View Full Version : Need some assist with Windows Vista

seign
06-19-2009, 12:08 PM
My aunt caught a nasty virus. I'm trying to run one of her numerous virus scanners (McCaffey and SpyBot). I got both to run and they both found numerous Trojans and Viruses. The thing is, it tells me that I need to be an administrator to remove them from her computer and I am logged in as an admin. I even tried logging in from a different administrator account and creating a new administrator account... no luck. Anyone have any ideas how I can fix this?

Future Boy
06-19-2009, 12:14 PM
wipe the hd and install xp.

Future Boy
06-19-2009, 12:24 PM
I didnt use it for long cause it ended being a pain, but I think Vista had the whole stupid Accounts with Admin rights and an Admin Account. You need the second, not the first.

How to Access the Windows Vista Administrator (http://www.symatech.net/enable-windows-vista-administrator-account)

seign
06-19-2009, 12:27 PM
wipe the hd and install xp.

I wish. This trojan she has is really wreaking havoc on her system. You try to download any kind of decent virus removal software and it sends you to a different page to download "their" anti-malware software. It's also set to change your settings every so often. Like remote assistance... I turn it off and, 2 hours later, it's turned back on. And like I said, anything that I try to do that requires an admin account, I get an error message stating that I need to be logged on as an admin to make the changes, even though I am an admin. Very fucking frustrating. I'm using XP myself. I haven't had a reason to "upgrade" yet.

seign
06-19-2009, 12:30 PM
I didnt use it for long cause it ended being a pain, but I think Vista had the whole stupid Accounts with Admin rights and an Admin Account. You need the second, not the first.

How to Access the Windows Vista Administrator (http://www.symatech.net/enable-windows-vista-administrator-account)

Thank you! Hopefully this will work when I go back to her house tonight.

ATS
06-19-2009, 02:18 PM
disable UAC

cork_soaker
06-19-2009, 02:43 PM
i think you have to set it on fire

ifuktyourmom
06-19-2009, 03:23 PM
i think you have to set it on fire

This.