View Full Version : Barden, my man

RopeyLopey
03-02-2009, 09:03 PM
I don't know if you remember, but I was telling you I might be in Cape Town this summer. Last week I got it all approved, so I will be in Cape Town July 13-18. I hope we can meet, then. Is Timb still living there, too?

barden
03-02-2009, 09:15 PM
Oh wow I forgot all about TimB! Does anyone remember his real name?

I will more then likely be here, although we might be on tour sometime in July, no confirmed dates yet though, I'll try make it end of June / early July.
That'll be neat indeed!
:D

sickbadthing
03-02-2009, 09:15 PM
RopeyLopey, you are a world traveler.

barden
03-02-2009, 09:16 PM
do you know where specifically you'll be staying yet?

barden
03-02-2009, 09:17 PM
you can stay at my house, i have a spare room and bed and we can spend the big dollars you save buying pot and hookers.

RopeyLopey
03-02-2009, 09:20 PM
They were offering me dorm beds at Smuts Hall or Fuller Hall at University of Cape Town R 181 per night. What's the rate between R and USD?

If you live somewhere close to the university and you are OK with it, I would accept your offer (minus hookers). Do you want me to bring anything for you from USA or Canada? I will probably go through Amsterdam and Dubai as well, but I don't smuggle drugs.

barden
03-02-2009, 09:27 PM
Its roughly, or pretty close to R10 to a dollar, but considering it's a dorm room I dont know if you're getting anything special!
My house is nice and it's by the beach and about 10 minutes from the university (probably a little longer in traffic!)
My dads talking about moving, but that'll probably take a while and if we do it'll be to a nice house with a spare room too cause we have a lot of family who visit, so either way I'm sure it'll be cool!

barden
03-02-2009, 09:28 PM
it's a really nice university though, by the way!
which departments will you be involved with? I'm making new friends in this city, and you never know, maybe I know someone and that could be neat for you too with an inside link!

RopeyLopey
03-02-2009, 09:32 PM
Its roughly, or pretty close to R10 to a dollar, but considering it's a dorm room I dont know if you're getting anything special!
My house is nice and it's by the beach and about 10 minutes from the university (probably a little longer in traffic!)
My dads talking about moving, but that'll probably take a while and if we do it'll be to a nice house with a spare room too cause we have a lot of family who visit, so either way I'm sure it'll be cool!excellent. Thank you very much, Barden. I will let you know as we move closer to the date and I know more specifics. I expect to buy the flight ticket in 2 weeks from now. If anything happens and you are not around that time, it is OK, don't worry. But I thought it would be nice to meet you, if I have a chance.
Anyways, as I said, I will travel fairly light, so if there is anything you can think of that you might need from North America, let me know and I can get it for you and bring it.
I will PM you my email.

barden
03-02-2009, 09:47 PM
Aw, I cant think of anything specific right now, but any random things from that side like candy or something seems fun! haha.
maybe a cool shirt. Shirts are cool! I really have no idea. But thanks for the offer! :D

And dont worry about the Aids, we'll fight it together.