View Full Version : Portable Wi-Fi for Laptops

D.
06-07-2009, 02:11 AM
Any suggestions? I'd rather not go with Sprint, but my friend was telling me that AT&T having a pretty good deal.

I want to get rid of my cable and would LOVE wi-fi on my laptop.

Anyone have any experience with anything like this? Any reccs?

Skradgee
06-07-2009, 02:26 AM
who's your cell phone company? maybe you can get a good deal with them added on to your plan.

shannon
06-07-2009, 05:42 AM
i had it with Verizon and it sucked. very slow and very pricey for what it is.

also, regardless of it you get it through your cell phone company, the plan won't be any cheaper because it's not like adding a line or anything

shannon
06-07-2009, 05:44 AM
i kind of live in the boonies, so i called Verizon a few times to tell them how slow it was. i pretty much figured that would probably end up being the reason why, but i always had most, if not all, of the bars, so i think it really was just that damn slow

Fattening Ass
06-07-2009, 05:54 AM
isn't it just 3g connectivity but on a laptop? if so then thats gotta blow. Plus i believe there are caps.

shannon
06-07-2009, 08:09 AM
yeah, i believe there is a 5G limit per month

Pizza Club
06-07-2009, 10:30 AM
Where do you live? Engadget ran some tests on 3G data cards and AT&T was pretty clearly at the top, but Sprint wasn't far behind. These may not be for you if it's going to be your main internet connection and you download things at all; they are all capped to how much you can download.

D.
06-07-2009, 03:10 PM
isn't it just 3g connectivity but on a laptop? if so then thats gotta blow. Plus i believe there are caps.

yeah, i believe there is a 5G limit per month

These may not be for you if it's going to be your main internet connection and you download things at all; they are all capped to how much you can download.
oh ok then ... screw that.