View Full Version : I'm so fucking angry right now

SuckSuckStyle
03-07-2003, 09:22 PM
so the ultra communist guy I know who attacked me about Tibet wrote his article for the paper. I'm supposed to write a rebuttle article. But his is basically attacking me for even CARING about Tibet. The entire article is about how fucked up America is and how great China is and that Tibet doesn't matter.

"I challenge you to find a case of arrest in China for which they only reason someone was arrested was because of his or her ethnic **********. last time I checked, there were no such cases"

"don't worry about the people in tibet; they still have a future"

"[america sucks] this is a greater tragedy than a few tibetans not getting political freedom"

and finally, the last sentance of the paper....(addressed to me):

"you are just a moral-imperialist paper tiger"

I'm SO angry. I'm going to go run until I pass out and come back and write the most kick ass article ever.

Junebug
03-07-2003, 09:37 PM
so basically he published a personal attack on you? and i think i missed the thread on this communist guy/your position on Tibet :erm . good luck on the article though.

spa ced
03-07-2003, 09:46 PM
Go to your local bookstore and just spend a few hours reading books about Tibet.
I was uniformed about Tibet and started reading a book that I will continue reading next time I go to the bookstore.
Post your finished article here when you're done writing it. I'd like to read it.

DeviousJ
03-07-2003, 09:57 PM
Well at least it should be easy for you to kick his ass on the subject of Tibet. Then you can draw attention to his lack of comprehension skills, and maybe suggest that he wasn't too stupid to understand the subject he was supposed to write about, he just feigned ignorance because he had nothing relevant to say on the matter. Oh, and point out that some people value sovereignty over benign occupation. And get a picture of an ass, and draw an arrow pointing to it with the word 'YOU' scribbled beneath

SuckSuckStyle
03-08-2003, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by sp_aced
Go to your local bookstore and just spend a few hours reading books about Tibet.
I was uniformed about Tibet and started reading a book that I will continue reading next time I go to the bookstore.
Post your finished article here when you're done writing it. I'd like to read it.

oh I could go on and on about Tibet. I've read SOO much on it, I've interviewed people, I'm actually in contact with a guy from Tibet right now. I met him a few months ago, he's really cool. It's the one topic that I could discuss all day. I was talking to my teacher about it a few weeks ago and got so angry that I started crying. I've gone off about it to her a few times and then she gets really mad and starts cussing with me.

Originally posted by Junebug
so basically he published a personal attack on you? and i think i missed the thread on this communist guy/your position on Tibet . good luck on the article though.

basically I brought the topic up in class, my teacher said I should talk to jason and nancy xu, (twins) because they have a very different view on it. I did. everything jason said was totall bullshit. I wasn't surprised as it was coming from someone raised in communist china who had been taught their entire life untruths about their government and it's policies. I tried bringing up some points but he just kept going and i didnt really want to make it a personal argument, i jsut wanted to see what he had to say. I wasn't that angry until the next day when he approached me telling me that I had no right to worry about Tibet and that it's not my problem.

now it's almost become personal. I hope the article does the trick and I kick his ass. I'll post his article and mine when I'm done.

Cactuar
03-08-2003, 12:13 AM
call him a big fag

SuckSuckStyle
03-08-2003, 12:16 AM
his name is Bo Yin.

yeah at the end of my article, i'll put "p.s. jason you're a fag...and you're gay, too"

Best Looking Boy
03-08-2003, 12:19 AM
i'm so fucking hungry right now

SuckSuckStyle
03-08-2003, 03:00 AM
here's what I have as of now. I'm going to try and edit it down in length. I'm currenly working on an 18 page paper on the subject so i'm full of information that i'm trying to hard to convey to the entire student body in a page. very frustrating.

(his article starts out with "so you want to free tibet? okay..")

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yeah, I want to free Tibet. I’m an eighteen-year-old american high school student who, at an early age, was introduced to the struggles that Tibetan people experience every day. I’ve met and watched Tibetan refugees ask for help from the United States government as they sob, telling their stories of Chinese occupation. The more I learn about the situation, and China’s policies in Tibet, the more concerned I become for the lives of Tibetans now, and in the future.

In 1949, the Chinese Liberation Army invaded the country of Tibet, violating the international law prohibiting aggression on a sovereign state. Prior to the invasion, Tibet was recognized by other nations, including the United States, as an independent state in “fact and law”. Tibet had it’s own government, territory, a distinct people and culture, and the ability to enter into foreign relations. China claims it’s ownership of Tibet based on historical relationships hundreds of years old when Chinese emperors extended their rule throughout Asia. Although there are disputes over the historical accuracy of Tibet’s independence, the conclusion has been supported by most legal scholars and experts of the subject. In it’s history, Tibet has been claimed or under rule of numerous powers including China, Nepal, and British India; that does not make them property of those governments. There are few countries in the world’s history that have not had territorial claims by another state at one time or
another. Why should Tibet be any different?

Since the onset of the Chinese occupation, Tibetans have been stripped of their basic human rights. As a religious nation, Tibetan daily life is extremely influenced by Buddhism. The Chinese government has limited the religious practices of the Tibetan people; destroying over sixty-two hundred monasteries and nunneries, leaving only eight untouched. In March of 1959, the spiritual and political leader of Tibet, His Holiness the Dalai Lama, fled from Tibet to India where he was given political asylum. He now lives in exile, in Dharamsala, India.

As a result of the Dalai Lama’s attempts to peacefully free his country from oppression, the Chinese government sees him as a threatening power trying to overthrow China, and because of this, anyone in possession of even a picture of His Holiness is arrested. In 1997 alone, 1,216 Tibetan political prisoners were in jail for peacefully expressing their views, which normally consist of posters and uttering the words “Free Tibet”. Once in jail, prisoners are subjected to the most inhumane forms of torture for their expressions of freedom. But because they support the Dalai Lama, they’re a threat to the state. A threat? The most compassionate and peaceful man alive, who practices non-violence and whose main concern is the betterment of life for his people is considered a national threat?

I’ll tell you what’s threatening. The Chinese government threatens the survival of the Tibetan people as a race. By bringing in over 500,000 Chinese settlers into the Tibetan region, by teaching Tibetan children only Chinese history, by attempting to re-write Tibetan history, and by forced birth control on Tibetan women. By controlling the few monasteries and nunneries left in Tibet, China threatens religious survival of Buddhism in Tibet with “patriotic re-education” in which nuns and monks are forced to swear allegiance to the Chinese government and denounce the Dalai Lama. That’s threatening.

You can tell me to look the other way, to focus on the problems in my own country, to realize that the United States isn’t perfect. But I’m not going turn the other way; how dare you tell me I have no authority to care so deeply about an issue that impacts so many lives. I’m not defending the United States, we all know that this country needs a drastic turn-around. We’re not perfect; if we were, we’d see the need to send aid to Tibet and other suffering nations, not just the ones that we will benefit from in the end, or in turn will support us. In no way am I going to defend the current state of our country, I’m simply showing concern for the current state of another country, a country that is in dire need of help.

Lucy Sky Diamonds
03-08-2003, 03:08 AM
You should re-read this paragraph. I'm too tired to edit it, but you definitly need to work on the grammar in this one...

I’ll tell you what’s threatening. The Chinese government threatens the survival of the Tibetan people as a race. By bringing in over 500,000 Chinese settlers into the Tibetan region, by teaching Tibetan children only Chinese history, by attempting to re-write Tibetan history, and by forced birth control on Tibetan women. By controlling the few monasteries and nunneries left in Tibet, China threatens religious survival of Buddhism in Tibet with “patriotic re-education” in which nuns and monks are forced to swear allegiance to the Chinese government and denounce the Dalai Lama. That’s threatening.

SuckSuckStyle
03-08-2003, 04:43 AM
Originally posted by Lucy Sky Diamonds
You should re-read this paragraph. I'm too tired to edit it, but you definitly need to work on the grammar in this one...

yeah that one was like 'im tired i'm going to put ideas down and do it later'

don't worry, this is my first draft that was just thoughts poured out. mega editing is at hand :)

cap'n jazz
03-08-2003, 07:05 AM
kick that guy's ass! he's a maniac!

unperson81
03-08-2003, 11:40 AM
It's pretty good since you can only use a page. I'm like you - I did a research paper on it a few months ago and there is so much information on it that it is difficult to edit it down. I would love to see the finished product posted when you get there.