View Full Version : So i just killed a rat in my house

BumbleBeeMouth
10-13-2009, 11:19 AM
So bonnie is probably going to hate me but..

We've had a rat in our kitchen (what are we gonna do) for the last few months, and initially we found him rather cute, and we'd set up cameras to film him on his adventures, he used to drag dip pots from the lounge into the kitchen, leaving a trail of dip lying around... but eventually his gnawing in the night got too much for us.

First i tried to get a cage, a humane way, but it didnt manage to catch the thing, we left it out with all kinds of bait but it didnt take any, pest control only put down poison here- i didnt want that

We decided to kill the rat.

Yesterday i acquired two big cheese rat traps

and before going to bed we armed them near to the entrance of his den.

At about a quarter past midnight i heard a loud SNAP! followed by some laboured squeaking from downstairs, i waited for the sounds to die down momentarily yet to my horror they persisted On going downstairs i was greeted with the sight of the snap trap having crushed half the rats skull, yet not enough to see the job through.

It remained that we must in some way hasten the rats departure from this world, it was with a heavy heart that i placed the chair leg over its skull, (all the while the rat was screeching) singing "eye of the tiger" once through to myself for strength and then finally applying pressure to the chair, his skull cracked, his legs stretched out to full extension, and he passed on.

RIP Ratsputin, i didnt want to kill you, but you were really fucking annoying.

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs245.snc1/9222_296482735112_531400112_9383444_7147378_n.jpg

28if
10-13-2009, 11:29 AM
:(

hnibos
10-13-2009, 11:34 AM
in my lab yesterday professor said rats are usually killed after experiments and that it is a-ok in the psychology world :)

JokeyLoki
10-13-2009, 11:37 AM
It remained that we must in some way hasten the rats departure from this world, it was with a heavy heart that i placed the chair leg over its skull, (all the while the rat was screeching) singing "eye of the tiger" once through to myself for strength and then finally applying pressure to the chair, his skull cracked, his legs stretched out to full extension, and he passed on.

<lol>

Dogfighter28
10-13-2009, 11:52 AM
Man that was pretty metal, but you would have earned bonus points for consuming the rat.

Eulogy
10-13-2009, 12:05 PM
the poor little guy :(

ohnoitsbonnie
10-13-2009, 04:17 PM
Yeah I do this with stray dogs and cats that like to open up my garbage. It's cool

redbull
10-13-2009, 04:32 PM
you should have made a necklace out of the skull parts

The Jesus
10-13-2009, 04:54 PM
That rat had no business being in your house.

killtrocity
10-13-2009, 04:58 PM
It had to be done, and you were somewhat reverent about it

pale blue eyes
10-13-2009, 05:01 PM
:/

wHATcOLOR
10-13-2009, 05:04 PM
i think i smell a raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH i think i smell a RAT!! !! ! !! ! !! ! !!

Shallowed
10-13-2009, 05:13 PM
You have to post the films of his adventures now.

killtrocity
10-13-2009, 05:23 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MvVqcuNQHpI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MvVqcuNQHpI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Trotskilicious
10-13-2009, 06:18 PM
^ haha

i love when he drops the gun, picks it up and looks at it like he doesn't know what it is

The Jesus
10-13-2009, 07:08 PM
You should mail the rat to ohnoitsbonnie to see if she can nurse it back to full health.

BumbleBeeMouth
10-13-2009, 07:12 PM
thanks for the support guys, my friends though i was a bit of a monster, but i had to psyche myself up first.

To be fair the rat was shown to be a true stalwart in its demise, it totally firmed a rat trap that when i demo'ed it to a housemate earlier he looked shocked and shook his head saying "fucking dead mate"

not only did it firm that, but it initially felt like it was firming the chair at the time, i was worried it was some kind of super-rat at first. In its death it got the last laugh, where i'd jammed its skull into the wood, it scraped away the varnish and the blood soaked into the wood.

I'm sure you guys have done much worse in your time.

BumbleBeeMouth
10-13-2009, 07:23 PM
fucking hell!

did you inflate it?

wHATcOLOR
10-13-2009, 07:25 PM
when i was about 15 i was playing hockey on a frozen pond once and jokingly said "hey guys, think i can hit that cat?" as i saw a cat walking very far away on the other side of the pond. i took a slapshot and it sailed across the pond and i accidentally did hit it. it spun around and scampered into the woods. feel badly about that in retrospect.

you did your best to humanely remove the rat, and that didn't work, so you escalated. unpleasant, but i'd do the same thing i imagine.

BumbleBeeMouth
10-13-2009, 07:35 PM
how far away was the cat? I know obviously you felt bad, but was it tinged with pride at being so accurate?

wHATcOLOR
10-13-2009, 07:38 PM
i don't remember the distance, but really quite far. far enough that i didn't imagine i would hit it. not quite as far as the entire length of an ice hockey rink, but probably 5/6ths at least, by my hazy recollection. the bad feeling didn't really come until much later, at the time i was triumphant!!

BumbleBeeMouth
10-13-2009, 07:42 PM
haha :the helicopter:

hope the little dude was ok, i dont really like cats.

did your bros 0/"\0 ?

wHATcOLOR
10-13-2009, 07:46 PM
at the time i'm sure i said i HATE cats. hate isn't accurate for me, but i don't like them either. and yeah, we all went wild at the time, except for the guy who lived near there, he was worried i had killed his neighbor's cat. i'm pretty sure it did not die though. i remember someone telling the story in school the next week and a girl thought i was a monster.

BumbleBeeMouth
10-13-2009, 07:47 PM
Theyre lying to you when they say that, sure, they may say youre a monster, but really they want to have sex with that monster.