View Full Version : Illiana blew up on LOST

sickbadthing
04-14-2010, 01:56 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4N0g5Sr8KMU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4N0g5Sr8KMU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I can't find a video of Locke being run over by Desmond.

Damn.

28if
04-14-2010, 02:04 PM
i totally freaked out when this happened. just like that fat fucker in season one. i love this season so far.

sickbadthing
04-14-2010, 02:33 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/2njcaqv.gif

waltermcphilp
04-14-2010, 02:49 PM
Why the fuck did she blow up?

redbreegull
04-14-2010, 03:02 PM
My new theory is that Jacob is Prospero and the Man in Black is Caliban.

Debaser
04-14-2010, 03:16 PM
I can't find a video of Locke being run over by Desmond.

Damn.
http://i42.tinypic.com/25fn6o8.gif

sickbadthing
04-14-2010, 03:33 PM
http://i42.tinypic.com/25fn6o8.gif

LOL tanx

pale blue eyes
04-14-2010, 04:06 PM
Crap, I knew I should have watched it this morning.

Rider
04-14-2010, 04:15 PM
Why the fuck did she blow up?

You have been watching this show, right?

Ugly
04-14-2010, 05:55 PM
I actually wanted an Illiana flashback episode just cause I was sure it'd be full of Jacob-ness and mystical island hojo. However, it is nice to see the dynamite is still unstable, I thought they were actually going to lug it to the plane with no problems whatsoever. Great callback to Artz.

redbreegull
04-14-2010, 09:14 PM
I actually wanted an Illiana flashback episode just cause I was sure it'd be full of Jacob-ness and mystical island hojo. However, it is nice to see the dynamite is still unstable, I thought they were actually going to lug it to the plane with no problems whatsoever. Great callback to Artz.

Something tells me we have an episode about Jacob coming up.

Ugly
04-14-2010, 09:17 PM
Someone told me there's a monster flashback episode coming up, and I've always assumed him, Jacob, and the origins of the island are all intertwined.

redbreegull
04-14-2010, 09:28 PM
Someone told me there's a monster flashback episode coming up, and I've always assumed him, Jacob, and the origins of the island are all intertwined.

Your reasoning is flawless.

Rider
04-14-2010, 09:30 PM
I really hope they explain the insane amount of paradoxes they created this season and are not assuming we are all just willing to overlook them.

waltermcphilp
04-14-2010, 09:52 PM
You have been watching this show, right?

LOL, hell no.

Ugly
04-14-2010, 10:06 PM
I really hope they explain the insane amount of paradoxes they created this season and are not assuming we are all just willing to overlook them.

I just want them to explain who the hell was shooting at the Left Behinders when they stole the boats in Season 5!

Rider
04-14-2010, 10:17 PM
I just want them to explain who the hell was shooting at the Left Behinders when they stole the boats in Season 5!

Last night I was bored and I started reading lostpedia. I wanted to rewatch all the old training films. Just reading random stuff on there you find all these little things they did just keep a mystery or to keep you guessing that made no sense then and they never bothered to go back and explain them.

I have a few big ones form this season that I hope they answer. If this is a totally new timeline from the 70's onward why were they all on the plane in this time line. Assuming it was the explosion that sunk the island how are characters like Ben, Ben Fathers, and Pierre Chang alive in the new side timeline. I just hope they explain these at all, I don't even care if the explanation makes sense.

Ugly
04-14-2010, 10:27 PM
The island sunk reallllllly slowly after Jughead blew up. Like Titantic.

28if
04-14-2010, 11:32 PM
Last night I was bored and I started reading lostpedia. I wanted to rewatch all the old training films. Just reading random stuff on there you find all these little things they did just keep a mystery or to keep you guessing that made no sense then and they never bothered to go back and explain them.

I have a few big ones form this season that I hope they answer. If this is a totally new timeline from the 70's onward why were they all on the plane in this time line. Assuming it was the explosion that sunk the island how are characters like Ben, Ben Fathers, and Pierre Chang alive in the new side timeline. I just hope they explain these at all, I don't even care if the explanation makes sense.

are you retarded

Ugly
04-14-2010, 11:36 PM
Well if Jughead's detonation did cause the timeline split (and Daniel Faraday/Whitmore restated that fact in last week's episode. Faraday is like Data or Spock; when it comes to the show's internal logic, motherfucker ain't wrong), why are Ben and Ben's Dad and Chang still alive?

Rider
04-15-2010, 12:25 AM
are you retarded

I've fucked every girlfriend I have ever had.

redbreegull
04-15-2010, 02:17 AM
I've fucked every girlfriend I have ever had.

That's so relevant it makes me want to come.

Didn't Ben's father say something to the end of, 'I'm glad we got off the island while we could"?

Ugly
04-15-2010, 06:54 PM
Eh, not exactly:
<I>ROGER: This isn't the life I wanted for you, Ben. I wanted so much more.

BEN: I know.

ROGER: That's why I signed up for that damn Dharma Initiative and took you to the island, and... they were decent people. Smarter than I'll ever be. Imagine how different our lives would have been if we'd stayed.

BEN: Yes, we'd have both lived happily ever after...

ROGER: No, I'm serious, Ben! Who knows what you would have become? </I>

The line seems to imply that they left before Jughead went off, which doesn't make sense if the timeline spits at the moment of Jughead's detonation. Speaking of which, wouldn't flash-sideways Chang (who introduced Hurley's award) know that Hurley was from the future and worked for Dharma?

redbreegull
04-15-2010, 07:30 PM
yeah, those are actually pretty blatant mistakes in continuity if they don't have a mechanism for explaining them...

Ugly
04-15-2010, 07:59 PM
There is the whole "flash-sideways are flash-forwards" theory, that Smokey leaves the island, rewrites reality, and the flash sideways world is the result, but that would mean that the nuke going off would mean jack squat, which would make Faraday repeatedly mentioning how setting off a nuclear bomb would change the timeline also pointless, which doesn't make much sense.

Rider
04-15-2010, 09:31 PM
The one that really bugs me that I don't think they are going to explain and we are not supposed to notice is, why were they all on the plan in the sideways timeline? The world is radically different they all have different new back stories yet they all are in the exact same situation, Clare is pregnant, Jack is bringing home his fathers body, Kate is still under arrest. That just makes no sense.

AndySlash
04-15-2010, 09:38 PM
if you ascribe to the idea that "course correction" is always at work, it makes sense. these people are all linked together, no matter what the timeline is. i don't think the world is as radically different as you say it is. parts of their lives may be, but their overall life, and especially their "world", is not.

Ugly
04-15-2010, 09:43 PM
Fate and destiny and these characters lives being intertwined has always been a huge aspect of the show so it doesn't bother me in the slightest that they'd keep running into each other and still be in the same situations: it's a thematic thing. No problem there. I just wanna know why the hell Ben, Chang, Ethan, and Ben's dad are all still alive. Details, people, details!

Rider
04-15-2010, 09:46 PM
Fate and destiny and these characters lives being intertwined has always been a huge aspect of the show so it doesn't bother me in the slightest that they'd keep running into each other and still be in the same situations: it's a thematic thing. No problem there. I just wanna know why the hell Ben, Chang, Ethan, and Ben's dad are all still alive. Details, people, details!

There are all sorts of continuity errors with Chang.

redbreegull
04-15-2010, 09:53 PM
The one that really bugs me that I don't think they are going to explain and we are not supposed to notice is, why were they all on the plan in the sideways timeline? The world is radically different they all have different new back stories yet they all are in the exact same situation, Clare is pregnant, Jack is bringing home his fathers body, Kate is still under arrest. That just makes no sense.

it's a fantasy story man. If this is what bothers you, how did you possibly make it to season six?

Rider
04-15-2010, 10:19 PM
it's a fantasy story man. If this is what bothers you, how did you possibly make it to season six?

It's fine to have a fantasy world with it's own rules, when you start having to bend the rules within your own fantasy world to make things work you start having issues.
I have no issue with explanations that don't make sense, but you assume I either won't notice something or will just accept it with any attempt to exlain it I have issues.

redbreegull
04-15-2010, 10:32 PM
It's fine to have a fantasy world with it's own rules, when you start having to bend the rules within your own fantasy world to make things work you start having issues.
I have no issue with explanations that don't make sense, but you assume I either won't notice something or will just accept it with any attempt to exlain it I have issues.

the characters' lives crossing over in ridiculous coincidences has been one of the central motifs in the whole series

Rider
04-15-2010, 10:39 PM
the characters' lives crossing over in ridiculous coincidences has been one of the central motifs in the whole series

I love how defensive of this show people get.

Ugly
04-15-2010, 11:49 PM
He's right, though. Bagging on why Chang and Ben etc. are alive in the flash sideways makes sense because it's plot-related logical Point A to Point B stuff. Themes and motifs are different because they're just there for, like, the vibe man. If the series showed these characters lives intercontected before they were on the island and off the island it makes perfect sense for their lives to be connected in different ways in an alternate reality. That's one of the big points of the show.

Rider
04-16-2010, 12:41 AM
He's right, though. Bagging on why Chang and Ben etc. are alive in the flash sideways makes sense because it's plot-related logical Point A to Point B stuff. Themes and motifs are different because they're just there for, like, the vibe man. If the series showed these characters lives intercontected before they were on the island and off the island it makes perfect sense for their lives to be connected in different ways in an alternate reality. That's one of the big points of the show.

Yes but they could be interrelated without the plane. Personally I would have found that much more interesting. Having them all be on the plane again was just a gimmick.

28if
04-16-2010, 12:43 AM
lost has been full of gimmicks since the beginning. season one was cheesy as shit.

28if
04-16-2010, 12:43 AM
remember how they would end the show with touching moments set to songs on hurley's headphones?

redbreegull
04-16-2010, 12:45 AM
Yes but they could be interrelated without the plane. Personally I would have found that much more interesting. Having them all be on the plane again was just a gimmick.

oh so basically you are saying "I arbitrarily feel this way and I am going to attempt to justify it by making illegitimate claims to objectivism"

Rider
04-16-2010, 12:58 AM
oh so basically you are saying "I arbitrarily feel this way and I am going to attempt to justify it by making illegitimate claims to objectivism"

Again I love it, it's like talking to Monte about religion. Calm down it's a TV show.

redbreegull
04-16-2010, 01:40 AM
Again I love it, it's like talking to Monte about religion. Calm down it's a TV show.

"I can't be wrong, let me try and derail what the argument was actually about"

Rider
04-16-2010, 01:59 AM
"I can't be wrong, let me try and derail what the argument was actually about"

You do realize every time you post you prove my point further.

redbreegull
04-16-2010, 02:09 AM
the funny thing is that I'm not a dick sucking fanboy at all. I roll my eyes at this show all the time. You just really don't want to be wrong.

Rider
04-16-2010, 02:11 AM
the funny thing is that I'm not a dick sucking fanboy at all. I roll my eyes at this show all the time. You just really don't want to be wrong.

Still going....

smashingjj
04-16-2010, 04:28 AM

I really agree with this, the storyline's just got so many mistakes, unless they're there for a reason and going to be explained it's just a really bad story.

Do you remember earlier this season when Miles told a few other characters that he had seen 'that blonde girl that was pregnant and then went lost'. As I recall, he wasn't even around when Claire was still in the series.

Still, I'm following this and wondering what's going to happen. I'm sure that boy that Smokey and Desmond saw will have some important role, I wonder what they're going to do with that.

28if
04-16-2010, 03:10 PM
miles met claire in season four

AndySlash
04-16-2010, 03:20 PM
There are all sorts of continuity errors with Chang.

like what?

Ugly
04-16-2010, 07:09 PM
How is he alive in the sideways timeline? Why the heck did he keep going under aliases in the Dharma training videos? Okay, I'm not sure if they're continuity errors, but they are pretty big questions that I think should be addressed. I'm fine with not understanding EVERYTHING because the show could get really didactic and lame quick if it was just a laundry list of answered questions, but there's a few that'll bug me.

Why is Walt so damn special, for one.

Ugly
04-16-2010, 07:11 PM

Solid gimmick, though. It was really just there for the opening scene of S6 with the whole "holy crap, plane is gonna crash wait it didn't yabutwha?"

AndySlash
04-16-2010, 07:14 PM
why wouldn't it be a possibility he was alive in the alt?

Ugly
04-16-2010, 07:20 PM
If the nuke explosion was what caused the alternate reality, and he was at basically ground zero when the nuke went off ("The Incident") how did he survive?

AndySlash
04-16-2010, 07:39 PM
i think that's a pretty big clue that the nuke detonation in the main timeline doesn't really have anything to do with the alt, or at least the alt did not "spin off" from that point in time.

Ugly
04-16-2010, 07:59 PM
That kinda drives me batty, though. Why would the show state repeatedly "nuclear bomb changes timeline, nuclear bomb changes timeline", bring back Daniel to say "nuclear bomb changes timeline" etc. etc. and then have it not be the Jughead explosion? Ack!

AndySlash
04-16-2010, 08:07 PM
Instead of the detonation being THE catalyst, maybe it was the first step of a larger series of events that we're seeing play out now.

Rider
04-18-2010, 07:35 PM
How is he alive in the sideways timeline? Why the heck did he keep going under aliases in the Dharma training videos? Okay, I'm not sure if they're continuity errors, but they are pretty big questions that I think should be addressed. I'm fine with not understanding EVERYTHING because the show could get really didactic and lame quick if it was just a laundry list of answered questions, but there's a few that'll bug me.

Why is Walt so damn special, for one.

Can't remember all the details because it was scattered on tons of pages but theres stuff with the training videos that seem to be out of sync with the time they established alter.

I think most of it is totally unintentional and happened simply because they hadn't really fleshed out every tiny detail of the production when they introduced him in the films.

28if
04-18-2010, 08:05 PM
Instead of the detonation being THE catalyst, maybe it was the first step of a larger series of events that we're seeing play out now.

yeah man. we have no idea what happened after the bomb went off, it's silly to assume that the island just immediately sunk and everyone died. that obviously didn't happen, Chang and Ben and all these other people are still alive in the alt.

peabody
04-21-2010, 07:39 AM
So I've been telling everyone and thinking the reunion of Jin and Sun would make me cry like a little bitch for weeks/months now!

When they came together tonight...it didn't do much for me. It was so sudden and abruptly ended. But I guess that's the point.

I was more moved when Sawyer found Jin in the forest in season 5 and hugged him.

maybe they should get married

Rider
04-21-2010, 10:55 AM
So I've been telling everyone and thinking the reunion of Jin and Sun would make me cry like a little bitch for weeks/months now!

When they came together tonight...it didn't do much for me. It was so sudden and abruptly ended. But I guess that's the point.

I was more moved when Sawyer found Jin in the forest in season 5 and hugged him.

maybe they should get married

You need to get out more if this show makes you want to cry, even worse look forward to crying.

redbreegull
04-21-2010, 12:49 PM
Rider is obviously way above this show.

Rider
04-21-2010, 05:08 PM
Rider is obviously way above this show.

Do you need a hug?

redbreegull
04-21-2010, 06:59 PM
no, but you can suck on my cock if you want

Rider
04-21-2010, 07:09 PM
no, but you can suck on my cock if you want

Thanks, I'm flattered but I don't swing that way. Keep trying I'm sure you'll find someone who will take up your offer. I hear they have bars just for your type of people now.

28if
05-01-2010, 09:05 PM
i just accidentally read some major spoilers, i clicked out before viewing them in full, DarkUFO - LOST Homepage (http://www.darkufo.blogspot.com) for deets. highlight below for what i remember.

jin and sun die, widmore dies, sayid redeems himself and dies, sub blows up

Ugly
05-04-2010, 12:38 AM
^ Stupid ads highlighted the word Syaid. Great, now I know Sayid is involved. Fuck!

redbreegull
05-05-2010, 05:12 PM
I can't believe Frank was killed by a door

Ugly
05-05-2010, 06:44 PM
Shit! Why did I highlight that spoiler just to satisfy my curiosity thinking that it was only about last night's casualties?!