View Full Version : Archive project?

darcy666
02-15-2010, 08:30 AM
Hi,

I've been away a while but after searching through the threads I can't find any recent info on the archive project that Quinto was working on. Was there ever any official statement on whether this is still going to see the light of day or was it shelved indefinitely?

Cool As Ice Cream
02-15-2010, 08:46 AM
he's still working on it, but quietly. there are no more updates.

darcy666
02-15-2010, 08:49 AM
OK, thanks.

Kahlo
02-15-2010, 08:51 AM
Yep he is still cataloguing stuff. He hints at greatness.

Spaldz
02-15-2010, 09:50 AM
Yep he is still cataloguing stuff. He hints at hoarding.

I concur

Kahlo
02-15-2010, 10:20 AM
Always seemed like a bad idea to put the #1 anti-social hoarder in charge of the Archives project. Nice public relations disaster with the archive board as well.

thomas_bland
02-15-2010, 10:24 AM
Not like messing up a project that had promise is anything new to Bill.

Pizza Club
02-15-2010, 10:54 AM
Hi,

I've been away a while but after searching through the threads I can't find any recent info on the archive project that Quinto was working on. Was there ever any official statement on whether this is still going to see the light of day or was it shelved indefinitely?

So you are the person that hasn't been working together to make this a great year!

redbull
02-15-2010, 03:41 PM
holy LOL

Fonzie
02-15-2010, 03:48 PM
he's still working on it, but quietly. there are no more updates.

if we take the guy doing the Queen archives, we've got at least another decade to wait.

RenewRevive
02-15-2010, 04:02 PM
How difficult a job can this be? Fuck, even Kahlo could have produced something by now!

Cool As Ice Cream
02-15-2010, 04:09 PM
i wonder if they have figured out yet how they want to release stuff from these archives.
they were talking about subscription, box sets, fanclub-only releases, downloads, ... there was a lot of talking, but i didn't get the impression it got anywhere.

Kahlo
02-15-2010, 04:44 PM
How difficult a job can this be? Fuck, even Kahlo could have produced something by now!

I got the archive board closed down. Thats about it I'm afraid :/

Spaldz
02-15-2010, 05:03 PM
To be honest if it was my full time job it would be complete by now...it would probably take about a day to catalogue the stuff....stay a couple of hours after 5pm Quinto you joker...ask Billy for some overtime...

Just get off your lazy arse and do something basically.

T&T
02-15-2010, 05:04 PM
maybe they were just archiving for themselves?

CrabbMan
02-15-2010, 05:08 PM
he's running the auctions I think. and those seem to be happening. I got my merchandise.

New Art Rioter
02-15-2010, 05:43 PM
How's the guitar working out for you?

Kahlo
02-15-2010, 06:15 PM
To be honest if it was my full time job it would be complete by now...it would probably take about a day to catalogue the stuff....stay a couple of hours after 5pm Quinto you joker...ask Billy for some overtime...

I think Quinto is actually going through reels and identifying songs, compiling setlists from boots that kind of thing. It would take an age tbh, and as hard as we are on him he probably knows the material better than anyone.

Or he is making a giant list to tease you all with.

Astur
02-15-2010, 06:18 PM
Somewhere on Earth there's a motherfucker listening to a studio "Speed".

Spaldz
02-16-2010, 05:51 AM
he's running the auctions I think. and those seem to be happening. I got my merchandise.

If you are going to pay over $1000's for a guitar then yes I can see why you received your merchandise and Billy could afford a new holistic healing spa

aomb1979
02-18-2010, 12:41 AM
Somewhere on Earth there's a motherfucker listening to a studio "Speed".

Hear, hear

killtrocity
02-18-2010, 04:03 AM
that kind of pisses me off

Forgotten Child
02-19-2010, 10:09 AM
last update by quinto:

Progress is going well. I've been cataloging recordings. There are a lot of songs in there that haven't been released. A lot that I haven't heard before, and different versions of known songs that really stand out. For example, full band Vanilla with JC on drums.

exactlythesame
02-19-2010, 11:42 AM
wtf, i want full band vanilla

New Art Rioter
02-19-2010, 12:25 PM
Yep. I'd like to be more excited about Teargarden, but stuff like a full band Vanilla honestly excites me a lot more

Cool As Ice Cream
02-19-2010, 02:33 PM
I think Quinto is actually going through reels and identifying songs, compiling setlists from boots that kind of thing.

yeah, but why wait until he's done with that job before they actually start doing something with the music in the archive? surely it can't be that hard to release a set of demos or a live show or two now while he continues archiving.

if we have to wait until he gets through the entire archive, we won't see anything for another couple of years. i hope this isn't the plan. i never expected much from this archive project ("we'll see whenever it gets here," avoiding disappointment), but it's one of the very few new things that got my interest.

lucid_interval
02-19-2010, 04:06 PM
in a similar archive thread on the o-board, the topic about taping showws came up. i asked quinto if it was true that he'd got people kicked out of zwan shows for taping so he could tape exclusively. my post was removed pretty quickly :think: the guy sounds like a dick. he obviously doesn't care enough to let people know whats going on. saying 'things are moving along' isn't an update. i also reckon that he has helped himself to stuff, who would ever know.

NO TO CENSORSHIP!! :rofl:

waltermcphilp
02-19-2010, 04:45 PM
I'm sure anyone would get drunk with power if they had carte blanche to the archives.

salkema
02-19-2010, 07:51 PM
Well, I am intrigued by this project, no doubt. But the thing is we don't have the slightest idea what songs will be out. It would be definetely interesting if any early pumpkins songs that we are not aware of surfaces. It's a shame there's no way to check out the old archives of the SP since the website has changed. Hopefully this project will be completed anytime soon...

Cool As Ice Cream
02-19-2010, 10:51 PM
in a similar archive thread on the o-board, the topic about taping showws came up. i asked quinto if it was true that he'd got people kicked out of zwan shows for taping so he could tape exclusively. my post was removed pretty quickly :think: the guy sounds like a dick. he obviously doesn't care enough to let people know whats going on. saying 'things are moving along' isn't an update. i also reckon that he has helped himself to stuff, who would ever know.

NO TO CENSORSHIP!! :rofl:

i doubt frank quinto had anything to do with the removal of that post.

Kahlo
02-20-2010, 06:49 AM
He has deleted threads a nd posts by me in the past, and has been pretty strict about what gets posted in the Archives forum. More than likely it was him.

RenewRevive
02-20-2010, 03:39 PM
So who wants to bet that the entire monolithic Teargarden - say circa 2013 - gets released before we see anything from the Archive?

lucid_interval
02-20-2010, 05:17 PM
i doubt frank quinto had anything to do with the removal of that post.

i doubt it too, i just assumed one of the mods didn't want him to be provoked from his high horse

did anyone else hear that rumour about frank then??