View Full Version : ATTN: Barden

RopeyLopey
06-01-2009, 07:03 PM
hey barden, I just sent you an email with my travel arrangements. I hope July 11-18 is still OK with you?

shannon
06-01-2009, 07:15 PM
for work, i could have gone to south africa on a tour for the bubble, but my boss couldn't approve the time off :/

next year though, i'm definitely taking advantage of some free fucking travel

i'm so jealous of you, jan

RopeyLopey
06-01-2009, 07:18 PM
take it as that for me it is probably the last chance to go somewhere far away like that, as next time I'd have to pay it on my own. You can always go ;)

shannon
06-01-2009, 07:21 PM
i hear ya

this year they are offering Italy, Peru, London & Paris, and Croatia... but i don't think i will be able to make any of them

last year it was Egypt! i almost shit myself! only people who have been there since the dawn of man got that deal

i'm hoping Costa Rica comes up next year! Have you ever been there?

shannon
06-01-2009, 07:21 PM
oh, and next year they are offering Australia & NZ for two weeks, but i don't think i could deal with the flight :/

RopeyLopey
06-01-2009, 07:24 PM
i hear ya

this year they are offering Italy, Peru, London & Paris, and Croatia... but i don't think i will be able to make any of them

last year it was Egypt! i almost shit myself! only people who have been there since the dawn of man got that deal

i'm hoping Costa Rica comes up next year! Have you ever been there?

Peru could be nice!
No, no Costa Rica for me.
But in August I am going to Brazil! To the Amazon Basin! The very last assigned trip from Toronto.

shannon
06-01-2009, 07:25 PM
holy shit, that is awesome!

why is that your last trip? :(

i'm assuming because the others broke the bank?

RopeyLopey
06-01-2009, 07:28 PM
holy shit, that is awesome!

why is that your last trip? :(
because I am done with school here in Toronto and I am moving back to Europe. My new employer will have no budget/interest in these exotic locations, but that's fine with me. I don't mind staying in the Scandinavian corner - quite to the opposite! :)

cork_soaker
06-01-2009, 07:29 PM
take it as that for me it is probably the last chance to go somewhere far away like that, as next time I'd have to pay it on my own. You can always go ;)

woah, excited for your trips! I look forward to hearing about them. africa is a pretty big place, but know that you always have an open invitation here and i would be more than happy to have you visit.

sorry to hear about the letter. it's not uncommon for them to get completely lost, as i've had several disappear from here on their way to the u.s. Maybe one day it will show up....

safe travels :D

shannon
06-01-2009, 07:31 PM
because I am done with school here in Toronto and I am moving back to Europe. My new employer will have no budget/interest in these exotic locations, but that's fine with me. I don't mind staying in the Scandinavian corner - quite to the opposite! :)

well, at least you took advantage of it while you could!

sounds like your new situation is going to be quite exciting as well. congrats!

RopeyLopey
06-01-2009, 07:31 PM
woah, excited for your trips! I look forward to hearing about them. africa is a pretty big place, but know that you always have an open invitation here and i would be more than happy to have you visit.

don't say twice! You stay there for another year or so, no?

cork_soaker
06-01-2009, 07:34 PM
18 months!

RopeyLopey
06-01-2009, 07:34 PM
well, at least you took advantage of it while you could!

sounds like your new situation is going to be quite exciting as well. congrats!oh yeah. I definitely cannot complain. I mean especially with regards how everything is going down, I really feel lucky finding a job with OK money that I would enjoy for the next two years. Life is good!

RopeyLopey
06-01-2009, 07:35 PM
18 months!excellent. I should have three weeks of vacation the next year. Let's see.

barden
06-01-2009, 07:54 PM
I'm amped man!
I have been messed around by some festival organisers here which has put a small spanner in the tour plans but it shouldn't clash with dates!
do you have to be in CT that whole time?

RopeyLopey
06-18-2009, 03:17 PM
Barden, did you get my email(s)? I don't want to get stuck on the streets of Cape Town for a night. Thanks