View Full Version : Last Call With Carson Daly

better than new
06-10-2009, 01:48 AM
Has anyone seen it in the new format? I never thought I'd say it but I've actually been enjoying some of the interviews. It's a lot more interesting than watching him struggle through interviews with b-list celebrities and poorly written sketches.

threetwooneZERO
06-10-2009, 01:54 AM
Yeah, i've been checking it out here and there. I'm not sure about this Green Day week, but I do like the change.

The format reminds me a lot of "The Hour" with George Stroumboulopoulos.

better than new
06-10-2009, 02:00 AM
Yeah, i've been checking it out here and there. I'm not sure about this week, but I do like the change.

The format reminds me a lot of "The Hour" with George Stroumboulopoulos.

Yeah, I'm definitely not interested in watching Green Day for a week ( I wasn't even aware this was the case). I can't even remember who she was, but I really enjoyed an interview he did with an artist a week or two back. I only recall that she had a really awesome voice. He seems a lot more comfortable in this format. The quality of his interviews are drastically improved without his attempts at comedy. It probably has a fair amount to do with the change from a "live" shooting, to an edited documentary style, but at least I don't immediately change the channel now (I get to do it an hour earlier with Jimmy though).

threetwooneZERO
06-10-2009, 02:05 AM
I know Jimmy is still ruff, but IMO the quality of the writing has improved.

better than new
06-10-2009, 02:10 AM
I know is still ruff, but IMO the quality of the writing has improved.

I really just can't deal with his terrible interviews. It's gone from discomfort and feeling bad, to plain annoyance. He just awkwardly laughs through most of them. I understand it's still early in the game, but to me, it just feels like he's got the wrong personality for it.