View Full Version : Pumpkins article in new Rolling Stone issue

Catherine Wheel
08-14-2010, 03:35 PM
I'll type out the interesting parts

"I feel more pressure than ever" he says "People ask why I'm continuing and say I don't have the right. I have to prove there's a reason to do this."

Unlike the last Pumpkins tour - when the band regularly played three-hour plus shows - this outing will be more focused. Corgan opens with the aggressive new cut "Astral Planes," but the tight two-hour set is heavy on Pumpkins hits like "Disarm" and "Tonight Tonight." Still, Corgan fears that nothing with satisfy his rabid fan base. "Half of those fucking jerkos would have me playing all of Siamese Dream," he says. "They're stuck in 1993."

"I felt like we could have played a shorter set," he says between bites of his traditional post-concert meal of grilled chicken and vegetables. "And '1979' really didn't work at all-we should drop it."

redbreegull
08-14-2010, 03:56 PM
That is not from the newest Rolling Stone.

Catherine Wheel
08-14-2010, 04:04 PM
Sorry. You're right. It's the August 5 version.

Trotskilicious
08-14-2010, 04:06 PM
i love how he freely calls half the fanbase jerkos even though i doubt any of us want him to play all of siamese dream and i'm certainly not stuck in 1993, he's just stuck in another dimension where he's making great new music

is there anyone else that's been around as long as billy has that publicly insults the fact that fans want him to play the old classics?

I'm sure Pearl Jam still plays Black at shows and i don't think they call their fans idiots for wanting them to.

Ihaguitar
08-14-2010, 04:09 PM
I'll type out the interesting parts

"I feel more pressure than ever" he says "People ask why I'm continuing and say I don't have the right. I have to prove there's a reason to do this."

Unlike the last Pumpkins tour - when the band regularly played three-hour plus shows - this outing will be more focused. Corgan opens with the aggressive new cut "Astral Planes," but the tight two-hour set is heavy on Pumpkins hits like "Disarm" and "Tonight Tonight." Still, Corgan fears that nothing with satisfy his rabid fan base. "Half of those fucking jerkos would have me playing all of Siamese Dream," he says. "They're stuck in 1993."

"I felt like we could have played a shorter set," he says between bites of his traditional post-concert meal of grilled chicken and vegetables. "And '1979' really didn't work at all-we should drop it."

I'm sorry, who's saying this? Not even the most vehement haters of the current Billy say he doesnt have they right. What a wack-job.

Ihaguitar
08-14-2010, 04:12 PM
i love how he freely calls half the fanbase jerkos even though i doubt any of us want him to play all of siamese dream and i'm certainly not stuck in 1993, he's just stuck in another dimension where he's making great new music

is there anyone else that's been around as long as billy has that publicly insults the fact that fans want him to play the old classics?

I'm sure Pearl Jam still plays Black at shows and i don't think they call their fans idiots for wanting them to.

Yeah, I dont think the problem is anything to do with people being stuck in 1993. They just want to hear good music like they did in 1993. Billy must be truely up himself if he cant see that.

vbshlofbvgos
08-14-2010, 08:51 PM
I'm sorry, who's saying this? Not even the most vehement haters of the current Billy say he doesnt have they right. What a wack-job.
what are you talking about? there are many people who feel he should not continue on under the SP name

wHATcOLOR
08-14-2010, 09:41 PM
who are these fans he keeps talking about that only want siamese dream and are stuck in 1993? maybe they really are stuck in 1993 (and therefore aren't on the internet) because ive never really run across any..

paranoid
08-15-2010, 12:41 AM
Can someone transcribe or scan this?

Araneae
08-15-2010, 09:29 AM
I don't think you want to see it, paranoid. There's a really nasty picture of Billy sitting almost cross-legged in his robe playing ukulele.

paranoid
08-15-2010, 04:13 PM
well don't ******* the pic if you can help it, though it may be nice for some lols. i want to read the article.

Pizza Club
08-15-2010, 04:32 PM
who are these fans he keeps talking about that only want siamese dream and are stuck in 1993? maybe they really are stuck in 1993 (and therefore aren't on the internet) because ive never really run across any..

They are behind me, yelling in my ear at every show I've been to this year. The kind of fan that insists they are a superfan but never bought Zeitgeist or heard anything newer. Believe me, I've come across them. I mean it's fine if people aren't into SP2/3, but then they still show up and want Cherub Rock.

redbull
08-15-2010, 05:53 PM
They are behind me, yelling in my ear at every show I've been to this year. The kind of fan that insists they are a superfan but never bought Zeitgeist or heard anything newer. Believe me, I've come across them. I mean it's fine if people aren't into SP2/3, but then they still show up and want Cherub Rock.

good thing he's playing a conveniently singles-packed set:cry:

nofix
08-15-2010, 08:11 PM
Play anything that's not Teargarden material, and I think you have a decent set. Unless of course you start playing noise just to piss off all the fans that have supported you for 90% of your career.