View Full Version : So, Ihamatt gets some screentime in the SP documentary

AndySlash
11-07-2008, 10:43 AM
And, being the good netphorian he is, he's pretty much complaining about the band.

They did spell his name wrong in the credits (as Lucera- unless I'm mistaken, it's Lucero).

Monte is seen in it a few times, as well as several other people in brief moments.

murgle
11-07-2008, 10:52 AM
I was going to go see that last night, but I decided to wait since it's coming out on DVD in like 4 days anyway.

Eulogy
11-07-2008, 10:55 AM
caine walker saw it last night, and he told me monte was in it quite a bit

i laughed because i thought it was a joke

:(

it'll be cool to see good ol' ihamatt on the dvd though.

AndySlash
11-07-2008, 11:11 AM
You only SEE Monte, though, fopr the most part. The only speaking thing he gets is during a quick-shot collage when a bunch of people are naming songs they want to hear.

Really, a lot of the fan shit that they show is embarrassing for both Bill and for the fans.

threetwooneZERO
11-07-2008, 11:19 AM
How unfortunate. Did you go to the film premiere?

agenda suicide
11-07-2008, 11:21 AM
Al wanted me to go with him but I had class. Plus I'm a broke ass bitch.

threetwooneZERO
11-07-2008, 11:22 AM
It should of been free. I wonder if they were selling hoodies for 95 dollars.

Caine Walker
11-07-2008, 11:43 AM
Really, a lot of the fan shit that they show is embarrassing for both Bill and for the fans.

embarrassing yes, but extremely telling of what kind of people he surrounds himself with and how he views the fans.

other notes:

every time linda strawberry is on screen with her awful purple hair, it made me uncomfortable.

and his "personal assistant" is almost too much to bear sometimes. there was a shot when the two of them are in the car, and she gives him a some sort of look off-frame and he asks why she's angry at him. she refuses to admit any kind of ill-mindset, and he suggests they put on some music to cut the tension. there are so many awkward moments between corgan and anyone he talks to...

but the scene where jeff finally breaks down was actually pretty heartfelt, and the complete frustration of the entire band is made tangible. it was a neat sequence.

there is an entire section where they talk about gossamer, and show footage of them doing the 10 minute freakout sections with the fans yawning and fidgeting and leaving.

oh, and matt is wearing a sweater from H&M that i have as well. i got excited.

Nimrod's Son
11-07-2008, 01:02 PM
Wait, was this in theaters or what

MonteLDS
11-07-2008, 01:09 PM
in independent theaters across the country, for 1 showing.

I recall watching Matt get interview and I think his comments came out really well for how he felt

Caine Walker
11-07-2008, 01:24 PM
what the hell is an "independent" theater?

i saw it at a Kerasotes last night on western and webster. there were actually a lot more people there than i expected.

MonteLDS
11-07-2008, 01:28 PM
what the hell is an "independent" theater?

i saw it at a Kerasotes last night on western and webster. there were actually a lot more people there than i expected.

you seriously don't know what an independent theater is? You do know what an independent film is right?
kind of put the two together

wHATcOLOR
11-07-2008, 01:35 PM
They did spell his name wrong in the credits (as Lucera- unless I'm mistaken, it's Lucero)

in their defense, it is a hispanic name and he probably did seem quite feminine

MonteLDS
11-07-2008, 01:36 PM
it surprises me that they spelled his name wrong because we had to fill out paper work (a release form), where we wrote our own names down

wHATcOLOR
11-07-2008, 01:39 PM
lots of things surprise you

Cool As Ice Cream
11-07-2008, 01:42 PM
it surprises me that they spelled his name wrong because we had to fill out paper work (a release form), where we wrote our own names down

omg. it's almost unthinkable that they spelled it wrong then.

Caine Walker
11-07-2008, 01:43 PM
you seriously don't know what an independent theater is? You do know what an independent film is right?
kind of put the two together

i ask because you clearly didn't know that it was in "nonindependent" theaters as well.

RopeyLopey
11-07-2008, 01:50 PM
it surprises me that they spelled his name wrong because we had to fill out paper work (a release form), where we wrote our own names downIt surprises me you have spelled your own name correctly.

Ihaman
11-07-2008, 01:50 PM
I was on adderol.

Caine Walker
11-07-2008, 01:52 PM
lol

Eulogy
11-07-2008, 01:56 PM
look! it's him it's him!

vanilla
11-07-2008, 02:05 PM
i'm gonna have to watch this again because i was kind of in a fog. there were parts i thought were boring, some of the fans just made me cringe, and gossamer kicked ass.

Sarcastic Smile
11-07-2008, 02:13 PM
ew im scared to watch it.. does everyone look like a bunch of juggalos or worse?

Caine Walker
11-07-2008, 02:14 PM
it's all juggalos, actually.

pale blue eyes
11-07-2008, 02:22 PM
So, did all of you see this in a theater or has it leaked online? Just curious, I am a bit out of the loop.

Caine Walker
11-07-2008, 02:24 PM
i saw it at a Kerasotes last night on western and webster. there were actually a lot more people there than i expected.<k>

AndySlash
11-07-2008, 02:48 PM
i'm gonna have to watch this again because i was kind of in a fog.

Sorry. I had Taco Bell for lunch.

AndySlash
11-07-2008, 03:12 PM
So, did all of you see this in a theater or has it leaked online? Just curious, I am a bit out of the loop.

It's playing in Wilmington at Theater N tomorrow night...

Cool As Ice Cream
11-07-2008, 03:15 PM
did they show the entire dvd set, or just the "if all goes wrong" documentary?

Caine Walker
11-07-2008, 03:20 PM
just the doc.

pale blue eyes
11-07-2008, 03:40 PM
It's playing in Wilmington at Theater N tomorrow night...

Thanks but I'll probably just wait until it comes out on DVD. I doubt I could talk anybody else into go along anyway.

ammy
11-07-2008, 03:49 PM
did they have interviews from the last shows in chicago? i know a bunch of people at the days inn were in those.. like Becca...

AndySlash
11-07-2008, 03:54 PM
nope.

AndySlash
11-07-2008, 03:55 PM
I doubt I could talk anybody else into go along anyway.

I didn't know moviegoing was an experience that must be shared.

Nimrod's Son
11-07-2008, 03:58 PM
I haven't heard anything about it playing here.. not that I'd have wasted my money on it, but still.

Esty
11-07-2008, 06:38 PM
Can you mention these fan moments that made you cringe? What do they do exactly?

vanilla
11-07-2008, 06:44 PM
"oh billy, tee hee, you can do no wrong".
or these two girls who brought him a clay sculpture of billy's head...well those girls just made me laugh.

Elvis The Fat Years
11-07-2008, 06:55 PM
so it's basically like reading the comments on myspace and the o-site?

duovamp
11-07-2008, 07:04 PM
Is disslunker's ex-girlfriend in it by chance?

Caine Walker
11-08-2008, 01:40 AM
Can you mention these fan moments that made you cringe? What do they do exactly?

the two girls who brought the red clay bust of billy up to him at the orange peel. she talked to him about how one of her friends killed himself and she found the body, and like, the pumpkins getting back together was the only thing that pulled her through. then billy started strumming something on the gi-tar, and they were waving their hands through the air and rolling their heads around like it was some sort of magic melody.

Hate the Hater
11-08-2008, 01:41 AM
haha

Sonic Johnny
11-08-2008, 02:01 AM
the two girls who brought the red clay bust of billy up to him at the orange peel. she talked to him about how one of her friends killed himself and she found the body, and like, the pumpkins getting back together was the only thing that pulled her through. then billy started strumming something on the gi-tar, and they were waving their hands through the air and rolling their heads around like it was some sort of magic melody.

:rofl:

fuck i cant wait to watch this.

Esty
11-08-2008, 02:57 AM

Well, I'm not going to make fun of her for the loss of their friend, but that second part is beyond stupid.

Fattening Ass
11-08-2008, 04:44 AM
inappropriate thread for this forum

TheMilstead
11-08-2008, 07:43 AM

:rofl: I can't wait for this.