View Full Version : worst show in the history of shows potentially cancelled

ravenguy2000
11-12-2008, 02:27 PM
Defamer Exclusive: MADtv Canceled (http://defamer.com/5084413/defamer-exclusive-madtv-canceled)

Though the high-profile political season has gifted Saturday Night Live with some killer ratings, it apparently hasn't floated all sketch comedy boats. Rumors started circulating today that Fox's MADtv was canceled in the middle of its fourteenth season, so Defamer checked in with one of our operatives to get the scoop:

"It's true," said the highly-placed source. "We're finishing out the season, then we're done."

Fox had been experimenting with potential MADtv replacements over the last few years, though none of its hush-hush, taped pilots ever made it to series. We're hearing, though, that the network has currently decided to keep its other late-night offering, Talk Show with Spike Feresten. Developing!

Banana
11-12-2008, 02:30 PM
Holy shit that shows still pumping out new episodes on tv? I thought it got canceled years ago and just had it's horrible reruns on comedy central.

And I must say that I am very disappointed that this wasn't about Mind of Mencia.

JUnderscore
11-12-2008, 02:36 PM
ugh! get rid of spike. he's horrible. i mean, he doesn't even look like a 'spike'

Pizza Club
11-12-2008, 02:50 PM
I am proud to say that I have never watched this show for more than 5 minutes.

Nimrod's Son
11-12-2008, 03:03 PM
Spike Feresten is great. Also the old MAD TV with Artie Lange as Fat White Momma always made me laugh.

Nimrod's Son
11-12-2008, 03:10 PM
Also FWIW Mad usually had better female cast members than SNL

ravenguy2000
11-12-2008, 03:21 PM
Spike Feresten is great. Also the old MAD TV with Artie Lange as Fat White Momma always made me laugh.

I was just listening to Fresh Air the other day and Artie was on. And he was talking about how boring his life was and how he was pretty much just bored miserable with the radio show and stand up and everything in general.

And Terri Gross asked him "Well, if you're so unhappy with work, what makes you happy, what do you want to do, just stay home and watch TV all day?"

And he straight up replied "Well, I pretty much just want to do heroin."

Mablak
11-12-2008, 03:31 PM
From what I've seen of Spike Ferensten he's really painfully unfunny. But yeah Mad TV is almost assuredly the worst show of any kind ever created, I can't think of anything that comes close.

Mo
11-12-2008, 03:43 PM
I recently tried to watch an episode, since I used to be a huge fan of MAD mag, but I had to turn it off. Unbearable.

agenda suicide
11-12-2008, 04:23 PM
I haven't seen an episode of madtv since I was in junior high. I thought it sucked then, and I can't believe it's lasted this long.
However, I did sometimes enjoy the skits with Stuart and Ms.Swan.

Andrew_Pakula
11-12-2008, 04:56 PM
I haven't watched MadTV since the second season I think.

I'm also amazed it is still putting out new episodes still.

Fox has a bad habit of either canceling shows way too soon or way too late.

Debaser
11-12-2008, 05:47 PM
I was just listening to Fresh Air the other day and Artie was on. And he was talking about how boring his life was and how he was pretty much just bored miserable with the radio show and stand up and everything in general.

And Terri Gross asked him "Well, if you're so unhappy with work, what makes you happy, what do you want to do, just stay home and watch TV all day?"

And he straight up replied "Well, I pretty much just want to do heroin."

yeah that was a good ep. i try to catch fresh air every single day

Debaser
11-12-2008, 05:48 PM
artie is like the american amy winehouse. we're all just waiting for him to die already

maoi
11-12-2008, 05:57 PM
the dane cook parodies were pretty good

wounded
11-12-2008, 07:32 PM
yeah that is a pretty bad show

i saw an ad that said watch the madtv cast play guitar hero this saturday on madtv and just thought, wow that sounds absolutely miserable to watch

ravenguy2000
11-12-2008, 09:26 PM
yeah that was a good ep. i try to catch fresh air every single day

I drive around a lot for work and school and I try to schedule my day around Terry Gross's sweet, sweet voice.

She is like, the most profoundly cool aunt who just happens to not really be my aunt and on the radio to me. :love:

stripes
11-12-2008, 09:31 PM
Sheesh, Madtv?

TriangleAssasin
11-12-2008, 10:48 PM
Oh no! Where will Family Guy get new voice talent from now?

TheMilstead
11-12-2008, 10:59 PM
...And nothing of value was lost.

Nimrod's Son
11-13-2008, 07:02 PM
I watched Chocolate News last night (unfortunately) and I saw a number of MAD TV actors on it, so maybe they're migrating already