View Full Version : Isn't it weird we all joined this forum

waltermcphilp
03-09-2010, 10:14 AM
Because at one time we actually liked the smashing pumpkins?

TOTAL MIND BLOW

:eek:

Mo
03-09-2010, 10:22 AM
That's what happens when a musician starts to suck.

waltermcphilp
03-09-2010, 10:25 AM
The times are a changin'

Caine Walker
03-09-2010, 10:30 AM
hold me.

Caine Walker
03-09-2010, 10:34 AM
i remember just being in complete awe of the whole mellon collie era. the look, the music, the attitude. fuck. i wanted to BE those guys.

waltermcphilp
03-09-2010, 10:43 AM
Hey there, caine_walker is handsome young man with the world in his grasp.

If he wants to be a smashing pumpkin then darnit he will be.

It's just such a sobering realization how down the tubes this band went.

Caine Walker
03-09-2010, 11:00 AM
so, i'm the only one who's going to reminisce?

Caine Walker
03-09-2010, 11:04 AM
you're on ignore, flipnut. get over it.

waltermcphilp
03-09-2010, 11:19 AM
I wish I was into this band back when they were amazing.

Alas I was a few years too young.

Billy needs to get on the archives project and remind people he used to know how to rock.

Elvis The Fat Years
03-09-2010, 11:42 AM
william should so what the foo are doing.

Foo Fighters Team With Butch Vig for “Heaviest Album Yet”

...But unlike the Foos’ previous two efforts, which were recorded at Studio 606 (a cutting edge recording complex/rehearsal space/party den that the band owns in Northridge, California), this forthcoming album will be recorded entirely in analog — and out of Grohl’s garage....

waltermcphilp
03-09-2010, 11:45 AM

...But unlike the Foos’ previous two efforts, which were recorded at Studio 606 (a cutting edge recording complex/rehearsal space/party den that the band owns in Northridge, California), this forthcoming album will be recorded entirely in analog — and out of Grohl’s garage....

That sounds pretty cool.

Foo Fighters seemed to have kept it together for a good while.

:smoke:

CourtJaster
03-09-2010, 12:14 PM
I vowed ten years ago I'd never join this forum.

I'm here more because I hate SP now. Not anything about what it was (88-2000) but the total clusterfuck it's become.

Caine Walker
03-09-2010, 12:17 PM
welcome, courtjaster!

waltermcphilp
03-09-2010, 12:42 PM
I vowed ten years ago I'd never join this forum.

I'm here more because I hate SP now. Not anything about what it was (88-2000) but the total clusterfuck it's become.

:banging:

duovamp
03-09-2010, 01:48 PM
Pumpkins peaked in 1981.

Pop Tart
03-09-2010, 01:51 PM
I never liked the Smashing Pumpkins. I just wandered in here off the street.

waltermcphilp
03-09-2010, 02:07 PM
I never liked the Smashing Pumpkins. I just wandered in here off the street.

I knew you smelled familiar.

reprise85
03-09-2010, 02:24 PM
i remember just being in complete awe of the whole mellon collie era. the look, the music, the attitude. fuck. i wanted to BE those guys.

Same. I was 11 when I first saw BWBW on, yes, MTV. I had never seen anything like it before, it was so emotional and heavy and fucking perfect. I bought MCIS immediately. This was early/mid 1996. Then I saw them on tour in Miami on Nov 17, 1996 and it was amazing and I bought all the other albums, working backwards, and started posting on AMSP. And well... the rest is history? Miss what it was, of course, but even if Billy shits all over his legacy like he's trying to do, I'll still always remember 88-00 fondly. And Zwan. And even his solo record. But mostly the real SP.

waltermcphilp
03-09-2010, 02:37 PM
Man I wish I was cool enough at 11 to be into SP.

I think I was listening to smash mouth

SPLATTER
03-09-2010, 02:46 PM
That's true. I've been aware of netphoria since the beginning, but i didn't join until this year because i need a place to try and make sense of how my all time favorite band is now something i can't really stand.

Shallowed
03-09-2010, 02:59 PM
I wish I was into this band back when they were amazing.

I became a SP fanatic at on of the worst possible times. :cry:

Pop Tart
03-09-2010, 04:11 PM
That's true. I've been aware of since the beginning, but i didn't join until this year because i need a place to try and make sense of how my all time favorite band is now something i can't really stand.
^ Same!

I'm so unobservant that I never paid much attention to anything until MCIS. I was dating this guy who was mooching on my sofa watching videos, and 1979 came on and I said, "Who's that? He's so tortured!" and he's like, "Where the hell have you been?" (but nicer than that because he was my bf and probably thought I'd eventually have sex with him) and I immediately went out and bought Gish, SD, MCIS and TAFH.

I was so innocent and impressionable then. :confused:

FlspnutIsCool
03-09-2010, 08:10 PM
i joined this forum because flspnut is badass

redbull
03-09-2010, 08:13 PM
*post about how i listened to SP when I was six because my babysitter loved them*

RenewRevive
03-09-2010, 08:24 PM

in theory, yes. but remember produced the suckfest that was Jimmy Eat World's Chase This Light album.

Trotskilicious
03-09-2010, 08:42 PM
^ Same!

I'm so unobservant that I never paid much attention to anything until MCIS. I was dating this guy who was mooching on my sofa watching videos, and 1979 came on and I said, "Who's that? He's so tortured!" and he's like, "Where the hell have you been?" (but nicer than that because he was my bf and probably thought I'd eventually have sex with him) and I immediately went out and bought Gish, SD, MCIS and TAFH.

I was so innocent and impressionable then. :confused:

throw in PI and that's all you really need tho

and it is good shit it's just you know everyone starts sucking eventually

maybe bolly's carreer will have some kind of upswing when he's like 50 or something and realizes he's been a total fuckhead, who knows. it's not unprecedented for the middle part of someone's career being completely forgettable only to redeem themselves when they get older. i think, whatever.

billy corgan sucks

Pop Tart
03-09-2010, 09:19 PM
Oh yeah - and Pisces. That one used to be my favourite. If I could only take one of them onto Gilligan's Island with me, and the Professor had a CD player hooked up, I'd probably take Pisces Iscariot.

lambert
03-09-2010, 09:49 PM
i remember just being in complete awe of the whole mellon era. the look, the music, the attitude. fuck. i wanted to BE those guys.

This exactly.

langley
03-09-2010, 10:07 PM
i liked the smashing pumpkins when they we're an actual band you could listen to and enjoy. that love has been replaced by morbid fascination with the train wreck corgan has made of it. it's all so wrong these days but i just can't look away.

T&T
03-10-2010, 09:38 AM
them good old dayz.

miss em.

waltermcphilp
03-10-2010, 09:44 AM
Dear Good Ol Days,

I haven't heard from you in a while and was wondering if you were ok. I am fine, but I still think about you a lot. Hope to hear from you soon. I miss you.

Love,
Me

P.S. I think I saw you at Walmart last week. Was that you?

DiscoJon
03-10-2010, 11:02 AM
I listened to the Gravity Demos last night. I'm baffled how "Widow Wake My Mind" is somehow a quality song in Billy's eyes now.

Pop Tart
03-10-2010, 02:16 PM
I listened to the Gravity Demos last night. I'm baffled how "Widow Wake My Mind" is somehow a quality song in Billy's eyes now.
I know! He's totally tapped out. That's a horrible thing to say, but it seems true.

One of my favourite SP things to listen to is this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/cb/Sp881005.JPG

Back to basics.

CourtJaster
03-10-2010, 03:15 PM
I think part of the problem is that he's always been about moving on to a different sound.

When you bring that process to it's logical end you find yourself far away from what really worked in the first place.

charade
03-10-2010, 03:23 PM

same here. the pumpkins were my life!

DeadOpera
03-10-2010, 03:23 PM
moving onto a different sound? i disagree. zwan and anything sp2 sounds old and re-hashed. most of zeitgeist sounded like a watered down mcis. like doomsdaycock was bodies part deux

waltermcphilp
03-10-2010, 03:24 PM
Pop Tart. I think I am in love with you. Can we have a online love affair? Some day, maybe get married on stage at a TGBK show and have Billy do the wedding vows?

Poptart is a dude. :erm:

DeadOpera
03-10-2010, 03:24 PM
same here. the pumpkins were my life!
end of the charade. get the fuck outta here. :)

DeadOpera
03-10-2010, 03:25 PM
Poptart is a dude. :erm:
a very fat dude. with big fat tits.

FlspnutIsCool
03-10-2010, 08:18 PM
....I am going psycho. I am trolling myself. . They said it would happen soon.

Dude your so awesome

Pop Tart
03-10-2010, 09:54 PM
a very fat dude. with .
That's quite true. I was in the Stand Inside Your Love video rubbing my nipples. Haven't had much work since then, I'm afraid. Just been sitting on my throne, rubbing away.

Dude your so awesome
:rofl: Starting your own fanclub? Are you Billy?

Shallowed
03-11-2010, 12:10 AM
Woah. What the fuck. A while ago I thought you were a guy, then I think I remember you or someone confirming that you were a lady, now you're a guy again??

Catherine Wheel
03-11-2010, 12:12 AM
The plot thickens

waltermcphilp
03-11-2010, 12:23 AM
Woah. What the fuck. A while ago I thought you were a guy, then I think I remember you or someone confirming that you were a lady, now you're a guy again??

Better delete those chat logs. :eek:

Pop Tart
03-11-2010, 01:48 AM
Last time I checked, I was a lady.

But it was decided in another thread that I played the part of the foetus in the Try, Try, Try vid, so I said that if I was going to be anyone, I wanted to be the nipple rubbing guy in Stand Inside Your Love - the reason being that it was decided in yet another thread that I'm fat.

Basically I just hang around here morphing into whatever anyone needs....and so glad to be of service, I'm sure. :rolleyes:

Trotskilicious
03-11-2010, 02:30 AM
i need a girl to give me a blow job can you morph into that

Pop Tart
03-11-2010, 07:02 AM
I don't put anything in my mouth if I don't know where it's been. Unless it's been sterilised by boiling.

Astur
03-11-2010, 08:08 AM
moving onto a different sound? i disagree. zwan and anything sp2 sounds old and re-hashed. most of zeitgeist sounded like a watered down mcis. like doomsdaycock was bodies part deux

more like a diarrheaded down mcis and a bodies part shit

Kahlo
03-11-2010, 09:02 AM
I loved your cocksucking post at sp.com flspnut

"There has been a large influx of O-Boarders over to the N-Board in the last 3 weeks. What is happening here at the O-Board to see this happen? This is the only board that seems like people are intelligent enough to discuss intelligently SP related things, yet they are leaving. Not sure what to think about it."

That better have been sarcasm.

Sonic Johnny
03-11-2010, 09:14 AM
^ wait, do they seriously call us the 'n-board' over there?

that's like being the 'n-word' of smashing pumpkins fan communities

Kahlo
03-11-2010, 09:29 AM
And if it wasn't Kahole...what are you going to do about it?

Get your own patter son.

waltermcphilp
03-11-2010, 11:25 AM
I don't put anything in my mouth if I don't know where it's been. Unless it's been sterilised by boiling.

Can you turn into a pizza after sex?

Pop Tart
03-11-2010, 02:29 PM
^ wait, do they seriously call us the 'n-board' over there?

that's like being the 'n-word' of fan communities
We're niggaz.

I will boil my entire body for you Pop. Tell me we can be together.
....and yet in another thread there was a little something about you being married with kids, fishing on a yacht? You, sir, are a philanderer! Hmpf!

Can you turn into a pizza after sex?
What :mad: topping :mad: would :mad: you :mad: like?

Luke de Spa
03-11-2010, 02:47 PM
surely "no-board" would be more apt

waltermcphilp
03-11-2010, 03:03 PM
What :mad: topping :mad: would :mad: you :mad: like?

Bacon please :)

exactlythesame
03-11-2010, 06:00 PM
what the fruit is goin on here

waltermcphilp
03-11-2010, 06:09 PM
<marquee>:bananamac</marquee><marquee>:bananamac</marquee><marquee>:bananamac</marquee><marquee>:bananamac</marquee><marquee>:bananamac</marquee><marquee>:bananamac</marquee><marquee>:bananamac</marquee><marquee>:bananamac</marquee><marquee>:bananamac</marquee>

redbull
03-11-2010, 06:18 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MGQjyGT1-mc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MGQjyGT1-mc&hl=en_US&fs=1&***********" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Trotskilicious
03-12-2010, 12:26 AM
i was going to give animal collective another try but now i think i'll pass. thank you redbull.

Pop Tart
03-12-2010, 01:08 AM
That's a really good quality video. I hate those horrid patchy-looking ones.

exactlythesame
03-12-2010, 01:11 AM
Animal Collective

that's one of the most irritating songs i've ever heard

million_watts
03-12-2010, 04:50 AM
i liked the when they we're an actual band you could to and enjoy. that love has been replaced by morbid fascination with the train wreck corgan has made of it. it's all so wrong these days but i just can't look away.
i'm with this guy

pale blue eyes
03-14-2010, 10:04 AM
I was going through my vinyl yesterday, stumbled onto my SP section, and to be honest it was sort of depressing to realize I will never be that excited about a band again. They were one of the first bands I discovered on my own, before their peak and not after or as a hand-me-down from my parents' record collection, and I was at the perfect age to foster an unhealthy obsession with them. I remember feeling like I would die if I missed their tour stop near me and up until a few years ago they still had the power to reduce me to reduce me to the fangirl I was sixteen (!) years ago. They played four shows in Philly three years ago and I went to every fucking one. Despite hearing a lot of stuff over and over, hearing Cherry or an acoustic version of whatever still got me excited. Maybe it is just my age or whatever, but I miss that feeling.

Shallowed
03-14-2010, 12:34 PM
SP have played Cherry?

pale blue eyes
03-14-2010, 07:02 PM
Yup :)

Dogfighter28
03-14-2010, 07:07 PM
Fuck Animal Collective

waltermcphilp
03-14-2010, 07:28 PM
PENNIES FOR SALE!

stumpycat
03-14-2010, 11:09 PM
It's strange to realize that I've been on this board for twelve damned years, literally since its inception. Most all of us were little, bickering, passionate teens; today we're all in our twenties or early thirties, and yet it feels as though so little has changed as we all kind of grew up together. I suppose that is the permanence of the internet for you.

RenewRevive
03-17-2010, 11:27 AM
12 years? Andrew should pay you a percentage!

Kahlo
03-17-2010, 03:26 PM
Or a pension.

waltermcphilp
03-17-2010, 03:38 PM
Or a noose.

stumpycat
03-18-2010, 01:24 AM
I remember how feverishly I followed the progress of the first leg of the Adore tour, reading the reviews (when one actually had to wait until the next morning to get the full scoop) and downloading all the fan photos (when managing to photograph concerts was still something to be done on the sly.) Then there were other topic classics such as "Billy's house and the moonkids," "Fat Jimmy?," and "Melting question mark."

Gollum
03-21-2010, 01:12 AM
oops

IWishIWasBlank
03-21-2010, 07:57 AM
*post about getting into SP because of Gish, and how nothing has sounded like it /matched the quality imho since*

*post about how i listened to SP when I was six because my babysitter loved them*

Virgo Thing
03-25-2010, 08:27 PM
The Smashing Pumpkins have my unconditional love. I'm behind them even if I heard Smashing Pumpkins feat. Drake or some shit.