in bullet points criticize it to hell, so save yourself the time.
Your username makes it easy to disregard whatever you say

slunken
08-21-2010, 12:37 AM
This guy has constantly been putting out music for the past 20 years and now he's started to release his new music for free?

zomg lol

Billy'sBigEgo
08-25-2010, 03:24 AM
Lucid Interval should fuck off and no this is not a troll thread.I've liked the Pumpkins since Siamese Dream came out.It's utterly ridiculous for someone of stature and age to belittle his fans,The one's who've bank rolled his lifestyle and made him successful.So when Lucid tells me i don't know shit,well,I've been around long enough to know a sucker when i see one and hear one! I don't hear Eddie Vedder ranting about bullshit,especially his fans.I'm not paying money to a show to hear him call me or us idiots.Someone should have thrown a fucking water bottle at his head or bitch slap that fool. Here's to you Lucid! :banging: You fucking moron! :rofl:

wHATcOLOR
08-25-2010, 03:27 AM
perhaps he hates himself and his fans serve as a mirror of sorts..

Ihaguitar
08-25-2010, 05:21 PM

Well I disagree, he's clearly not all happy or he wouldnt constantly keep trying to convince himself and others with his bullshit tweets and wank songs. These days he sings like he's on 60mg prozac a day nobody with a level head sings like that there's a serious delusional quality to everything he says nowadays. Clearly unable to accept that this life is all you have he is now clinging to the god delusion and making normal people suffer his crap in the process.

Everybody really needs to stop going to his concerts until he realises what he's done.

slunken
08-25-2010, 05:23 PM
perhaps he hates himself and his fans serve as a mirror of sorts..

no shit. he made this bed and now he has to lie/lay in it.

Trotskilicious
08-26-2010, 02:24 AM
we are pretty mean tho

Kahlo
08-26-2010, 03:11 AM
sometimes you have to be cruel to be cruel