View Full Version : We are all becoming alien

Deadeyes
11-08-2008, 08:43 PM
Humour me for a moment if you will. I sit here pondering humanity and the future of nature, evolution. You see, I am thinking about how individual we are becoming, the independance of our species. Well, I wonder, how far do we go before we are detached from those basic ties of nature? Perhaps we already are. I have this jarring feeling that in a sense, we are losing some identity, perhaps it is a basic identity or equal identity as an animal, im not sure. How different are we becoming from eachother? What are the consequences of this?

There are basic things observable in people, culture etc. The problem I am realising is, there is a distinct seperation growing in us, maybe this is natures evolution taking place in our very minds. The difference is causing all sorts of disturbing acts, I wonder if we are all to end up independant and unneeding of eachother eventually, if we even make it that far. Imagine a world of aliens, mental aliens, in some ways that doesn't seem to far away.

I have just read "who goes there?", it's what the thing is based on. I realise now why I thought that film a dark metaphor, despite the fact its a brilliant sci-fi horror story anyway. I feel oddly scared of everyone.

MonteLDS
11-08-2008, 08:48 PM
humor me for a min that we are all aliens, it's all based on perspective

Mo
11-08-2008, 08:50 PM
*sigh*

suncrashesdown
11-08-2008, 08:57 PM
Go on man, just flow it out with verbal words

Hate the Hater
11-08-2008, 09:11 PM
the independance of our species.

Our species is in no way independent from nature.

Deadeyes
11-08-2008, 09:16 PM
humor me for a min that we are all aliens, it's all based on perspective

Yes, this is a true point. We are all alien, we are all different. But I wonder how far does that extension go? Can it go far enough to say, stop people relating to others? Yes it does already. And with more freedom, will we bridge even further out of relation? It's hard to even say whether that is a bad thing. But I wonder whether it can go to the point of not really being part of the race, not wanting to be. But extending to individual pursuits, not caring for a social mentality, ultimately. That spark is already within us subtly.

Deadeyes
11-08-2008, 09:23 PM
Our species is in no way independent from nature.

The independence of our species from eachother. We are capable of being independent, we have the means as an animal, though we are better in groups. Im talking about the independent mindset.

MonteLDS
11-08-2008, 09:25 PM
why does what you are saying remind me of a scripture in the New Testament.. Something Paul said about people not having affection for each other..

Hate the Hater
11-08-2008, 09:27 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/12/Alien.png

Deadeyes
11-08-2008, 09:29 PM
why does what you are saying remind me of a scripture in the New Testament.. Something Paul said about people not having affection for each other..

I don't know, I haven't read it. But I am talking without a bias, I am talking about the psychology of alienation and how when you think about it, it can scare the shit out of you.

Floppy Nono
11-08-2008, 09:30 PM
The independence of our species from eachother. We are capable of being independent, we have the means as an animal, though we are better in groups. Im talking about the independent mindset.

just because we have an independent mindset doesn't mean we can ever be truly independent from each other. at the very least, we have to come together to breed unless humanity found a way to surf 4chan and rub a baby out and didn't let me know

Hate the Hater
11-08-2008, 09:32 PM
are you feeling lonely, Deadeyes? do you have a webcam? maybe we can cheer each other up.

Deadeyes
11-08-2008, 09:46 PM
just because we have an independent mindset doesn't mean we can ever be truly independent from each other. at the very least, we have to come together to breed unless humanity found a way to surf 4chan and rub a baby out and didn't let me know

Yes, we do still have to breed. But we don't have to care about others, or even what we create. We have that ability, we have that power of alienation and it happens now. You could argue if you are independent in mindset from others then you are alien regardless of how you perform with them. The hidden agenda, that ultimately selfish life.

Deadeyes
11-08-2008, 09:47 PM
are you feeling lonely, Deadeyes? do you have a webcam? maybe we can cheer each other up.

You see I don't relate to you, at all.

Deadeyes
11-08-2008, 09:49 PM
Nah just kidding, maybe some other time champ.