View Full Version : Going to the upcoming 2010 concerts?

Springbridge
03-22-2010, 11:32 PM
Are you going to the upcoming concerts (at least one)?

samuel redman
03-22-2010, 11:33 PM
im gonna go to as many as i possibly can, yes

Ugly
03-22-2010, 11:53 PM
Unless Jimmy comes back, no.

srt4b
03-23-2010, 03:07 AM
im gonna go to as many as i possibly can, yes

I'm sorry.

Spaldz
03-23-2010, 08:21 AM
Well we don't know where they are going to play yet..

spidersoma
03-23-2010, 08:30 AM
My past concert experiences have been memorable and fulfilling. At this point, I am worried that the last Pumpkins show I see will leave a bad taste in my mouth if I go to the upcoming tour. Truth be told, I haven't really enjoyed a single song SP has put out in the past few years other than "United States."

Pizza Club
03-23-2010, 08:33 AM
I'm not going if it's anything more than $35, and even then I doubt it.

DaveKShape
03-23-2010, 11:03 AM
if they happen to play at one of my company's music venues and i can go for free, i'd definitely go see them, just to see firsthand what i imagine would be quite a shitshow.

runnersdialzero
03-23-2010, 11:12 AM
I am curious where in Toronto they would play. Last time was Massey Hall, which is safe for them (him) because it's small enough that they can sell it out but has a classy rep. The koolhaus it the medium-sized venue but its pretty shit and gets bands like those pushed by the local "alternative" station (aka 90's revivalist). Anything smaller than that would be a huge drop in stature. Arrow Hall is away from the downtown. There are some smaller venues (Royal Alexandra Theatre) which i have not checked out yet but they could go to and push an intimate experience thing.

I just don't think they can even fill the medium size venues anymore, so this tour should be pretty telling

SpFission
03-23-2010, 02:25 PM
fucking liars

pale_princess
03-23-2010, 05:12 PM
I am curious where in Toronto they would play. Last time was Massey Hall, which is safe for them (him) because it's small enough that they can sell it out but has a classy rep. The koolhaus it the medium-sized venue but its pretty shit and gets bands like those pushed by the local "alternative" station (aka 90's revivalist). Anything smaller than that would be a huge drop in stature. Arrow Hall is away from the downtown. There are some smaller venues (Royal Alexandra Theatre) which i have not checked out yet but they could go to and push an intimate experience thing.

I just don't think they can even fill the medium size venues anymore, so this tour should be pretty telling

weird to refer to bill & the randoms as "they," but, hey.

probably sound academy. but the tickets would cost too much and it wouldn't come near to selling out.

seeing the "actual" smashing pumpkins at the guvernment in 2000 was amazing though.

redbull
03-23-2010, 05:19 PM
i might go if they're playing within an hour's drive and tickets are cheap

slunken
03-23-2010, 06:47 PM
if they come to cincinnati i'll see them but won't drive to columbus again. fuck columbus.

Piggy
03-23-2010, 06:59 PM
I will not spend money to go see them. If the radio station is giving away tickets and i happen to win them then cool. Otherwise screw that.

pale_princess
03-23-2010, 07:24 PM
i wouldn't go if bill was crashing karaoke night at the bar across the street from me.

Corganist
03-23-2010, 08:37 PM
If the tickets are relatively affordable, and my schedule allows, I'll probably drive 5 or 6 hours to see a show if they play Dallas or St. Louis, which is generally as close as Billy/SP ever can be counted on to come to where I live. I'll definitely go no matter what if they play anywhere closer.

Mablak
03-23-2010, 09:46 PM
I flew down from Portland to San Francisco to see the residency show in 07, thinking I might never have the chance to see my favorite band live again, I'm surprised how right I was.

I think I would only go if Billy was dying of AIDS and promised it would be the last show under the SP name, and if we could successfully get enough people to organize a massive booing at the end of each song.

Springbridge
03-23-2010, 10:03 PM
weird to refer to bill & the randoms as "they," but, hey.

probably sound academy. but the tickets would cost too much and it wouldn't come near to selling out.

seeing the "actual" smashing pumpkins at the guvernment in 2000 was amazing though.

My friend went to that front row, he even gave me the audience recording of the show that was going around there.

RenewRevive
03-23-2010, 10:39 PM
If they come to the UK, then yeah, so long as tickets are priced reasonably.

paranoid
03-23-2010, 11:20 PM
I flew down from Portland to San Francisco to see the residency show in 07, thinking I might never have the chance to see my favorite band live again, I'm surprised how right I was.

Interesting.. what was it about the situation at the time that made this thought lurk in the back of your head?

Rider
03-23-2010, 11:34 PM
Considering I had free tickets to the anniversary tour and didn't go I doubt I'll be going to anything on this tour.

Rider
03-23-2010, 11:37 PM
Also why do people still refer to the Pumpkins as "t****?

Reyngel
03-24-2010, 12:17 AM
There's no such thing as a "Smashing Pumpkins concert" anymore.

Billy isn't playing with anyone who was ever in the Pumpkins, Billy claims he is finished playing any of the Pumpkins catalog, and instead of thanking his audience at the end, he's bitching them out and telling them he doesn't want them as fans.

That's not a Pumpkins show.

That's a Billy Corgan solo show. Except instead of decent, creative, innovative songs, he's playing Widow Wake my Mind with Mike Byrne on drums.

Who the fuck would go to see that horse shit?

I've never missed a Billy show of any incarnation. But this time around, I just don't see myself paying a way overcharged ticket price to be yelled at after a night of hearing shit I've never liked.

Starla
03-24-2010, 04:18 AM
fuck no. i've got my ticket for pearl jam in may. eddie vedder doesn't act like a giant asshole and tell me I'm not his fan!

stripes
03-24-2010, 01:55 PM
i saw'em here in asheville. but not here in 2010

Slurpee
03-24-2010, 05:12 PM
I guess it depends where they play, but seeing the Bollster seems required given the amount of time I spend bitching about him .

Springbridge
03-24-2010, 08:20 PM
Boo...I can't recall a time that Billy let me down live so if the trend of 20+ years repeats itself, it's gonna rock my socks. And then all of you no thank you people will hear about it and are going to be fighting and shuffling to get that last ticket in the nose bleed section.

srt4b
03-24-2010, 09:06 PM
Boo...I can't recall a time that Billy let me down live so if the trend of 20+ years repeats itself, it's gonna rock my socks. And then all of you no thank you people will hear about it and are going to be fighting and shuffling to get that last ticket in the nose bleed section.

There isn't a nose bleed section at the local karaoke bar.

fuzzyroes
03-25-2010, 04:43 AM
I'll definately be going. But i do have to admit, its kinda hard to imagine that they'll be able to keep the live show to "Pumpkins live show standards" with mike byrnes and a bunch of other new kids on keys and bass. I really hope for Billys sake they can pull it off but I have a feeling it may be a dissaster and put an end to the SP moniker. Well one things for sure, Billys got alot on his plate and is gonna have alot to prove.

Springbridge
03-25-2010, 07:20 AM
Maybe this is the cool guy that will come on stage.

YouTube - Billy Corgan Talks To Cameras At Social. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-oLAMr0jZQ)