View Full Version : NYC July 26

vanitycrieswhy
07-26-2010, 02:30 AM
anyone goin to this show? living in nyc, i'm blessed and cursed with too many show options - my conundrum is whether to see Billy play at Terminal 5 or mark kozelek of Sun Kil Moon play in williamsburg tomorrow nite. one of the problems is i can't get any of my friends to see "SP" with me and i can't even bring myself to call them the pumpkins...and mark kozelek is one of my favorite singers.

also, i feel like i would be going to see billy and co. just play the select old songs like "eye" and anything off SD...yes, i have become one of those fans...i was all about giving billy a chance into the 2000's but unfortunately i can't stand any of the latest stuff...its hard to dish out $50+ to hear United States....

wHATcOLOR
07-26-2010, 02:41 AM
anyone goin to this show? living in nyc, i'm blessed and cursed with too many show options - my conundrum is whether to see Billy play at Terminal 5 or mark kozelek of Sun Kil Moon play in williamsburg tomorrow nite. one of the problems is i can't get any of my friends to see "SP" with me and i can't even bring myself to call them the pumpkins...and mark kozelek is one of my favorite singers.

also, i feel like i would be going to see billy and co. just play the select old songs like "eye" and anything off SD...yes, i have become one of those fans...i was all about giving billy a chance into the 2000's but unfortunately i can't stand any of the latest stuff...its hard to dish out $50+ to hear United States....

the choice is clear, tell corgan to pound sand!!

vanitycrieswhy
07-26-2010, 03:05 AM
i know...why the fuck am i even posting...i'm just trying to come to terms with my own guilt for turning my back on my favorite band... ahhh!

redbull
07-26-2010, 03:05 AM
go to kozelek

chris1979
07-26-2010, 03:51 AM
What you need is a time machine and they'll never build one.

Gossamer
07-28-2010, 02:39 PM
this was actually a pretty good show.

better than both the 20th anniversary nyc shows.

pale_princess
07-28-2010, 03:18 PM
i hope to god you went to kozelek

Slurpee
07-29-2010, 12:10 PM

You are wrong.

Duke
07-29-2010, 05:21 PM
this was actually a pretty good show.

Not even close.....

vanitycrieswhy
07-30-2010, 09:42 PM
ugh i was stymied by my own indecisiveness - i couldnt make up my mind and Kozelek ended up selling out afternoon of, much to my chagrin, so i went to neither show.

next day i read this SP terminal 5 review in my paper on the subway:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/28/arts/music/28pumpkins.html

i like their seemingly-objective if sort of condescending stance on the new lineup and material...i sorta agree. i feel like stuff like "Freak" is simplistic and written for 14 year olds...and then i recall that i was probably younger than 14 when i first got into songs like Hummer and Soma...and they still don't seem crude or simplistic to me....hmmm