View Full Version : Anyone know how to rip videos from youtube?

Kahlo
10-31-2008, 06:48 PM
Does anyone know what software is best to rip youtube videos with?

I need to get a copy of a lecture on youtube, and I'm not sure how to save the flv file to my desktop. Any help is appreciated, as I need to be able to view this file offline -

The lecture is called "An Anthropological introduction to youtube"

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=TPAO-lZ4_hU

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TPAO-lZ4_hU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TPAO-lZ4_hU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Floppy Nono
10-31-2008, 06:50 PM
is it just that video you need? i'll do it for you right now. would you still like to know anyway?

yo soy el mejor
10-31-2008, 06:51 PM
floppy nono is the sweetest! :]

what is your real name, flops?

Floppy Nono
joe

Kahlo
Yep just the video. If you did this for me it would be amazing! I need to watch this for my course, but won't have inet for the next few days so you would be doing me a huge favour :love:

D.
10-31-2008, 06:52 PM
vixy.net [beta]

Kahlo
10-31-2008, 06:52 PM
floppy nono is the sweetest! :]

what is your real name, flops?

This. I feel your personality has come out alot more in recent months which is a good thing :)

yo soy el mejor
10-31-2008, 06:53 PM
joe

floppy joejoe!

Kahlo
10-31-2008, 06:53 PM
vixy.net [beta]

Thanks for the tip as well D. :)

You guys are helping great :smoke:

yo soy el mejor
10-31-2008, 06:54 PM
This. I feel your personality has come out alot more in recent months which is a good thing :)

are you agreeing with me and talking about my personality. or are you talking about floppy also.

probs the latter cause i think you hate me.

Floppy Nono
10-31-2008, 06:54 PM
alright, it's pretty big and for some reason it's downloading the site slow but i'm doing it. probably should take about 20 minutes to rip and then i'll just up it to mediafire or something. you'll have it within the next hour or so (less) for sure.

if you need it faster, you can save flv files easily if you have firefox by downloading some plug-in called DownloadHelper and just pressing play on the youtube video. the icon next to your address bar will start flashing and if you click the little drop down button next to it it will give you the option of downloading the flv. this also works for grabbing mp3's and stuff from webpages quickly.

Kahlo
10-31-2008, 06:55 PM
are you agreeing with me and talking about my personality. or are you talking about floppy also.

probs the latter cause i think you hate me.

I was talking about Floppy. I don't hate you by any stretch of the imagination - no matter how much fun you make of my awesome hair.

Kahlo
10-31-2008, 06:57 PM
alright, it's pretty big and for some reason it's downloading the site slow but i'm doing it. probably should take about 20 minutes to rip and then i'll just up it to mediafire or something. you'll have it within the next hour or so (less) for sure.

if you need it faster, you can save flv files easily if you have firefox by downloading some plug-in called DownloadHelper and just pressing play on the youtube video. the icon next to your address bar will start flashing and if you click the little drop down button next to it it will give you the option of downloading the flv. this also works for grabbing mp3's and stuff from webpages quickly.

Nah thanks man! that is a great help. I just need it before tommorow, as I'll be flying and leaving my beloved inet connection behind :)

Also thanks for the firefox tip :)

Floppy Nono
10-31-2008, 06:57 PM
aww, thanks for your kind words you guys :) . this will be a truly merry halloween yet!

yo soy el mejor
10-31-2008, 06:59 PM
god bless us... everyone

Floppy Nono
10-31-2008, 06:59 PM
says the maniac killer with a chainsaw for a hand

Mo
10-31-2008, 07:00 PM
http://www.DownloadYoutubeVideos.com

Kahlo
10-31-2008, 07:02 PM
I didn't think that was a real site when I saw it on google search... it seemed too obvious :)