View Full Version : NHL playoffs thread

Eulogy
04-14-2010, 09:51 PM
Pens/Sens was a terrible game. Penguins looked fucking awful in every facet of the game. Still only lost by one though, so maybe it'll be ok.

Mooney
04-14-2010, 10:31 PM
i picked up alfie and spezza with my last two picks in my pool. :) i'd be cheering for the sens, regardless. in canadia, we generally used to cheer for any and all canadian teams left in the playoffs. now everybody cheers for sidney crosby and the penguins. its disgusting.

JokeyLoki
04-14-2010, 11:00 PM
Go Coyotes, LOL.

Eulogy
04-14-2010, 11:00 PM
i picked up alfie and spezza with my last two picks in my pool. :) i'd be cheering for the sens, regardless. in canadia, we generally used to cheer for any and all canadian teams left in the playoffs. now everybody cheers for sidney crosby and the penguins. its disgusting.

oh yeah, sorry about giving you that gold medal.

so ungrateful. tsk.

duovamp
04-14-2010, 11:12 PM
Typical Canadian mentality- align yourself with the strong man. If Canadian teams did well, they'd nut-ride like crazy. Instead, since Crosby's doing well, Canada adopts him as their blessed son.

Canada has no national identity, and this is why. They're spineless cowards.

duovamp
04-14-2010, 11:12 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ec0XKhAHR5I&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ec0XKhAHR5I&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Tchocky
04-15-2010, 01:25 AM
Wings fell asleep in the third period and blew it against the Coyotes in Game 1. Detroit's bafflingly inept penalty-killing didn't help either.

Nice non-call on the Coyotes when Lidstrom got high-sticked in the face.

Phoenix is playing the style of game that will make quick work of the Wings...constantly knocking them on their ass and disrupting their tempo. If they keep it up, it's gonna be a short run for the Wings.

RockLobster
04-15-2010, 03:14 PM
Pens/Sens was a terrible game. Penguins looked fucking awful in every facet of the game. Still only lost by one though, so maybe it'll be ok.

did you even watch the game? I thought it was pretty good. penguins were dominant on the power play. crosby had 3 assists, malkin had 2 goals and an assist. Even adams scored a beauty of a backhander.
The only thing that was terrible about the pens game was the defense. Very poor playing and fleury was complete garbage. I am always weary in the playoffs when he starts playing like poo.

RockLobster
04-15-2010, 03:15 PM

are you fucking stupid? I'm in canada and my team has been pittsburgh for like 20 years. Fuck kovalev and the stupid senators and fuck your generalization of canadians only following canadian teams. that's retarded.

RockLobster
04-15-2010, 03:17 PM
Typical Canadian mentality- align yourself with the strong man. If Canadian teams did well, they'd nut-ride like crazy. Instead, since Crosby's doing well, Canada adopts him as their blessed son.

Canada has no national identity, and this is why. They're spineless cowards.

fuck you. douchecamp. hockey is our sport and don't forget we invented basketball even though it's a shitty sport.

RockLobster
04-15-2010, 03:19 PM
Wings fell asleep in the third period and blew it against the Coyotes in Game 1. Detroit's bafflingly inept penalty-killing didn't help either.

Nice non-call on the Coyotes when Lidstrom got high-sticked in the face.

Phoenix is playing the style of game that will make quick work of the Wings...constantly knocking them on their ass and disrupting their tempo. If they keep it up, it's gonna be a short run for the Wings.

phoenix is going to win the cup. shittiest team last year, best team this year. NHL is fixed!!!! <GB loves little boys>

Eulogy
04-15-2010, 05:51 PM
did you even watch the game? I thought it was pretty good. penguins were dominant on the power play. crosby had 3 assists, malkin had 2 goals and an assist. Even adams scored a beauty of a backhander.
The only thing that was terrible about the pens game was the defense. Very poor playing and fleury was complete garbage. I am always weary in the playoffs when he starts playing like poo.

Yes, I watched the game. You apparently just read the box score.

Rickpat12
04-15-2010, 06:44 PM
LET'S GO BLACKHAWKS

Mooney
04-15-2010, 07:13 PM
are you fucking stupid? I'm in canada and my team has been pittsburgh for like 20 years. Fuck kovalev and the stupid senators and fuck your generalization of canadians only following canadian teams. that's retarded.

i'm canadian and i've been a ranger fan for twenty years. don't tell me that everyone you know didn't get behind calgary ('04), edmonton ('06) and ottawa ('07) in their respective quests for the cup, mostly because they are teams from canada - i know i did. my point is simply that now if the penguins were to make it to the stanley cup finals, most canadians east of saskatoon would cheer for them over calgary, edmonton or vancouver to win the cup.

Eulogy
05-05-2010, 10:58 AM
Fleury finally comes through with a massive game. Only 18 saves, but a few of them were brilliant.

No Staal and no Guerin spells trouble. What the fuck. GET BACK ON THE ICE.

Eulogy
05-05-2010, 10:59 AM
...although I was impressed with Mark Letestu, tbh.

waltermcphilp
05-05-2010, 11:14 AM
So wings are out right?

Eulogy
05-05-2010, 11:17 AM
So wings are out right?

they probably will be tomorrow. down 3-0.

JokeyLoki
05-05-2010, 01:33 PM
NHL Home (http://www.nhl.com)

Tchocky
05-05-2010, 08:25 PM
Seriously...way to totally choke, Wings. I thought the SHARKS were supposed to be the experts at falling asleep in the playoffs.

I still think Shitsburgh is gonna repeat.

Eulogy
05-05-2010, 08:56 PM
Seriously...way to totally choke, Wings. I thought the SHARKS were supposed to be the experts at falling asleep in the playoffs.

I still think Shitsburgh is gonna repeat.

:rockon:

threetwooneZERO
05-06-2010, 02:22 AM
What a horrible game for Van City tonight...sheesh

Eulogy
05-06-2010, 09:05 AM
What a horrible game for Van City tonight...sheesh

yeah what's lunongo's deal?

Rickpat12
05-06-2010, 10:54 AM
His deal is that he's playing the Hawks.

Eulogy
05-06-2010, 11:39 AM
His deal is that he's playing the Hawks.

uhhhhhhhh no.

Giving up juicy rebound after juicy rebound shows that he just played like garbage last night. None of those scoring chances should have even really happened. Does he always let pucks pounce 4 feet off of him like that?

killtrocity
05-06-2010, 01:04 PM
he was afraid of the big African American gentleman

threetwooneZERO
05-06-2010, 02:29 PM
Yeah, he's been less than sharp for them. Also, you can tell he's getting off his game with the traffic in front of the net.

Also, the Sedin twins have been where? Not there...and when they are dicking around slashing and getting off their game....that's exactly what Chicago wants.

RockLobster
05-06-2010, 03:25 PM
2 were own goals.. give the guy a break! byfuglien is really getting under their skin too. i love it!

Eulogy
05-06-2010, 09:23 PM
ick.

That was not a good third period. And such a soft goal given up by Fleury on the first shot of the game...

gah. I'm not feeling so good about all this right now.

Tchocky
05-07-2010, 01:49 AM
The fact that the Wings can wake up all of a sudden and pull a 7-1 win out of their ass just makes this series even more frustrating, because I know they're not gonna win four straight against the Sharks. Two, maybe three tops.

Fuck.

And you can call me biased if you want, but the plain fact is the refs in this series are really sticking it to Detroit.

Eulogy
05-07-2010, 03:16 AM
The fact that the Wings can wake up all of a sudden and pull a 7-1 win out of their ass just makes this series even more frustrating, because I know they're not gonna win four straight against the Sharks. Two, maybe three tops.

Fuck.

And you can call me biased if you want, but the plain fact is the refs in this series are really sticking it to Detroit.

Honestly, you're in the driver's seat. Are you familiar with SJ joking in the playoffs? This game is allllll they need. I honestly would not place a bet on the winner of this series at this point. The Sharks are FUCKED. I give the Canadiens the same shot I give to the Red Wings. If anyone can come back from 3-0, it's Detroit.

IT'S A FUCKING SERIES, BRO.

Fattening Ass
05-07-2010, 04:29 AM
Sharks, Baby

waltermcphilp
05-07-2010, 11:03 AM
How can the wings lose three in a row and then win with such a huge upset?

I bet they win the next couple games just to raise the tension for the final game.

It is all a sham.

JokeyLoki
05-07-2010, 11:34 AM
If the Sharks lose 4 in a row, I wouldn't call that a sham... I'd call that par for the course.

Fattening Ass
05-09-2010, 03:02 AM
*ahem* Sharks, baby.

Sarcastic Smile
05-09-2010, 06:24 AM
I wish the Bruin's won Saturday.. It's my only day off to study before my finals , but I don't have enough self control not to go to the game and I'm already broke from going to all the post season games

Eulogy
05-09-2010, 09:31 AM
I wish the Bruin's won Saturday.. It's my only day off to study before my finals , but I don't have enough self control not to go to the game and I'm already broke from going to all the post season games

You've been goin to all the games? That's pretty awesome.

I'm hoping for a Hawks/Pens final so I can try to find a way to feasibly go to a game.

I'd love to stroll out of the UC in Penguins gear after a W.

Tchocky
05-09-2010, 10:42 PM
Honestly, you're in the driver's seat. Are you familiar with SJ joking in the playoffs? This game is allllll they need. I honestly would not place a bet on the winner of this series at this point. The Sharks are FUCKED. I give the Canadiens the same shot I give to the Red Wings. If anyone can come back from 3-0, it's Detroit.

IT'S A FUCKING SERIES, BRO.

:rofl:

Tchocky
05-09-2010, 10:44 PM
Dany Heatley will be driving those refs home along with Gary Bettman...I wish.

Eulogy
05-09-2010, 10:50 PM

yeah that was incorrect

Tchocky
05-09-2010, 10:55 PM
It might have been a series had the referees not decided to ignore (among other things) a cheap shot to the dome of Johan Franzen, which occurred about a minute before the game-winner was scored.

Go Blackhawks, I guess (more like, go anyone except San Jose and Shitsburgh).

Eulogy
05-11-2010, 02:12 AM
game tonight sucked.

go pens.

ugh.

JokeyLoki
05-11-2010, 09:50 AM
Chooooooke :rofl:

RockLobster
05-11-2010, 10:15 AM
how many posts did they hit tonight? great game. doubt very much montreal can steal this series away in pittsburgh. I give the first star of last nights game to the crowd at the bell centre.

RockLobster
05-11-2010, 10:15 AM
game tonight sucked.

go pens.

ugh.

game was awesome, it sucked that the pens lost though.

Eulogy
05-11-2010, 12:35 PM
Chooooooke :rofl:

That was most certainly not a choke job.

Now that I've settled down a bit, I feel good about the Pens' chances.

You still just never know though : /

hnibos
05-11-2010, 02:48 PM
bruins are choking

threetwooneZERO
05-12-2010, 03:39 AM
Hardcore.

How about the Canucks choking tonight? Holy hell...what a great opportunity for them. The Sedin twins were no where to be found.

I'm looking forward to the game tomorrow, the Habs/Pens has been the only series worth watching.

Sarcastic Smile
05-12-2010, 04:01 AM
bruins are choking

Typical Boston fairweather.. relax, just cause they didn't sweep the flyers doesn't mean they are choking

You've been goin to all the games? That's pretty awesome.

I'm hoping for a Hawks/Pens final so I can try to find a way to feasibly go to a game.

I'd love to stroll out of the UC in Penguins gear after a W.

Yeah it's been random, I wasn't planning it but it's been working out that way.. meeting scalpers and season ticket holders at games so I keep going to more games.. All the diehards fans that go to every game are great. I've met some nice people. So happy I didn't go to Monday's game though because I definitely aced the hardest test I have ever taken in my life so far!!!!!

You should def go to a game if you can.. live hockey is the best, especially playoffs...

Sarcastic Smile
05-12-2010, 04:01 AM
PLUS you need to celebrate graduating !!!!

JokeyLoki
05-12-2010, 10:18 PM
That was most certainly not a choke job.

Now that I've settled down a bit, I feel good about the Pens' chances.

You still just never know though : /

Ahem.

:banging:

hnibos
05-12-2010, 10:20 PM
Typical Boston fairweather.. relax, just cause they didn't sweep the flyers doesn't mean they are choking

Yeah it's been random, I wasn't planning it but it's been working out that way.. meeting scalpers and season ticket holders at games so I keep going to more games.. All the diehards fans that go to every game are great. I've met some nice people. So happy I didn't go to Monday's game though because I definitely aced the hardest test I have ever taken in my life so far!!!!!

You should def go to a game if you can.. live hockey is the best, especially playoffs...

can i panic yet

threetwooneZERO
05-12-2010, 10:58 PM
Oh yeah...MTL is going insane right now.

threetwooneZERO
05-13-2010, 04:28 AM
Rowdies put damper on Montreal&rsquo;s street party - The Globe and Mail (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/quebec/rowdies-put-damper-on-montreals-street-party/article1567144/)

http://beta.images.theglobeandmail.com/archive/00641/Police__Ste-Cath_641642artw.jpg

http://beta.images.theglobeandmail.com/archive/00641/Montreal_looters_641581artw.jpg

http://beta.images.theglobeandmail.com/archive/00641/Montreal_liquor__641641artw.jpg

http://beta.images.theglobeandmail.com/archive/00641/Montreal_teargas_641562artw.jpg

Eulogy
05-13-2010, 08:45 AM
Ahem.

:banging:

fuck you

congrats on missing the playoffs, you bitch

Eulogy
05-13-2010, 08:46 AM
congrats to montreal though. knocking off the two arguable favorites in two 7-game series is pretty goddamn impressive. and boston looks far from invincible at this point.

i'll find it hard to care from here on out, to be honest.

fuck.

Mooney
05-13-2010, 11:36 AM
i'm the opposite. i'm just now getting interested, having some new blood in the conference finals.

although, its kind of aggravating that the three teams remaining in the east had like one win more than my rangers this year. grr.

RockLobster
05-13-2010, 12:16 PM
GO MONTREAL!!! THEY ARE GOING TO WIN THE CUP NOW!!!

anyway... fuck you cindy crysby for boarding 10 seconds into the game... fuck you flower for shitting the bed once again... Halak you are a beast i've said it a bazillion times he's their mvp and they should at least make it to the finals if not win it. can't say i'm too disappointed in the pens lose, they've had a heck of a couple seasons and i'm proud of our team. see ya next year!

JokeyLoki
05-13-2010, 12:56 PM
fuck you

congrats on missing the playoffs, you bitch

JokeyLoki
05-13-2010, 12:56 PM
congrats to montreal though. knocking off the two arguable favorites in two 7-game series is pretty goddamn impressive. and boston looks far from invincible at this point.

i'll find it hard to care from here on out, to be honest.

fuck.

I sympathize. All the teams I really gave a crap about were gone first round. :(

T&T
05-13-2010, 02:23 PM
GO HABS GO
GO HABS GO
GO HABS GO
GO HABS GO
GO HABS GO

we really know how to celebrate here im mtl with looting and rioting!
http://lejournaldemontreal.canoe.ca/galeries/20100513113340_canadiengrab1213mai2010/30.jpg

http://lejournaldemontreal.canoe.ca/galeries/20100513113340_canadiengrab1213mai2010/05.jpg
http://lejournaldemontreal.canoe.ca/galeries/20100513113340_canadiengrab1213mai2010/03.jpg
woot woot looting the liquor store!

i wonder what these ladies did to get loved?
http://lejournaldemontreal.canoe.ca/galeries/20100513113340_canadiengrab1213mai2010/14.jpg

Rickpat12
05-23-2010, 11:55 PM
Bump...GO HAWKS!

Rickpat12
06-01-2010, 12:09 AM
:bump: way to go Hawks!