View Full Version : SP without Billy Corgan

Ihaguitar
08-09-2010, 04:58 PM
Imagine if SP reformed, minus Billy. How cool would that be!

redbull
08-09-2010, 05:08 PM
imagine if darcy, james, and jimmy toured as zwan

vbshlofbvgos
08-09-2010, 05:22 PM
whats that video where billy talks about jimmy playing sp songs with that guy from radiohead

Reyngel
08-09-2010, 09:13 PM
A choice between,

-James, Darcy and some other guitarist playing Pumpkins music with Jimmy drumming... no bitching at the crowd about how the Pumpkins don't want their fans anymore, "thank you's" and "we love you's" during each show, and straight-forward interviews about what's going on with the band

or

-Billy Corgan refusing to play any songs we care about, the shittiest voice of his career, horrible new songs, a drummer who just got his driver's license and a nightly berating of the audience at every show

I'm not gonna lie... just the name "Billy Corgan" carries a lot of weight, but anyone who respects themselves would clearly steer more towards the first option

soniclovenoize
08-09-2010, 09:40 PM
A choice between,

-James, Darcy and some other guitarist playing Pumpkins music with Jimmy drumming... no bitching at the crowd about how the Pumpkins don't want their fans anymore, "thank you's" and "we love you's" during each show, and straight-forward interviews about what's going on with the band

or

-Billy Corgan refusing to play any songs we care about, the shittiest voice of his career, horrible new songs, a drummer who just got his driver's license and a nightly berating of the audience at every show

I'm not gonna lie... just the name "Billy Corgan" carries a lot of weight, but anyone who respects themselves would clearly steer more towards the first option

"You guys like the Doobie Brothers? Because we got one of em!"

rub_the_y
08-09-2010, 09:50 PM
Someone needs to talk to James, Jimmy, D'arcy, Paz, Pajo and Sweeney (and anyone else he has alienated over the years) and see if they can all form a band, and call themselves the Smashing Zwans.

Then they could go around slagging Billy off saying he couldn't really play guitar and that it was and always has been similar to the Milli Vanilli stunt, that he never wrote any of the songs but always took credit for them, and that he was fired for being a drug addicted, immoral, destructive, heroin shooting, fan fucking, major dick who was trying to break up the band all the time. Seems more believable than his story of everyone else being to blame for his problems.

soniclovenoize
08-09-2010, 10:44 PM
Someone needs to talk to James, Jimmy, D'arcy, Paz, Pajo and Sweeney (and anyone else he has alienated over the years) and see if they can all form a band, and call themselves the Smashing Zwans.

Then they could go around slagging Billy off saying he couldn't really play guitar and that it was and always has been similar to the Milli Vanilli stunt, that he never wrote any of the songs but always took credit for them, and that he was fired for being a drug addicted, immoral, destructive, heroin shooting, fan fucking, major dick who was trying to break up the band all the time. Seems more believable than his story of everyone else being to blame for his problems.

The Smashing Zwans : Blasting Trout Overbite : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive (http://www.archive.org/details/smashingzwans)

Mike Byrne
08-09-2010, 11:51 PM
Definitely would not work! LOL! Billy is the heart and soul of the band. Interesting theory though.

RockLobster
08-09-2010, 11:54 PM
Definitely would not work! LOL! Billy is the heart and soul of the band. Interesting theory though.

of course it would work. you don't know how to play drums, you're just ruining those beats jimmy created.

applepwnz
08-09-2010, 11:55 PM
I don't think that the band would work without Bally Cgrogan

Trotskilicious
08-10-2010, 12:35 AM
hey guys what would it be like if the pumpkins were actually metallica wouldn't that be crazy?!?!?!?

applepwnz
08-10-2010, 12:45 AM
How about if the pumpkins were actually APOCALYPCTICA!!! that'd be really wild

Trotskilicious
08-10-2010, 12:53 AM
what if

and bear with me here

ok instead of billy it was max calavera
and instead of jimmy it was that black guy from DMB
and instead of james it was like, i dunno, a log.
and instead of darcy it was like, maybe someone who can play bass like tina weymouth

now that would be cool right

Order 66
08-10-2010, 01:00 AM
what would KFC be like without chicken? hmmmm

EyesOfAJackal
08-10-2010, 01:06 AM
What if the sun refused to shine

amirite

Astur
08-10-2010, 04:17 AM
what if b0lls refused to bounce

soniclovenoize
08-10-2010, 08:16 AM
what if

and bear with me here

ok instead of billy it was max calavera
and instead of jimmy it was that black guy from DMB
and instead of james it was like, i dunno, a log.
and instead of darcy it was like, maybe someone who can play bass like tina weymouth

now that would be cool right

http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad123/soniclovenoize/ReformedSP.jpg

RockLobster
08-10-2010, 09:30 AM
well this thread died fast.

soniclovenoize
08-10-2010, 05:15 PM
Slurpee, you win the prize. http://serve.mysmiley.net/happy/happy0034.gif

Trotskilicious
08-10-2010, 07:53 PM
http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad123/soniclovenoize/ReformedSP.jpg

no i meant the drummer goddamn it

soniclovenoize
08-11-2010, 08:04 AM
no i meant the drummer goddamn it

I found the fiddle player to be more absurd.

starlightvideoproductions
08-11-2010, 09:13 AM
That log has more enthusiasm than James did in 2000.

Rocket Launcher
08-11-2010, 05:10 PM
imagine if billy moved back to joliet to meet j0mmy and re-record the marked material with him on drums?

Trotskilicious
08-11-2010, 09:04 PM
imagine if the world was

upside-down!!!!

duovamp
08-12-2010, 10:03 AM
"You guys like the Doobie Brothers? Because we got one of em!"

Can I borrow a feeling? Can you lend me a jar of love? Hurtin' hearts need some healin'... take my hand with your glove of love!

eyesofruby32
08-14-2010, 01:55 PM
Still can't understand the hatred against Billy. Yeah, he's a rock star and a highly creative and unique musician. I think he might have a larger ego with regards to music, but outside of music he's probably more down-to-earth than people think. I know he usually has time for fans and things like that. I'm not trying to be some sort of apologist or anything. Billy has never done anything bad living the life of a '90's rocker. Maybe his numerous dealings with Courtney Love (insert right-left-right-left head shake here) could be the worse thing he's ever done.

soniclovenoize
08-16-2010, 05:35 PM
Still can't understand the hatred against Billy. Yeah, he's a rock star and a highly creative and unique musician. I think he might have a larger ego with regards to music, but outside of music he's probably more down-to-earth than people think. I know he usually has time for fans and things like that. I'm not trying to be some sort of apologist or anything. Billy has never done anything bad living the life of a '90's rocker. Maybe his numerous dealings with Courtney Love (insert right-left-right-left head shake here) could be the worse thing he's ever done.

http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad123/soniclovenoize/WhatBillySaw.jpg

eyesofruby32
08-16-2010, 08:59 PM
http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad123/soniclovenoize/WhatBillySaw.jpg

I don't know whether I should laugh or turn off my computer.

Trotskilicious
08-17-2010, 07:51 PM
isn't that head cameron diaz?

eyesofruby32
08-19-2010, 06:18 PM
Yeah, that's a creepy, non- Courtney Love head... does look like Diaz. Yikes.

samuel redman
08-19-2010, 06:36 PM
i am listening to Courtneys solo album

soniclovenoize
08-19-2010, 06:52 PM
I will admit, that everytime I've looked for a Courtney head to photoshop (which I've done MANY by now), every single pic of her, her face looks different. It's really fucking annoying. Sometimes she looks like Death, othertimes I'd hit that...

She's like Jennifer Garner: sometimes she looks like Rocky Balboa, other times I'd let her snowball whatever she wants into my mouth.

So I assure, you, that IS Courtney Love's head. :p

samuel redman
08-19-2010, 06:56 PM
she is pretty in the Awful video

samuel redman
08-19-2010, 06:56 PM
pretty on the inside/outside

soniclovenoize
08-19-2010, 07:03 PM
The Violet video always gave me a stiffy... when I was 16 I was hungry for a CL/MadM sandwich.

IEatMyFeces
08-21-2010, 03:54 AM
but what about the tow?

IEatMyFeces
08-21-2010, 04:07 AM
http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/9964/ninjaprus6.gif