View Full Version : ITT: appreciate Graham Norton

agenda suicide
06-13-2009, 04:15 PM
YouTube - graham norton (http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=graham+norton&aq=0&oq=graham)

this thread will fail, but I'm okay with that.

The Jesus
06-13-2009, 04:36 PM
He's a very annoying Irish homosexual.

murgle
06-13-2009, 04:45 PM
I love Graham Norton! I watch him on BBC America all the time

ChristHimself!
06-13-2009, 04:49 PM
this guy is the presenter on absolutely dross uk shows. his campness was mildly amusing in father ted

agenda suicide
06-13-2009, 04:53 PM
he generally has pretty entertaining people on his show

murgle
06-13-2009, 05:10 PM
he generally has pretty entertaining people on his show

people that I wouldn't even normally give a shit about? I'll watch them if they're on Graham Norton because he's bound to do weird funny shit.

When David Tennant was on, they had a TARDIS look-alike out on the street and Graham kept talking to people from it. Then they had David Tennant answer a gay personal ad, but the guy got really pissed and didn't believe that it really was Doctor Who.

And Joan Rivers is absolutely hilarious. She's been on Norton's show (the latest incarnation of his show, anyway... and the latest incarnation of that scary lady's face for that matter) at least 2-3 times and I laugh out loud every time because of both of them going back and forth

ravenguy2000
06-13-2009, 05:39 PM
I like it when he talks to people in the bathroom.

Mo
06-13-2009, 06:27 PM
<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/bbNzPnvkn-A&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/bbNzPnvkn-A&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

That town, Fucking, is not far from my hometown. We got drunk at some "Fucking Festival" there once. Apparently their town signs get stolen on a regular basis.
Meh.

Luke de Spa
06-13-2009, 09:16 PM
did you have to finish that post with "meh"

that's as bad as barden ending all his posts with "haha"

barden
06-13-2009, 09:41 PM
i am generally amused with life and my own cheery disposition if you met me in person i would skip, whistle and giggle thats just how it is i ask how how does one convey this on the internet just give me 1 answer pls!!!

exactlythesame
06-13-2009, 11:19 PM
YouTube - graham norton (http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=graham+norton&aq=0&oq=graham)

this thread will fail, but I'm okay with that.

i watched five videos out of those results, and while entertaining, didn't find myself laughing once :unhappy:

i'd like to see the entire episode with ricky gervais, though

agenda suicide
06-13-2009, 11:24 PM
hey guys today was apparently world naked bike ride. we can discuss this too.
World Naked Bike Ride - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Naked_Bike_Ride)

I heard about naked people in chicago and portland before I realized this was an actual event.

Ugly
06-13-2009, 11:30 PM
I thought this was about Ed Norton's perfect merger of actor and character in Red Dragon as Will Graham to become Graham Norton.

Red Dragon is on now, too. I like it better than Manhunter. Has the real Hanibal Lecter in it.

scouse_dave
06-14-2009, 04:01 AM
Graham Norton was funny 10 years ago. These days he presents stupid singing competitions where he's not allowed to be himself, swear or tell jokes.

His TV career is pretty irrelevant now.

agenda suicide
06-14-2009, 04:36 AM
I do have to agree he was better in 2003 less censored on BBC than he is on BBC America (I was shocked to see how much they edit out). regardless, I still enjoy watching his show.

basically the argument is "so graham norton" vs "the graham norton show".

Kahlo
06-14-2009, 09:56 AM
He was funny about 10 years ago, but if any of my friends found him funny now I would punch them in the face.

agenda suicide
06-14-2009, 02:13 PM
maybe I'm just blinded by nostalgia

murgle
06-14-2009, 10:46 PM
Graham Norton was funny 10 years ago. These days he presents stupid singing competitions where he's not allowed to be himself, swear or tell jokes.

His TV career is pretty irrelevant now.

They're airing "Any Dream Will Do" and "How Do You Solve a Problem Like Maria?" on BBC America here. JESUS CHRIST ENOUGH STOP IT HATE HATE HATE HATE.

I really hate a huge percentage of the shows they air on BBC America. Fucking Hotel Inspector? I don't want to watch that shit. I'd rather watch Graham Norton reruns all day than fucking 9 hour blocks of various Gordon Ramsay shows and the singing musical competitions with Graham Norton stuck in there trying to not kill himself with Andrew Lloyd Webber with his scary inside-out face

Fonzie
06-15-2009, 02:05 AM
this guy is the presenter on absolutely dross uk shows. his campness was mildly amusing in father ted

yup. Father Noel was always great.

Dude went bad around the late 90's

Mo
06-15-2009, 02:23 AM
Which one was Father Noel again? Surely not one of the regulars?

Martyr
06-15-2009, 03:37 AM
Which one was Father Noel again? Surely not one of the regulars?

Caravan. Riverdance.

ATS
06-15-2009, 02:05 PM
the audience, host and guest all scream laughter at every little thing before it's even done being said. i had to turn it off