name a few, the greatest ones

And talk a bit about them..

who also puts the gig date gets a cockie

aldango
03-04-2003, 08:32 PM
trail of dead 9/27/02
yes 8/16/02
coldplay 1/28/03

may be outdone by upcoming sigur ros, pearl jam, and zwan shows...

jenniferkate
03-04-2003, 09:05 PM
http://projects.noyen.org/ticketproject/en.jpg

eyesbomb
03-04-2003, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by jenniferkate

how was that?

don't ask me why, but I always dreamt about seeing EN playing live and I missed them when they were here, Silence Is Sexy tour..

now it makes me cry to think about that

jenniferkate
03-04-2003, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by eyesbomb

how was that?

it was the most amazing show ive ever been to. ive never been part of an audience so quietly in awe, before or since.

eyesbomb
03-04-2003, 09:26 PM
fuck that, I'm jealous..
:(

at least you're beautiful and beauty deserves beauty, in this world

peabody
03-04-2003, 10:20 PM
10/5/01 - bjork

El Savior
03-04-2003, 10:22 PM
tool - greatwoods amphitheater, mansfield, ma (07 - 08 - 97) - part of the Lollapalooza tour. First time seeing tool. when Maynard came out on to the stage someone threw a nerf football that hit him right in the chest. i thought he was gonna leave the stage but he didn.

set hightlights: hooker with a penis, eulogy

tool - tweeter center, mansfield, ma (09 - 21 - 01) - my second tool show. flawless. amazing.

set highlights - prison sex, pushit, reflection

tool - fleet center, boston, ma (08 - 16 - 020 - fourth tool show. the most flawless set of the 5 times i've seen them. absolutely incredible visuals on that tour.

set highlights - aenema, the patient

tool - dunkin donuts center, providence, ri (08 - 17 - 02) - what made this set great was two things: first, they played 'H.' and two, Maynard's voice cracked a couple times and stormed off the stage during 'Parabola'.

set highlights - sober, h., parabola, lateralus

radiohead - suffolk downs, boston, ma (08 - 14 - 01) - outdoor venue, absolutely beautiful day. 25,000 + people. radiohead. yea.

set hightlights - lucky, pyramid song, idioteque, talk show host

mr. bungle - lupo's heartbreak hotel, providence, ri (02 - 16 - 00?) - wow. mike patton is living, breathing animation.

set hightlights - pink cigarette, what the world needs now

other great performences:

deftones - house of fur tour ('98)
smashing pumpkins - ('96, '98)
fear factory - ('99)

set hightlights - lucky, pyramid song, idioteque, talk show host

skram
03-04-2003, 10:27 PM

argh, nag me to scan the stubs i found.

saint etienne. detroit. 5/25/99. a tuesday. they brought dancing girls!

spiritualized. cleveland. 11/24/97. a monday. a two hour uber-song. jason pierce didnt move the entire time other than to play guitar and sing.

kmfdm last summer in philadelphia because i missed almost the entire set. :D

for some reason im better at thinking of shows i didnt like. belle & sebastian in toronto during the fall of 1998. it was canceled and my girlfriend abandoned me at a highway rest area. red house painters in philadelphia during the summer of 2001. mark kozelek was under the influence and the audience wouldnt stop heckling him. the harvest ministers in nyc during the spring of 2001. words cant describe.

strange_one
03-04-2003, 10:53 PM
<font color=33FFFF> You Am I - many times
Ryan Adams - early last year
Dirty Three - Early last year
Primal Scream - 2000
</font>

patrick
03-04-2003, 11:03 PM
it goes a little something like thisss:

radiohead

and then mum

and then supergrass

yeah yeah

raygun
03-04-2003, 11:06 PM
Pumpkins in 98.

I thought the Faint put on one helluva show at the Black Cat last April.

Suicide Machine
03-04-2003, 11:16 PM
Sparklehorse - 6/18/01 - Fez, NYC, NY - Debut of all the new songs in a tiny club. They played Sad & Beautiful World and Pig in the same set.

Quasi - 10/04/01 - Knitting Factory, NYC, NY - Quasi kicks fucking ass. 2 hour set. Shannon Wright opened. Great night.

Trembling Blue Stars - 11/08/01 - Khyber, Philadelphia, PA - Amazing show, played a great set lncluding 2 Field Mice songs with a full band - So Said Kay and If You Need Someone.

skram
03-04-2003, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by Suicide Machine

Trembling Blue Stars - 11/08/01 - Khyber, Philadelphia, PA

really? i saw them twice and was underwhelmed both times. the first time robert wratten sounded like a chipmunk and the second was so dull that i had no choice but to become rip-roaring drunk. i havent really gotten into anything since doo-wop music, though.

VegasPumpkin
03-04-2003, 11:53 PM
SP - 12.2.00 do I need to elaborate?
Zwan - 12.5.02
Foo Fighters - summer 2000, they played at the hard rock hotel pool, it was a private show with only 200 tickets released to the public. I was 3 feet in front of dave grohl the whole time.
Inside Scarlet - Eat'm Show 1999. A local band that put on one of the best shows that I've ever seen.
Local H - 10/??/98

House of Bread
03-04-2003, 11:58 PM
Pumpkins - 96
Radiohead - 00
Zwan - 01
Modest Mouse - 02

JellyBelly161
03-04-2003, 11:59 PM
Best show ever: Yo La Tengo - June 28, 2000 Crystal Ballroom Portland OR. Just a great setlist at the height of my YLT fandom.

Now in no particular order:

Fugazi - April 20, 2002. A ton of kids in a gym with Fugazi.

Shellac - October 11 2002. Some great banter from Bob and Steve, and a good performance.

Dismemberment Plan / Death Cab For Cutie - March 16 2002. Best show of last year.

Radiohead - August 16 2001. Just a great evening in a great setting.

Sleater Kinney - September 22 2000. White Stripes opened for them!

Beck - February 11 2000. Really good set, had crap seats though.

REM - September 11 1999. My first "favorite band". I finally got to see live this time.

Cherry Valence / The Catheters - August 15 2002.

Too many other good shows. I'll stop now.

Suicide Machine
03-05-2003, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by skram

really? i saw them twice and was underwhelmed both times. the first time robert wratten sounded like a chipmunk and the second was so dull that i had no choice but to become rip-roaring drunk. i havent really gotten into anything since doo-wop music, though.

When did you see them? Since losing the full band, they've gone downhill. That and beth having a relationship with him. :rolleyes: I've seen them 11 times, and the 3 times i saw them with a full band blew the other performances away. It's a shame she has so much influence over him. The setlists have been shit as well, less the 2 shows she was sick.

Here's the setlist for that night btw...i got 3 requests played...

Back to You
Under Lock and Key
Sometimes I Still Feel the Bruise
Letter Never Sent
Before We Know It
Haunted Days
Ammunition
The Ghost of an Unkissed Kiss
Half in Love with Leaving
-encore-
So Said Kay
If You Need Someone
I No Longer Know Anything

skram
03-05-2003, 01:13 AM

When did you see them? Since losing the full band, they've gone downhill.

both times i saw them they had a full band. i dont blame them for the first time (march records fest thing at brownies in spring of 2001) since they were playing with kleenex girl wonders ramshackled instruments. the second time was in cleveland on their first full US tour. the sound was ok that night but they just seemed a little lackluster and played mostly songs i wasnt totally crazy about. i do remember them playing haunted days, which i think is the best song hes written in the last two albums. i was scarred for life that night when we saw beth fondling robert wrattens ass. i think its time for a 'new' band if hes going to be getting himself fondled. i cant take the sad songs seriously knowing that, and i just dont think any other style has a place under the TBS banner.

have you ever heard the shoestrings?

Halber Mensch
03-05-2003, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by Graveflower

holy fucking hell that's a lot of Cure.

I see that the only ticket I could possibly contribute to that is already there. Although it's a different color.

http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/icons/icon6.gif i've got alot more to scan.

you should scan them anyway.

jenniferkate
03-05-2003, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by Graveflower

I see that the only ticket I could possibly contribute to that is already there. Although it's a different color.

the white stripes?

Suicide Machine
03-05-2003, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by skram

both times i saw them they had a full band. i dont blame them for the first time (march records fest thing at brownies in spring of 2001) since they were playing with kleenex girl wonders ramshackled instruments. the second time was in cleveland on their first full US tour. the sound was ok that night but they just seemed a little lackluster and played mostly songs i wasnt totally crazy about. i do remember them playing haunted days, which i think is the best song hes written in the last two albums. i was scarred for life that night when we saw beth fondling robert wrattens ass. i think its time for a 'new' band if hes going to be getting himself fondled. i cant take the sad songs seriously knowing that, and i just dont think any other style has a place under the TBS banner.

have you ever heard the shoestrings?

Haven't heard the Shoestrings...i'll look on soulseek for some of their stuff. I've been in a Slowdive/Malory mood lately.

I wasn't at the brownies show, since i was underage, but went 2 nights later to Fez where bob was sick. It has really gotten worse with Beth in control of everything. It's amazing how everything rotates around her and her wishes. Now he's playing California quite a bit as he's with her there. I can't believe she's married too...Too bad Anne Marie's not around anymore. At least you haven't heard the new songs, very melancholy. I don't know what he sees in her. Check out the message board at www.tbstars.co.uk and see how she treats people who are disappointed in the shows..its ridiculous. Do you have the setlist from the Ohio show or copies of either? What's your aim name, maybe we can talk more on the subject there.

bonsor
03-05-2003, 02:03 AM
Primus - 11/26/99

It was my first concert, and probably by far the best. Buckethead and Incubus both opened up. Three amazingly good acts in a row. I have yet to see a band live that outrocks Primus.

The Gaddrow
03-05-2003, 02:43 AM
01: 02.06.00 - The Smashing Pumpkins - The Edge; Palo Alto, CA
I honestly hope that I never experience a day as good as this was. I don't know if I could handle it. The best day of my life.

02: 04.14.02 - Zwan - Double Door; Chicago, IL
I probably shouldn't put so much weight on events surrounding the show, but I feel it was a part of the show. The memories, they all go together. From bonding with a best friend, to meeting someone whom I have idolized for a third of my life, and hanging with the greatest drummer in the world and my favorite guitarist of all time, this was a special day, and an amazing show.

03: 01.25.03 - Zwan - Metro; Chicago, IL
Again, part of what made this so special was the events surrounding the show. From spending hours inside Metro hanging up posters and watching soundcheck, there was something in the air. Watching Billy Corgan play the MSOTS a foot away from my face is something I will never, ever forget. Probably the best and tightest performance I have seen from Zwan thus far.

04: 05.23.00 - The Smashing Pumpkins - Universal Ampitheater; Los Angeles, CA
Words can't explain. Total emotional breakdown. In the words of Iggy Pop: "...I don't feel pleasure, and I don't feel pain, either physically or emotionally... You couldn't feel anything and you didn't want to either."

05: 03.01.02 - Modest Mouse - Bimbo's 365 Club; San Francisco, CA
I can't really explain it. My second time seing this band, and I managed to get into the sold-out show about five minutes before they took the stage. I spent most of the night drinking $2.00 pitchers of Gordon Biersch drowning my sorrows across the street, because I couldn't get in. Once I did, it was completely surreal. It was like I wasn't there. I felt like I was watching myself watching the performance. The only time I have been drunk at a concert.

06: 06.27.01 - Radiohead - Shoreline Amphitheatre; Mountain View, CA
The person with my ticket flaked on me, and I was left standing outside without a ticket. Someway, somehow, I bought a ticket from someone for face value. In the eigth row. One of the most inspiring things I have ever seen and experienced. I mean, it's fucking Radiohead and I am in the eigth row on an incredibly beautiful summer night. What more can I say?

07: 08.11.01 - Tool - Berkeley Community Theatre; Berkeley, CA
I never imagined a concert could be so visually stimulating. The work this band puts into their stage production is absolutely incredible. But then again, most of you knew that. It was a lot more special before I saw the same setlist the next two times I saw them, but this was still the best of the three by far.

08: 07.03.02 - Remy Zero - Discovery Park; San Jose, CA
After being nearly kicked out of the park for "inciting a riot" when I refused to sit down during the performance. The band stoped their set to see what was going on and telling security to let us stand, the promoter took my ex girlfriend and I on stage to watch the final three songs of their set, and gave us full access vip passes and kissed our asses. They closed their set with the most amazing performance of Chromosome I have ever heard.

09: 08.13.95 - Live / PJ Harvey / Veruca Salt - Shoreline Amphitheatre; Mountain View, CA
The second "rock" concert I have ever been to, and on this day, I realized I wanted to spend my life with my then girlfriend. All I can remember is the way I felt when I held her in my arms during the show. One of the greatest feelings I've felt in my life, and I haven't had that feeling with anyone else since.

10: 10.19.99 - Live - The Fillmore; San Francisco, CA
My first show at my favorite venue I've ever been to, this was one of the most perfect crowds I've been a part of. A perfect mix of love and energy, and the best I have ever seen Live perform. One of those shows where you remember every moment like you will never have it again.

The Gaddrow
03-05-2003, 03:01 AM
And yes, I know I put far too much work into that.

And yes, I know I'm "lame" for liking Live.

:p

jet set willy
03-05-2003, 04:37 AM
Originally posted by The Gaddrow
And yes, I know I put far too much work into that.

And yes, I know I'm "lame" for liking Live.

:p

we're posting on a smashing pumpkins messageboard -

i don't think it matters.

skram
03-05-2003, 04:52 AM

Haven't heard the Shoestrings...i'll look on soulseek for some of their stuff. I've been in a Slowdive/Malory mood lately.

I wasn't at the brownies show, since i was underage, but went 2 nights later to Fez where bob was sick. It has really gotten worse with Beth in control of everything. It's amazing how everything rotates around her and her wishes. Now he's playing California quite a bit as he's with her there. I can't believe she's married too...Too bad Anne Marie's not around anymore. At least you haven't heard the new songs, very melancholy. I don't know what he sees in her. Check out the message board at www.tbstars.co.uk and see how she treats people who are disappointed in the shows..its ridiculous. Do you have the setlist from the Ohio show or copies of either? What's your aim name, maybe we can talk more on the subject there.

the shoestrings put out one cd called 'wishing on planes' on le grande magistery in '97. it always reminded me of a lofi version of 'her handwriting', even though it was all recorded before that came out. they even thank beth arzy in the liner notes. :/ she frightens me. i check that message board every once in a while, but i dont post there. ever. i didnt know she was married, very odd. thats really muddies the waters, doesnt it. ann marie! now that was an infatuation i could believe in. i would still be pining over her. did you manage to get a copy of 'soft slow sighs' before matt haynes decided to set them all on fire? im not very happy about having to buy the singles compilation for those songs. sorry, no copies of either setlist. its funny what you said about being underage for the brownies show, my girlfriend at the time and i went to a lot of trouble to get one of her 17 year old friends in. we ended up getting matt to sneak her in and then they didnt card anybody at the door...

ah malory. theyve been on my wantlist for ages.

my aim name is skratchkat, but youll have to tell me yours since ive got it set to block anyone not on my buddylist.

eyesbomb
03-05-2003, 08:58 AM
The Smashing Pumpkins - 26/9/2000 Sacred + Profane tour here in Roma

perhaps the best concert in my life, there are people (even fans) who criticize a lot TSP live, but I find them to be incredible, live.
What I night, I also cried at the end, for how pathetic that may sound.

Radiohead - 11/9/2001 in Berlin

What a night, all of us laughing at Thom telling us about the airplanes.
Then having a party back in the hostel when we discovered it was true..
America burning, what a great night (and show)!!! !

Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds - 19/4/2001 in Oslo

Raw. A great, amazing concert. Red Right Hand with THAT red lights. wow

Bjork - 18/9/2001 in Frankfurt

is when I met and spoke to her, one of the strangest moments in my life. a very wet experience. and the gig.. who loves her knows, check my review on the official site Bjork.com

Joseph Arthur - live at Benicassim Festival, 2/8/2002

First time I saw Joe, it's when we became friends. one of the greatest gigs ever, opening with his harmonica on Mercedes

Alec Empire - live at the Enzimi Festival, 19/9/2002

is the date correct?
Well, the only concert to beat The Stooges and anyone else under the 'rock' point of view
Impossible to describe, greatest concert ever
Also, I helped Alec not dying when he threw himself in the crowd for the 7th rime

fuck, I'll continue this later

Fish
03-05-2003, 10:36 AM
Appleseed Cast - London Dublin Castle 2002
Mogwai - Reading Festival 2001
Smashing Pumpkins - Dominion Theatre 2000
Onelinedrawing - Newport TJs 2002

Urban_Ideation
03-05-2003, 03:46 PM
Sigur Ros - 11/15/02

Simply amazing.

Jesse Miller
03-05-2003, 03:48 PM
Wow, that’s a tough one because I can’t remember all the bands I’ve seen. I’ve seen so many great shows by big and small acts, it’s hard to pick my favorites. If I had to choose, here is my TOP TWO:

1) The Flaming Lips – Milwaukee, The Rave, last show on The Soft Bulletin tour ‘00
The 2nd of 4 times seeing the Flips, this was such a great show for so many reasons… Mason and I snuck in to the soundcheck and watched a few songs and talked with Wayne a bit. For the show, we were right up front, and there seemed to be a lot of eye contact between us and the Flips. I specifically remember giving Steven a “this rawks” nod to him, and he nodded back as if to say “yeah, I know!” Mixed with right amount of confetti, balloons and a set that closed with How Will We Know?, it was the best show I’ve ever seen. Mason taped the show direct from the headphones feed (I uploaded that show to both Flips FTPS, BTW)… We talked to Wayne for about an hour after the show too. Enon opened, which was very cool too.

2) Smashing Pumpkins – Minneapolis, Hennipen Ave Free Show, Adore Tour ‘98
Second of three times seeing them. Yes, this was the only free US show on the Adore Tour; yes, this is the show with tens of thousands of people stuffed in downtown Minneapolis; yes, there were people hanging from lampposts and skyscrapers to see; yes, there was a murderer who escaped from prison to see the show. We were in the VIP section, about a yard away from Corgan. Mason and I bought two passes from a crew worker to get into that one. … For some reason, this was a fantastic show, although it’s a bit harder to explain. It just seemed more intimate… Cracker opened which kinda sucked.

RUNNERS UP:
- Tom Waits – Minneapolis, State Theatre, Get Behind The Mule Tour ‘99
- Lifter Puller – Minneapolis, The Foxfire, late ‘99
- Radiohead – Boston, Sulfolk Downs, Amnesiac tour ‘01
- the pAper chAse – St. Cloud, MN, a basement in the middle of a snow storm, ‘01
- Beck – Minneapolis, Fitzgerald Theatre, solo acoustic, opening dates of Sea Change tour ‘02

patrick
03-05-2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Jesse Miller
- Tom Waits – Minneapolis, State Theatre, Get Behind The Mule Tour ‘99
oh man

tell me about this show please :eek:

distance
03-05-2003, 04:06 PM

definitely one of the best shows i've been to.

Nidhogg
03-05-2003, 04:06 PM
Kiss/Smashing Pumpkins - Haloween '98

bonsor
03-05-2003, 06:12 PM
01: 02.06.00 - The Smashing Pumpkins - The Edge; Palo Alto, CA
I honestly hope that I never experience a day as good as this was. I don't know if I could handle it. The best day of my life. What did she behold? A six foot four bald guy, playing lead fucking guitar.

Enzed
03-05-2003, 07:23 PM
In no particulat order...

Smashing Pumpkins Feb 5, 1994
Wow. I'm a believer.

Jethro Tull, New Plymouth 1994 (25th anniversary tour)
Brought out by a band of bikers. Fucking awesome.

eyesbomb
03-06-2003, 09:49 AM
...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead here in Roma early 2002 were stunning, what a fucking GREAT live act

also, they are currently the greatest rock band on earth, and we all know it

Jon Spencer Blues Explosion april 2002 in Milan..

ecstatic. I love rock'n'roll

Primal Scream live at the Benicassim Festival 3-8-2002

They came on stage right after Radiohead. they erased Radiohead from the planet

shaniqua
03-06-2003, 03:01 PM

01.25.03 - Zwan - Metro; Chicago, IL

that was becuase of me, u know it!

RobTheGood
03-07-2003, 06:51 PM
There are different reasons for me liking a show.

OVERALL:

Smashing Pumpkins @ The Government. Toronto

VISUALLY:

Tool. anywhere. at the ACC. In Hamilton. it doesn't matter.

MUSICALLY:

Wide Mouth Mason. I've seen these guys a few times, and they just totally rock everything everywhere. EVERYONE must see this band live. These guys are musically brilliant.

RUNNERS UP:

Summersault -- Molson Park, Barrie. Pumpkins, Foos, OLP, A Perfect Circle. Best lineup i've seen.

The Roots -- The Warehouse. I don't like rap, but i like the roots. These guys really put on a good show.

Jane's Addiction -- ACC. Another great live band.

The Gaddrow
03-07-2003, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by shaunna
that was becuase of me, u know it! Your presence definitely added to the quality value of that night.

I just wish we could have hung out longer. :(

matt reeder
03-07-2003, 10:19 PM
1. Sleater-Kinney, Champaign, IL... February 22, 2003: Wow. Wow. Hadn't heard much until then....I'm a believer.

2. Local H, Champaign, IL...December 07, 2002: They came on at 12:30 in the morning to an exhausted crowd and proceeded to blow everyone else off the stage. "Fritz's Corner" kicked my ass.

3. Radiohead, Estacada, OR...August 03, 1997: My first concert. I wasn't into them bigtime then, but they blew me away. They even opened with "Fake Plastic Trees".

After this, it kind of blurs together. These are the highlights. Of course, I'm seeing Zwan/Queens, Pearl Jam twice, Flaming Lips, and when announced, Radiohead and R.E.M....so I'll have a lot of new contenders in the next six to eight months.

mirrar
03-08-2003, 04:58 PM
pumpkins march 12 2000.

Nothing/everything
03-08-2003, 05:11 PM
Do make say think (july 2002, Amsterdam)
Explosions in the Sky (september 2002)
Motorpsycho (April 2001)

The Pumpkins back in 2000 was quite an experience, but looking back, comparing to other concerts, it was quite a mediocre show.

shaniqua
03-08-2003, 05:13 PM
three words:

neko fucking case.

Boycott Graceland
03-09-2003, 12:25 AM
zwan 11/16/01 glasshouse
matt sharp 9/14/02 epicentre

small venues, really good artists. i got to sit on the stage next to matt when i saw him. he forgot the melody to one of his songs. i whistled it out, and he said, "oh god, thanks." and he played the song.

i can do better than just dates; setlist for MS:

1. Unknown > My Summer Girl
2. Getting By
3. Man with Two Brains
4. Overlee
5. Let Me Pass
6. Sweetness and Tenderness
7. Every Time in Blue
8. Move On
9. Monica Smiles
10. Goodbye West Coast
11. Waiting on You
12. My Head is in The Sun
13. Some Come Running Through
14. Friends of P
15. These Days
16. January's Girl
17. Say Goodbye Forever
18. Asleep [smiths cover]

MstrGhost
03-09-2003, 12:32 AM
Tool 02 - The best concert i've ever been to. Can't imagine a better one, really. Oh except for 2h left waiting on the rain for it to start :rolleyes: . /me remembers screaming "alive" in parabola and spiting my guts out during the grudge.
The Young Gods 01 - *LOUD*, 3 days to get my ears back.
My Dying Bride 02 - Pretty intense, amazing ambient.

I'm sorry I can't add sp 04/10/00 or zwan 24/02/03 since those concerts weren't that great overall. Mostly because of my mood I'm afraid.

whiteSPider
03-09-2003, 04:51 AM
ive forgotten specific dates on some of these shows but they were definitely worth the effort/money for attending:

* bjork @ dorothy chandler pavillion (los angeles)
* janes addiction at coachella
* smashing pumpkins 01.30.96 soma live (san diego) and 05.23.00 universal ampitheatre
* zwan @ canes (san diego)

they were just really good shows...thats all there is to it.

-robyn*2003

GhostChild
03-09-2003, 10:33 AM
In no order cus each show was great in its own way but...

Smashing Pumpkins 12/2/00 and 2/6/00
Pink Floyd - 94 Oakland, CA
Greatful Dead - 95 (just glad I got to see em once...I was really young tho) Oakland, CA
Modest Mouse - 2/28/02 Chico, CA, 9/15/01 San Diego, CA
Queens of the Stone Age - 10/6/02 Santa Cruz, CA
Tibetion Freedom Concert - 96
Primuse 12/31/94

the_trickster
03-09-2003, 03:24 PM
Radiohead - Liberty State Park, 1st Night ---- managed to get in the front of 25,000 people where i could practically touch Johnny Greenwood. I'm even in that cool picture they have at their hollywood and vine site.

Sigur Ros - Avalon Ballroom - last November ---- this show was surreal. If you dig these guys, you HAVE to see them live, the sound is incredible.

Interpol/The Raveonettes - 2 days ago --- Avalon Ballroom ---- these guys really rocked. The Raveonettes are really good. I reccomend their new EP.

The Strokes--- November 2001 and November 2002 --- they rock live. Seeing them in 2001 before they sold out was a real treat. The Moldy Peaches opened, they are one fucked up band.

Coldplay --- May 2000--- Saw them at the Paradise Rock Club in Boston. Fucking amazing, seeing that not many people in the US knew them at that point

SPReality
03-10-2003, 10:16 PM
SP-Smashbash, Chelsea Piers 2000 an intimate encounter with only 250 people
SP-Glasgow, Scotland 2000--the only time i ever heard dross performed live during the sacred and profane tour.

Pretty much every Pumpkins show I've ever been to for that matter has been phenomenal--and i've been to a couple shows. the energy created is beyond comprehension.

Coldplay
dec 13, 2002 DC
jan 27, 2002 Charlotte, NC
feb 28, 2003 Wallingford, CT
Mar 1, 2003 Camden, NJ
Mar 3, 2003 Pittsburgh PA
A Coldplay live performance is one that can't be missed. It's the most beautiful and heartwarming experience ever.

the cranberries ( i forget when)
that dolores never runs out of energy. she must be on coke--there's never a dull moment.

fidel (a maryland band)
seen them dozens of times and they never fail to please. their energetic riffs hook you in even if you appreciate mostly depressing music--like myself. they are so pleasant to watch that you catch yourself grinning throughout the whole show.

qotsa-1999 though present
this show is not to be missed

honorable mentions:
fountains of wayne-debut album tour only
radiohead-tibetan freedom concert
the cure-wish tour
depeche mode-violator tour thru songs of faith and devotion
new order-get ready tour
bjork-post
garbage-from debut album on
zwan-hope to appreciate them more someday

neopryn
03-11-2003, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by eyesbomb
Radiohead - 11/9/2001 in Berlin

What a night, all of us laughing at Thom telling us about the airplanes.
Then having a party back in the hostel when we discovered it was true..
America burning, what a great night (and show)!!! !

You're a fucking moron. Shut the fuck up.

eyesbomb
03-11-2003, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by neopryn

You're a fucking moron. Shut the fuck up.

ahahahahh

fuck you.
:)