View Full Version : Comcast pixelation/sound issues...

killtrocity
05-18-2009, 08:27 PM
Comcast Pixelation issues (again). (http://getsatisfaction.com/comcast/topics/comcast_pixelation_issues_again)

The answer they give is bullshit because this also happens to TVs that are not hooked up to a box.

Mine is the most recent post under "Bill"

For those unfamiliar with this issue, every 30 seconds to 1 minute, the sound on whatever you're watching will cut out for 3-5 seconds (at least). This is sometimes coupled with pixelation and freezing of the image on screen. At worst, the picture freezes for 10-15 seconds.

I am wondering if anyone else with Comcast has experienced this problem

or if anyone with knowledge on the subject can give me a straight answer.

It seems they try to cram too many channels into their low amount of bandwidth

Pizza Club
05-18-2009, 09:25 PM
I used to have that problem, but it wasn't so frequent. We got rid of Comcast and I don't think I will ever go back.

Starla
05-18-2009, 09:32 PM
I had that problem with it too. The on demand was the worst. Directv has been pretty reliable so far.

redbull
05-18-2009, 09:36 PM
comcast sux

noyen
05-18-2009, 09:50 PM
i didnt read the link, but is it cable? is the cable fed from a satellite feed? it sounds exactly like a common satellite reception issue. so it's probably a source issue, with wherever the feed is coming from. storm nearby? every channel does it? i dunno. but i really doubt it's bandwidth problems, it probably is a satellite or relay feed issue if they're using repeaters or whatever. do your cable lines in your house have amps on them? neighbors have issues too? i really doubt their answer of rebooting the box. that's BS. make them come out and replace the box and prove that it was the box. it just doesnt sound like a box issue at all.

Toby
05-18-2009, 09:52 PM
just get a new box...I had that problem with my dvr box. A program would tape, but all I would get was a frozen image and audio.

Joe
05-18-2009, 10:20 PM
thats happening with my tv and i just watch broadcast, the new digital signal is so fucking weak everything the wind gusts or it rains all you get is fucking static, i sugest reading a book

redbull
05-18-2009, 10:33 PM
on demand is ok though, i'm watching et shorty now

ComcastGeorge
05-19-2009, 11:32 AM
Hello killtrocity,

I am sorry to hear about your cable services. I would be happy to assist further. Are you able to email me your service address and best contact number?

Thank you,

George Lunski
Comcast Corporate Office
Comcast Customer Connect

George_Lunski@Cable.Comcast.Com

Mo
05-19-2009, 11:51 AM
Hello killtrocity,

I am sorry to hear about your cable services. I would be happy to assist further. Are you able to email me your service address and best contact number?

Thank you,

George Lunski
Comcast Corporate Office
Comcast Customer Connect

George_Lunski@Cable.Comcast.Com

Now that's what I call customer care.

Elvis The Fat Years
05-19-2009, 02:36 PM
they're supposed to upgrade internet speeds from 6\1 to 12\2 for free. i'm still waiting.

Thaniel Buckner
05-19-2009, 02:51 PM
i didnt read the link, but is it cable? is the cable fed from a satellite feed? it sounds exactly like a common satellite reception issue. so it's probably a source issue, with wherever the feed is coming from. storm nearby? every channel does it? i dunno. but i really doubt it's bandwidth problems, it probably is a satellite or relay feed issue if they're using repeaters or whatever. do your cable lines in your house have amps on them? neighbors have issues too? i really doubt their answer of rebooting the box. that's BS. make them come out and replace the box and prove that it was the box. it just doesnt sound like a box issue at all.
this. if you're getting pixelation off an analog signal (no box), it's a larger issue than just at your house. it sounds like a problem at the node or maybe further down the line.

you should call them but be nice.

killtrocity
05-19-2009, 09:46 PM
Comcast George, you can reach me at the following email address:morpheus1138@comcast.net (lemonparty.org).

donnywallace
08-06-2009, 10:47 AM
After weeks of dealing with the pixilation and sound issues because Comcast has low bandwith the about 5th technicial seemed to fix it. But now the internet and phone keep going off line when nothing is touched to cause this to happen from my end. Is there any other service that I can use other than Satellite. I am waiting for a class action suit against the company like with Time Warner to lower prices and get better services- this worked with Time Warner. Maybe the Supreme Court can provide me with 2 or so other companies so there is some competition other than a Satellite dish. Does AT&T offer a triplecast package across the country and is it good?

donnywallace
08-06-2009, 10:49 AM
Read the comments and I would say that they seem to have enough bandwidth for the 2 star movies on On Demand or Bikini Hotel.

JokeyLoki
08-06-2009, 10:54 AM
I have Time Warner, and this happens to me. However, Time Warner recently bought out Comcast in this area, and I think everything is still on Comcast equipment.

Do you also have a TiVo? I always thought it had something to do with that.

duovamp
08-06-2009, 10:56 AM
http://sage.math.washington.edu/home/wdj/art/hypotrochoid_R_equals_7,_r_equals_2,_d=3.gif