View Full Version : The Washington Capitals are the 2003 Oakland A's

sppunk
04-28-2010, 08:48 PM
What the fuck!

Ugly
04-28-2010, 09:31 PM
Lovely, round 2 has two of my most hated teams facing off against each other: Habs and Pens. Maybe a suitcase nuke will go off. And the Habs also stole a major player from their minor league team, The Hamilton Buldogs, that we need in the Hammer to win the series. But, oh no, stupid Habs had to stupid win.

Bitter leafs fan 4 life.

Ol' Couch Ass
04-28-2010, 09:48 PM
Breaking news: You need strong goaltending and a semblance of a defensive gameplan to win in the playoffs.

flavin
04-28-2010, 09:49 PM
can't believe the caps lost, but pretty happy about it for the time being

sppunk
04-28-2010, 09:55 PM
Lovely, round 2 has two of my most hated teams facing off against each other: Habs and Pens. Maybe a suitcase nuke will go off. And the Habs also stole a major player from their minor league team, The Hamilton Buldogs, that we need in the Hammer to win the series. But, oh no, stupid Habs had to stupid win.

Bitter leafs fan 4 life.

The Hershey Bears rule the AHL again this year - best AHL team of all-time probably. This loss is good for them at least.

Dogfighter28
04-28-2010, 10:02 PM
Habs? Habaneros? Is that fitting for ice hockey?

Ugly
04-28-2010, 10:42 PM
Habs? Habaneros? Is that fitting for ice hockey?

As I understand, Habs is short for Habitant when referring to the Canadiens up here. Which, <a href = "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Habitants">according to wiki,</a> "<I>is the name used to refer to both the French settlers and the inhabitants of French origin who farmed the land along the two shores of the St. Lawrence Gulf and River in what is the present-day Province of Quebec in Canada....The name "Habs", from the French "Les Habitants", is now used as a nickname for the Montreal Canadiens ice hockey team.</I>"

Which is why they're the stupid Habs.

Bitter leafs fan 4 life.

Tchocky
04-28-2010, 11:28 PM
I'm gonna go out on a slight limb and say that this probably means Shitsburgh is gonna repeat as Cup champs.

GAG.

threetwooneZERO
04-28-2010, 11:59 PM
The West is pretty strong this, SJ will choke again.

Best series will be Van City v Chi.

Eulogy
04-29-2010, 11:21 AM
lol.

Penguins look like they're gonna roll through the East. After watching some of the Caps series, I don't think they would have given the Pens much trouble either. But it's nice to not have an Ovechkin to think about.

Chances for a repeat look gooooood.

hnibos
04-29-2010, 11:22 AM
go bruins

JokeyLoki
04-29-2010, 12:29 PM
The first round pretty much knocked out anyone I give a shit about :(

RockLobster
04-29-2010, 02:10 PM
i'm kicking ass in the playoff pool. i called that the habs would win in 7. (the only one who picked the habs out of 16) The only two i got wrong was the bruins/sabres and the flyers/devils.