View Full Version : "Listen y'all up, this is sabotage, Jimmy Kirk!"

Ugly
04-08-2009, 10:44 PM
Screencap of Leoard Nimoy at the world premiere of Star Trek, after the credits are rolling. Check out the song credit behind him.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g254/th1nktank/web/sabotage-1.jpg

"Sabotage" plays during the car-chase with young Jimmy Kirk after Nero has fucked up the timeline and Kirk now loves the Beastie Boys.

Eh, why not. Beats how on TNG all they listened to was fucking opera and classical music.

ohnoitsbonnie
04-08-2009, 10:52 PM
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/6810/ohlordohlord.png

HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH THIS

Ugly
04-08-2009, 11:00 PM
viewing at 800?

Nimrod's Son
04-08-2009, 11:11 PM
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/6810/ohlordohlord.png

HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH THIS

i block those people

Nimrod's Son
04-08-2009, 11:13 PM
also, ugly, knowles and his henchmen were TOO into the whole new flick. whenever that happens, it's an easy sign that:

they got paid off (look at the premiere they got to attend, with nimoy)
they have friends involved (knowles admits this)
they're getting something out of it (knowles is one of the "celebrities" who painted an enterprise? who the fuck wants a harry knowles painting?!?)

Nimrod's Son
04-08-2009, 11:14 PM
also it would have been cooler if they played some new music by bands we'd never heard of in order to place us in the future a bit... that's at least why TNG always played classical or jazz.. i could never imagine picard rocking out to quadrophenia.

Ugly
04-08-2009, 11:52 PM
I didn't read the reviews on AICN. Harry Knowles screenings are usually suspect anyway.

They managed to pull of Magic Carpet Ride pretty good in First Contact. I don't buy that all music in the Trek-verse would suddenly go out of style and all they'd listen to would be classical or jazz. (However, alot of that was rights issues). I think, in the end, JJ Abrams and Co. are just trying to show off something you'd never expect in a Trek movie. Car chases and rock music work anyway. What are they going to do, play the Alexander Courage Trek theme song? I don't object to the idea of a car chase, way to flip the idea on it's head. Besides, looking at the trailers, it's not as if the movie is going to be lacking in spaceship fights anyway.

Not that I love Beastie Boys Sabotage or anything, but, musically, something loud kind of works. Trek has been around forever, you can do anything you want in it because it fits into any genre.

Trotskilicious
04-09-2009, 02:23 AM
is harry knowels still the size of a small moon

severin
04-09-2009, 02:47 AM
apparently this was not a regular knowles-screening, but still. everything on aicn about the new trek is hyperbole...BUT at least they aknowledge this in the reviews. they tell everyone it might be because of the setting and how they got to see this. i don't really care either way

Nimrod's Son
04-09-2009, 03:37 AM
They managed to pull of Magic Carpet Ride pretty good in First Contact.

First Contact - at least that part of it - took place in the relatively near future from now and there wasn't a lot of new music coming out since there was a Eugenics War and World War III which isolated the populations.

Ugly
04-09-2009, 06:57 PM
First Contact - at least that part of it - took place in the relatively near future from now and there wasn't a lot of new music coming out since there was a Eugenics War and World War III which isolated the populations.

What about those drug-addicted WWIII soldiers that Q recreated in Encounter At Farpoint? I'm sure they cranked out some some crazy, cocaine-fueled jams.

is harry knowels still the size of a small moon

That's no moon, it's a space station. Just check out the video online of him introducing it. I think he's stuck in a wheelchair now. Kind of sad, actually. I feel for the guy.

All that aside, and as much as an in-pocket Knowles is with the studios, I DO think it was rather champ that Paramount unexpectedly dropped the World Premiere on Austin with Lindeolf, the screenwriters, and Spock himself. Seems like a much cooler geek-cred thing to do as opposed to the flashbulb and suit wearing Sydney Opera House media-scrum premiere with the young cast and the director. A solid 3 hours before it first screened down under, too.

Nimrod's Son
04-09-2009, 07:15 PM
All that aside, and as much as an in-pocket Knowles is with the studios, I DO think it was rather champ that Paramount unexpectedly dropped the World Premiere on Austin with Lindeolf, the screenwriters, and Spock himself. Seems like a much cooler geek-cred thing to do as opposed to the flashbulb and suit wearing Sydney Opera House media-scrum premiere with the young cast and the director. A solid 3 hours before it first screened down under, too.

dude they dropped it in austin because knowles and his two biggest cronies would be in attendance and would generate buzz. i find that incredibly not cool.

Ugly
04-10-2009, 12:54 AM
Yeah, big PR move for the AICN crew, but - aside from those bloated sellouts - I think the random geek who shelled out for the ticket for only 10 minutes of Star Trek and got the big geek filmmaker's from the movie production (Lost's / Trek Producer Lindeolf and the movie's screenwriters) and Spock himself had themselves a good time.

All the PR spin reasoning aside, Sabotage still is the Best Goddamn Music Video Ever. Regardless of what you think of the Beasties and it's usage in Star Trek and so on, this video fucking rules:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/H4PN7Xbexq4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/H4PN7Xbexq4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Trotskilicious
04-10-2009, 06:57 AM
That's no moon, it's a space station. Just check out the video online of him introducing it. I think he's stuck in a wheelchair now. Kind of sad, actually. I feel for the guy.

I don't. I'm fat, I don't get a lot of exercise, i don't eat good. so i kinda wonder how a motherfucker gets that big nawmeen