View Full Version : my sister is getting married

spidersoma
06-10-2009, 02:44 AM
it somehow feels like that movie "rachel getting married," but add in an accidental stabbing through the entire foot of the bride via exacto knife. only my sister would pull that shit the week of her week.

anyone here have siblings get married? is it weird?

Shallowed
06-10-2009, 03:00 AM
My sister and her boyfriend are twenty-something. It's weird to think about if they will ever get married. I suppose it will happen sooner or later.

What's that you say about a knife through your sister's foot?

spidersoma
06-10-2009, 03:02 AM
she was cutting cardboard with an exacto knife, missed the board, stabbed straight down into her foot. it sliced through the top and came out the other side. she refuses to get stitches, though. doesn't need another tetanus shot, according to doc. hobbling bride for now. we'll see how things go on saturday.

Mo
06-10-2009, 03:04 AM
My brother is 18, and I don't have any other siblings.

My uncle's getting married in September 2010, though.

Shallowed
06-10-2009, 03:07 AM
she was cutting cardboard with an exacto knife, missed the board, stabbed straight down into her foot. it sliced through the top and came out the other side. she refuses to get stitches, though. doesn't need another tetanus shot, according to doc. hobbling bride for now. we'll see how things go on saturday.

:O

Speaking of marriage, weddings in general are pretty cool.

spidersoma
06-10-2009, 03:07 AM
antipop, funny you say that. my aunt and uncle were together my entire childhood, up until i was 18 or 19. they finally admitted my aunt was having an emotional affair and divorced. she married the guy she was having the emotional affair with [he was a close friend of our extended family] and my uncle remarried this terribly boring woman.

family getting married kind of fucks with my life, you know? but i am happy if people are happy. it's just a weird adjustment.

Martyr
06-10-2009, 03:12 AM
she was cutting cardboard with an exacto knife, missed the board, stabbed straight down into her foot. it sliced through the top and came out the other side.

Not quite exacto eh? BOOM BOOM.

Mo
06-10-2009, 03:26 AM
antipop, funny you say that. my aunt and uncle were together my entire childhood, up until i was 18 or 19. they finally admitted my aunt was having an emotional affair and divorced. she married the guy she was having the emotional affair with [he was a close friend of our extended family] and my uncle remarried this terribly boring woman.

family getting married kind of fucks with my life, you know? but i am happy if people are happy. it's just a weird adjustment.

My uncle just turned 30, lived with his girlfriend for several years now, and I'm pretty sure they know what they're doing.

I have only been to a few weddings in my life, since most of my family is either already married or doesn't feel the need to. Meh.

Charmbag
06-10-2009, 03:32 AM
julio's back so everybody get your shit together. this board is a mess

28if
06-10-2009, 10:04 AM
antipop, funny you say that. my aunt and uncle were together my entire childhood, up until i was 18 or 19. they finally admitted my aunt was having an emotional affair and divorced. she the guy she was having the emotional affair with [he was a close friend of our extended family] and my uncle remarried this terribly boring woman.

Please explain "emotional affair."

hnibos
06-10-2009, 10:11 AM
my brother lives (used to? who knows they are always fighting) with his girlfriend, and she has a kid from another relationship. shes 24? and my brother 26. the kid is over on some weekends and its weird seeing my brother (I WILL NEVER HAVE KIDS) interact with him. its weird sort of feeling like an uncle even though that kid isnt related.

hnibos
06-10-2009, 10:12 AM

she fell in love with someone else, who reciprocated.

Gossamer
06-10-2009, 10:29 AM

They didn't fuck.

Kinda like somebody else's relationship here...