View Full Version : Prison Break (possible spoiler)

Sarcastic Smile
06-06-2009, 06:02 AM
What a fucking series finale... fuck that I can't believe Michael died :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad:

I know most of you that watched it have given up on it..

blah that was shitty.. my stomach hurts now

Sarcastic Smile
06-06-2009, 07:26 AM
why would you add spoiler in there? i thought we were all in agreement about that..

Mo
06-06-2009, 07:27 AM
possible spoiler

Travis Meeks
06-06-2009, 07:36 AM
is it going to ruin your day if I keep the possible spoiler tag?

shannon
06-06-2009, 07:39 AM
i've never seen a single episode of that show

Mo
06-06-2009, 07:51 AM
I only watched seasons one and two. Meh.

shannon
06-06-2009, 08:01 AM
that guy that's in it kind of looks like a woman

ChristHimself!
06-06-2009, 08:51 AM
i caught up with this while desperately needing anything to fill the gap after finishing the wire

then i stopped again but just watched the last 7-8 eps this week, and finished the final break earlier on. have you watched that or just up to when they go to his grave in ep 22?

s1 and sona in s3 are probably the best bits, a lot of 2 and 4 just get silly but it felt like they really made an effort with the last 5 or so eps, they were daft at times but there were also a few classic pb moments

Joe
06-06-2009, 12:21 PM
that show lost it's edge when they made it out of the prison, after that it was just stupid

D.
06-06-2009, 12:52 PM
naw, season 1-3 were good.

4th season completely blew ass and i like to pretend it never happened.

Sarcastic Smile
06-06-2009, 03:07 PM
i caught up with this while desperately needing anything to fill the gap after finishing the wire

then i stopped again but just watched the last 7-8 eps this week, and finished the final break earlier on. have you watched that or just up to when they go to his grave in ep 22?

no i watched the final one too... when they got sarah out.. I am happy it ended because it was getting drawn out but I didn't expect that.. i just finished the last 10 episodes this week.. the very last episode was sad

D.
06-06-2009, 08:24 PM
oh, and the straight-to-dvd movie is pretty awesome.

so, pretty much the perfect series save for season 4

Raskolnikov
06-06-2009, 09:18 PM
I watched the whole deal religiously - granted, by religiously, I mean downloading them and watching them a few weeks typically after they aired so I could watch 'em in clumps, but, yeah.

That said - the finale blew me away. Really, really didn't expect them to kill off Michael, after all he'd been through. I want to see the Final Break - guess it's coming out on blu-ray soon, so I'll see it that way via Netflix soon. Reason being, the finale seemed kind of strange how things were done, wrapped up, perfect... then... NOSEBLEED AND HE'S DEAD. Out of nowhere, the nosebleed comes back and he's dead and it's over. It made me feel weird.

Big question: did the company's surgery just do NOTHING for him, then? What was the point of all that trauma?

And I defiantely have to agree that the 1st season was the best - but I dug the 2nd a lot at spots, too. Sona on the whole was good, but was annoyingly short due to the writer's strike business - and 4 drug on, but as previously said, really kicked it up in the last few episodes there.

All in all, a damn fine show. Glad they ended it when they did.

Sarcastic Smile
06-07-2009, 01:22 AM
Big question: did the company's surgery just do NOTHING for him, then? What was the point of all that trauma?

no i think it just came back..

D.
06-07-2009, 01:23 AM
i remember reading somewhere that the operation was faked or something about how they didn't "save" him like they said they would, they just postponed his eventual death or something.

Sarcastic Smile
06-07-2009, 01:24 AM
well that makes no sense because his nosebleeds and the symptoms he had subsided

Nimrod's Son
06-07-2009, 02:07 AM
The only people I know who watch this show are women or guys who enjoy cock. Seriously.

D.
06-07-2009, 02:09 AM
well that makes no sense because his nosebleeds and the symptoms he had subsided
that's what i'm saying; they fixed it temporarily, so they could get what they wanted and he still dies.

mushboom
06-08-2009, 10:35 AM
I would totally let T-Bag break my prison. If you nowattimsayin'.

Raskolnikov
06-09-2009, 02:01 AM
Hmm. Interesting theory - I could see the company doing that, I suppose.

I thought it was odd how in order to tie it up, they brought back Sucre, the black dude from the first season (can't remember his name) and the Kellerman guy. I think that's another reason why I was a little befuddled during those last few episodes. Why drudge up all of these old characters? I of course would have been fine had Sucre showed up again - he was a big part of the whole deal - but the black dude? I can't even remember his name - I was way over his character, and as obviously the writers were - same goes for Kellerman. They were both bigger characters at one point, but to throw them back in there for the end for no apparent reason was kinda bogus, kinda led to general confusion.

Did you guys like the way they dealt with the whole T-Bag thing? I thought that was alright, but kind of tragic at some level. I started to hate him less and less somehow - and when he ran into that traveling "missionary"/company guy in season 3, for a minute there, I felt bad for him. And even though he tried to rape sarah there towards the end, I somehow felt like he deserved something more than getting thrown back into (apparently what was) Fox River.

Again, I was really hoping that the whole "Final Break" thing will wrap up some of those loose ends for me - but based upon what I've heard (they break Sarah out of prison?!) it sounds kind of cheeseball and stupid. ANOTHER prison break - but jammed into 2 episodes? It felt rushed getting out of Sona in spots, and that was 13 episodes of goings on.

Kinda nice to have somebody to talk about this with. All of my friends and my girlfriend just make fun of me for watching the show, so when it was all said and done, I was googling around for Prison Break Message Boards to discuss it, and it was rough - lots of "OMG THEY KILLD MICHAEL?!" kind of comments.

D.
06-09-2009, 02:14 AM
I thought it was odd how in order to tie it up, they brought back Sucre, the black dude from the first season (can't remember his name) and the Kellerman guy. I think that's another reason why I was a little befuddled during those last few episodes. Why drudge up all of these old characters? I of course would have been fine had Sucre showed up again - he was a big part of the whole deal - but the black dude? I can't even remember his name - I was way over his character, and as obviously the writers were - same goes for Kellerman. They were both bigger characters at one point, but to throw them back in there for the end for no apparent reason was kinda bogus, kinda led to general confusion.
yeah i agree with you.

Did you guys like the way they dealt with the whole T-Bag thing? I thought that was alright, but kind of tragic at some level. I started to hate him less and less somehow - and when he ran into that traveling "missionary"/company guy in season 3, for a minute there, I felt bad for him. And even though he tried to rape sarah there towards the end, I somehow felt like he deserved something more than getting thrown back into (apparently what was) Fox River.
yeah, t-bag did seem to get more sympathetic as the seasons went on. i kinda wanted him to end up being free but like, with no money or in some hilarious situation or something.

Again, I was really hoping that the whole "Final Break" thing will wrap up some of those loose ends for me - but based upon what I've heard (they break Sarah out of prison?!) it sounds kind of cheeseball and stupid. ANOTHER prison break - but jammed into 2 episodes? It felt rushed getting out of Sona in spots, and that was 13 episodes of goings on.
I actually didn't really mind the Final Break. the breakout, yeah, was rushed, but for what it was, i liked it.

i didn't like most of the 4th season because there was all this backstabbing and this person shooting someone and that person really being someone else and working for someone who was shooting someone else.

ChristHimself!
06-09-2009, 02:16 AM
the black dude? I can't even remember his name - I was way over his character, and as obviously the writers were - same goes for Kellerman.

c-note, and yeah he was kinda surplus... thought it was cool to see kellerman back though, and sucre had only been out of it for a handful of eps before he popped up again

Again, I was really hoping that the whole "Final Break" thing will wrap up some of those loose ends for me - but based upon what I've heard (they break Sarah out of prison?!) it sounds kind of cheeseball and stupid.

the final break was decent, definitely worth watching if you've watched everything else up till that point

ChristHimself!
06-09-2009, 02:18 AM
personally out of the whole thing i thought the worst character was don self. just wanted to fucking slap him. michael rapaport is a shitty actor which didn't help at all.

D.
06-09-2009, 02:28 AM
personally out of the whole thing i thought the worst character was don self. just wanted to fucking slap him. michael rapaport is a shitty actor which didn't help at all.
oh man tell me about it. horrible!

btw, check out my topic on the music board and help me identify the music. i think you guessed that smog song i didn't know.

Raskolnikov
06-09-2009, 12:39 PM
Yah, Don Self was pretty lame. I just wanted him out of there - funny how they just brushed Gretchen outta the way and kept Don lingering and lingering and lingering on. What they ended up doing with his character was moderately cool, however - the jumping out of the window followed by the drooling mess in the corner was kinda great during that final montage.

I was just kinda waiting for them to brush away Don like I was with Bellick towards the end of his character. By the end of his life, he felt like he was just kinda clinging on to the rest of the folks.

C-Note meant a lot to me during season 1/2 - but by the time he pops back up in season 4, I spent most of the scenes he was in by being distracted trying to think about what his story was... some sort of Iraq war vet or something... ehhh... I dunno, it just seemed random to pull him back in.

I was all for the re-inclusion of Sucre. If he just walked off the show and didn't come back it would have felt weird.

And it is funny how much more sympathetic T-Bag became - in season one, he was the worst of the worst - and when Michael axed off his hand in season two, it was one of those classic Prison Break "HOLY SHIT!" moments - that scene out in the woods was just beyond badass.

All in all, it was a really solid show - and don't get me wrong - the Final Break is on my Netflix queue, and when it comes out on Blu-Ray, it'll be moved to the top so I can wring out every last drop.

It'd be interesting to read an article or something by the writers about why they chose to kill Michael - I'd just like to hear what their thought processes were on that whole deal. If they had killed Lincoln, there would have been a tragic sense of "whoa, Michael went through all of that for nothing!" while when Michael died there was this odd partial sense of "whoa, I watched that whole show for nothing!" somehow.