wHATcOLOR
11-03-2008, 09:15 PM
iverson traded to pistons

redbull
11-03-2008, 09:18 PM
bo dude

samuel redman
11-03-2008, 09:19 PM
Maybe he'll win something now. Seems like an incredibly high price for a one year player at this point though.

redbull
11-03-2008, 09:20 PM
my family from pennsylvania all really, really hate him

samuel redman
11-03-2008, 09:22 PM
yeah, but he is a fucking once in a generation player. He's fun to watch.

Netphorian Gadabout
11-03-2008, 09:35 PM
I read some article speculating about how the whole thing is to show Detroit is committed to winning and to ingratiate themselves with Iverson's agent who is also LeBron's in some attempt to sign LeBron when he becomes a free-agent. Almost entirely conjecture.

waltermcphilp
11-03-2008, 09:37 PM
dumb.

Chuck=Zero
11-03-2008, 10:19 PM
Holy shit, this move puts Denver over the top now! I mean shit, Chauncey Billups teamed up with Carmelo Anthony and Marcus Camby holdin' it down on defense! Oh wait, that's right, Denver traded away the only player they had who played defense in Camby this past summer. Oh well, at least their chances of making the playoffs improved, slightly.

Sucks for Sixer fans who are waiting to see AI come back here for a game...the only matchup with the Nuggets here this year wasn't until February, now they've got to wait another two months 'til April when the Pistons come to town for their one and only visit this year. And talk about a match made in heaven: Allen Iverson and Rasheed Wallace...Flip's really got his hands full now!

ciGarski
11-03-2008, 10:25 PM
baseketball

Netphorian Gadabout
11-03-2008, 10:34 PM
Flip's really got his hands full now!

He got fired at the end of last season, yo.

This move does give the Pistons like 40 million in cap space since 'Sheed and AI's contracts are over this year. And they'd still have Tayshaun, Rip, Stuckey, Maxiel, and Amir Johnson signed. So, it's kinda a good deal for the Pistons in the long run.

Chuck=Zero
11-04-2008, 12:23 AM
He got fired at the end of last season, yo.

This move does give the Pistons like 40 million in cap space since 'Sheed and AI's contracts are over this year. And they'd still have Tayshaun, Rip, Stuckey, Maxiel, and Amir Johnson signed. So, it's kinda a good deal for the Pistons in the long run.

:embarass:

Oh yeah, that's right, they've got Terry Porter runnin' things now. I guess with this move they've probably put 'Sheed on the trading block. They've also signed RIP to a three-year contract extension.

threetwooneZERO
11-04-2008, 12:46 AM
Can't wait for some DEEEEEEEEETROIT BASKETBALL!

Shapan
11-04-2008, 12:36 PM
this is a great fucking deal for detroit

they finally get a proven offensive star to help their bullshit offense in the POs when it usually goes stale when facing someone like lebron or wade. and this is the best chance AI gets to get a ring he deserves. im mainly happy for AI, i dont really see detroit winning a title but they improved their chances a lot with this deal.

PLUS AI's contract is done at the end of the year along with wallace so they can unload two declining(albeit very serviceable still) stars and make a bid for a younger guy if they want. dumars is a smart fuck.

also good for denver but thats a high price tag with chauncey for a team that just dealt marcus camby for jack shit in order to loosen some cap space. chauncey will be a solid point guard for a few more years but i thought this team was going to try and reboot while staying a little respectable this year. they'll probably battle for 8, maybe get it, and get wrecked by the lakers/hornets.

Tchocky
11-04-2008, 03:42 PM
I read some article speculating about how the whole thing is to show Detroit is committed to winning and to ingratiate themselves with Iverson's agent who is also LeBron's in some attempt to sign LeBron when he becomes a free-agent. Almost entirely conjecture.

Yeah, my dad is convinced of something similar. He says that with Chauncey's contract gone and with AI and 'Sheed's contracts ending after this season, this will free up the cap room required to land Lebron, and they should have a good shot at him because they're a top contender. Problem is, Lebron has all but made it 100% clear that he wants to be a New York Knick...god only knows why though, they're terrible.

Wonder if we'll see McDyess as a Piston again later this season...Denver's probably just going to buy out his contract.

Netphorian Gadabout
11-04-2008, 03:51 PM
Problem is, Lebron has all but made it 100% clear that he wants to be a New York Knick...god only knows why though, they're terrible.

LeBron would love to be in LA or NY/NJ but more than that he wants to be known as the best player in the league, which he'll never get recognized as without a title. The Pistons seem to be banking on him wanting to win more than he wants to play in a media mecca. (The money's a wash -- everyone will offer him the same amount.)

Netphorian Gadabout
11-04-2008, 03:53 PM
Wonder if we'll see McDyess as a Piston again later this season...Denver's probably just going to buy out his contract.

This is an interesting wrinkle. If this becomes Billups for Iverson straight up, the Pistons raped them. McDyess is no star, but I'd love him back in Detroit.

Tchocky
11-04-2008, 03:57 PM
Don't forget Cheick Samb! :D