View Full Version : idea for a sp/zwan guitar tabs site

spfreak
03-02-2003, 03:52 PM
*ahem*
after RopeyLopey posted that tab of MSoTS, i found myself completely lost trying to play it :(
i'd like to think of myself as being somewhat decent at playing the guitar, but damn :( i suck at playing leads like that....
mainly cuz i suck at trying to isolate that one guitar track from the cd and trying to hear what it sounds like.

so! my idea is, a guitar tab site that has clips of the actual tab being played out! that way you have an idea of what its supposed to sound like....

i remember there was a site which had vids of how to play stuff, it was a cool idea, but yeah, vids are harder to make and stuff and yaddie yaddie yadda....

belh
just an idea

-spfreak

spfreak
03-02-2003, 03:52 PM
ps. someone make this

Thoughtless
03-02-2003, 04:20 PM
i always tab out my stuff in Guitar Pro (www.guitar-pro.com) and Power Tab (www.power-tab.net), which uses both sheet music and tablature, so it looks like it's from a transcription book, and it can play it back via midi. There are alot of good tabs (alot of them are mine too, my name at both of them is Markdude) for them at www.mysongbook.com and www.powertabs.net

frenchy
03-02-2003, 05:41 PM
Sinon Paz has some crazy lines, it would be cool to make bass tabs also.

RopeyLopey
03-02-2003, 05:43 PM
I don't have an equipment for recording myself playing the songs.
I know the tab is quite a difficult one (at least G1), but I provided the timing above the tabs as well (this could help, but I alone remember myself how much time I've spent figuring out solo of TAFH using Brian's tab even despite the fact there was a timing provided as well - I guess if I'd figured it out on my own, it'd be faster..)
Have you tried playing G2 (B0lly)? This isn't "that" hard as G1 plus you can see him playing (at least the beginning) that on DVD.

Yes, surely it'd be great to do such a site, but I am not the one, sorry.
SPfreak, now the school is getting over my head, but during April the school is over so I could devote some time to help you with it..
let me know or surely I'll see you at the concert.
Jan