View Full Version : Quazar/Stella Polaris

sjpaterra
07-25-2010, 07:01 PM
I was at the soundcheck for the Ybor City show... the first song the band played was called "Quazar/Stella Polaris". They don't really have a title, but those are the 2 theyre working on. Billy joked about being self-concious about the fact that alot of his songs start with the letter "S". It was like a healthy mix of Jellybelly, Silverfuck, and Tarantula... it fucking rocked! When it was finished, the first thing to come out of Billy's mouth was, "Ye.... Old school"

I have to say... it could have very well been one of the best songs he's EVER written! It was the pumpkins rocking as awesomely as they ever did. DOES ANYONE HAVE AUDIO!?!!????!

Oh and he did mention that the July 21 soundcheck was the first time he had ever played the song.

dustrock
07-25-2010, 09:17 PM
no, unbelievably, we have no audio for the soundchecks.

review of the other songs?

Monet LSD
07-26-2010, 12:04 AM
damn. sounds interesting.

TuralyonW3
07-26-2010, 12:25 AM
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/8536/4i0d2e.gif

aldango
07-26-2010, 01:11 AM
yeah, I have to say that this was probably one of the coolest moments I've ever seen in all the times I've seen the band play... absolutely awesome song, and to be the first to hear it was incredible

davin
07-26-2010, 01:16 AM
yes Quasar was badass. saw it at the soundcheck in Pittsburgh, though it was introduced there as 'Samurai Mike'. i still can't believe i've been saying this -- but it rocked harder than tristessa! and coming from me thats saying alot. i told billy the same (which made him happy). not sure if i would say the same with JC on the skins, but as things stand, Quasar rocked harder.

Zen Baby is very siamese dream-ish. it has a Pumpkins-esque thick distorted ascending/descending chord progression.

Blessed Mother was the first song we heard. very grandiose and intense. Jeff has an epic solo.

My Love is Winter was the slowest new song of the set. some great spacey/atmospheric moments in this one, the lyrics seemed to be the centerpiece.

and of course, we also heard Tristessa. what a badass/surreal moment. I've so been waiting for this song since the comeback, and what a way to hear it.

aldango
07-26-2010, 01:31 AM
and of course, we also heard Tristessa. what a badass/surreal moment. I've so been waiting for this song since the comeback, and what a way to hear it.

agreed. completely surreal. glad you enjoyed!

sjpaterra
07-26-2010, 12:52 PM
I thought it was funny how at the Ybor soundcheck, right before they busted out Tristessa, Billy looked at the setlist, laughed, and said "I don't think i wrote this next song. It's an old song though... by old I mean 20 years" THEN they busted out tristessa... I thought it was going to be some sort of obscure cover. NOPE, it was tristessa...

Samurai Mike? Hmm, even that title starts with an S.

I think Tsunami Mike has the essence without the cliche...

Order 66
07-26-2010, 12:59 PM
i'd rather hear rat in a cage or disarm

Spaldz
07-26-2010, 01:11 PM
Well if its a good song its doomed as we all know it will never make the album.

T&T
07-26-2010, 01:14 PM
many selling words start with the letter S because it reminds of of the word SEX which people love to think about.

iPumpkin
07-26-2010, 01:20 PM
Here is the set from the show in Charleston. http://imgur.com/6Yxlp.jpg He was playing the Quazar/Panopticon song deal (2 songs) when we first came in. It was real good, we were all just looking at each other like oh yes, this is the good shit right here. The other 6 songs were also great with Lonely & Zen being my favorites.

iPumpkin
07-26-2010, 01:21 PM
many selling words start with the letter S because it reminds of of the word SEX which people love to think about.

Very true. Marketing 101.

iPumpkin
07-26-2010, 01:22 PM

I know you are being sarcastic but both these songs were played at a high level and were so tight and fit in the set list of new/old perfect IMO.

TuralyonW3
07-27-2010, 01:50 AM

what is disarm do u mean killer in me?

rudi
07-27-2010, 01:58 AM
excited i just hope they don't fuck it up in the studio

and i still hate you mike byrne

killtrocity
07-27-2010, 04:06 AM
is this stuff as cool as it you guys are making it sound

OrangeCustard
08-05-2010, 12:58 PM
I was at the same sound check in Ybor, I actually got the last free pass into it. Quasar/Solar Polaris was definitely the highlight of the night for me.

Spaldz
08-05-2010, 02:19 PM
So has anyone got a copy of this? Now that soooome people are recording soundchecks ;)

Forgotten Child
08-06-2010, 11:35 AM
Actually, We got a leak five weeks ago

slunken
08-06-2010, 11:40 AM

no