View Full Version : can anyone loan me 135$?

ATS
05-26-2010, 11:49 PM
i just got a new job selling steak knives and to pay for the first kit it's 135$ the kit is completely refundable so even if i cant sell anything ill be able to pay you back

Order 66
05-27-2010, 12:09 AM
I remember when they called me for an 'interview' and asked me to bring a notepad. I was like "this isn't about selling knives is it?'

If it were a few years earlier I wouldve fell for it though. took me awhile to get street smart

TuralyonW3
05-27-2010, 12:58 AM
you're not really doing that shit are you

hnibos
05-27-2010, 08:39 AM
how is there a market for this

Mo
05-27-2010, 08:51 AM
People need to cut things.

hnibos
05-27-2010, 08:52 AM
use a pair of scissors then

Mooney
05-27-2010, 09:31 AM
i cut meat with scissors. but they are these crazy scissors made pretty much to cut ANYTHING! hmm, maybe i should become a scissors salesperson.

hnibos
05-27-2010, 10:04 AM
hobo....do cut your meat with scissors? Cut tomato's with scissors?

so u think ur all that bc you use knives

Mooney
05-27-2010, 10:10 AM
he thinks he's all that and a bag of chips, but i think he forgot the onion dip.

duovamp
05-27-2010, 10:48 AM
The problem is that once people buy knives, they have knives. They don't need new knives every couple of weeks. Once you sell knives to everyone in your county, you've got to either sell them different crap or start traveling. Most direct route to living in a van down by the river imo.

Order 66
05-27-2010, 10:57 AM
how do you know they don't go thru knives every week? Do you have proof

28if
05-27-2010, 12:40 PM
my first girlfriend almost got sucked into CutCo in junior year of high school. i lolled.

ATS
05-27-2010, 12:46 PM
there is no door to door or telemarketing with strangers, so its not like those other kinds of jobs. also there is a guaranteed base pay of 16.50 an hour which is a lot for me. the training isnt paid but it is actually supposed to be worth a lot of money and is something people like to see on your resume

28if
05-27-2010, 12:47 PM
one time i was at my girlfriend's house when some loser neighborhood kid came over to give her parents a CutCo presentation. it was pretty sad to witness.

ATS
05-27-2010, 12:53 PM
I have worked with Vector for 7 months now and I love it. Yes it is hard sometimes, because you have to make yourself work. You have to follow the program if you want to be good. If you are a lazy person who does things your own way and you have no desire to change, this is not the job for you. Just about everybody can benefit from Vector in many ways. I highly recommend it to anyone who is majoring in business or wants to own one. Vector teaches you business skills, marketing skills, leadership skills, you work with many different kinds of people, you learn to motivate yourself and others. It also helps you learn to manage time, how to set goals, and encourages you to invest your money for the future. Vector also as management opportunities, it is a wonderful company with a wonderful product. I love my job and I will continue to do it until the time comes for me to start my own business.

ATS
05-27-2010, 12:55 PM
At first I was extremely skeptical but I took the job anyway because I'd been looking for one all summer without any luck. I am SO glad I took the job.
I absolutely love working at Vector Marketing, enough even that Vector went for being a summer job to a potential career.
Working at Vector Marketing IS tough. Its like anything else, if you want to be good, you have to work at it. You get to set your own schedules and pretty much do your own thing instead of having a set time to go into the office or having shifts. The problem with this is that you can get pretty lazy pretty quickly when nobody is holding you accountable to how much you are working.
I took a week off work and I have to admit, its pretty easy to not want to work anymore. But most of these people who are nay-saying Vector Marketing simply haven't tried at all. I almost want to slap them. They are offered a job by a company with excellent career opportunities, better job security than any other company anywhere, and a fantastic opportunity for a high income; and what do they do with that opportunity? They get lazy, don't work hard (its your JOB!!! yes its going to require work!), and then complain that the company is a scam.

I have been working at Vector since July 4. My first paycheck was $115.20. My second paycheck (one week later) was $1,052.82.
The reason I say this is because a lot of people get discouraged early by what looks like little pay. Your commisions are based on how much you've sold. I'm making 30% commissions now and when i sell another 2grand I'll be making 40% commission. I know people who worked in restaurants and retail who are LUCKY to make $100 per week.
The pay at Vector Marketing is absolutely, 100% fantastic. I've had demos that I've sold $900 of product in at 30% commission. How many people your age do you know who can make $100 in an hour? Thats what that 900 sale becomes!

In terms of advancement, opportunities are enormous. I'm currently in a Manager Training Program. When I graduate the training program, the company will give me $9,000 towards opening and running MY OWN OFFICE!!!! How cool is that? I'll be a 20 yr old college student, running an office, making hires, training sales reps and building my own sales team and team culture. All this and I've only been working with the company for 2 months.

Go to the interview. You will love your job at Vector.

sickbadthing
05-27-2010, 12:56 PM
You are on your way to being a life coach, Alex!

Congrats!

What is your PayPal account, I have hundreds of dollars for you!

ATS
05-27-2010, 12:57 PM
I have been working for Vector Marketing for just over a year now. I was skeptical at first, and I told my manager up front "If i ever feel like I am lying to my customers or these aren't the best knives available i will quit on the spot." I am obviously still working here so that is not an issue. The truth is, this job is whatever you make it to be. if you work hard like I did, you can advance and make alot of money. If you don't even show up to the interview to find out what its all about then you won't make money, but the truth is, if you set up demos, go to them, and follow the manual you will make a crapload of money. I love the people that I work with, adn we have a blast at the office. As an Assistant Manager I get paid really well just to teach people how to sell, and the advancement opportunites are ridiculous. My resume is already looking better, and next summer i may have the opportunity to open my own office, paid for by the company. Here's the deal, if you work at it, you can and will do very well for yourself. If you won't pick up your phone and get to work, you will fail and be one of the whiners on this site. 99% of those whining people didn't show to their interview, didn't finish training, or didn't work at all. If you really want to know about the company, look it up on Better Business Bureau or come talk to someone in the office.

ATS
05-27-2010, 01:00 PM
not turning in paperwork so you couldn't get paid? What? All payments are made aitomatically via VectorConnect.com directly into your bank account. Your manager has nothing to do with your pay. I am 19 and made a little over $9,000 this summer at Vector Marketing after working only 2 months. Are you saying that 9 grand isn't real money? How is that a fraud?

ATS
05-27-2010, 01:03 PM
lol first of all i put 0 for worker competence cuz i dont know what it means and im a little too lazy to look it up online LOL =P. and i apologize for my grammar im in aim mode rightnow =D!! anyways...after my graduation i was walking up the stairs and some random dude was handing out envelopes to all the students that were in a cap and gown. i got one and i was like...wth...this is weird. then i had grad night the same night so i didnt look at the envelope till 7am when i got home. i called them at about 1pm cuz i needed to sleep and they gave me an appointment the same day at about 5:45pm. i was excited cuz ive been looking for a job for the longest time and never had any luck except for manual labor -__-. lame!

anywayz so i saw another friend of mine in there. and was like okay cool im not the only one. and out of the whole room...only 2 of us were hired. i was soo excited when the lady called me back. its my first LEGIT job LOL!! okay yea so i went through 3 days of training which i js got out of on saturday. it was pretty chill. i dont get why people say they have to pay 400 bucks for the set. its only 149.95. the people who are complaining prolly werent listening. i would cuss them out but im afraid of this review getting deleted lol. plus i think fighting over the internet is stupid. yea so i paid 149.95. got pretty much what is the middle sized set. and they give you free prizes. i got a potato peeler and its AWESOME!!!! =D. and you get to make ur own schedule (aside from the meetings).

the thing i really kinda dont like is how ur boss hustles you, but thats apart of the job i guess...imean it is a sales job. and 16 bucks per appointment. not per hour. the letter never said per hour. -___-X LEARN TO READ!!! and you can make incentives pay...so either u get the 16 bucks per appointment...or you can make ur 10% commission...and they give you the higher paid choice.

plus i really like the knives and my girlfriends dad LOVES them. it was kinda funny...he explained them more to me than i did to him. he realy wanted to buy them, but his wife wants to hold off cuz of the money. my girlfriend said shez gonna use one of them on me if i piss her off. lol -__-X damn!

so yea i really dont see a scam here. imean its a job...of course you have to actually try. dont complain about it if ur a lazy ass. and u cant comment if u never worked there so shut the heck up -__-X. its like saying "that food sucks" and not even eating it. yeaa....

but anyways...this job is awesome. ohh idk if i mentioned this before or not, but with the knives...you can return them and get ur money back if you want. and yea u have to pay for ur gas...but u also can use it was a tax write-off. and stuffs. and u can write the 149 bucks as a write off and other stuffs!! LOL so yea...i really dont get how its a scam..but yea write more reviews so i can compare. ill leave another review in a couple months after working with them.

peaceee!!

Order 66
05-27-2010, 01:04 PM
I'd rather clean toilets for min wage than peddle fucking knives

ATS
05-27-2010, 01:18 PM
id rather peddle knives door to door or cold-calling strangers than peddle them by exploiting my relatives' guilt and pity

my brother got a letter from these people and was going to go to the interview without knowing anything about it until my dad starting asking questions about the job. a couple years ago some energy drink retard pulled the same shit with me, setting up a job interview without describing the job. when he finally did tell me at the interview, i told him it sounded like a pyramid scheme and that i wasnt interested. he tried to argue that all businesses are structured like a pyramid, with a ceo at the top, etc

shortly after that i went to this event sponsored by the student housing and they had free energy drink there. at the time i assumed that they were desperately trying to unload it after getting suckered, but now i realize some student employee was probably given a budget for the event which they spent on the shitty drink for their pitiful commission.

applepwnz
05-27-2010, 02:32 PM
it's a pyramid scheme broseph, don't do it. I hate seeing people get tricked into these sorts of things, some guy is just looking for a job and ends up basically being stolen from :mad: don't go for any job where they say that you have to pay them for "training", etc

Rider
05-27-2010, 04:37 PM
I can't loan you the money but you can make $4 an envelope stuffing envelopes for me.

hnibos
05-27-2010, 05:36 PM
can i, i live in orlando

duovamp
05-27-2010, 06:13 PM
When I grow up I want to be a cobbler.

exactlythesame
05-27-2010, 06:34 PM
when did ATS become a vector marketing bot

Rider
05-27-2010, 07:31 PM
can i, i live in orlando

People just exist here I don't think anyone actually lives here.

duovamp
05-27-2010, 07:38 PM
I think John Paul Bons<asdf>or lived there or quite near. Not positive though.

hnibos
05-27-2010, 08:35 PM
no he just exists in the area

Rider
05-27-2010, 08:44 PM
I think John Paul Bons<asdf>or lived there or quite near. Not positive though.

If you call sleeping in a tent, getting high, and taking pictures of your penis living then he did live somewhere in the area.

Jesus Cambodia
05-27-2010, 08:48 PM
About 15 years ago I almost fell for this crap. I went to the interview, ate the free pizza, and never called them back. What a shitty thing to get involved in. If you find yourself selling these knives or kirby vacuum cleaners you need to re-evaluate some things.

ATS
05-27-2010, 08:58 PM
welcome back, rider... what a blast from the past

28if
05-27-2010, 09:00 PM
i miss ****** a LOT

28if
05-27-2010, 09:01 PM
what the goddamn FUCK ******

28if
05-27-2010, 09:01 PM
B O N S O R

iPumpkin
06-01-2010, 05:38 AM
Who the fuck would buy something from a salesman today? It takes 2 seconds to Google what you are interested in and get hundreds of vendors products & info all competing for your dollars.

Mablak
06-01-2010, 06:08 AM
I don't understand why knife salesmen are so discreet. You just need to wear a suit, a whole suit of knives, and let people grab the ones they want as you walk past. And they would call you the knifescream man.

wHATcOLOR
06-01-2010, 03:03 PM
when i was getting ready to graduate college, the job market was miserable, and i couldn't get an interview for the life of me. and most of the companies interviewing on campus didn't actually have jobs to fill, they were just maintaining the relationship with the school.

so when i got a call from a company telling me that they had seen my resume and wanted to talk to me about a job opportunity, i leaped at the chance. they did not provide many details, but i was so happy to have an interview at all, i didn't press. i got dressed up, borrowed a friend's car, and drove an hour and a half.

i got to the office, and the receptionist was amazingly hot. and so were like 3 other girls working there. there were probably 15-20 of us there in the waiting room. they said they'd do an individual interview and then we'd have a group one.

the individual interview was like 3 minutes. it was conducted with another attractive lady, and they basically just verified your mailing address and contact info. it was at this point my naive self started to get the point that this was sheisty. i still had no idea what the job was.

finally they brought us into the room, and beat around the bush for a while. talked about how it was a great company where you can really make it if you are motivated, great opportunities, etc. blah blah blah blah. FINALLY they brought out some cleaning products. honestly. cleaning products. this lady went on about how they are so good that she woudln't use anything else, AND they are biodegradable. when she actually squirted the glass cleaner into her mouth to demonstrate that point, i got up to leave. i'm sure they would then go on to mention that you have to buy your first supplies and some training guide or other..

a few others got up to leave as well. they had 'retention crews' waiting, asking how come we were leaving, trying to pressure us into staying. they asked this guy if he had a big network of friends and family, he could easily sell to, etc. and he said no, probably just to get them to leave him alone and get out of there, which he did. then they went to me and said, see that guy? he's a loser. he could never make it here. but i bet you have a ton of friends, i bet you can really succeed here. i left immediately and felt like i needed a shower. it was such an unbelievably bad feeling. ugh

wHATcOLOR
06-01-2010, 03:06 PM
and then i graduated school and couldn't find any work, despite months of trying, until i took a job waiting tables at an olive garden.

Order 66
06-02-2010, 04:57 AM
your life would be 10x better now if you'd went with the cleaning product thing

barden
06-04-2010, 03:31 AM
The problem is that once people buy knives, they have knives. They don't need new knives every couple of weeks. Once you sell knives to everyone in your county, you've got to either sell them different crap or start traveling. Most direct route to living in a van down by the river imo.

if he had successfully just sold a knife set to everyone in his country, it would be a pretty pimping van.

samuel redman
06-04-2010, 02:10 PM
haha, ill never have to work

slunken
06-04-2010, 02:35 PM
That was a fuckin' awesome tale, WC.